PDA

View Full Version : Dirge of Cerberus Reactions

Necronopticous
08-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Well, the game is finally out and I'm sure a lot of you picked it up today like I did. I've been playing for the last three hours or so and just as I expected I am having a great time with it. The game does not feel "slow" at all in my opinion, which seemed to be the big complaint. The introduction FMV was amazing, the gameplay has been unique and fun, and I am really digging the weapon customization system.

I can now say with confidence that this game is only getting burned so bad by everyone because people like to hold Square to insane standards and expect every game to be as detailed and expansive as a new installment to the Final Fantasy main series.

What are your reactions so far?

Zeromus_X
08-17-2006, 02:15 AM
My friend got it today (I'll probably borrow it when he's done).

Kitten Sith!!!!! :cat: :love: My baby kitty!!!! :cat: :love:

It certainly looks badass. He just beat the first boss, and met Kitten Sith...<3

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-17-2006, 03:23 AM
I just got it today, as well. I want to replay FFVII again, though. Unfortunately, I couldn't put it down until like an hour into the first chapter when my dad was like "Go to bed."

Man, even the tutorial was fun.

Wow, I was afraid I wouldn't like it b/c I never like shooters, although I rented GoldenEye a few times way back and thought that was ok. I've tried Halo at a friend's house once and hated that. But Dirge of Cerberus seems very good. It's good that it's not too easy, but it's not too hard either, which I think is appropriate since I think most fans of FF aren't very good at or play a lot of shooters. I could be wrong, though.

The customization option might take a while for me to get the hang of. Right now, I'm kinda just blindy equipping stuff when it says so and know what something does, but I don't quite get yet where to put stuff except for where the item comes up. I also need to get better at controlling Vincent and get better at avoiding getting hit when I'm being ambushed.

The voice acting, and yeah the opening movie and other cinematics are all good. Steve Blum as Vincent! I couldn't ask for a better English male voiceover.

Some people might not like how Kalm has changed and looks a lot larger instead. Yeah, I thought it was funny that Kalm got much larger! But that's good, b/c now it looks more like a real town. But of course, I still love the Kalm of FFVII. It was simpler but I still loved it, like the rest of the areas you explored. Now, when Kalm looks more like a real town, even though it's different, I'm pretty ok with the changes. You can't really make an action game w/o expanding Kalm.

So far so good, I like it a lot!

The only thing I think was a slight disappointment was I can't change names. Hmm, I guess what I could do in my next playthough of FFVII before I go back to DoC would be to leave Cait Sith, Yuffie, and Vincent as default and change everyone else since everyone else doesn't really do much in DoC.

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-17-2006, 03:40 AM
you all suck. it hasn't even came out in tennessee yet. it comes out tommorow, the 17. i cause atleast breath a small sigh of relief to know that it isn't as bad as everyone has been saying:choc2:

Raven Nox
08-17-2006, 03:53 AM
Yeah, I got it today and have been playing it off and on already. I'm at chapter 5, and I've really enjoyed the game so far. I've never really enjoyed a shooter before, but I find DoC really fun to play. I don't really find it slow at all, I don't get why people say it is. The story is pretty interesting as well.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-17-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm only on chapter one, but I don't think it's slow, yet. Maybe the longer story scenes come later? Oh, yeah, the opening movie was a little lengthy, but it was so good I didn't notice and forgot it was lengthy! Well, lengthy compared to the next scenes, like the one with Cait Sith.

Necronopticous
08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
I just completed the game on Normal mode. My cumulative result was an A rating. Wonderful game.

ValkyrieWing
08-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I just completed the game on Normal mode. My cumulative result was an A rating. Wonderful game.

HOLY CRAP YOU BEAT IT ALREADY?!?!?!

@_@

Raven Nox
08-17-2006, 08:14 AM
=O That's amazing! Well, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the whole game. I'll need to hurry up and finish it myself. ^^;

ValkyrieWing
08-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I really want to play now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aralith
08-17-2006, 09:08 AM
All of you make me cry! Wal-Mart never has games when it's supposed to! *sob, sob* Well, at least now I know that it's an okay game. Perhaps it won't be held to the high standards of, say, Resident Evil 4 *holy choir chord*, but it sounds like it will be fun. I'm anxioius to know what this weapon custimization system is. Should be interesting, if Wal-Mart ever freakin' gets it!

Cruise Control
08-17-2006, 02:01 PM
I walked 8 miles to the mall to get this game, and then 8 miles back. It was well worth it.
I've been playing non-stop since 2 o'clock yesterday, and I just completed hard mode. This game is freaking awesome. My pistol does more damage than my sniper rifle (I defeated fifteen copters in only 30 shots), but I have to lower my weapon then not firing cause I move two milles an hour. I made it WAAYYY to heavy.

The game is not slow at all, and if it is, lower your weapon, it's probably heavy. The controls are easy to master. I think the item thing was brilliant (left cue item, right use it). Another innovation was you could get exp, OR gil, not both. I found myself taking gil always until I had maxed out my pistol. However I found it a little to easy. I'd go to a shop, buy and use phoenix down and buy another, it was like having three lives.

BizarroSephiroth
08-17-2006, 02:18 PM
You are all so lucky. It comes out today in New York, but i still have to wait until the price goes down. Grrrrr...

Cloud_Omnislash124
08-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Man this threads making me want this game even more now.

Crossblades
08-17-2006, 04:47 PM
I want to play this game, but I'm already occupied with X-2 and XI and I'm gonna be even busier when FF III DS gets released in a few weeks. I'm gonna wait till this game becomes part of the greatest hits selection or something

Cloudstrife4003
08-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Cool game...It's fast-paced action with guns...big guns...and...bosses...I loved it...pretty good...

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I can now say with confidence that this game is only getting burned so bad by everyone because people like to hold Square to insane standards and expect every game to be as detailed and expansive as a new installment to the Final Fantasy main series.

No. The game is getting burned by people like me because I play loads of action games and shooters and this one doesn't look or sound like it matches up to them in anyway possible.

King-Killer
08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Dude, you can drop it now.

No one is buying your act.

It's up to each individual to see if the game is good for them.
Not someone else. (Sorry)

Me?....(runs off to the super store and get the game.)

Cruise Control
08-17-2006, 06:41 PM
No. The game is getting burned by people like me because I play loads of action games and shooters and this one doesn't look or sound like it matches up to them in anyway possible.So do I. But my Squenix bias aside, it's a top-notch shooter. It's one of the best shooters so far this year.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Dude, you can drop it now.

No one is buying your act.

It's up to each individual to see if the game is good for them.
Not someone else. (Sorry)

Me?....(runs off to the super store and get the game.)

That is the biggest bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif arguement on the face of the planet when it comes to people saying that. It attempts to discredit a person's opinion because someone doesn't like to hear their own opinion slammed. If this game was FREE then it holds some claims but if you are going to put money down on it then listening to a wide range of opinions to base this off of is fine. If what you say is the case then no one should ever read reviews again. Fact of the matter is that the reviews are opinions of others to help us determine if something is worth spending our hard earned moneies on.

As for this game. I will admit that I have not played it but it isn't getting good reviews. A lot of the things I would not like about this game are stated in them.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924449.asp

I am not going to waste $40 or $50 on it when it sounds like crap from everyone but RPG fans.

As for best shooter of the year so far? Half-Life 2: Episode 1 stomps a mud hole in this game like it is nothing. 3rd person shooter? Did GRAW come out this year or last year? I can't remember.

Necronopticous
08-17-2006, 07:25 PM
If you expect Square to put out a shooter as expansive and mind-blowing as Half Life 2 or Half Life 2: Episode 1 you're obviously going to be disappointed. That's like expecting Valve to put out an RPG on par with Final Fantasy XII.

Anyway, I am not just an "RPG fan," and you shouldn't see my opinion as one. I play a lot of video games from every genre. You don't know me.

This game is a piece in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, and without any knowledge of the original game it would be just like watching Advent Children.You're crazy to base your opinion on the reviews of a bunch of people who have never played the game. I find it pretty obvious that no one outside of the Final Fantasy VII fan base will have any attraction to this game.

Hyperion4444
08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm going to buy it, sometime this week, maybe this week-end...

It's the first shooting game of Square-Enix, and it looks great.
This may be a debute for the Square-Enix for new kinds of games.
This game will be great.
I don't expect it to be the same thing as Black. (This game kicks @$$)
So I really don't expect anything similar, but it's still looks good.
Gives you more stories, and maybe the last game in the FFVII branch.

So I'm given credits that it's going to be good. (For any FFVII die-hard fans, I think they would love it.)
The next game I'm expecting is FFXIII. That is all.

Ashley Schovitz
08-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Is it bad for me to rent the game first before i buy it? I mean its $50!
Sounds great though told you that Square Enix never makes a bad game.

ValkyrieWing
08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I have to say, I think that people are giving it bad reviews because it's NOT RE4 or Halo or something. For Square, who almost exclusively makes RPG's, it's a different direction, and they'll get the hang of it, I'm sure.

Maux
08-18-2006, 12:16 AM
First off ed you really need to learn to chill. First off reviews are usually a bunch of bull, and you can't trust them, some great games are rated badly and don't see much play but are often some of the best you will ever play. I do admit it is based somewhat on what you like, but don't let that be a main factor. Second I do NOT want to hear you criticizing this game again until after you've Played it. Don't spend 40-50 bucks just rent it and see. Once you've done that then you can go off criticizing or praising the game as much as you like. Until you've played it I don't want to hear from you again so just shut up and quit being bias, racist, or whatever you are, once you've tried it and not-liked it then I have no problem with any thing you say, until then don't say anything about this game. I'm not trying to be mean but I just it when people like yourself continue to spout BS when you have no experience in said matter.

As for the game, it is not bad. For square's first shooter I believe the game is very good(this from a person with experience in shooters and taking in account that it is a first). I would probably rate it a seven or eight, it is the first so it can not be expected to be great, a few things about it weren't so good but overall it was better than I had expected, quite fun to play despite not lasting as long as many would like. You can buy or rent the game, or not get it at all, but anyone who decides to criticize the game without playing it should not even be here, once you've played it come back. I recommend renting it and seeing if you like it, although I did buy it first(giving the benefit of the doubt), do whatever you like. You may be glad or you may be mad you did, but you will never know until then.

Dreddz
08-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Maybe this game is worth my money 0_0

Conflagration
08-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't care if the game isn't the greatest shooting experience ever, I'm not looking for a great shooting experience in this game, I'm looking for a great story and awesome FMVs. As long as it has Vincent in it, it's a good game.

Cruise Control
08-18-2006, 06:22 PM
As for best shooter of the year so far? Half-Life 2: Episode 1 stomps a mud hole in this game like it is nothing. 3rd person shooter? Did GRAW come out this year or last year? I can't remember.
Thats funny, I seem to remember you haven't played it. And I said one of the best. It concedes to Half-Life 2 and the like, but its better than all the other crap. And a nice story to boot.

edczxcvbnm
08-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Everyone here fails to note that no matter what...My opinion is not an opinion. It is a fact. And fact of the matter is that this game is crappy.

Its a fact. I don't know why you guys are trying to fight facts...maybe this should just be a law. A law of the universe.

Squares law states that Dirge of Cerberus is a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty game.

FACT!

Tiamat
08-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I was a little tentative after reading the low ratings, but I bought the game and can honestly say this game seems decent. I've played several hours so far(I can't recall the chapter specifically) and while it's not an amazing shooter, it does a nice job of being entertaining and has the added bonus of high production value and instant familiarity with an intriguing story and characters. There have been a few noticeable flaws(load times, pacing, close quarters camera), but also some serious positives(customization, depth of story content, consistent atmosphere, sniping mechanic) and overall I'm enjoying the experience.

Much like many others have said, if you expect to buy this game and get Unreal Tournament meets Final Fantasy, you'll be disappointed. If you go in with an open mind, hoping for a decent shooter with more depth of story and character than usual, you'll be rewarded with an entertaining experience. At least, that is my impression from the first several hours(which is supposedly the 'worse' part of the game). My impression may change depending on what direction this game goes in. Either way, I'm interested enough to pack up my Ps2 and take it with me where I'm going this weekend.

Ultimately, I wish'd they'd taken a Final Fantasy meets 'Stealth shooter' route, as opposed to 'Action shooter', but this is fine.

About reviews...I found it interesting that IGN's review was a 7.0, but the reviewer seemed to have more positives than negatives to say about it. Conversely, I remember back when IGN gave Civilization4 a 9.4, yet they had a roughly even amount of negatives and positives. I ended up dropping Civ4 after 15 hours(and I was a huge Civ fan prior to that point). Sometimes I wonder exactly how reviewers generate specific numbers.

Distain
08-18-2006, 10:52 PM
This game is one of those one's where it will become what ever you think of it at first. If you listen to the previews and ratings and such, and buy it thinking "this is ganna be crap", then as you play through it your mind is gonna be more sensitive to the flaws you encounter (and don't kid our self people, this game dose have some flaws) and will be nit-picking the game apart as you play it. If you buy it becuse you think "hey, ya, this looks cool plus it's FF related and it's all about Vimcent", then your gonna just be having a good time with it, you may notice falws as well but you will probably end up disregarding them as you play through the game and have fun.

Like I said befor, this games what you make of it. I had fun with it, but everybody has there own opinions, so I dunno, it's up to you.

Croyles
08-19-2006, 02:39 AM
Theres no way i could play this game on Normal mode, it would bore me to death :p.

Im happy with the game. The FMVs have great movement, the voice acting is good, and I love the customisation menu. However, if you didnt know what games Square-Enix make before you played this game, youd tell that they dont make shooters. Even in the refined american/english version the shooting and a lot of other things feel awkward, and I play a lot FPS and the like.

Still, im enjoying the game. Im glad it has a Hard mode!

Guys, its obvious that edczxcvbnm is the law. Now lets all inject ourselves with Prozium and continue as before.

Guardians
08-19-2006, 02:43 PM
hmm.... u guys use ps2 jiystick to play or use keyboard/mouse to play?

i just play about 30 min (still in klam), i got play japanese version b4... both also not large different. I find out that very hard to aim sometimes especialy in ladder.... how u guys think? btw, the FMV is nice... ^ ^

Maux
08-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Once again I find myself having to repeat that until you have played the game do not comment on whether it is good or bad. I'm talking to you edczxcvbmn or whatever the heck you call yourself, if you play the game I do not care how much you flame it, even if it is a really bad game, if you have not played the game then don't comment. I said it earlier, but I really hate it when people do that. It is wrong and I would wish you quit your /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifE while your ahead. The NA version is much better than the JP version and yes it is has many flaws, but it is a 'FACT' that the game deserves recognition of being a decent game. It is not great but it is not horrible like many games out there. The story is also pretty good with only the gameplay and movements bringing it down. If you don't ever want to play it, DON'T comment on it! If you do play it(and you are telling the truth) then you can bring it down all you want, until then please just stop! The game is also a decent challenge and is a bit difficult on extra-hard the extra levels aren't too bad either except for the time thing. Is it better to believe someone who has not yet played the game, or someone who has? It wasn't that bad a game, rent it if you don't want to buy.

Distain
08-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Everyone here fails to note that no matter what...My opinion is not an opinion. It is a fact. And fact of the matter is that this game is crappy.

Its a fact. I don't know why you guys are trying to fight facts...maybe this should just be a law. A law of the universe.

Squares law states that Dirge of Cerberus is a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty game.

FACT!

another FACT would be that everyone here has an opinion as well, just as you have yours. The problem is that your opinion (not a fact bud) is bashing everyone els's opinion who is on here, wich is why people are getting a little bit pissed off. If you have somthing negitve to say about the game, and you played it, and stated it once that would be fine, but continuly stating the same fact over and over just to bash a game who havent played is probably pushing it a bit. You also seem to be standing alon on this as well, since I see no other negative poasts on here aside from yours. But whatever. Do as you wish.

tidus_rox
08-20-2006, 03:36 AM
I got a copy yesterday! Its so good. Its fun, action packed and really cool to look at. I played it to the second stage and didnt want to stop. All of you buy it now! lol Thanks,
Cody

LunarWeaver
08-20-2006, 04:42 AM
Just to toss my few cents in the ring... I rented it early today and I'm about halfway through now I think. To be honest I wasn't even through the third stage or so and I got semi-bored. I even started completely zoning out and thinking about when the release date of Yakuza is. It's not that the game doesn't require my participation, it's just that my brain kind of goes on "Aim and smash R1" auto-pilot.

It seems to not matter where I am, what city or building, everything just feels the same. I don't feel like I'm running through any of the places I love in 3-d. It's all just sort of bland.

The game isn't broken, and it isn't a catastrophe, but it isn't really good either. Everytime I'm about to quit a cutscene happens and reminds me why I should keep playing. I'd give it a 5/10 or a 6/10 around there. But 5/10 doesn't mean "horrible, unplayable beast" it means average. And it is average. It has a better story than most shooters but worse gameplay and that levels down to a 5 for me.

Of course, I knew that all along and never expected anything more from this game. That plus my fanboy for both the series and VII in particular allows me to say the game is worth playing at least once :}

Cruise Control
08-20-2006, 04:12 PM
If you have the above problem, turn off auto-targeting and play on Hard mode.

SammieBabe
08-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I picked up my copy last night, and unfotunately wasn't able to play that much. I'm not someone who plays shooters at all really, mostly picked it up due to being part of the FF series. I need to play more to get used to the controls, but I'm optimistic...:)

Conflagration
08-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I picked it up yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I only wish the game would be a lot longer. I can see from walkthroughs that I'll probably finish it in the next 2 days.

Oh and it would be awesome if you could transform into all of Vincent's limit breaks from FFVII.

LunarWeaver
08-21-2006, 12:01 AM
If you have the above problem, turn off auto-targeting and play on Hard mode.

I tried this for a while, and it was gravy for a bit but the controls and camera just frustrate me, especially in tight places like the 3,000 hallways. I have more fun on semi-auto for some unknown reason.

I'm not trying to make anybody mad when I say I think it's average, that's just kinda what I think. I like shooters pretty well, but this one isn't floating my boat much. I love Final Fantasy, and I especially love VII, but this game just isn't clicking with me. But my opinion, of course, doesn't really matter. If y'all dig it, then all the power to you :choc2:

Ashley Schovitz
08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
When I first saw a review for it I thought they were just mad because Cloud wasn't in it but after playing it myself.
I hated it it was slow sluggish and the story was crap, square just didn't care couldn't they given a better name than the Deep ground soldiers just because they were underground. They should've talked to me first before making it, because I would've gotten it straight I'll just go with Tomb Raider Legend, it's way funner they just made the game for money.

Tiamat
08-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Following up on my earlier post, I just recently completed the game this past weekend. I'm happy to say that I enjoyed the game more as I went along, and I felt that they did a better job of pacing the game towards the latter stages. Either that or I just got used to it the pacing, and simply didn't notice.

Without getting into the gory details, my personal opinion is that this game falls somewhere between a low 7(like a 7.3) and an 8.0 on a scale of 10, depending on how you look at it. It's not groundbreaking by any means, and in terms of pure gameplay, it's entertaining enough, but very standard and conventional. However, I sincerely believe that DoC did enough things right to be considered a decent game.

The thing I was most happy about was that the story motivating the action was very legitimate to the FF7 universe. I was worried they'd just put in a placeholder plot only loosely associated with the original FF7, simply to cash in on FF7's popularity. Instead, I felt like it was a very legitimate addition to the FF7 universe, and gave a satisfying conclusion to Vincent's segment of the story. Honestly, I felt that the story for this game was more legitimate than the story that FF7:AC centered around.

In conclusion, I'd say if you appreciate the story of FF7, and can appreciate or tolerate shooters, you owe it to yourself to buy or rent(I completed the main story in 12 hours) this game. If you dislike FF7, or have an exceptionally high standard when it comes to shooters and action games, you'll find enough wrong with this game that you may want to pass on it.

Doomie
08-22-2006, 01:05 AM
I was like "Meh." until that part when they shoot Reeve and Cait Sith pops out. Then I got all into it, and played for about three hours straight. Bought it today, by the way.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-22-2006, 01:09 AM
For second I was like, "NOOOO how dare you spoil it" but then I realised when you said Caith Sith pops out I was like, "Oh, good, already saw that part." For those who haven't played, don't worry, that's like in the first chapter, so it's not much of a spoiler.

Cruise Control
08-22-2006, 01:24 AM
You just killed my motivation to play this game.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Who me? Hmm, there must be a way to get your motivation back. omg this game is so action packed and the story is so brilliant. mr nb you must buy this game.

Cruise Control
08-22-2006, 02:43 AM
xD Sarcasm, I've already beaten extra hard and am plugging away at side missions. I was saying nobody cares, its 10 minutes into the game, and is a rather minor spoiler.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't see why people can compare this to other shooters......a shooter is a shooter. *shot* bang, your dead. And ontop of that, this game has a great story. So why is it being bashed on for not being as good as other shooters. Do they all have better stories than this? I mean, it couldn't be the fighting system, because in the end, all your doing in any shooter is killing people with guns, and rifles , and what not.

Sephex
08-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Fun Fact: ed was totally ****ing with you guys by saying what he said was a fact.

Roto13
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't see why people can compare this to other shooters......a shooter is a shooter. *shot* bang, your dead. And ontop of that, this game has a great story. So why is it being bashed on for not being as good as other shooters. Do they all have better stories than this? I mean, it couldn't be the fighting system, because in the end, all your doing in any shooter is killing people with guns, and rifles , and what not.

Not all shooters are created equal. The point of a shooter is the action, not the story, and from what I've heard the action in DoC is pretty mindless. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know, but I probably won't bother to pick it up if the only thing it has going for it is the story. I don't play action games for stories.

edczxcvbnm
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Fun Fact: ed was totally ****ing with you guys by saying what he said was a fact.

This is why I didn't respond. Because they were not worthy of even that after taking my last post seriously :love: :choc2: :cool: :confused: :eek: :cry: :tongue: :love:

Ironside
08-23-2006, 05:37 AM
I rented the game a few days ago beat it in one day on hard mode It was Fun and you know is that not all that really matters.

I have nothing else to say really.

Rydrobot
08-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I beat the game a few days ago, and I really liked it. Not the best shooter out there but it definatly adds something to FFVII.

Another thing, did anyone else feel like the bosses were really easy?

Ironside
08-23-2006, 09:37 PM
yeah thats true the bosses where a piece of frosted pound cake.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
08-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I was actually a little disappointed with the bosses. I had a harder time with Rosso and Azul than I did with the rest of the Tsviets. The last boss was particularly easy, at least for me.

I wasn't expecting this game to be the best shooter and it is fun. I was kind of hoping there would be a bit more RPG-ness to it though, considering its FF background. There wasn't really much to explore and you didn't get to visit many places, or really find out much about how the rest of the FF7 world was doing (it took me a bit in the beginning to realize the festival was in celebration of Meteorfall [I thought the holy-stopping-meteor-balloon was an octopus at first]) and the only time you ever got to really talk to anyone who wasn't a citizen or WRO member asking for assistance was the one time you were on the Shera. And a lot of the cutscene camera angles seemed irrelevant (I could probably draw Vincent's shoes perfectly now down to the shines on them).

I do like the customization. I thought it'd be really complicated at first, but it was fairly simple (I'm no good with lots of mechanical costumization). And I thought the voice acting was pretty good. I thought there were supposed to be more Cait Sith levels though. There's only one (maybe the rest are in the missions? I haven't gotten all the missions yet). All in all I really liked this game, though I wouldn't say it was superb. It was really fun though.

Oh and first thought upon finally seeing Weiss: It's Riku from KH impersonating Goku from DBZ!! (Riku hair+Goku body and pants=Weiss???)

Reeno the Alchemist
08-24-2006, 12:41 AM
this game is HARD!!!!;.; i died 3 f'in times in the first few minutes (rocks back and forth in a corner crying);.; i was not ment to play thios game i prolly just wasted my dads money ;.; i must beat it for my dads sake >.< he thinks i can beat any game but littles does he know i suck at fps ;.; *sob*

Cruise Control
08-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Arch Azul was HARD. I had sold all materia and had to melee him.

BizarroSephiroth
08-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Man after reading these comments, i am really EXCITED!!!

I just ordered mine off of Amazon a few days ago! Woooooooo

Conflagration
08-26-2006, 09:31 PM
I think that Rosso was by far the hardest boss. It took me at least half an hour to beat her.

Dinnova
08-27-2006, 06:38 PM
I think that Rosso was by far the hardest boss. It took me at least half an hour to beat her.
I completely agree, she made me so mad! Which mad the victory even sweeter.:p

I enjoyed the game; I just don’t like how they excluded the other characters from the game the way they did (especially Nanaki, like common, just because he’s hard to animate doesn’t mean you should exclude him from 99.9% of the game. He was a main character too). If they had levels where some of the other main characters actually fight along side you, it would have made the game so much better in my opinion. I just think they should have put a little more time in making the game feel like the original game itself. But none the less, I still enjoyed the game.

Distain
08-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I completely agree, she made me so mad! Which mad the victory even sweeter.:p

I enjoyed the game; I just don’t like how they excluded the other characters from the game the way they did (especially Nanaki, like common, just because he’s hard to animate doesn’t mean you should exclude him from 99.9% of the game. He was a main character too). If they had levels where some of the other main characters actually fight along side you, it would have made the game so much better in my opinion. I just think they should have put a little more time in making the game feel like the original game itself. But none the less, I still enjoyed the game.

Fighting with the rest of them in some levels would have been totaly kick ass. Oh well, if theres a #2 then they should put somthin like that in.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
08-28-2006, 01:49 AM
That's a good point. You get to fight with them in KH2, why can't you fight with them in DoC? T_T So sad. And I was very disappointed in the time they gave Nanaki too (I always thought he was awesome).

I wish they would have given more background to the Tsviets. Shelke we get at least something on since she's Shalua's sister (and Vincent's possible love interest?? [I don't know, but Yuffentine fans will certainly hate her]). We don't even get much on Nero and Weiss (how did Weiss die, how did Nero hook up with Hojo and get the rest of Deepground to follow him, ect). I know it's supposed to be all about Vincent, but it actually seemed more about Lucrecia than even Vincent to me. Or to the point, what happened in ShinRa Manor, so I guess you would say it was all about Vincent's "sin". I don't think the game even got across so well why this was such a sin for Vincent. It would have been nice to see a little more depth. If there's a sequel I hope they work on that.

Now I have to wonder after the game and the talk of mako radiaton (the reason the city was abandoned) or what not in Midgar though if everyone who was fighting Deepground is going to get cancer or something (probably not, but I don't think it all was good for their health).

Please mark spoilers. ~ Leeza

G3ORGE
08-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Your all so lucky I dont even know when its out in england :( looks awesome still!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Wikipedia says you'll get it some time this year, unless they delay it, so hopefully you'll get it for Christmas.

We're not that lucky. Remember, the Japanese got to play it 7 months ago. Well, ok, maybe we are b/c we got a better version. But so are you Europeans b/c you'll get one too, hopefully.

If you don't have DC yet and you want it but it's not out yet or something, I reccommend playing FFVII. That should keep you occupied and enhance the story in DC if you start playing it right after you beat FFVII again.

Tiamat
08-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Another thing, did anyone else feel like the bosses were really easy?

I found them to be a pretty mixed bag on normal mode. Certain bosses were very easy to take out with level3 materia(read: thunder materia + mechs), so long as one had enough mana. Others seemed to go down really easy once you went into Limit mode(I think Arch Azul was one of them).

My best guess is that every boss had some sort of caveat that you could exploit, and I just managed to find it on some, and didn't manage to on others.

BizarroSephiroth
09-01-2006, 12:54 PM
First day, on Chapter 9!

I cant beat Neo Azul. smurf he's hard

Orophin
09-01-2006, 03:04 PM
First day, on Chapter 9!

I cant beat Neo Azul. smurf he's hard

He's easy as hell, you can kill him in 8-10 hits in hard mode. He's weak to your limits attacks, just transform and kick his butt.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
09-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Well this is what I found out seeing as I barely used the limit breakers. If you get him to destroy the metal studs around the area sticking out of the floor, mp spots are hidden underneath and you can jump over them and gain the MP. He's not hurt by bullets and he kept knocking me down when I tried to melee him, but magic takes him out nicely.