PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive Will Not Operate

Nominus Experse
08-17-2006, 01:38 AM
I have a DVD/CD Rewritable drive (SONY DRU-810A), but now, suddenly, it will not read any type of disc.

I tried updating the driver (from 1.0a to 1.0d), however that does not solve the issue at hand. Once I updated the driver, the Windows Notification balloon popped up saying that it had "Found new hardware", but it seemed to do nothing.

I have looked at the connections, and they all seem to be in perfect order.

So, perhaps someone can help me with this rather debilitating predicament?

crono_logical
08-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Have you installed any CD/DVD burning software lately? Some install filters which screw up accessing the drive completely :p

Samuraid
08-18-2006, 12:43 AM
There is also the possibility that the drive may have died. I'm saying this is the case, but instead just suggesting it as a possible explanation.

Nominus Experse
08-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Have you installed any CD/DVD burning software lately? Some install filters which screw up accessing the drive completely :p
No, I haven't installed any new software of that nature recently. In fact, I have only installed the Nero Suite it came with, nothing else.

There is also the possibility that the drive may have died. I'm saying this is the case, but instead just suggesting it as a possible explanation.
Damn, let that not be true... Although, from what I have tried and what I have been told, it seems to somewhat point to this thought.

I can't believe that something less than a year old would die on me though... But, much to my dismay, it wouldn't be impossible, I guess.