PDA

View Full Version : only problem with beating a game

bboyshadow-X9
08-17-2006, 03:01 AM
the only problem i have is the fact that once the game is beaten its beaten.
sure you may feel like 'oh wow ive beaten it. go me' but dont ya feel somewat sad at the fact that you have nothing more to play and the game is done.

rubah
08-17-2006, 05:45 AM
I find that happens with most games. Particularly the kind that end.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2006, 05:49 AM
That's what the Soul of Rebirth is for.

chronic_Maniac
08-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Really is soul of rebirth like a game that starts you back at the beginning of the game? With all your cool treasures? Sorry but I'm a noob when it comes to a game with so many versions.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Soul of Rebirth is an additional quest that places you in control of Scott, Josef, Ming Wu, and Richard, the four heroes who died during the main game. It's very short, composed of one town and two dungeons, which are just palette-swapped versions of Jade and Pandemonium, as well as a palette-swapped Tower of Mysidia where you can fight Ultima Weapon to acquire Ultima. But it does provide the story with some additional closure, I guess.

Paul
08-17-2006, 09:34 AM
yeah not to mention its HARD!!!

chronic_Maniac
08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Cool now I want it LOL

Sefie1999AD
08-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Soul of Rebirth is an additional quest that places you in control of Scott, Josef, Ming Wu, and Richard, the four heroes who died during the main game. It's very short, composed of one town and two dungeons, which are just palette-swapped versions of Jade and Pandemonium, as well as a palette-swapped Tower of Mysidia where you can fight Ultima Weapon to acquire Ultima. But it does provide the story with some additional closure, I guess.

yeah not to mention its HARD!!!

Yes, it's hard. It took me about 5-6 hours to beat it because of the difficulty, and during the early parts of the alternate Jade and some of the later floors of Pandemonium, I was saving after every battle. In Jade, I got a game over every second battle or so until I got Richard on my party.

I get a slightly sad feeling about beating a game sometimes, though it's relatively rare. I think I got that feeling when I beat FFVII for the second time, or when I played my dream game of FFI with my favorite team. I think I also felt like that when finishing Chrono Trigger and Kingdom Hearts.

Paul
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
i haven't cracked soul of rebirth yet, granted i don't play it that often, but i'm still at the early stages of pandemonium trying to level enough to survive further.

bboyshadow-X9
08-18-2006, 09:37 AM
i know the soul of rebirth is there but still once thats also gone ya have to start a new game and stuff if ya wanna do it again. i suppose theres a good feeling to beating it i dunno. i think i might go out and buy ff IV the new one on gba i know the game aint new but meh.

ill tell ya wat i hate not havin enough money

Paul
08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
last year i decided i was gonna complete ever FF game in chronological order (even tho i have beaten most of them anyway).

so i bought dawn of souls, beat FF1, then FF2 (done dawn of chaos, but not soul of rebirth yet). then i beat FF3j ROM (still gonna get DS version eventually... if i get hold of a DS somehow). then i beat FF4 Advance (but not done lunar ruins yet). gonna get FF5 and 6 advance when they come out and KEEP GOIN FROM THERE.

i'm not even going to play FF12 until i have done 5 to 10. should give it enough time to be released in europe :D

boys from the dwarf
08-23-2006, 10:32 AM
i get that with FF8. it has such such an amzing ending and im always thinking

"nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! dont end!" and just to pour salt in the wound it says "the end" in big fancy letters. but the ending isnt all that makes the game good. you can replay and do all of the good bits again.

ReloadPsi
08-26-2006, 02:35 PM
There isn't much replay value to this game as it's possible to have all the spells between your party members and try out nearly every weapon and ability. That's kind of a shame really.

DJZen
08-26-2006, 04:43 PM
The replay value is in trying new team combinations.

Peter_20
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
"Pour salt in the wound"?
Haha, I thought that was a Swedish phrase, it sounded cool in English. :p

Anyway, I sometimes feel a bit... sad, or whatever, but I usually save all the hard-core stuff till the very end, so after I've finished FF7 I still have The Weapons to kill and the Master Materia/Stat Whoring raid to accomplish. :D