PDA

View Full Version : Diablos the Summon ... Info please >.<

Fuego
08-17-2006, 04:40 AM
If anyone knows about the Diablos Prime battle ... please drop some knowlegde on me ... i wanna do it sooooo bad but i am only a lvl 52 ...
Can i live Vicariously through you please >.<
Also what are some of the blood pacts he does :D

Lionx
08-17-2006, 06:53 AM
You need to advance through Chains of Promathia missions(which are no cakewalk) until you have to fight Diabolos as part of the Mission story battles. Afterwards you can bring a group of people back in to fight the Prime.

Half the challenge though is just going through those COP missions, the other half is fighting Diabolos since his battlefield...if you arent prepared you will have to face a long way down...

Roogle
08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Diabolos' battlefield is interactive and it can cause you to die if you are not able and willing to move in the midst of the battle.

If you're wondering what happens exactly, Diabolos causes the floor to fall from under you and you will drop into a pit below. The pit contains extremely difficult monsters to kill and if one party member falls down there alone, they'll be defeated by the monsters; a missing party member or members can contribute to the downfall of the entire party because every party member must contribute to the fight.

Miriel
08-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Diabolos' battlefield is interactive and it can cause you to die if you are not able and willing to move in the midst of the battle.

If you're wondering what happens exactly, Diabolos causes the floor to fall from under you and you will drop into a pit below. The pit contains extremely difficult monsters to kill and if one party member falls down there alone, they'll be defeated by the monsters; a missing party member or members can contribute to the downfall of the entire party because every party member must contribute to the fight.

Sounds like my idea of a good time. ;)

Khaotic
08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I doubt you'll ever get Diabolos at your current level, reason, its just too hard, even with a full party of 70+ ever since the magic resistance implement. You'd have to pay a pretty big amount of you wanted it and wanted to leech it, and thats if its even possible anymore.

Edit: diabolos also draws you in now,you used to be able to stand on the ledge and nuke him and just have the tank drop down to provoke him, but now he'll draw in all your blm's.

Yeargdribble
08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Are you sure it's 100% removed Khaotic? I really wouldn't know because I did it so long ago. I knew there was a trick where you could have one member drop the PT and run down to aggro Diabolos (preferably the tank) and then after he did his draw in you could form a PT with the BLMs on top and they could zerg him without being drawn in and wouldn't get touched. It's a little cheap if you ask me but anyway...

Basically, I'll have to agree that Diabolos is one you'll probably have to wait for. This isn't really a fight you can leech. You need 6 good players to win and even with good players I wouldn't give you a 100% success rate. Diabolos is pretty nasty and even with a chain-stunner he can slip out nightmare and own your PT.

As for Diabolos BPs, I don't really think there is anything impressive he does until endgame (level 70 BPs) anyway. He's nice there because he can attack from a distance on kited mobs. Noctoshield is a nice buffing BP, but probably more useful endgame than in XP.

Roogle
08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I know that right when the Diabolos fight was released, you were able to just snipe him with magic and arrows from the top and you could fight him without anyone having to drop down. The development team changed the fight a few days after that.

Fuego
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Makes me wish i started playing years ago :cry:
I am slowly but surely working through COP Missions ... and yea they are tough :nibbles:
** Last Question *** (i promise) :D
What would a good party consist of ?
Blm and whm of course ... but from there i am stumped :tumble:

Lionx
08-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Traditional PTs are:

Tank, two DD, one healer, one support, one artilery nuker.

or

Tank, 3 DD, one healer, one support.

Merit PTs:

5DD, one RDM

4DD, one healer, one BRD

theres probably more though.

Fuego
08-19-2006, 04:06 AM
LOL ! Thank you Lionx !

Lionx
08-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Forgot but Mana burns usually are

4-5BLM, and a RDM or BRD.

Fuego
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Didn't SE make a change so the mobs gain a resistance to spells or something ?

Lionx
08-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Doesnt mean it cant work. If you are say fighting crabs, its weak to Ltng, so you can probably use two ltng spells, and use a few Aero or something afterward. Just because its weak to ltng and all doesnt mean its not neutral to say Aero.

Fuego
08-20-2006, 12:29 AM
O :nibbles:
cool thx :chef:
I wanna try a mana burn sometime it sounds like fun :D

Yeargdribble
08-20-2006, 01:45 AM
The change only pertained to ITG mobs (basically NMs only). Even to these it has very little effect.

As someone obsessed with efficiency in XP, I would say the following are the best PTs.

If you must manaburn then 4xBLM, RDM/WHM, BRD/RDM is the best setup. You will be able to pull around 12k-15k/hr in a really good PT of this setup. The RDM should sub WHM for Curaga and the BRD should sub RDM for Fast Cast. The BLMs can sub either RDM or WHM ideally and if possible even NIN.

If you are going melee there are two great set ups and one is basically impossible to find.

4xWAR/NIN, BRD/NIN, RDM/WHM
BRD will keep shadows up to avoid being an MP sponge and will pull like a madman. Minuet+March on the WARs and a single Ballad on the RDM (not enough time for 2xBallad). You will consistently be pulling infinite chains (I usually stop around 100+ for a bathroom break) and making 15-20k/hr.

3xWAR/NIN, BRD/NIN, BRD/WHM, and either WHM or RDM/WHM
This works great but it's difficult to get 2 BRDs, muchless one of them with /NIN. BRD/NIN pulls and only sings March and Minuet on the WARs. the BRD/WHM gives double Ballad to himself and the main healer and extra buffs to the WARs. This set up will find it even easier to maintain consistenly infinite chains. 15-20k/hr

Fuego
08-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Wow ! Thank you Yeargdribble ! I was kinda' worried there for a sec that if i did a mana burn pt that we would end up ineffectual if we didn't kill mob toot-sweet >.<

And the party set ups look really good... */bow* thank you again.