PDA

View Full Version : 3 GF

runawaydoomtrain
08-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Have any of you ever beat the game with just getting the first 3 GF's of the game? I think I'm going to restart the game and do it all over again, this time with just the first 3 required GF.

DfKimera
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I did.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-17-2006, 06:40 PM
:eep: Yeah, you go right ahead, cornflakes.

DfKimera
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
No really, I went to the end of the game with the 3 main GFs + that one I win from Fujin when battling her on Balamb Hotel. Of course, I didn't went berserk looking for hard opponents and all, I just went straight into the story. Skipped most bosses in Ultimecia's Castle, including that Omega Weapon, and it worked. Not easy though, but worked.

The Knights of the Round
08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
lol i did that cause ff VIII was the first FF i got back long long ago when i didnt know RPG's really well. soo i didnt know what i was doing but i did end up beating the game with the three beggining GF's all three at lvl 99

i do want to go back and do it the right way though. like all the side quests and stuff. eventually i will

DfKimera
08-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah, its the third time im replaying, this time im sticking with all the sidequests and GFs and raising my levels to 100.

boys from the dwarf
08-23-2006, 06:57 PM
ive never done it but after thinking about it, it wouldnt be the hardest of challenges and would be fun. i could definetly do it if aqquiring other GFs wasnt against the rules of the challenge (because GF cards are useful and can get items to teach useful abilties to GFs.) i might do that on my next playthrough. im playing through it again right now but im nearly at disk three again so i wont do this in quite a while. its definetly a challenge ill consider doing because unlike other challenges (solo monk FF1 for example.) its more challenging and less boring.

is it against the rules to aqquire a GF but not equip it? if so ill give it a try but i might just aqquire them anyway.

Darkwing Bahamut
08-24-2006, 08:38 AM
It woudn't be that much of a challenge. But it would be boring, going through the whole game with only 3 GFs, and weak ones at that.

boys from the dwarf
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM
it would only be fun if you were allowed to aqquire GF's but not equip them because some items teach GF's abilities which will be very useful.

chronic_Maniac
08-24-2006, 11:30 AM
What are the three GFs? Shiva Ifrit and thunder bird god!!!

Nominus Experse
08-25-2006, 08:13 PM
What are the three GFs? Shiva Ifrit and thunder bird god!!!
Shiva
Ifrit
Quazacotl

Rocket Edge
08-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Sounds interesting..