PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Beatdown

ValkyrieWing
08-17-2006, 08:48 AM
I can't beat Ozma! No matter what I do, I can't do it! Any help would be appreciated...:eep:

Xurts
08-17-2006, 09:36 AM
zomg I actually found my old post on this:

Okay.

If you want, you can do the friendly creatures side-quest where you give gems to specific monsters. Once you have that done, Ozma will no longer absorb Shadow and will be within range of physical attacks. I beat Ozma without doing this, so it isn't absolutely neccessary. If you like using Vivi and/or Amarant, then it would be a big help if you did this.

Before you fight him, it would be a good idea to equip everyone with Shadow absorbing items, such as Ninja Gear. When Ozma uses Doomsday, it will heal your party instead of hurting them. If you've done the friendly creatures side-quest, then Ozma will be hurt by his own attack! This is even better if you have Vivi/Amarant and have the Return Magic ability activated. He will cast Doomsday a second time, and your whole party should be healed close to maximum HP. I did not have Vivi or Amarant in my party when I fought him, but I did have Shadow absorbing items equipped.

Other than Doomsday, Ozma's other attack that you should protect yourself against is Curse. This does about 2,000-3,000 damage and inflicts your entire party with nearly every status ailment in the game. This can easily wipe out your party. So be prepared. Activate abilities such as Locomotive, Clear Headed, Loudmouth, Antibody, etc. If you use Quina, then she can easily clear up Curse by using Angel's Snack. That is what I did. I activited most of Quina's status protective abilities, and gave my other party members very few. Once Ozma did Curse, I simply had Quina use Angel's Snack.

Activating Auto-Life isn't a bad idea. Since Ozma casts the Death spell, which causes instant death to one party member.

My party consisted of Zidane, Quina, Freya, and Steiner for this battle. Unless you have taken an outrageous amount of time stealing to max Thievery, then Zidane is useless for this battle. Have him one or two hits away from Trance. He should be at a high enough level where his strongest Dyne attack will do 9,999. Now on to Quina. I HIGHLY recammend using her. Her large variety of Blu Magic make her the most useful character in the game, I think. She can serve as both an attack and support character. If you use her, then definately learn all of her Blu Magic, and max her Frog Drop. This usually takes about 140 frogs caught to max. So start early on in the game.

The rest of your party doesn't matter, as long as they both have attacks that deal 9,999 damage.

Another thing before you start, make sure to have everyone with the Auto-Haste and Auto-Regen abilities. These make the battle much, much easier, as does Auto-Life, although I only had it activated on Quina.

Now for the battle. Have Quina cast Mighty Guard first thing. Then use your other three characters to pound away at Ozma with their attacks that do 9,999. When Ozma uses Curse, make sure to have Quina cast Angel's Snack. If your party starts to get dangerously low on HP, then have Quina cast White Wind. If you have Auto-Regen, then you probably won't have to heal anyone. If Quina has a spare turn, have her use Frog Drop which should do 9,999. Ozma only has 65,535 HP, so 7 hits of 9,999 will be enough.

Oh, and BTW, all of my Levels were in the mid 80s, except for Zidane, who was at 99. Remember, the higher your level, the more Magic Stones you have.

Good luck!!
:D

chronic_Maniac
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
zomg I actually found my old post on this:

Okay.

If you want, you can do the friendly creatures side-quest where you give gems to specific monsters. Once you have that done, Ozma will no longer absorb Shadow and will be within range of physical attacks. I beat Ozma without doing this, so it isn't absolutely neccessary. If you like using Vivi and/or Amarant, then it would be a big help if you did this.

Before you fight him, it would be a good idea to equip everyone with Shadow absorbing items, such as Ninja Gear. When Ozma uses Doomsday, it will heal your party instead of hurting them. If you've done the friendly creatures side-quest, then Ozma will be hurt by his own attack! This is even better if you have Vivi/Amarant and have the Return Magic ability activated. He will cast Doomsday a second time, and your whole party should be healed close to maximum HP. I did not have Vivi or Amarant in my party when I fought him, but I did have Shadow absorbing items equipped.

Other than Doomsday, Ozma's other attack that you should protect yourself against is Curse. This does about 2,000-3,000 damage and inflicts your entire party with nearly every status ailment in the game. This can easily wipe out your party. So be prepared. Activate abilities such as Locomotive, Clear Headed, Loudmouth, Antibody, etc. If you use Quina, then she can easily clear up Curse by using Angel's Snack. That is what I did. I activited most of Quina's status protective abilities, and gave my other party members very few. Once Ozma did Curse, I simply had Quina use Angel's Snack.

Activating Auto-Life isn't a bad idea. Since Ozma casts the Death spell, which causes instant death to one party member.

My party consisted of Zidane, Quina, Freya, and Steiner for this battle. Unless you have taken an outrageous amount of time stealing to max Thievery, then Zidane is useless for this battle. Have him one or two hits away from Trance. He should be at a high enough level where his strongest Dyne attack will do 9,999. Now on to Quina. I HIGHLY recammend using her. Her large variety of Blu Magic make her the most useful character in the game, I think. She can serve as both an attack and support character. If you use her, then definately learn all of her Blu Magic, and max her Frog Drop. This usually takes about 140 frogs caught to max. So start early on in the game.

The rest of your party doesn't matter, as long as they both have attacks that deal 9,999 damage.

Another thing before you start, make sure to have everyone with the Auto-Haste and Auto-Regen abilities. These make the battle much, much easier, as does Auto-Life, although I only had it activated on Quina.

Now for the battle. Have Quina cast Mighty Guard first thing. Then use your other three characters to pound away at Ozma with their attacks that do 9,999. When Ozma uses Curse, make sure to have Quina cast Angel's Snack. If your party starts to get dangerously low on HP, then have Quina cast White Wind. If you have Auto-Regen, then you probably won't have to heal anyone. If Quina has a spare turn, have her use Frog Drop which should do 9,999. Ozma only has 65,535 HP, so 7 hits of 9,999 will be enough.

Oh, and BTW, all of my Levels were in the mid 80s, except for Zidane, who was at 99. Remember, the higher your level, the more Magic Stones you have.

Good luck!!
:D

yeah what he said

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I did it different to that. I got a giant needle....(the rest is obvious)

ValkyrieWing
08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
XD Giant needle!

Thanks I'll have to try this....

Ashley Schovitz
08-17-2006, 09:06 PM
It'
se easy have Amarant do curse on it until it becomes weak to shadow so whenever it uses Doomsday, it'll hurt itself bad, oh and also put Auto-Regen and the works on all of your characters.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Go catch some frogs and use Frog Drop repetitively. Use Dragon's Crest aswell