PDA

View Full Version : Via Infinito Bosses

Helios
08-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Has anyone else found the Via Infinito bosses easier than the guides made out?
So far I've just got past floor 80, and, after worrying about the boss "Chac" I beat him in under a minute and no damage to my party. Same with the other bosses.(except for paragon and trema)

feona17
08-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Really? How did you beat them, and were you on New Game Plus?

Helios
08-17-2006, 02:34 PM
no, im going for 100% first time (using a guide of course)
Basically, first boss was abnormally easy, for black element I just used charon. For the next one I eqipped Yuna with Cat Nip and sos haste. and used trigger happy. That boss went down after 2 trigger happys, and for Chac, I put them all in Gunner dresspheres, had them all master Trigger happy lvl3 and a haste accessory,used them one after another, therefore prevent chac from attacking. he took with 3 rounds.
Thats it so far. But from all that I don't think that paragon and Trema will be too hard.

Aria28
08-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Honestly, I find some of the regular enemies in there harder than the bosses (especially those of the drake kind....). With the right tactic, and if your levels are very high, Trema isn't much of a problem, apart from the fact that it's long fight. Don't remember much about Paragon, though (it's been almost two years I haven't played that part of the game), but I think it's pretty much the same difficulty level as Trema. They are definitely a lot harder than the first bosses, though, so be on your guard :)

BizarroSephiroth
08-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Has anyone else found the Via Infinito bosses easier than the guides made out?
So far I've just got past floor 80, and, after worrying about the boss "Chac" I beat him in under a minute and no damage to my party. Same with the other bosses.(except for paragon and trema)

I can't beat Chac!!!!!!

Helios
08-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok, no need to worry, there is a simple way, you'll need
Cat Nip
Haste bangle x3 or (as I had) 2 Haste bangles and a speed bracer.(basically 3 accssories that have haste equipped to them)
Highroad winds GG(for the First Strike ability)
all 3 characters as gunners and Trigger Happy Lvl 3

Now,
equip one of the gunners with cat nip and get them on critical health(Yellow)
Go into the battle and use your first gunner to use trigger happy (with haste on it'll last longer)
DONT USE THE OTHER GUNNERS TRIGGER HAPPY YET!
as soon as the first gunners done quickly get the second gunner to use trigger happy, then do the same with the 3rd. By this time your first gunner should have her turn again.
keep doing this and Chac will be unable to attack.

feona17
08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah there always seems to be a simple strategy that no one knows until after they've spent a million years beating a boss.

01 Rin
08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
lol

Ok. now I need to pick New Yevon for the Awesome Sphere give-back.... Ya cannot get Cat Nip by giving Awesome Sphere to Youth League.

Bosses are way harder, I could not defeat Chac on my first try (w/o New Game+). And my sister got mad at me so she erased my game so I had to start all over again! grr...

What about those pesky Elder Drakes? I kept getting Game Overs every time I come across one. I can avoid them when then jump out and jump back again (I call 'em the Hokey Pokey Drakes ><). But I do not know how to avoid them when they are in this pillar pit Yuna must cross. Do I have to fight that drake or is it possible to avoid it?

Helios
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
first of all, I gave awsome sphere to Youth League and I got it you get it from beating Black Element on floor 40. secondly just have highroad winds equppied and cat nip with health in the yellow. then just use trigger happy.
Also, you could just exit via infinito and go back in to change the level.

feona17
08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
You can avoid Elder Drakes too, by just running across when they retreat into their hole thing. Also, you have to climb some pillars elsewhere in the cloister to activate a pillar that will go on top of the Elder Drake. ._.

01 Rin
08-17-2006, 03:37 PM
er, I cannot get past level 36 because of Elder Drake. I can avoid the first kind of trap but not the second because I do not know how.

EDIT: Your post was a minute before mine so I apologize for this post.

Helios
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I've only really had to avoid the ones that jump out, I don't know how to avoid the ones in the pit. I just end up having to fight them.

SeeDRankLou
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
er, I cannot get past level 36 because of Elder Drake. I can avoid the first kind of trap but not the second because I do not know how.
Elder Drakes are very easy to kill with the right strategy. Have all three girls in the Berserker dress sphere, all with Evade & Counter learned (yes, that does take a while to learn, but....). The Elder Drake will never be able to hit you, and when it tries you will counter attack. Put a Force of Nature on one of the girls, berserk them all, and it will go down in no time.

All but the first boss were very difficult if you didn't know what you were doing. Black Element and Concherer were easy enough to figure out, but the other three were rather difficult, even with the Cat Nip trick.

Aria28
08-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Elder Drakes are very easy to kill with the right strategy. Have all three girls in the Berserker dress sphere, all with Evade & Counter learned (yes, that does take a while to learn, but....). The Elder Drake will never be able to hit you, and when it tries you will counter attack. Put a Force of Nature on one of the girls, berserk them all, and it will go down in no time.

Hey, good tip, thanks! I hate encountering Elder Drakes (I think that's actually the only regular enemy that put me down during my New Game+, grrr....), but had never ever thought of using Beserker. Actually, I hardly ever use Beserker, maybe it's time I change my mind about that job ;)

01 Rin
08-18-2006, 04:23 PM
those are cool strategies but i want to avoid the Elder Drakes.
1. I can avoid the Drakes when they jump in and out of Yuna's way
2. I can avoid the Drakes when they are in a pit (just get the switch to the left)
3. I can avoid the Drakes when they jump in and out of Yuna's way BUT I CANNOT avoid them when you climb the wall and jump off, I somehow land on an Elder Drake!!! Yes, this is the same area where the drake jump in and out. There are two places where the Drakes jump in and out of the same cloister, when the second place is empty the drake is actually on the other side of the wall that Yuna can climb when you exit the cloister.

Devil Shroom
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
2. I can avoid the Drakes when they are in a pit (just get the switch to the left)
3. I can avoid the Drakes when they jump in and out of Yuna's way BUT I CANNOT avoid them when you climb the wall and jump off, I somehow land on an Elder Drake!!! Yes, this is the same area where the drake jump in and out. There are two places where the Drakes jump in and out of the same cloister, when the second place is empty the drake is actually on the other side of the wall that Yuna can climb when you exit the cloister.

I don't think I've ever seen that floor plan you're describing...strange since I'm down to level 60.

Anyway, instead of jumping off, DON'T press circle and just allow Yuna to drop off, that way you should avoid it.

kain_ex
08-18-2006, 05:17 PM

As you said, you're JUMPING. Don't jump, just WALK to the edge and fall. The abomination is now in your front. Now, hug the wall (any of them) and get past it.

I'm 100% sure it works, because I've avoided a bunch of them doing this.

Helios
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I've never found the floor you talk about, and I've completed Via Infinito *smug look* [Trema and Paragon were harder than I thought, was fun though]
I've been to the tonberry level, which is just a square and some steps on each side, with tonberrys and mega tonberrys just patrolling and waiting. That fries your nerves, especially if you have trouble with Elder Drakes. It is possible to avoid them, but I can't explain how....

01 Rin
08-19-2006, 03:10 AM
It is possible to avoid the [mega-tonberries], but I can't explain how....
hug the walls (walking is preferred for better control) for avoiding hallway mega-tonberry when he stops walking and is looking cluelessly for Yuna. once you pass mega-tonberry, run like the wind and drop down, turn left, climb up the platform and continue.

(i got past cloister 64! Yay! chac is on cloister 80, right? *thinks of the gunner-cat nip-haste strategy*)

As you said, you're JUMPING. Don't jump, just WALK to the edge and fall. The abomination is now in your front. Now, hug the wall (any of them) and get past it.

I'm 100% sure it works, because I've avoided a bunch of them doing this.ur right. I tried it and it totally works. :D

Helios
08-19-2006, 02:45 PM
well done! Chac should be simple once you get the hang of it.
Paragon afterwards* excitement* The same tactic with the gunners and cat-nip won't work on them, they don't recoil or anything during a trigger happy, neither will Trema.

EDIT: [to 01 Rin] No I can do that, this is another level, I think it only shows floors 81-99. You'll know it when you see it.

kain_ex
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Paragon afterwards* excitement* The same tactic with the gunners and cat-nip won't work on them, they don't recoil or anything during a trigger happy, neither will Trema.

EDIT: [to 01 Rin] No I can do that, this is another level, I think it only shows floors 81-99. You'll know it when you see it.

You're talking about that cloister where there's 4 Tonberries patrolling around and 4 Mega Tonberries hanging around just looking. If you touch the tiny Tonberries, a Mega one will stop hanging around and will support the tiny one fighting you. In other words, you just have to avoid the tiny tonberries (except you wanna die).

Devil Shroom
08-19-2006, 10:53 PM

You're talking about that cloister where there's 4 Tonberries patrolling around and 4 Mega Tonberries hanging around just looking. If you touch the tiny Tonberries, a Mega one will stop hanging around and will support the tiny one fighting you. In other words, you just have to avoid the tiny tonberries (except you wanna die).

Is that true? Dear lord. I read on a rather reliable site that if you fought the little ones in battle the Mega's would disappear. Obviously not.

Helios
08-20-2006, 12:38 PM

Is that true? Dear lord. I read on a rather reliable site that if you fought the little ones in battle the Mega's would disappear. Obviously not.

It's not as hard as it seems/sounds. But pretty nerve racking.

No.78
08-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Final 2 bosses and the Chac pissed me off. Especially the Chac, *hisses*

01 Rin
08-20-2006, 10:31 PM
i beat Chac! Yippee!!! on my first try, too (the gunner/trigger happy works wonders).

so now i have to worry about not dying in cloisters 81-99..... any advice or tips? new puzzles or scary enemies? i'll try to save every 3-5 cloisters, but if i should accidently encounter a mega-tonberry...am i doomed?!

EDIT: just wanna complete Via Infinito in this game and not in New Game+. hm. I wonder if Via Infinito would be a little easier if I gave the "Awesome Sphere" to New Yevon?

kain_ex
08-21-2006, 05:36 PM
i beat Chac! Yippee!!! on my first try, too (the gunner/trigger happy works wonders).

so now i have to worry about not dying in cloisters 81-99..... any advice or tips? new puzzles or scary enemies? i'll try to save every 3-5 cloisters, but if i should accidently encounter a mega-tonberry...am i doomed?!

EDIT: just wanna complete Via Infinito in this game and not in New Game+. hm. I wonder if Via Infinito would be a little easier if I gave the "Awesome Sphere" to New Yevon?

Not a single, just run crap of Chac and Concherer when you meet them. Yes, past bosses of Via Infinito, Elder Drakes and the hardest fiends in the game can be found in those cloisters. If you don't wanna get lvl here, just escape from each battles. Mega Tonberries don't appear in random encounters here, but if you touch one you're dead meat.

No, it's the same thing if you give to Youth League or New Yevon.

01 Rin
08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Lord Zaon's Rage and Trema's Insanity:

I'm at Cloister ∞ right now. How the heck am I supposed to defeat Paragon? I keep dying by the time he uses Genesis (does, like 14000 damage per character). I might as well want some strategies for Trema, since he's next anyways and I dunno if I can save my game after Paragon.

K. H. Kid
08-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Lord Zaon's Rage and Trema's Insanity:

I'm at Cloister ∞ right now. How the heck am I supposed to defeat Paragon? I keep dying by the time he uses Genesis (does, like 14000 damage per character). I might as well want some strategies for Trema, since he's next anyways and I dunno if I can save after Paragon.
Read somewhere that if you use Invincible and Cat Nip together it can do 99,999 damage per shot on Trigger Happy Lvl 3. But I can't confirm it.

feona17
08-22-2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah you can't save after Paragon I don't think, and I don't think you can heal.

Is that true about Invincible + Cap Nip? If it is, I'm so going in there and kicking that guy's smurfing hide.

4evarisha
08-22-2006, 05:28 AM
I bribe Paragon:)

Helios
08-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I just did the cat nip gunner using trigger happy and the other 2 dark knights to heal, he tends physicaly attack first and then use genesis, if your gunner has haste you may luckily be able to use a second trigger happy which should finish him off.I had problems with him, sometimes i'd beat him sometimes not.
Trema is pretty easy, put protect on your dark knights (id advise using dark knights) and put mana springs at the top of your item list. Firstly use mana springs to drain his mp or he'll use Flare & Ultima. Then just use trigger happy and have the guards heal/revive when necessary. Watch out for Meteor, it requires no mp, and can do about 2000+ damage (depending on your defense levels) just heal and such, should be easy.
REMEMBER THERE IS NO EPISODE COMPLETE FOR BEATING VIA INFINITO!

01 Rin
08-22-2006, 03:07 PM
I bribe Paragon:)OOOOOOHHHHHH! HOW MUCH GIL DID YOU GIVE HIM?!

I just did the cat nip gunner using trigger happy and the other 2 dark knights to heal, he tends physicaly attack first and then use genesis, if your gunner has haste you may luckily be able to use a second trigger happy which should finish him off.I had problems with him, sometimes i'd beat him sometimes not.
Trema is pretty easy, put protect on your dark knights (id advise using dark knights) and put mana springs at the top of your item list. Firstly use mana springs to drain his mp or he'll use Flare & Ultima. Then just use trigger happy and have the guards heal/revive when necessary. Watch out for Meteor, it requires no mp, and can do about 2000+ damage (depending on your defense levels) just heal and such, should be easy.
REMEMBER THERE IS NO EPISODE COMPLETE FOR BEATING VIA INFINITO!Bribing sounds easier for the Paragon guy.
Dark Knights can heal?! Just drain though. Well, I'll give that strategy a try and see what happens but my characters are on level 90 or 91. I bet level 99 is recommended since Paragon and Trema are on level 99.

SeeDRankLou
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
If you are going to survive the fight, you have to kill Paragon like in the first round. Easy enough to do. Equip Yuna as a Dark Knight, Rikku as a Warrior, and Paine as a Gunner, with Cat Nip and a Speed Bracer, her HP in the yellow. Have all of them equipped with either the Highroad Winds or Mounted Assault garment grid for the First Strike ability. When the fight begins, have Yuna cast Black Sky, Rikku cast Sentinel, and Paine use Trigger Happy lv. 3. If you hit the R1 button fast enough, you can get at least 15-20 shots in, and then the Dark Knights will finish Paragon off. It might not even get to make a single move.

And, I don't think that the whole Cat Nip + Invincible combo is true. I've never tested it, but Cat Nip doesn't let the player do maximum damage, it specifically lets the player do 9999 damage, no more no less.

01 Rin
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
If you are going to survive the fight, you have to kill Paragon like in the first round. Easy enough to do. Equip Yuna as a Dark Knight, Rikku as a Warrior, and Paine as a Gunner, with Cat Nip and a Speed Bracer, her HP in the yellow. Have all of them equipped with either the Highroad Winds or Mounted Assault garment grid for the First Strike ability. When the fight begins, have Yuna cast Black Sky, Rikku cast Sentinel, and Paine use Trigger Happy lv. 3. If you hit the R1 button fast enough, you can get at least 15-20 shots in, and then the Dark Knights will finish Paragon off. It might not even get to make a single move.

And, I don't think that the whole Cat Nip + Invincible combo is true. I've never tested it, but Cat Nip doesn't let the player do maximum damage, it specifically lets the player do 9999 damage, no more no less.would it work on Trema (that strategy)? i think i might want to bribe paragon (guess Lord Zaon is into money then) and fight Trema (don't think he likes money).

SeeDRankLou
08-22-2006, 08:07 PM
No, Trema needs a slightly finer tuned strategy. I would suggest using two Warriors and a Cat Nip + Speed Bracer Gunner. After draining Trema's MP with some Mana Springs, have the Warriors stay in Sentinel. This way, even single attack Trema does to them will do a measly one HP of damage, even every hit of Meteor. Then, just have the Gunner wail of Trema, and use one of the Warriors to revive the Gunner when necessary. This battle will take a while no matter what you do, and this strategy isn't fullproof because of the timing factor that Trema may be able to take advantage of, but I've had it work several times.

I would bother bribing Paragon, just kill it, you can do it.

01 Rin
08-23-2006, 03:21 PM
No, Trema needs a slightly finer tuned strategy. I would suggest using two Warriors and a Cat Nip + Speed Bracer Gunner. After draining Trema's MP with some Mana Springs, have the Warriors stay in Sentinel. This way, even single attack Trema does to them will do a measly one HP of damage, even every hit of Meteor. Then, just have the Gunner wail of Trema, and use one of the Warriors to revive the Gunner when necessary. This battle will take a while no matter what you do, and this strategy isn't fullproof because of the timing factor that Trema may be able to take advantage of, but I've had it work several times.

I would bother bribing Paragon, just kill it, you can do it.I do bother bribing Paragon (cannot kill it, in time at least).

I will try the 2 Warrior, Gunner with Cat Nip and Speed Bracer thing. He's just too fast....
and I don't care if the square button makes scene skip, resulting in some completion percentage miss, I don't wanna see that godforsaken long scene 7 more times!!! *stamps foot around the room and throws cardboard boxes everywhere, one wasn't empty* (crash!)

Helios
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I hated that, but its best not to skip it. Imagine how infuriating it will be to find out it that you won't get 100% because of it and you'd have to do it again.

I got 99% on my first go, the only thing i missed is the PR campaigns....thats 0.2% of the games whole percentage.......how lovely.

PuPu
08-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I think Paragon might be easier on Oversoul, because his physical attacks missed me a lot for some reason.

As for Trema, his physical attack can inflict stop, so something to guard against that is needed, such as high luck. He only has 999 MP so drain with things such as Soul Springs or Mana Springs. That way, he can't use Flare, Demi or Ultima. He can still use Meteor though, but only twice in the battle. Also, using a chocobo wing to get a speed advantage is good too. I think most of the strategy for beating Trema has already been said by other people.

If it still doesn't work, leveling up could help.

Oh and an interesting thing is, after you beat Trema (this might be a spoiler)
You can go back to fight Paragon

01 Rin
08-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I think Paragon might be easier on Oversoul, because his physical attacks missed me a lot for some reason.

As for Trema, his physical attack can inflict stop, so something to guard against that is needed, such as high luck. He only has 999 MP so drain with things such as Soul Springs or Mana Springs. That way, he can't use Flare, Demi or Ultima. He can still use Meteor though, but only twice in the battle. Also, using a chocobo wing to get a speed advantage is good too. I think most of the strategy for beating Trema has already been said by other people.

If it still doesn't work, leveling up could help.

Oh and an interesting thing is, after you beat Trema (this might be a spoiler)
You can go back to fight Paragon*sigh* If only the Trema would not attack so much.... Even with First Strike and Auto-Haste, my characters are not quick enough to evade his attacks... Ironically, the magic thing I can handle........
Well, I've seen the good ending and I'm told that the "Perfect Ending" is not even a FMV. So maybe someone can send me a site that shows the perfect ending? Or tell me what happens to Trema (if someone has defeated him).

PuPu
08-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Umm....if you have trouble with his physical attacks I suppose you could use Auto-Protect or Sentinel. Also Luck can really help in this battle.

And the spoiler I said, it doesn't have anything to do with the ending or the storyline. It's just something that people who haven't beaten Trema might not know.

EDIT: Sorry, it's been a long time and I can't remember exactly what happens after Trema is beaten.

Helios
08-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I had auto protect on my other 2 characters.
In the response to the spoiler, can you? how? just go back?

PuPu
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
After you beat Trema, go back to Via Infinito where you fought Paragon and you'll see what I mean.

01 Rin
08-24-2006, 03:25 PM
EDIT: Sorry, it's been a long time and I can't remember exactly what happens after Trema is beaten.then can ya give me a link to view the "Perfect Ending?"

O.o maybe I should look.....

Omega weapon123
09-05-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry to go off the paragon and trema thing going on here but how do I kill the black elemental, he just used ultima and killed me.and does leaving the dungeon make u lose your progress in it.

4evarisha
09-05-2006, 05:23 AM
I had to Trigger Happy with cat nip the anacanduar that Yunalesca turn into three times!

Beating Black Element you let a darknight use darkness one and to other dark knight use darkness.

Or have one Dark Knight attack and the other Dark knight darkness.
First turn use darkness while it loads have the other two Dark knight attack it.

Yew-Yevon
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Paragon is the hardest fiend in the game.

Armisael
09-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Trigger Level Happy 3 + Cat Nip + Speed Bracer = Everything you need!
I have never had a problem with anyone in Via Infinito! Especially Paragon, one round, knocked down!

p.s About Black Elemental, Gunner's Table Turner ability works pretty well!