PDA

View Full Version : Complete or Concluded?

01 Rin
08-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Is the "Episode Concluded" the same as "Episode Complete!"?
I chose not to go after Garik in Chapter 3 because I wanted the Key to Success accessory later in the game.
I've got Episode Complete in every area except Guadosalam, Macalania, and Mt. Gagazet. Those areas are viewed as Episode Concluded (well, not complete or concluded in Bevelle because of Via Infinito).
So, I still cannot obtain the Mascot Dressphere. Is this why?

feona17
08-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, you need an episode COMPLETE in every location in order to get Mascot. That screwed me over the first time too. So it's either Key to Success or Mascot. There is always New Game Plus for that. :p

Helios
08-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeh concluded doesnt get all the percentages. I got that the first time i played the game about the Mi'hen Highroad mystery, i forgot about it and then on chapter 5 i went there and it said about there being troubles etc and came up with "Episode Concluded"

Aria28
08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Is the "Episode Concluded" the same as "Episode Complete!"?
I chose not to go after Garik in Chapter 3 because I wanted the Key to Success accessory later in the game.
I've got Episode Complete in every area except Guadosalam, Macalania, and Mt. Gagazet. Those areas are viewed as Episode Concluded.
So, I still cannot obtain the Mascot Dressphere. Is this why?

Ok, since I don't play the English version of the game, I may have this mixed up, but.....

Episode Complete means you have successfully completed what needed to be done in the area. Episode Concluded means that you have completed the quests in the region, but not in a satisfactory manner.

To get Mascot dressphere, you need to get Episode Complete everywhere

Tavrobel
08-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Conclusion is the equivalent of failure.

01 Rin
08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
lol Ok. this brings me to my next question(S):

In my last game (before it got erased) I had Episode Complete in every area except Bevelle and Zanarkand was not the last episode I completed. Still I could not obtain the dressphere. Is there a specific order or something? And do I have to get an Episode Complete! in Bevelle? Or do I have to look somewhere on the bridge and press X to initiate a scene?

Dell
08-17-2006, 04:00 PM
You must get an episode complete for Bevelle too (I'm not sure but you must completed the Via Infinito for episode complete) (You won't get an episode complete for Bevelle if you didn't do the thing you must done in Bevelle either).

feona17
08-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah that's a glitch in FFX-2. For some reason, if you do Zanarkand last, you can't get Mascot. So do it before you get to Besaid. Also, I believe you don't have to finish Via Infinito. Because I got Mascot, from only going to cloister 40. You can get two episode completes in Bevelle, from talking to Maroda at New Yevon headquarters and finishing Via Infinito.

Tavrobel
08-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Bevelle and the Via Infinito have separate Episode Completes. And doing Zanarkand last to not get Mascot is also the equivalent of failure. Not personal failure, but programmer failure.

01 Rin
08-18-2006, 04:55 PM
okay, I'll keep that in mind for my New Game+ (obviousely no 100% completion in this game but I can still get the Good Ending, right?).
huh, must be something wrong with my memory then because that's what I thought. I thought that you did not have to complete Via Infinito to get Mascot and I usually complete Zanarkand first in chapter 5.

Tavrobel
08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I thought that you did not have to complete Via Infinito to get Mascot.

You don't.

kain_ex
08-18-2006, 05:11 PM
I thought that you did not have to complete Via Infinito to get Mascot.

You don't.

You don't have to COMPLETE, but you have to get at least Cloister 20 or 40 (don't remember), so you can get the lacking Crimsom Spheres (there are 10 in total), and go to Den of Woe

Dynast-Kid
08-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I got an Episode Concluded in Besaid and i'm not sure what I missed.

Does the Gunner's Gauntlet count towards 100%?

Another question,is it true that if you rest in the airship in each chapter,you will unlock an extra mission in Chapter 5?

Devil Shroom
08-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I got an Episode Concluded in Besaid and i'm not sure what I missed.

Does the Gunner's Gauntlet count towards 100%?

Another question,is it true that if you rest in the airship in each chapter,you will unlock an extra mission in Chapter 5?

Gunner's Gauntlet is needed to get 100%.

Sleeping in the Cabin unlocks a special scene and therefore allows you to get an episode complete on the airship if I remember correctly. but there's no extra mission.

Dynast-Kid
08-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh okay.

Thanks Devil Shroom.

01 Rin
08-19-2006, 03:03 AM
Gunner's Gauntlet is needed to get 100%.What do you mean by that? Do you have to level up to the max with its prize: Adamantite accessory? in order to get "Episode Complete!" in Besaid?

EDIT: Is it possible to get the Enterprise accessory and still recieve and "Episode Complete!" in the Moonflow?

kain_ex
08-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Gunner's Gauntlet is needed to get 100%.What do you mean by that? Do you have to level up to the max with its prize: Adamantite accessory? in order to get "Episode Complete!" in Besaid?

EDIT: Is it possible to get the Enterprise accessory and still recieve and "Episode Complete!" in the Moonflow?

You see, to get 100% AND Episode Complete!, you HAVE to beat Beclem's score (500 points). Let's suppose you beat it with 522 points. In your New Game Plus, in order to get the Episode Complete! you have to beat your own score (522).

Nope. In order to get Episode Complete! in the Moonflow, you have to BOTH complete perfectly the 'Shave the Hypello?' mission (get to Tobli with all 5 boxes) AND sell all 10 tickets in the "YRP: Scalpers Three" mission.

01 Rin
08-20-2006, 11:31 PM
bummer, my high score Gunner's Gauntlet is 936...... I want to beat it and get Adamantite (over 2500 points). Guess I gotta look for that "blind spot" I keep hearing about....

So I cannot get the Enterprise then... well, it's just Break HP Limit. I can equip my characters with that Heart-shaped garment grid (forgot what it was called..) to have Break HP Limit.