PDA

View Full Version : Ico

Captain Maxx Power
08-17-2006, 03:55 PM
If we had a thread on this game it's probably plunged deep into the depths, so hopefully I'll be justified making this. So, who's played this "prequel/sequel" to Shadow of the Colossus? It's probably one of my favourite adventure games, easily beating out many of my fond childhood memories of my NES/Genesis adventure games of the same type (and believe me, those are some fond memories). The style of the game really stuck with me, as well as the overall atmosphere. Very short, but intensely compelling stuff.

Comments?

Lost Number
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
ICO is the most beautiful, compelling game I have ever played. For those of you who cried when Aeris died, play this game.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I own it. It is fun but not as fun as Shadow of the Colossass.

JKTrix
08-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I can't wait to see what comes next from these guys. These games are both amazingly beautiful, even with the PS2's limits. Imagine what they could do on an even more powerful system.

Shadow of the Collosus was a great evolutionary step in this type of game, and one of the best original games in recent years. The music is on my iPod.

I Took the Red Pill
08-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Ico was amazing. It was a great adventure game and some of those puzzles had me stuck for a while.

aquatius
08-17-2006, 04:52 PM
This is weird, I read a review of Ico and it was really bad.

edczxcvbnm
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
What the hell were you reading?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/367472.asp?q=ICO

Yeargdribble
08-17-2006, 06:27 PM
I looked forward to SotC for a while and it took me nearly half a year to finally pick it up at the store for 20 bucks. I've been playing it recently and absolutely adore it. It's definitely a step in a new direction for gaming and makes you ask, "Why hasn't there been anything like this before?" There have been games with similar elements but nobody has ever really done something like that. Little else can compare to the epicness of this game.

I'm actually planning to get ICO (probably will have to order from Amazon) at some point in the nearish future. Though it's not quite the same from what I've seen and read I think I would still enjoy it. I'm also intrigued by the story of the two games. While you can easily gloss over what little direct story there is you can also become immersed in understand what holes haven't been expressly filled by the makers of the game.

Madame Adequate
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
ICO is fucking amazing, and a perfect example of how games can have true value.

Necronopticous
08-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Ico is, simply put, one of the most amazing games I have ever played. I played through the entire game my first time in one long sitting, I just couldn't bring myself to put down the controller. It is a beautiful story that the Ico team took the time to uniquely and lovingly tell.

The Ico team put out some of the only games I group together in my mind as transcendental to video games as a whole.

Dreddz
08-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Ico is one of those rare games that surprises everyone with its excellence. No hype behind the title ( maybe thats why it didnt sell too well ), but dwarfed all the games released in that year.

I prefer Ico over Shadow Of The Collosus.

Cz
08-18-2006, 02:08 PM
ICO is one of the best games of this generation. It's a simple concept, brilliantly executed.

Slothy
08-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Ico is one of those rare games that surprises everyone with its excellence. No hype behind the title ( maybe thats why it didnt sell too well ), but dwarfed all the games released in that year.

If you had read OPM prior to it's release, then you would have thought it was hyped like crazy. They were in love with it, I'm in love with it. Anyone who hasn't played it needs to. It was easily one of the most unique, and creative gaming experiences out there, perhaps only rivalled by SotC actually. Some people are surprised that I think as highly as I do of Sony as a first party developer, but this game is one of the best examples of why Nintendo has to try harder to earn my love from now on.

I Am Stoner
08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
:crying2: I never played Ico. I always wanted to, but I cant find it anywhere.:whimper: :crying: Is there anywhere on the internet I can buy it??

Dreddz
08-19-2006, 03:41 PM

If you had read OPM prior to it's release, then you would have thought it was hyped like crazy. They were in love with it, I'm in love with it. Anyone who hasn't played it needs to. It was easily one of the most unique, and creative gaming experiences out there, perhaps only rivalled by SotC actually. Some people are surprised that I think as highly as I do of Sony as a first party developer, but this game is one of the best examples of why Nintendo has to try harder to earn my love from now on.
Magazines were hyping but general interest by the public game was lacking.

The Devil Man
08-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Ico is just simply magnificent and it is far better then Shadow of the Colossus. Shadow had a moral dilemma as it's central story... to rescuse the girl he loves, the guy has to kill all these beautiful, innocent and generally harmless creatures: A selfish act if there ever was one.

Ico is more about the innocence of friendship and... bahhh, there's a great storyline guide you can get off gamefaqs to tell you more. I think Ico is just a much more atmospheric and compelling game then Shadow. It's fantastic and you should play it as soon as you can if you haven't already done so.

Shoden
08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
SotC had the better soundtrack and I loved both games. The thing with shadow was, he had to kill the 16 colossi to bring back the soul of the one he loved, not caring what happened to him. Wanderer was pretty much selfless. ICO was amazing.