PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best tactics?

Elemental Alchemist
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Which of the two tactics is the best? Tactics, or Tactics Advance?
For me, it's Tactics.

McLovin'
08-17-2006, 06:58 PM
N ever played Advance so I will say Tactics.

Purple shoot
08-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Tactics of course

Ramza Beoulve
08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Tactics for sure :)

Hey purple, you are from Mexico too? cool :)

auhin
08-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Tactics Advance. I just beat this. ^^ Of course, I haven't played Tactics, but I don't plan to. TA has Nu Mous, Vieras, Bangaas... It's much more well done, and balanced, battle-wise.
Plus, great characters like Babus and Mewt. Though I'm sure Tactics is a great game that I would like, I just don't think it will make a big impact on my gaming life as TA did.

Purple shoot
08-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Tactics Advance. I just beat this. ^^ Of course, I haven't played Tactics, but I don't plan to. TA has Nu Mous, Vieras, Bangaas... It's much more well done, and balanced, battle-wise.
Plus, great characters like Babus and Mewt. Though I'm sure Tactics is a great game that I would like, I just don't think it will make a big impact on my gaming life as TA did.
Yes, probably FFTA have a lot of characters and a lot of missions, but i think Tactics is best because the dramatic history about the nobles and commoners, catch you since the first time you start to play it.
and it have a lot of jobs; and four hidden characters and 2 hidden bosses.

Yeah, i think the best is Tactics:kaoplain:

Darkwing Bahamut
08-18-2006, 05:43 AM
I only played Tactics Advance, which was pretty good. I had a save file with 100+ hours on it, and completed 296 missions (I missed out on the remaining 4). Anyway I can't be bothered playing it again and completing all 300 missions.

Zeromus_X
08-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Don't make me decide...:cry: They're both wonderful games! :cat:

Ryth
08-18-2006, 05:53 AM
I personally preferred Tactics over Tactics Advance.

Yuffie514
08-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, only because it worked for me in the area of satisfaction, getting tons of things done, and well, the competence to survive in the game. i tried to play the original, but i guess i'll never be a good general...

Sefie1999AD
08-19-2006, 03:30 PM
I haven't played much of FFTA, but so far, I prefer FF Tactics. I don't think FFTA is a bad game, but compared to FFT (especially in terms of storyline and the battle system), it just feels like an inferior game in so many ways.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Tactics. Sephiroth1999AD knows the score.

Ramza Beoulve
08-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Don't make me decide...:cry: They're both wonderful games! :cat:
Behold the power of Tactics O.o

Kefka_Almighty
08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I haven't played much of FFTA, but so far, I prefer FF Tactics. I don't think FFTA is a bad game, but compared to FFT (especially in terms of storyline and the battle system), it just feels like an inferior game in so many ways.

I have to disagree about the storyline. While FFT had a good story, so much of it was convulted and made too many strieds to make itself look theologically insightful (and, in my mind, failed when compared to games like Xenogears), and did this at the price of creating a nearly completely incoherent story. The storyline for FFTA I actually liked better; it's almost sickeningly whimsical on the outside, but incredibly deep if you look further into it; I could probably write an entire essay on the subject, but won't do so in this post for the sake of keeping this to at least a medium length.

I'd be hard pressed to say that FFTA was inferior in any way; as a whole, I technically found it to be the superior game. I enjoyed the battle system much more, and the addition of other races allowed a kind of small look into the way other cultures in this world survived. I could go on and on, but will stop now for I must go to lunch.

Fireblade13
09-01-2006, 06:41 PM
FFTA. The story is disagreeable (who wants to leave a place where ownage is real?) but the battles never feel repetitive as some time you have an archer at an unreachable point and sometimes u have to work around with like 20 spaces of land! I didn't play T so you may disregard my post and everyone else who didnt play both

Crossblades
09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I personally preferred Tactics Advance over Tactics .