PDA

View Full Version : Cactuars in the Thunder Plains

Disco Potato
08-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm trying to capture one of every monster you can find in the Thunder Plains, and I've been looking for a while now and haven't come across any Cactuars. I know they exist (I fought one my first time through the TP), but does anyone know if you can only find them in a specific area of the Thunder Plains? Or are they just really rare?

Disco Potato
08-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Nevermind, I captured one :p

Tavrobel
08-17-2006, 11:19 PM
You won't be finding any Cactuar in the Thunder Plains.

You do however, find Qactuar.

farplaner
08-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm trying to capture one of every monster you can find in the Thunder Plains, and I've been looking for a while now and haven't come across any Cactuars. I know they exist (I fought one my first time through the TP), but does anyone know if you can only find them in a specific area of the Thunder Plains? Or are they just really rare?

I think if you hang around the Qactuar stones, you will see them more often, but I'm not sure. Of course, you can find them anywhere within the TPs. Qactuars are abundant as snakes in a snake pit during mating season compared to Tonberry's in the Sunken Cave!

Disco Potato
08-19-2006, 11:12 PM
I think if you hang around the Qactuar stones, you will see them more often, but I'm not sure. Of course, you can find them anywhere within the TPs. Qactuars are abundant as snakes in a snake pit during mating season compared to Tonberry's in the Sunken Cave!

Yup, I found the first one (the one that I needed to capture one of all the monsters in the TP for) around a stone. Of course, when I didn't need them anymore and had to go back to capture another monster (to get another reward from the Monster Arena guy) I literally got into battles with 5 of them in a row -_-