PDA

View Full Version : Sir Psycho Sexy

Sunny Day Suicide
08-18-2006, 01:10 AM
You are not a rock fan if you don't like this song. It's from RHCP. It's so funkadelic. You can't not like it. So perverted, and funny, and funky. Master lyrics in this song.

Doomie
08-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Dude, you rock. Yes, this song is great. The best part is when he "Got stopped by a lady cop in his automobile."

Sunny Day Suicide
08-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Nah, demons in my semen is better. That whole adam and eve scene is better. lol

farplaner
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I think BSSM is their best album. I'm really not into their newer stuff.
This album ^, however, is definitely a classic.

Vyk
08-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Not a big Peppers fan in general so I highly doubt it or any of their other songs would impress me to any great extent

NorthernChaosGod
08-19-2006, 12:21 AM
The song is awesome. All of their funkier material is better than their newer stuff.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-19-2006, 03:01 AM
I like their funk songs but I thought Californication was a better album then Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Doomie
08-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Blood Sugar Sex Magik is their best album, but By The Way is my favorite.

Spiffing Cheese
08-19-2006, 03:09 AM
Saying "Sir Psycho Sexy" really fast is way impossible. :(

And I like the song. :p

Fuego
08-19-2006, 04:57 AM
I like their funk songs but I thought Californication was a better album then Blood Sugar Sex Magik.
Runs Through the night with a butcher knife ... oh i mean hi hows it goin'

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is their best album.Agreed' >.<

farplaner
08-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Runs Through the night with a butcher knife ... oh i mean hi hows it goin

lol....shines a flashlight to help Fuego on his way.

I Am Stoner
08-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Hehehehe, chillis are good. Im not too keen on them though. But, I havent heard any of thier new stuff, so I dunno what its like. If its anything like Rage Agaist the Machine, then I know i'll love it.

I Don't Need A Name
08-19-2006, 10:36 AM
yeah that ones ace!

Sunny Day Suicide
08-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Hehehehe, chillis are good. Im not too keen on them though. But, I havent heard any of thier new stuff, so I dunno what its like. If its anything like Rage Agaist the Machine, then I know i'll love it.
Nah, they're new songs are the polar opposite of RATM. It's kiddy crap they call music. I only like 'Tell Me Baby' and that still seems to fail on a RHCP scale.

farplaner
08-19-2006, 09:55 PM

Indeed, in that case you'll hate RHCP's new stuff.

Slade
08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah this song is great. The lyrics are.....interesting :jess:
My favorite part of the song, though, is when the music switches near the end to a long instrumental dominated by guitar. So cool. 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik' is a very cool album ;)

For the record, I'm not biased and enjoy both the old and new material from the Chilis.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm not biased. I have my reasonings. Their new stuff sucks because it's nothing like the old and doesn't live up to it. Their turning kind of poppish. Where's the funk? Where's the hardcore jams?

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-22-2006, 12:09 AM
It's in thier, it's just not as exclusive as it was before. You have to understand, they aren't 20-year-old kids anymore. They in thier fourties and as they mature, so does thier music. I totally enjoy rocking out with the old-skool Peppers as much as anybody, but thier new music defiantly holds it's own. I don't think you're giving it a good enough chance. Check out Storm in a Teacup if you want to rock out. Seriously, I love that song.

crazybayman
08-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Sir Psycho, Sir Psycho, yeah!!! He's the man that I met one time......

Yeah this song is great. The lyrics are.....interesting :jess:
My favorite part of the song, though, is when the music switches near the end to a long instrumental dominated by guitar. So cool. 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik' is a very cool album ;)

For the record, I'm not biased and enjoy both the old and new material from the Chilis.
Agreed on all points. That instrumental is unreal.

Im so glad to see others give songs like that the recognition it deserves! They're my favorite band of all time. And I'm finally going to get to see them this nov in the motor city :hyper:

You think their new stuff is different? Try checking out their pre-BSSM albums, like Freaky Styley, and Uplift Mofo Party Plan, for instance. Some of it is much more closer to the old George Clinton P-funk stuff. Then there's Mother's Milk, which is a little Punkier and hardcore. Much different than anything on BSSM and after. I still love it, though.

BSSM is my favorite album of all time. Stadium Arcadium is a great album, a little more funkier than By The Way. They seemed to mellow out a bit in Californication and By The Way, but threw in a few more funkier, energetic songs on Stadium Arcadium.

SHE'S STONE COLD BUSH!!!!

Sunny Day Suicide
08-22-2006, 04:26 AM
Check out Storm in a Teacup if you want to rock out. Seriously, I love that song.

I'll try it right now.

farplaner
08-22-2006, 05:30 AM
I understand that bands mature and with them their music, I just prefer their "adolescence," so to speak. No hard feelings against them for progressing as people/ a band/ etc., but if I want to hear RHCP I'll pop in my BSSM CD or perhaps One Hot Minute.

NorthernChaosGod
08-22-2006, 07:28 AM
I understand that bands mature and with them their music, I just prefer their "adolescence," so to speak. No hard feelings against them for progressing as people/ a band/ etc., but if I want to hear RHCP I'll pop in my BSSM CD or perhaps One Hot Minute.

Sometimes they just run out of good material. *cough*Metallica*cough*

crazybayman
08-22-2006, 12:14 PM
What's funny is that they were already pretty "mature" when One Hot Minute was released. They had been around for over a decade at that point.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-22-2006, 12:35 PM
When the new guitarist came thatīs when they recovered!

crazybayman
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
When the new guitarist came thatīs when they recovered!
if you're referring to John Fruciante, he was with them already since Mother's Milk in '87. He left in 92 after doing BSSM, Navarro (previously of jane's addiction) joined, did One Hot Minute, and left again around '98. Fruciante then came back around '99, did californication, and they lived happily ever after. :p

but yeah, that was somewhat of a recovery :p

Sunny Day Suicide
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Wasn't Hillel Slovak in there somewhere? And I never knew why he left, John I mean.

Eureka
08-22-2006, 05:53 PM
what's this thread about O_o lol

crazybayman
08-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Wasn't Hillel Slovak in there somewhere? And I never knew why he left, John I mean.
Slovak was the original guitarist, dating back to 1983 or 1984. They released the self titled debut, Freaky Styley, and the Uplift Mofo Party Plan albums with Slovak. He left at one point during the 80's, Jack Sherman came on board for a short while (I think, and Sherman actually may have recorded the self title debut), but Slovak eventually returned to do the rest of the albums. He died though, of a heroine overdose sometime before Mother's Milk. A young teenage phenom named John Frusciante then had an audition, and the peppers were actually going to recommend him to another band, but they wound up taking him on, and they recorded Mother's Milk, and a few years later Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

When they hit superstardom from BSSM's release, Fruciante left the band while on tour in 1992, because he didn't like where superstardon was taking them, how it was changing them.....or something like that.

Doomie
08-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Frusciante*, I think. >_< And yeah, don't say you hate Stadium Arcadium, as it's songs are wonderful. I especially enjoy Jupiter. I think it hits the same spot that Californication and By The Way did. There songs actually have some meaning, where as in BSSM and One Hot Minute (Excellent albums, for the record.), there was just ramdomized rambling. Excluding My Friends, of course, which is another emotional song.

farplaner
08-23-2006, 01:23 AM
What's funny is that they were already pretty "mature" when One Hot Minute was released. They had been around for over a decade at that point.

Why is that funny? I said adolescence intentionally to refer to a "sort of" middle-period of the band's existence.

There songs actually have some meaning, where as in BSSM and One Hot Minute (Excellent albums, for the record.), there was just ramdomized rambling. Excluding My Friends, of course, which is another emotional song.

:confused: How you fig'er?

crazybayman
08-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Why is that funny? I said adolescence intentionally to refer to a "sort of" middle-period of the band's existence.
I didn't say what you said was funny. I was merely making note of the fact that they have been around for a long time.

Fuego
08-24-2006, 02:05 AM

Wow ... you said it better than I ever could >.<

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2006, 04:28 AM

Wow ... you said it better than I ever could >.<

:cool:

Sunny Day Suicide
08-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Since no one gave me an answer last time on another thread.

What did you guys think when you first heard Anthony yell Get On Top? I sure as hell got excited.

farplaner
08-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Since no one gave me an answer last time on another thread.

What did you guys think when you first heard Anthony yell Get On Top? I sure as hell got excited.

:confused:

Roto13
08-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I thanked the universe that I was wearing headphones.