PDA

View Full Version : 3 best Units

Western Paladin
08-18-2006, 04:44 AM
OK guys, Here's The Deal. This is mainly aimed at Skyblade, Tailz, and Nominus Experse, but anyone can join in. List off your best three characters, their equipment, their current abilities (which 2 A-Ability sets they are using, their S-Ability, Their Combo, and their R-Ability), and their stats. Like I said, anyone can join in, but if you aren't quite as... Hrrmm... "developed"... as we are, then don't feel bad since we have lots of spare time.

OK THEN, the first of my fav three (not neccesarily my best 3, but i use them the most):

Lunais:

TEMPLAR/GLADIATOR

Stats (Unarmed and Unarmored))

Lv. 50 Exp. 99
HP: 404/404 MP: 171/171
Move:3 Jump: 2 Evade: 40
Weapon Attack: 502 Weapon Defence: 560
Magic Power: 473 Magic Resistance: 421
Speed: 135

Stats (full battle-gear)

Lv. 50 Exp. 99
HP: 404/404 MP: 171/171
Move: 8 Jump: 5 Evade: 52
Weapon Attack: 591 Weapon Defence: 618
Magic Power: 488 Magic Resistance: 467
Speed: 141

Equipment:

Sequence: A Knightsword of limitless potential

Weapon Attack: 84
Weapon Defence: 2
Magic Power: 5
Magic Resistance: 2
Speed: 2
Move: 1 Jump: 1 Evade: 2

Peytral: Thick Armor of limitless potential

Weapon Attack: 5
Weapon Defence: 51
Magic Resistance: 2
Move: 1 Jump: 1 Evade: 5

Acacia Hat: A Yellow Hat with limitless potential

Weapon Attack: 0
Weapon Defence: 2
Magic Resistance: 42
Move: 1 Jump: 1 Evade: 5

Ninja Tabi: Black Ninja Footgear. Increases your speed dramatically

Weapon Defence: 3
Magic Power: 0
Magic Resistance: 0
Speed: 0
Move: 2 Jump: 0 Evade: 0

Angel Ring: Put This On And Become Power Incarnate

Weapon Defence: 0
Magic Power: 0
Magic Resistance: 0
Speed: 0
Move: 0 Jump: 0 Evade: 0

Nullifies: Zombie/Dark/Silence/Frog/Poison/Slow/Immobilize/Disarm/Doom
Bestows Auto-Raise.

Abilities:

Sacred Tech (Complete. All abilities)
Spellblade Tech (Complete. All abilities)
Strikeback
Weapon Atk+
Sword Combo

What do you guys think?

Nominus Experse
08-18-2006, 07:04 AM
As for that of your unit, he seems quite formidable. You appropiately equiped him with items and equipment that will increase his terribly low Move and Speed stats. Not only that, but he nullifies many status ailmenst and has Auto-Life on, due to the Angel Ring.

My only qualm is that you have placed many of the game's greatest equipment on this character, which could lead to having this character being super powerful, but leaving your other units lacking in certain areas. I say this only because I cannot see your other units, but it may hold true. I believe you only get 1 Peytral and Ninja Tabi if you do not play a linked game. I am not certain of this, however.

His MP stat is a little low, but I feel that you will be using his brute Attack Power more than anything else anyways, so that hardly matters. His Defense also allows you to place him in the midst of the enemy without too much apprehension, and having him equiped with Strikeback makes short work of stupid CPU players.

Really, his only mediocre stats are his Magic stats, of which you probably won't be using much with this unit anyways.

The only downfall that I have problems with is that of his Speed. I am used to seeing 256+ Speed, so then again, meh...

If I were to give a rating of this unit:
8/10

As for that of my own units, until I get my game back, I can't relate what my stats were on particular units. Basically, think Assassins, Snipers, Red Mage Summoners and the like.

So as soon as I get it back, we can compare and contrast and bicker to no end about whose is better.

;)

Skyblade
08-18-2006, 07:40 AM
As for that of your unit, he seems quite formidable. You appropiately equiped him with items and equipment that will increase his terribly low Move and Speed stats. Not only that, but he nullifies many status ailmenst and has Auto-Life on, due to the Angel Ring.

My only qualm is that you have placed many of the game's greatest equipment on this character, which could lead to having this character being super powerful, but leaving your other units lacking in certain areas. I say this only because I cannot see your other units, but it may hold true. I believe you only get 1 Peytral and Ninja Tabi if you do not play a linked game. I am not certain of this, however.

His MP stat is a little low, but I feel that you will be using his brute Attack Power more than anything else anyways, so that hardly matters. His Defense also allows you to place him in the midst of the enemy without too much apprehension, and having him equiped with Strikeback makes short work of stupid CPU players.

Really, his only mediocre stats are his Magic stats, of which you probably won't be using much with this unit anyways.

The only downfall that I have problems with is that of his Speed. I am used to seeing 256+ Speed, so then again, meh...

If I were to give a rating of this unit:
8/10

As for that of my own units, until I get my game back, I can't relate what my stats were on particular units. Basically, think Assassins, Snipers, Red Mage Summoners and the like.

So as soon as I get it back, we can compare and contrast and bicker to no end about whose is better.

;)

Actually, it is impossible to get more than one Peytral at all, without cheating.

As for my most powerful character, that is hardly a fair question. I don't have most powerful characters, and I don't have standard equipment for them. I change my characters up based on many things, not least of which is what opponent I am facing.

tailz
08-18-2006, 10:00 AM
sky has a point characters ecuipment changes almost every battle but im willing to go and find out my one of my strongest at the moment.

*do note this is from my first playthrough and I didnt do any jobswithcing for stats (im busyt with such a game now)*

well on second thought ill give you my most used.

tonya/viera/assasin/elementalist.

both jobs mastered

S ability : concentrate
R abilty : reflex

stats armed
hp 314
mp245
move 6
jump 4
evade 65

wa 569
wd 451
ma 519
md 449
sp 215

equipment
gastra bow
minerva plate
ribbon
ninja tabi
angel ring

as i said this is from my first playthrough so shes extremely weak.
once im done with my current play ill redo this one :D

Western Paladin
08-19-2006, 05:25 AM
I didn't do that whole stat-maxing thing either... But I shoulda.

As for switching equipment, I usually just take the most effective people, since I've got like 10 lv 50's, so I usually have a few people who are properly equipped to kill.

You are quite right in everything you said, Nominus, except for the whole me having only one really good character and lesser ones that sit in his shadow.

Time For Fav #2

Vasil:

Bangaa

Dragoon/Defender

Stats (Unarmed and Unarmored))

Lv. 50 Exp. 99
HP: 448/448 MP: 68/68
Move:3 Jump: 3 Evade: 40
Weapon Attack: 557 Weapon Defence: 507
Magic Power: 344 Magic Resistance: 365
Speed: 157

Stats (full battle-gear)

Lv. 50 Exp. 99
HP: 448/448 MP: 68/68
Move: 5 Jump: 3 Evade: 40
Weapon Attack: 610 Weapon Defence: 588
Magic Power: 346 Magic Resistance: 401
Speed: 157

Equipment:

Bangaa Helm

Adaman Armor

Bangaa Spike

Ninja Tabi

Angel Ring

Abilities:

Dragon Tech (Complete. All abilities)
Defend (Complete. Needs Combo...)
Dragonheart
Weapon Def+
Dragon Combo

This is the guy who watches out for Lunais while he is busy killing all the enemies' spellcasters and ranged units, since that is what he is really good at, since they are usually really stacked for speed, magic power and magic resistance, which are three things these two are good at dealing with. They are my heavy-assault shock-troops. If you have ever played Warhammer 40K, then you might know what a terminator squad is, and they are the Final Fantasy equivalent of it. I do have a third really useful unit, though... Show you guys it after I get some feedback on this guy.

EDIT: to prevent my double-posting ways, I'll add what i forgot to say onto this post.
Skyblade, why don't you just tell us about one of your people, if you have no "BEST" unit. You must like one unit a little more than the rest of them... Tell us about that one with it's most effective equipment set.

Fireblade13
08-29-2006, 08:56 PM
(The bangaa with the ultima move)

Bangaa

Defender/Gladiator

Stats: Unknown
Lvl 40

What made him so awesome. Aura + Expert Guard + Meltdown = Invincible tank. If i had 6 of these bad boys i would own all! no one could kill in one round while my auto-life is off! and if my hp is low then i do normal attacks until i die and re-aura and go BOOM!

Skyblade
08-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Here, I'll just list my favorites, the plot important characters, which will give you some idea what you're up against for the rest of my team.

Name: Ritz
Job: Assassin
Level: 50
HP: 355
MP: 154
JP: 10
Weapon Atk: 567
Weapon Def: 502
Magic Pow: 493
Magic Res: 457
Speed: 209

Equipment:
Gastra Bow: Awesome attack, and incredible range. The Max Oathbow is stronger, but it deals elemental damage and has a slightly shorter range.
Ribbon: Immune to all status problems. Bwa ha ha ha ha.
Temple Cloth: Some nice stat boosts with this thing, though I sometimes switch to the Dark Gear for an Evade boost.
Genji Armlets: Again, it's all about the stat boosts.
Ninja Tabi: High movement, though I'll switch out for the Caligula for stats on occasion.

Abilities:
Corner
Sharpshoot
Reflex
Concentrate
Killer Combo

She has mastered every ability availible to her (as have every other one of my characters), allowing me to customize her for each battle as I see fit. The Corner/Sharpshoot combination provides her with a deadly assortment of abilities. From the Assassin's short range status causers (or long range Ultima), to the Sharpshooter's more subtle abilities, Ritz is more than capable of taking on anyone with this combination. Beso Toxico damages, poisons, and negates Strikeback/Reflex, so it is a nice replacement for a normal attack. Conceal is one of the most underrated abilities in the entire game. You can't attack what you can't see, and you won't see me until it is far too late. Actually among the weakest of my Viera units, since she joins as a Fencer, with lower attack and much lower speed when compared to my Assassin based ones, I still like using Ritz just because she's awesome, and it will give you an idea of what you'd be up against with my faster and more deadly Assassins.

Name: Marche
Job: Paladin
HP: 379
MP: 169
Weapon Atk: 625
Weapon Def: 533
Magic Pow: 406
Magic Res: 500
Speed: 193

Equipment:
Sequence: Witness its power, ye foolish mortals.
Bangaa Helm: High defense, looks fairly snazzy, but I will change it out for a ring when facing people who can hit me with status attacks (the computer never gets a chance :D)
Peytral: I'm sorry, did you hit me?
Genji Armlets: Nice stats, and better than a shield, IMHO.
Ninja Tabi: A Paladin with 7 move. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

Abilities:
Chivalry
Hunt
Strikeback
Concentrate
Knight Combo

Again with all abilities mastered, Marche is set up for sheer power. With the highest attack of any of your guys posted characters, he can dish it out like no other (even without resorting to Double Sword), especially when I power up his Ultima Shot, Holy Blade, or Sidewinder. If I dual wield with this powerhouse, he has higher attack, but I prefer concentrate, especially when dealing with sneaky thieves and such, or when trying to hit with the incredibly powerful Aim: Vitals (which can reduce your HP to 1 depending on what status it causes) or other status moves. Not as versatile as my Viera, but he doesn't need to be, he just kills stuff before it gets to be a problem. And never underestimate the power of Hunting and Mateus. An alternative setup is to make him a Hunter, with Chivalry or Blue Magic A-Abilites, for longer range and more versatility, but this set up is much more fun. And I can, of course, set him up to use my Level? S-Flare strategy if I have another Blue Mage.

Name: Montblanc
Job: Gunner
HP: 374
MP: 192
Weapon Atk: 552
Weapon Def: 601
Magic Pow: 413
Magic Res: 572
Speed: 152

Equipment:
Calling Gun: Range and power, kupo.
Acacia Hat: Of course I'm going to have him wear this thing, kupo.
Temple Cloth: More power, kupo kupo!
Genji Armlets: Um, they're awesome, kupopo, what more needs be said?
Caligula: Usually his movement and the range of his gun is enough that I don't need to use the Ninja Tabi on this little guy, but I'm willing to change, kupo. I will also change for a ring, kupo kupo, if I'm facing status causing foes.

Abilities:
Gunmanship
Charge
Counter
Concentrate
Gun Combo

Actually one of the characters I am least satisfied with, kupo kupo, due to poor stat growth in the classes I chose to raise my Moogles as, I don't have a Moogle I'm really fond of, kupo, though I'm raising one on my other file. This guy is all about ranged decimation. Hitting someone with an 8 square Ultima is nice, but it is only a portion of this little guy's kupo abilities. Charmshot can make my enemies fight for me, kupopo, and Mog Attack has sent several dozen enemies flying off cliffs to their deaths, kupo. Never underestimate knockback, kupo kupo!

Name: Pallanza
Job: Defender
HP: 445
MP: 147
Weapon Atk: 647
Weapon Def: 599
Magic Pow: 352
Magic Res: 407
Speed: 155

Equipment:
Excalibur 2: Power. Raw power, and lotsss of it.
Bangaa Helm: Defenssse, though again I'll sswitch for a ring when fighting sstatusss using enemies.
Materia Armor: I can only get one Peytral, unfortunately.
Genji Armlets: Again, they are ssimply awesssome.
Ninja Tabi: Sspeedy, though I can sswitch for the Caligula if I like.

Abilities:
Defend
Spellblade Tech
Strikeback
Weapon Atk+
Defend Combo

Again, all abilitiess masstered. Thiss guy iss even more powerful than Marche, and hass ssome pretty neato abilities too. A powerhoussse with excellent attack and defensse sskillsss. Though Expert Guard iss highly overrated, ssince it would be usseless against an intelligent human opponent.

Name: Belnini
Job: Black Mage
HP: 404
MP: 481
Weapon Atk: 485
Weapon Def: 487
Magic Pow: 615
Magic Res: 520
Speed: 156

Equipment:
Sapere Aude: Much faster than morphing, yet still a magical font of power the strength of which cannot be denied.
Black Hat: It looks cool, and has a boost to magic power, but I'll switch it for a ring if need be.
Magic Robe: Nice little robe, though I may switch to a Black Robe for the minor elemental damage boost if I want to.
Star Armlet: Snazzy accessory.
Star Armlet: Double the fun! May also exchange for another ring. Genji Armlets don't have the magic boost, so I don't use them, and, since this character is slow anyway, I don't usually bother with Ninja Tabi.

Abilities:
Black Magic
Sagacity Skill
Reflex
Geomancy
Black Combo

This setup teaches all who face it the dark, terrible power of magic used properly. While this guy doesn't have the sheer magical power of Ezel (who's magical power is totally useless, since he has no attack spells >.<), he is nonetheless capable of killing anything foolish enough to step in his way. While he's slow, he has massive MP, and the power to fry, freeze, or bake anything that gets in his way, and the awesome healing spell Raise in addition. Encountering this dude's souped up Thundaga/Blizzaga/Firaga is painful.

Of course, those strategies assume that they would be used alone. With teamwork, new possibilities arise...

Oh, and taking out six Bangaa, even with Auto Raise, would be no problem. I'd also have six units. Six speedy Humans. Six uses of Mateus. Bye bye, Bangaa.

Fireblade13
09-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Sky You gave lini a Heartattack! He was lvl 43 before being erased and was just now learning the way of the gunner he was trying to use Concentrate to make a Kupolicous Beatdown from 8 squares away.

When i get lvl 35+ units then i will post them. Now that i know how to train my units for awesome stats (not a problem with those numou).

llednar22
11-16-2007, 09:03 AM
what do you mean about limitless potential equips????