PDA

View Full Version : does vincnet really deserve his own game?

cloudbuster7
08-18-2006, 08:08 AM
honestly, because cloud kicks his ass. also vincent was only a OPTIONAL character.
barret diserves a shooter. even though the story wouldn't have been that good.

Masamunemaster
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM
HELL YEAH

actually no he deserves his own series

Orophin
08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Vincent's story wasn't developed a lot in FFVII so I think it was a good idea to put him and not Barret. What kind of story could they have made from Barret? We already know his past and all.

kawakami Gensai
08-18-2006, 05:20 PM
HELL YEAH

Amen!

Conflagration
08-18-2006, 05:29 PM
A shooter with Barret would have sucked. Also why are you saying Cloud kicks ass? You think Cloud should get his own game? Cloud was already the main focus in FFVII and AC, and that's more than enough. Vincent is also a lot cooler than Cloud, IMO.

ValkyrieWing
08-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Vincent had a mysterious past that needed to be resolved. Besides, he needed a game...

Masamunemaster
08-18-2006, 06:19 PM
HELL YEAH

Amen!

good somebody agrees

Vincent's Inferno
08-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Vincent definitley needs this. It gives info on his background more anyways and plus who wants barret!

cloudbuster7
08-18-2006, 09:58 PM
personally, i think that square is just trying to get more money by adding on crappy parts to a great story. to me advent children was enough, and maybe crisis core because you want to know what happened with zack. but i think that the whole (i don't know how to do spoiler coding so i won't say the whole thing) hojo thing at the end was just a way to make more money.

Raven Nox
08-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Square Enix is a company. Everything they do is to make money. Just sit back and try to enjoy what they throw at you.

I like that they tried to explain Vincent more. And the story may not be groundbreaking, but it's interesting at least. Vincent really was the key to some important background info that was never quite explained, so DoC wasn't really a bad addition to FF7 to me. And personally, I was more interested in finding out what happened to Vincent, than I am with Zack.

And I have a feeling a shooter with Barret would be boring. What would be the point? His story was explained quite enough in FF7.

Distain
08-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Ya it's good that Vincent has his own now. His story has developed into somthing way bigger than what it was firsr thought to be. Plus he probably hs the most fanboys after him, aside from Cloud. His story was probably the easyest to make a game out of too, since it's a shooter, and Beret's story would be kinda boring as a stand-alone thing. And just wait this is only the begining. Soon they'l comeout with a Tifa Lockhart fighter game, and a Cid Highwind piloting game. And for my final note....Cloud rules! *sprints off and dives behind anti-Vincent fan shield*

*~Angel Wing~*
08-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Vincent definitley needs this. It gives info on his background more anyways and plus who wants barret!
Yes, I think Vincent DEFINETLY deserved it. :love: :up: Out of all the FFVII characters, I think he is the most interesting to make a game about. I like Tifa a lot too. But I agree, NOT Barret. :nonono:

cloudbuster7
08-19-2006, 06:24 AM
haha i think everyone misunderstood me. if they make a barret shooter, i want them to make it a "blow **** up" kind of thing, you know? not for the story. but barrets style is funnier than vincent, it's just... you know, more playstation style.
but all in all vincent did deserve his own game. but cloud to me is still better
*jumps behind the same anti-vincent sheild*

Zeromus_X
08-19-2006, 07:50 AM
It really doesn't matter all that much, since he already has a game for him anyway and all. :cat:

Vincent/Reeve and Kitten Sith to the rescue! :cat:

G SpOtZ
08-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Barret doesn't have a cool red cape.

I Am Stoner
08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Barret doesn't have a cool red cape.

LEGEND!!!!!:)

Reeno the Alchemist
08-19-2006, 03:16 PM
vincent needs this and who cares about stupid barret all he did was cuss in every other sentence now vincent he was cool and his gun is totally kick arse and not to mention hes sexy he needs this and i cant wait to get it so nya

zeilov_khaschante
08-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I think Vincent deserve for it! He is unique, isn't it? And misterious...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I used to not like Vincent so much, but I started liking him more. Yeah, it makes more sense to make a game about Vincent b/c his character was the most underdeveloped. That gives them plenty of freedom in DoC. I'm not sure what you could do with Barret. You already know more about his past, and his future isn't too interesting, unless they come up with something more interesting than finding alternate energy sources. Although, having a different protagonist personality would be interesting, although I like Cloud's personality the best. *hides next to cloudbuster7 under the anti-Vincent fan shield*

cloudbuster7
08-20-2006, 07:33 AM
so all in all from what i've seen, many people do think he needs his own game.
but should vincent have been an optional character in the game?
because if he weren't, the story would have been explained more in ffvii.
also in the game, do you guys think it would have been better if vincent couldn't control himself in the past, so HE killed lucretcia.

chronic_Maniac
08-20-2006, 08:49 AM
dosen't vincent have jenova cells in him also? i hope he turns into a puppet and makes a FF7-2 haha.

SammieBabe
08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Square Enix is a company. Everything they do is to make money. Just sit back and try to enjoy what they throw at you.

I like that they tried to explain Vincent more. And the story may not be groundbreaking, but it's interesting at least. Vincent really was the key to some important background info that was never quite explained, so DoC wasn't really a bad addition to FF7 to me. And personally, I was more interested in finding out what happened to Vincent, than I am with Zack.

And I have a feeling a shooter with Barret would be boring. What would be the point? His story was explained quite enough in FF7.

I'm with Noxie. First off, if they aren't trying to make money, they've failed as a company. And besides, profits from this game are probably funding future products. :)
And I agree about Vincent's story too. Who wouldn't be interested in the background story of a guy you find in a coffin in the basement of a house?
And while Barret was an integral character in the story, he had no depth beyond what we saw on the screen. I doubt he'd done anything that needed explaination...