PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my mouse?!

Peter_20
08-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Alright, yesterday my mouse stopped responding, and I somehow made it in here by navigating with the TAB button.
I know you might think "the batteries need recharging, lol", but that's not the reason: my batteries are incredibly recharged, and the mouse shines red (in other words, it works); but still it doesn't respond!
What's the problem? :mad:

bipper
08-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Alright, yesterday my mouse stopped responding, and I somehow made it in here by navigating with the TAB button.
I know you might think "the batteries need recharging, lol", but that's not the reason: my batteries are incredibly recharged, and the mouse shines red (in other words, it works); but still it doesn't respond!
What's the problem? :mad:

Mice don't have batteries silly. Try feeding him cheese. If he does not respond and you have to beat him with your TAB key, I think he may be dead.

My condolences.

Make sure its plugged it?

Peter_20
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I can't highlight that SPOILER, so please don't use SPOILERS. :)

bipper
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
OH lol. I said make sure its plugged it :)

Flying Mullet
08-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Mice don't have batteries silly. Try feeding him cheese. If he does not respond and you have to beat him with your TAB key, I think he may be dead.
Okay, that's scary, I was going to respond with the same post about not feeding your mouse.

Peter_20, what kind of mouse is it? Wireless or wired, optical or old-fashioned ball-type, etc...

Peter_20
08-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Bantam:

It's a wireless mouse for a DELL Dimension 5000 computer, and it gives off this red light when it works.

Rye
08-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Wireless Mouses (mice? xD) that come with computers just suck. The one I had for the PC always went nuts, wouldn't click properly, etc.

Xander
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah wireless suck ;_; Optical are good but if you get a hair in them they can go crazy sometimes xD Pretty red light...you can get them cheap too, so get one of those. ^_^

Zeldy
08-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I have a wireless mouse AND keyboard. Photoshop is really hard as it keeps clicking things ;___;

Flying Mullet
08-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I have a wireless mouse and I love it. So phooey on y'all. :p

How does the mouse connect to the computer? Usually there's a transmitter/reciever plugged into the mouse/USB port on your computer. Check that and make sure it's plugged in. Have you installed anything new that might have affected your mouse drivers? Go to your Control Panel (assuming you're running Windows) and go to the System contol panel. Under the Hardware tab go to the Device Manager. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section and see if your mouse shows up with a yellow exclamation point. If it does it means something is wrong with it. You can always click on it anyway and try to troubleshoot it from there.

bipper
08-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Okay, that's scary, I was going to respond with the same post about not feeding your mouse.

I'ma CLONE! With supperior coding taste :king:

{like I said, make sure the doohicky that makes it work is plugged in} Also Give you mouse a bath (clean it) and feed it (make sure the battaries (rechargable or not) are not at fault)

rubah
08-18-2006, 06:28 PM
No one needs mice. A keyboard is all you need. Tab, alt tab, ctrl tab, ctrl t, ctrl w, windows key d, home, end, page up and down, who could possibly ask for more?

bipper
08-18-2006, 06:29 PM
who could possibly ask for more?
A guy with out a keyboard :confused:

rubah
08-18-2006, 06:56 PM
He can stick a fork into his keyboard port at precise intervals to recreate the current necessary to create characters.

Flying Mullet
08-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Is this how you communicate with your computer rubah?

Peter_20
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
It works now! :)
I actually think my brother attempted to fix it a while ago, and he managed, it seems. :D

Still, thanks everyone. :beer:

bipper - now I can read your SPOILER. :D

Any moderator can execute some serious lock-the-thread-ness now; it's up to you. :cool:

bipper
08-18-2006, 07:20 PM
It wasn't plugged in, was it ? :love:

Peter_20
08-18-2006, 07:24 PM
It wasn't plugged in, was it ? :love:I have no idea, really. :eek:
I'm a total n00b when it comes to technical computer stuff. :rolleyes2

I THINK my brother was talking about som plug-in thingies, but I really ain't sure.
It doesn't really matter anymore, though; the mouse works. :thumb:

The Devil Man
08-18-2006, 07:31 PM
It works now! :)
I actually think my brother attempted to fix it a while ago, and he managed, it seems. :D

Still, thanks everyone. :beer:

bipper - now I can read your SPOILER. :D

Any moderator can execute some serious lock-the-thread-ness now; it's up to you. :cool:

Hooray!!!

A happy ending :)

I love stories with happy endings :love: Yippee!

crono_logical
08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Normally if that happens for a wireless mouse, first thing I do is press the Connect button on it's underside then on the base station to make them see each other again, since they've usually lost each other somehow :p

bipper
08-18-2006, 09:07 PM
He can stick a fork into his keyboard port at precise intervals to recreate the current necessary to create characters.

good point

Flying Mullet
08-18-2006, 09:25 PM
And nothing brings a tear to cl_out's eye faster than a mouse that's lost it's way home. :cry:

bipper
08-18-2006, 11:57 PM
And nothing brings a tear to cl_out's eye faster than a mouse that's lost it's way home. :cry:

cl_out in kindegarten-Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that fucking MOUSE!

Samuraid
08-21-2006, 04:35 AM
For future reference, always:
- Press the connect button on the wireless receiver and the mouse.
- Make sure you plug the mouse receiver into the USB port before plugging in the computer power cord. (some Dells actually require this, for some strange reason)
- Make sure you have the correct mouse drivers installed.

Xaven
08-21-2006, 04:49 AM
You don't need a mouse to read spoilers. Ctrl + A ftw.