PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos. Do you love them or hate them?

The Devil Man
08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
This Poll is open to everyone but, hehe :D, it's more for the ladies.

I'm a guy and next week I am gonna get my body slaughtered by having tattoo's all over my chest and back. Can't wait! It's gonna be a world of pain! Yippee and all that... The tattoo's look way too cool and I been dreaming about it for, like, the past 9 months. I'm not even gonna be able to walk by the end of next week, but it's gonna be great :love: :love: :love:

Anyway's, I'm wondering... what do you think of tattoo's on guys? Do you love 'em or hate 'em? I'm, uhhh, naturally hoping you girlie gals love 'em... but write down and let me know what you think :D I wanna see if there is any reason I should be having second thoughts on my body butchering adventure.

FFVIII Fan
08-18-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't mind them really.

Jowy
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I've got one tattoo on my neck of a black star.

They're addicting. I want more. <3

Moon Rabbits
08-18-2006, 06:26 PM
I have a homemade tattoo on my ankle of a heart that looks rather terrible. I did it with a safety pin and indian ink, I think it probably was more painful than a real tattoo (because I was tearing the skin instead of puncturing it several thousand times).

I'd like professional tattoos, I think they're sexy.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-18-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't like them. They're a turnoff

Zeldy
08-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I love them! I want some myself, but not rediculously huge ones, just small ones :)

bipper
08-18-2006, 06:37 PM
They can be ultra sexy on the ladies. Guys, I don't get sexied over, but my opinion states that tattoed men are fine, as long as they do not do the emo-ghetoo tear thing. :mad2:

Vikeve
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Depends what look your going for but i like them, i think men that have them look good. Ofcourse not all over your body i really do think you should reconsider.

After all when you get older and wrinkly its gonna look ugly. There permanent so be carefull and dont over do it. Some guys look great with them but not all of them. hope everything workd out for you.:)

Avarice-ness
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
No big deal to me, I have one on my left shoulder. :razz:

Edit: Well there is a point were it's bad, 'specially for girls. My cousin has... one large tattoo on the top of each foot, a tattoo covering each wrist, a tattoo on the inside of her lip, a tattoo on her hip and I'm sure there's more, plus she just got the outlines for a half sleeve and she's getting it colored in in a week. She wants to be a fashion designer............ FOR PEOPLE LIKE AMBERCROMBI AND FITCH. When her tattoo's on her feet are matching skulls and she looks like she should be Designing Tripp, We don't think she's going to be able to get the best job when she can't hide her numerous large tattoo's that cover her.
-That's- when they're bad, when you can't cover them up because they're to big or in a bad place or something.

Arrianna
08-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Don't, just don't.

I used to think tats were cool until I met people who had had them for years. Your body will not stay the same shape for your lifetime and when the shape changes it will not look good. At all. I also know too many people who wish they had never gotten them. Do you know how much it costs to remove tatto's? How painful it is?

If you are going to get one keep it tasteful and easily conceilable just in case you want to go into a feild where it would impact your job.

bipper
08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Do they use white ink on black people?

I asked my black friend this, he got a laugh out of it.

starseeker
08-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I think tattoos are cool.

Miriel
08-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Tattoos are ridiculous.

Sylvie
08-18-2006, 07:33 PM
I guess small tattoos in easily concealed areas are fine. I think huge ones all over the place on anybody looks creepy though.

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 07:34 PM
AS a horny teen tatts....punk-ish hair and all of that GREAT stuff is ultra sexy on a girl...but as time goes on...

An your tatts get wringled because of your skin and they look horrible and when you have lost 10 jobs for trying to be cool and different punking yourself out....

time just speaks for itself then, doesnt it?

I Am Stoner
08-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I would never get a tattoo on myself, but, I don't mind them on women, as long as they dont get in the way of....... Anything. If ya know what I mean.;):love:

edczxcvbnm
08-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Hellz NO! Tattoos are dumber than a bake sale for monkeys.

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I would never get a tattoo on myself, but, I don't mind them, as long as they dont get in the way of....... Anything. If ya know what I mean.;):love:

*Lovehurts is in the dark *

*wonders what he/she means*

I Am Stoner
08-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Umm..... I dunno if I should say what I mean.

Edit: Ok, lets just say, not for the under 18s and always use a condom.

Plus, tattoos on womens neck/sholder/butt is cool. I like that.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-18-2006, 07:41 PM
You won´t like your tattoos when you´re like 70 years old.

Dreddz
08-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Tattoos are one of those things you regret after having it finished......like really regret.

The Devil Man
08-18-2006, 07:47 PM
It doesn't matter about when I am 70 years old. I am gonna be too old to care about a whole bunch of stuff when I am that age! And besides, I am pretty fit and slim right now and the body remains in good, tight, elasic shape until your about 50 or so.

I should be more clearer on the tattoo's. They are 'tribal' design and only one colour: Black. They are gonna be around my stomach, at the top of my back and in the middle of my back. I am not going to have them on my shoulders or wrists or anything like that. It's just on my actual body and just one, cool colour.

bipper
08-18-2006, 07:48 PM
If you've paid more than a quater for a tattoo you have paid too much.

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Take a permanet marker and just scribble all over your arm or face wherever you want the tatt. Then you'll know how its going to feel right away..for as soon as you're bored of your tatt.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes but when you get over 50 or 60 fat is going to acumulate on your stomach and lombar region and people won´t really be able to tell if it´s from the Komanshi tribe or the ahhhh Redneck tribe...

Personally i think you´ll regret it but maybe not...

Arrianna
08-18-2006, 07:58 PM
It doesn't matter about when I am 70 years old. I am gonna be too old to care about a whole bunch of stuff when I am that age! And besides, I am pretty fit and slim right now and the body remains in good, tight, elasic shape until your about 50 or so.Ah, not necesarily. Mine changed around 26 (when I had my first kid) my husbands when he was about the same age and got a desk job. Lifestyles change.

I should be more clearer on the tattoo's. They are 'tribal' design and only one colour: Black. They are gonna be around my stomach, at the top of my back and in the middle of my back. I am not going to have them on my shoulders or wrists or anything like that. It's just on my actual body and just one, cool colour.Are you from the tribe they originate? Because if the answer is no I would very much not recomend it. Tribal tatto's are like getting Kanji and hoping that the tatto artist doesn't accidently put them upside down, add the "this side up" symbol, or accidently put something on that really translates into "diarrhea". If it's not your background/heritage you will often end up looking like a twit.

A seriouse suggestion though? Try Henna tattoing first. It will last for months and is one color. It's a good way to see if you can stand it before making a permenant decision.

kikimm
08-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I hate tattoos. It's maiming the beautiful body you already have. I like seeing nice skin. Having the ink get in the way is blegh. I'm not trying to convince you out of it though, do whatever the hell you want.;) That's how I've always felt about them, though.

Raven Nox
08-18-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't like large tattoos. Small ones in one or two places are alright, but I don't really care for those either that much. I think ones that are all over your body look horrible though. I'd never get a tattoo myself, they really just don't appeal to me.

The Devil Man
08-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Hmmm...

I must say, these last two or three Posts are really making me have some serious second thoughts.

Damn... the designs I want are really beautiful. They're not evil or anything, they are just really beautiful designs...

I must think harder on this.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-18-2006, 08:22 PM
You could put one of those temporary tattoos and see what the results are then if you´re not happy you could remove them...my bet is that you ain´t gonna be happy.

Mirage
08-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Small ones can be nice. And they should be concealable. Piercings however, are just bleh.

Shoeberto
08-18-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't like tats. I think they're pretty hideous.

The Devil Man
08-18-2006, 08:27 PM
You could put one of those temporary tattoos and see what the results are then if you´re not happy you could remove them...my bet is that you ain´t gonna be happy.

Yeah, i think I am gonna have to put more thought into this. If some people here have bad opinions on them, then obviously more people in, uhhhh, the 'real world' will think along the same lines.

I'll have to be more careful.

I wish I could show the designs of the tattoo's I am thinking of having done. I have them on my PC but have no idea how to load them up here.

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 08:30 PM

Yeah, i think I am gonna have to put more thought into this. If some people here have bad opinions on them, then obviously more people in, uhhhh, the 'real world' will think along the same lines.

I wish I could show the designs of the tattoo's I am thinking of having done. I have them on my PC but have no idea how to load them up here.

Get a free acount at photobucket

If you don't mind telling me or us, I was wondering what is your main reason for considering the tatts in the 1st place? The main reason...?

bipper
08-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Forget that! I wanna know the Secondary reason!

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-18-2006, 08:34 PM

Get a free acount at photobucket

If you don't mind telling me or us, I was wondering what is your main reason for considering the tatts in the 1st place? The main reason...?

That is also a question that i have been wondering....i once watched a show about tattoos called Miami Ink and the reason why some people made tattoos were because they wanted to remember a departed friend or family member or because they had a disease but survived and stuff like that...

YunaGirl05
08-18-2006, 08:34 PM
I like them sometimes when they have some meaning to them i don't like when people have tatoos just to be a rebel

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Forget that! I wanna know the Secondary reason!

:mad2: ....:p :p :p :(

He'll never tell......WHAHAHAHAH!

Mythra
08-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I personally like them, not ones that would cover the entire body, but I think that back pieces or sleeves really show an artists talent and the person's dedication to getting the tattoo. I am looking forward to getting one after I graduate high school, I'm just running some designs through my head and trying to think of the best one to get first that won't cost me a crapload of money right out of high school. I would say to the original poster, don't worry about what other people think on here, its your body and do what you want with it, but your the one that has to live with it for you entire life (unless you get it removed). Now if your worried about getting a job, then just get your tattoo(s) in easily conceilable places. At least thats what I think.

NorthernChaosGod
08-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Tattoos are awesome. I'm going to be getting plenty as soon as I get the money for them. :cool:

Aurons_Desciple
08-19-2006, 12:50 AM
I love tatts, down here in NZ we have some great Maori designs that look so awesome, that's the only kind of tattoo that i would get

Anaisa
08-19-2006, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't like to have any myself. I like things to match. An the tattoo obviously wouldn't match all my outfits. I like looking at tattoos I can laugh at. I saw a man at the zoo who had a Tiger tattoo on his arm, it was funny, because the Tiger had an overly freindly looking face, an it was lifting it's paw in a camp fashion.

Psychotic
08-19-2006, 02:51 AM
I don't love them and I don't hate them. I just can't see the point in them. People usually get them to try to impress other people, or for some totally deep and meaningful reason which is irrelevant in five years.

fantasyjunkie
08-19-2006, 03:36 AM
When I was 18 I walked into a parlor to get a tatto but chickened out when I saw the guy with that gun :(

Moon Rabbits
08-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Small ones can be nice. And they should be concealable. Piercings however, are just bleh.

LIES.

I have 3 piercings, two lip and one ear. I gave myself the ear piercing. I plan to get several more (at least ten). Septume, several ear piercings, three tongue, two eyebrow, nose, corsette, and more.

NorthernChaosGod
08-19-2006, 08:16 AM
I have 3 piercings, two lip

Snake bite?

Jess
08-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Eeesh. I like tattoo's, aslong as they aren't covered in them or are huge and aslong as they can be covered by clothing and aren't on display all the time.

I love my tattoo, and I don't regret having it done one bit. :jess:

The Devil Man
08-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Eeesh. I like tattoo's, aslong as they aren't covered in them or are huge and aslong as they can be covered by clothing and aren't on display all the time.

I love my tattoo, and I don't regret having it done one bit. :jess:

Where do you have yours jess?

Jess
08-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Where do you have yours jess?
On the bottom of my back of a moon and a star. :jess:

The Devil Man
08-19-2006, 02:13 PM
That's a pretty cool place to have 'em Jess because you can easily cover it up with your hair.

Anyway, after much consideration i've decided i'm just gonna get them around my waist and on my upper legs. I really want the designs, they are just too cool, but having them on my back would probably not be such a wise idea. I just really want them! They look too cool not to have.

feona17
08-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Personally, and Dellas you know this :exdee:, if you look anything like this it's disgusting.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9103/travisfi2.jpg

Just make sure you are serious about it, and that they are not covering your whole body. Also, make sure you won't regret it when you're 60. That's my opinion but yeah.

Rusty
08-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I like tattoo's, just on guys. I love my Dad's tattoo and could never imagine him without it. I don't like tattoo's on girls, because I think it just makes them more masculine and less beautiful.

pixie_demon
08-21-2006, 01:48 PM
i have one large tattoo and i am getting my next tattoo next week (small one) and my girlfriend has a large tattoo.

my tattoo is on my lower back. im telling you right now if you dont like the feeling of a salty knife cutting over and over the same spot on freshly sunburnt skin... and dont think you can put up with that pain for 4 hours... dont do it. wish someone had of told me thats what it felt like... i probably would have thought about it for 5 more minutes :D

i love my tatt. its a large black tribal patterned butterfly. my girl has an angel in the same place. i think that if it truly means somethin to you then get it. no boy/girl friends names... only kids names are worthy of a tattoo i think. relationships fail but you will always love your family.

i dont like unhidable tatts. im getting a thin armband of tiny rainbow stars and thats easy to hide. and noone hardly sees the one on my back... it very personal meaning.

my advice: think about it long and hard :mog: :love:

Venom
08-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I like tatoos.

Peegee
08-21-2006, 05:47 PM
When I was hanging out with "TheAbominatrix" she said she loves guys with tattoos and muscles.

Essentially to answer this question I'll be general: it's a tattoo and girls have preferences. This is akin to asking 'hay gurls due u liek a beard on a gai?'

Girls will answer differently. Just answer this question for me: do you like girls who like tattoos?

The Devil Man
08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
i have one large tattoo and i am getting my next tattoo next week (small one) and my girlfriend has a large tattoo.

my tattoo is on my lower back. im telling you right now if you dont like the feeling of a salty knife cutting over and over the same spot on freshly sunburnt skin... and dont think you can put up with that pain for 4 hours... dont do it. wish someone had of told me thats what it felt like... i probably would have thought about it for 5 more minutes :D

i love my tatt. its a large black tribal patterned butterfly. my girl has an angel in the same place. i think that if it truly means somethin to you then get it. no boy/girl friends names... only kids names are worthy of a tattoo i think. relationships fail but you will always love your family.

i dont like unhidable tatts. im getting a thin armband of tiny rainbow stars and thats easy to hide. and noone hardly sees the one on my back... it very personal meaning.

my advice: think about it long and hard :mog: :love:

I've been thinking long and hard on it for a week and I think your Post has just clinched the deal for me :)

I know how much pain is involved and I am pretty nervous, BUT... i don't care! It's only gonna be for an hour or so and the tattoo i am getting on Thursday is well worth the pain and suffering. It's gorgeous and I'm having it just below my stomach. I'll get the rest of them throughout September, one by one. The only thing to REALLY think about with tattoo's is where to place them, but I know the answer to that now :)

And pure ghetto... i LOVE girls with tattoo's! Absolutely adore them! The more tattoo's on a girl, the much, much, MUCH better!

GhandiOwnsYou
08-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Umm..... I dunno if I should say what I mean.

Edit: Ok, lets just say, not for the under 18s and always use a condom.

Plus, tattoos on womens neck/sholder/butt is cool. I like that.

...Most ill concieved comment ever. I've yet to see, and find it hard to concieve of a tattoo that would prevent anyone from succesfully copulating.

Aside from that moronic display... My advice to anyone getting a tattoo is to NEVER, EVER EVER pull from a flash sheet. *Flash being the premade designs at a parlor that mean nothing, they just look pretty* Don't get a "Design" or "pattern" or "Tribal" and for god sakes stop with the freaking butterflys and vines.

The reason for this is, they don't MEAN anything. look at the people that hate their tattoos and want them removed. sparrows and butterflies and little tribal things. They don't mean anything, they don't have a story behind it. anything that you want tattooed on you for life should be representative of a memory you treasure. I have two tattoos. One is a set of torches, which relates via a long story to two people I have loved like brothers for 13 years now. The other is the logo from a skate company. Both of these bring up very specific and very powerful fond memories and feelings, and that's the reason i will never get tired of them. When my torches start to fade and distort, i'll still know exactly what they are and what they represent, and i'll be proud to still sport that mishapen blob for the rest of my life.

If you can't say that about your tattoos, the tattoo is merely something to promote your ego, and is utterly pointless and worthless.

So if you love tribals, get a Maori tattoo that says "Fisherman" to remind you of times with your father. Get your mothers favorite flower on your hip. Get a concert stub for a show you went to your best friend, because nothing is more aggravating to a true lover of tattoos than when you ask someone what that rose on their wrist is for and they go "Oh, it's nothing, i just saw it on the wall and it was so pretty!"

NorthernChaosGod
08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
a salty knife cutting over and over the same spot on freshly sunburnt skin
Everyone I know that has tattoos has always said it doesn't hurt, except for the people that got tattoos that circle the bicep and tricep. It depends where.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I love my tattoos, especially the one I got after me and Iceglow got engaged, cause I designed it myself. Tattoos on guys, (or girls) can look amazing, but it depends on the person, as to a style or size looks good, that and I've read a lot about tatooing, and seen lots of pictures of tattoos, some places just shouldn't be tattooed. EVER! *shudders*

BardTard
08-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm not a fan of tattoos. Especially when someone covers their entire body in them. They're okay though. I wouldn't get one. Except maybe the Balamb Garden sign, but I'd probably get sick if I even tried getting it done. lol

pixie_demon
08-21-2006, 11:26 PM
GhandiOwnsYou
Aside from that moronic display... My advice to anyone getting a tattoo is to NEVER, EVER EVER pull from a flash sheet. *Flash being the premade designs at a parlor that mean nothing, they just look pretty* Don't get a "Design" or "pattern" or "Tribal" and for god sakes stop with the freaking butterflys and vines.

hmm i think its amusing that you want to go on about getting tattoos that mean some thing to you (specifically butterflies) yet you have a skate brand logo tattooed on you. do you really honestly think that it 20 years time you are not going to regret getting a brand name tattooed on you?

I have two tattoos. One is a set of torches, which relates via a long story to two people I have loved like brothers for 13 years now. The other is the logo from a skate company. "[/

i have a butterfly... and it holds a very strong emotional feeling for me. i dont want to divulge that because it is extremly personal, but i can promise you that it means more than your skateboard tattoo.

the torches tattoo sounds beautiful. now that is a good idea for a tattoo. i totally agree about flash sheets because then you just have something that makes you as much of an individual as the other 50 thousand people with the same tattoo.

but yeah... thats my two cents :)

Giga Guess
08-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Since I have 3 now, I think my answer is fairly obvious.

The Unknown Guru
08-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I don't want one, but i especially don't want my mom to have one.

NorthernChaosGod
08-23-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't want one, but i especially don't want my mom to have one.

Why not? My mom has one, it represents all three of her kids, myself, my brother, and my sister.

eestlinc
08-23-2006, 03:02 AM
i might get ne if i ever though of some design that i would want permanently on my body. i've been thinking for at least five years, though, and haven't come up with anything, so it doesn't seem likely I ever will.