PDA

View Full Version : Buying off Ebay

riku brave
08-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Do any of you know how safe it is to buy stuff off of Ebay? Like games, or are there any other places to buy older games that aren't being made anymore?

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Do any of you know how safe it is to buy stuff off of Ebay? Like games, or are there any other places to buy older games that aren't being made anymore?

I have done many succesfull and enjoyable transactions over ebay to recieve star wars playsets and originall kenner toys. I admitt sometimes things go wrong but that is rare and I just move on and get it right away from some one else on ebay.

I give ebay a 9.98 our of 10.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I've bought on eBay many times in the past. I usually check the reviews for any given seller to see what their record is. If they have a lot of good reviews, it's usually safe.

lovehurts
08-18-2006, 08:37 PM
I've bought on eBay many times in the past. I usually check the reviews for any given seller to see what their record is. If they have a lot of good reviews, it's usually safe.

YES!!! IT is also so so much FUN!!! I love outbidding others and the challenge. If you win it feels so good!:D

Old Manus
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm currently looking to buy Resident Evil 1 for the Playstation. You can get some really good deals on there, and things are usually cheap enough to take the risk.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm currently looking to sell Resident Evil 1 for the Playstation. You can get some really good buyers on there, and there are usually enough suckers there to take the risk.

Old Manus
08-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Holy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, can I buy it

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Step into my office young lad and we shall do business

bipper
08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Welcome to Eoffbay.

Xander
08-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I think I've had around 70 successful transactions on ebay... no 85.. xD And only one thing that didnt turn up and then they refunded me =) I wouldn't buy anything over about £50 though. Bought a mobile phone from there once, great bargain for what it was.

loinharte
08-18-2006, 10:28 PM
i got my FFIX, PSP, digital cam, and a pair of huntin boots for my dad.
All nice and good no scratches tairs or anything.

black orb
08-18-2006, 10:39 PM
>>> There are some very bad sellers out there, but if you have credit card/paypal I guess you wont have problems..
I just can pay with money order, and lots of sellers are too lazy to accept that kind of payment, specially the ones from North America those are the laziest..

kikimm
08-19-2006, 01:04 AM
I only buy from there when I can't get what I want anywhere else. It's last resort. If only everything was Buy it Now. I hate bidding. I like the guarantee and I hate competition. Lame! Go amazon.

nik0tine
08-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Ebay is perfectly safe. I've only ever had a problem with it once.

Meat Puppet
08-19-2006, 01:22 AM
The only problems I have ever had with eBay have to do with some people overpricing what they are selling. Other than that, everything I've bought off eBay has been satisfactory.

Madame Adequate
08-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Nobody I know has had a problem with eBay which didn't get sorted out very quickly after it being raised, and those problems crop up very rarely.

I like amazon a lot as well, you can find some excellent things there.

Tasura
08-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Ive bought off of eBay, I had no problems at all, and like Void said, just look at the sellers revies, if theyve gotten alot of bad ones I wouldnt buy from them.

Dreddz
08-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Ebay is addicting, I use it for nearly all my game purchises, as all my games are imported...
Make sure to check feedback, thats all I really care about...

fantasyjunkie
08-19-2006, 03:34 AM
Ebay is addicting, I use it for nearly all my game purchises, as all my games are imported...
Make sure to check feedback, thats all I really care about...

YES! Check the feedback on the sellers, Dreddz is right. I have been shopping off of Ebay for 6 years and have not had a problem yet.

Sylvie
08-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Its safe. Just check the feedback, contact the seller and ask them about the item if you win, make sure they are nice. I've only had one problem with eBay, and that was fixed up quickly.

Rusty
08-19-2006, 03:57 AM
I am always shopping on eBay and have done for years. It's really safe. Just be cautious as a buyer - check feedback etc.

Fuego
08-19-2006, 04:48 AM
E-Bay KICKS A$$ ~ !!!!!!!
except the last thing i tried to by i payed for it and never received it :(
It was a kick ass guitar ... i cried a little i think >.<

Moon Rabbits
08-19-2006, 07:00 AM
The only time I ever bought off eBay was to replace my little sisters Beanie Baby of a lamb that she lost after receiving it from our now deceased grandmother. I had no problems and am very grateful to the seller because the Beanie Baby means alot to my little sister.

Reles
08-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Just make sure you read the details of what you're buying before you buy it because you might get something completely different. Happened to me, I hated life.

Decessus
08-19-2006, 07:54 AM
E-Bay KICKS A$$ ~ !!!!!!!
except the last thing i tried to by i payed for it and never received it :(
It was a kick ass guitar ... i cried a little i think >.<
It was an air guitar, wasn't it?