PDA

View Full Version : Vincent vs. Sephiroth

Vincent's Inferno
08-18-2006, 10:05 PM
I always wanted to discuss this. For a while now people have always said sephiroth can do just about anything and is the best! Well I say differently I think that between Vincent and Sephiroth, Vincent is the better. He can do things like dissapear and he can also do some crazy acrobatics. He has the sharpest shooting youve ever seen and plus he can even transform. What can Sephiroth do? He cant do crap, Sure Maybe He Has a big sword and can slice just about anything in half but hes insane! I mean what kind of moron Goes insane and tries to destroy a planet because he was created from jenova? Anyways If anyone has any opinions go ahead and post them~!:mad: :) :cool:

f f freak
08-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Sephiroth can do more than Vincent. I don't see Vincent summoning a giant Meteor to destroy the planet. Don't get me wrong I think Vincent is great but Sephiroth would kill him easily.

Distain
08-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Seph dosent look all acrobatic becuase he's all about the style of his fighting. Like he's always persice in his his movemts, and he alwyas has a reason for moving a ceratin way. When Vincent may do a hudge crazy jump to avoid somthing, wich would leave him open to attack in the air, Sephiroth would simply parrey the blow and counter attack lightning fast. Vincent kick's as* and he's great, but if you put Vincent and Sephiroth in a big empty room with nothing to jump onto or hide behind, Sephroth would probably win:)

f f freak
08-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Sephiroth could just cast like a mega powerful fire spell and burn Vincent's cape. Then Vincent would go crazy and start talking bad about Jenova. Then Sephy would go crazy and use supernova on Vincent.

Laugh at face of Danger
08-18-2006, 10:57 PM
VINCENT FAN GIRL, TRANSFORM!

VINCENT ALL THE WAY!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

sorry, had to unleash my capital finger

Vincent's Inferno
08-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Sephiroth may be precise with his sword yes, but vincent is just as precise with his shooting:cool: :shoot: .

f f freak
08-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Get over it Sephiroth would win. Everyone knows that. Sephiroth can morph as well. Bizzaro Sephiroth against Vincent. Hmmm I wonder who would win.

Distain
08-19-2006, 01:53 AM
haha I always thought he looked like some dementid fish when he transformed:)

f f freak
08-19-2006, 01:58 AM
So did I.

Xurts
08-19-2006, 02:16 AM
What's with all of this Vincent fanboyism lately? Sephiroth is better. Cloud is better. Get over him.

Distain
08-19-2006, 02:21 AM
It's becuase of the game man. They smelt it and are now comming out of their coffin's in hords.:D

f f freak
08-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Actually it is personal opinion who is better so it comes down to peoples opinions. I never found Cloud that great. I thought Vincent had a better story than him. I also thought Vincent was stronger than him.

Frustrated ChocoboBreeder
08-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Ok I just watched FF7 Advent Children like 5 times last week and from what i saw in the last battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, Sephiroth is pressty acrobatic. I mean he was jumping from building to building all over the place with ease..... That takes skill. Vincent however was also pretty quick and agile.

Helios
08-19-2006, 05:41 PM
What's with all of this Vincent fanboyism lately? Sephiroth is better. Cloud is better. Get over him.
I agree, he's not THAT great...

Xurts
08-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok I just watched FF7 Advent Children like 5 times last week and from what i saw in the last battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, Sephiroth is pressty acrobatic. I mean he was jumping from building to building all over the place with ease..... That takes skill. Vincent however was also pretty quick and agile.
We're not talking about AC, we're talking about the game.

Zeromus_X
08-19-2006, 07:26 PM
They're both pretty cool. But if we're going by strictly gameplay mechanics, then Vincent would win because Sephiroth can't even control himself or level up. :cat:

Vincent's Inferno
08-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Exactly. Thanks for pointing that out.

Man I Love My New Sig of Vincent and Sephiroth fighting.

f f freak
08-19-2006, 10:06 PM
But if we're going by strictly gameplay mechanics, then Vincent would win because Sephiroth can't even control himself or level up
What do you mean he can't control himself. Sephiroth would win. It's obvious. I like Vincent but Sephiroth would kill him in a heartbeat.

McLovin'
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Your sig will be demolished by the Knights BTW Vincent's Inferno.

The battle would be cool if it was Sephiroth VS Chaos Vincent. Cause regular Vincent would lose quick and easy. Chaos could clash with Sephs blade.

It would seem like a father son battle...but it isn't.

Xurts
08-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Good thing I have signatures disabled then. ^_^

Zeromus_X
08-20-2006, 12:49 AM
But if we're going by strictly gameplay mechanics, then Vincent would win because Sephiroth can't even control himself or level up
What do you mean he can't control himself. Sephiroth would win. It's obvious. I like Vincent but Sephiroth would kill him in a heartbeat.

When you have Sephiroth in your party, he's at level 50, can't be controlled, and has set equipment and Materia.

f f freak
08-20-2006, 04:37 PM
When you have Sephiroth in your party, he's at level 50, can't be controlled, and has set equipment and Materia
Ummm yeah but you said Sephiroth can't control himself. He can control himself. Also going by gameplay mechanics Sephiroth cannot be hurt. Therefore Vincent would get the crap kicked out of him.

Kefka_Almighty
08-20-2006, 05:22 PM
When you have Sephiroth in your party, he's at level 50, can't be controlled, and has set equipment and Materia
Ummm yeah but you said Sephiroth can't control himself. He can control himself. Also going by gameplay mechanics Sephiroth cannot be hurt. Therefore Vincent would get the crap kicked out of him.

I like that, so far, no one has pointed out the fact that the only time you can control Sephiroth is during Cloud's "flashback" to five years ago in Nibelheim, where the majority of the monsters are fairly weak compared to several other monsters in the game, so of COURSE he's not going to be hurt while at LEVEL FIFTY. The point, therefore, is invalid.

As for who would win, I think, unfortunately, it would be a close fight (I say unfortunately because of how much I despise Sephiroth), but, unfortunately, Sephiroth would probably win, despite my own preference of Vincent.

f f freak
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
where the majority of the monsters are fairly weak compared to several other monsters in the game, so of COURSE he's not going to be hurt while at LEVEL FIFTY.

Umm actually it is impossible for him to be hurt. Go play the game again and You'll see. He takes zero damage. No get your team to level fifty equip them so they have whatever armour Sephiroth had at that point(Gold Armlet I think). Now see that you should still take damage. He cannot be hurt. But yet you can.

Distain
08-22-2006, 01:54 AM
That's probably becuase well the story would probably be less compeling if Sephiroth never torched the vilage or stole Jenova, but was instaed killed by a little bunny halfway up the mountine:D

Kefka_Almighty
08-22-2006, 02:53 AM
where the majority of the monsters are fairly weak compared to several other monsters in the game, so of COURSE he's not going to be hurt while at LEVEL FIFTY.

Umm actually it is impossible for him to be hurt. Go play the game again and You'll see. He takes zero damage. No get your team to level fifty equip them so they have whatever armour Sephiroth had at that point(Gold Armlet I think). Now see that you should still take damage. He cannot be hurt. But yet you can.

You've responded to what I said but completely missed what I was saying. The reason he did not get hurt was because he was LEVEL FIFTY in an area with relatively weak monsters. If he had had to fight the higher level monsters you encounter later in the game, like the ones in the final dungeon, THOSE probably would have hurt him at the current stats he was at. Of course YOUR characters are going to get hurt when their at that level because, as the game progresses, you end up fighting HIGHER LEVEL MONSTERS since your in DIFFERENT AREAS. If you took your characters back to the Nibelheim region at level fifty and had them fight the monsters there, they wouldn't take any damage, and if they did it would be so miniscule it wouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

And if we're going to go by the way the story progresses, he CAN take damage, otherwise Cloud wouldn't have been able to kill him.

Dreddz
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
If people took a mature approach to this, they'd say Sephiroth, as he is stronger, no questions. But people will say Vincent because....well, children will vote for there favourite....

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 08:28 PM
What does being mature have to do with it? We're comparing their in-game battle effectiveness. There's really no other way to compare them and say 'who's better'.