PDA

View Full Version : Past, Present, future college major

Avarice-ness
08-18-2006, 11:29 PM
So what does everyone want to major in if they go to college, or majored in if they went to college, or are currently majoring in? =D
Or if you don't want to go to school what do you plan on doing with your life.

And yeah, I'm expecting some fun comments, hence it's in General Chat. <3.

I am going to major in Musical Theater and Minor in Art, because I would like so sing on broadway. :razz:

bipper
08-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Computer programming with an emphasis on Multi-media. I have a good start, thus far.

SammieBabe
08-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Hospitality Management :)

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-18-2006, 11:45 PM
I´m going to the second year of veterinary medicine...then i shall be able to take care of some animals:eep:

mooglebunni608
08-19-2006, 12:08 AM
computer animation. Or something like that.

Rye
08-19-2006, 12:25 AM
I was talking about this before! I want to do Photography, Singing Performance and Singing Education in college. :) I want to major in Photography, but I'll probably have to double major in Singing Performance and Singing Ed, and rather just minor in Photography, because as my Mom told me, she is not going to help pay for me to go the the college of my choice (NYU, if I am accepted), if I want to major in Photography because it is too "wishy-washy" to her. Singing Ed is really because my Mom wants me to have a degree to fall back on, just incase I fail in singing and photography.

Zeldy
08-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I havn't got a CLUE ;_;

-N-
08-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Major in Engineering (general with emphasis on nanotechnology), minor in Music (performance and analysis). Turns out my college moved from the #2 spot to the #1 spot for undergraduate engineering programs, although who really believes US News & World anyways. Finished with both in a year, probably pursuing grad school at Stanford or research at SRI.

Shoeberto
08-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Computer engineering. Or computer science. I'm leaning towards engineering, because programming makes my brain bleed, and it's my understanding that engineering has less of a focus on that.

I also really want to do some film studies. Really really really want to.

Mitch
08-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Majoring in Art History and also doing English (HATE) and Popular Music Studies (LOVE)

I also failed a French paper last trimester.

Shiny
08-19-2006, 01:03 AM
I want to attend Columbia. I'm not sure what my majors and minors are going to be, but I am interested in psychology, sociology, humanities and film.

black orb
08-19-2006, 01:24 AM
>>> mmm.. I dont know what is "majoring" and all that stuff, the american college system seems odd to me, I just know I went to college and I finished college, and it sucked..

Dr Unne
08-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Computer science. All done. Now I'm a code monkey and they pay me for it. I highly recommend it.

Yamaneko
08-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Everyone should be paid to use Windows.

History major. One year left. The only money made in history is teaching, so I'll probably do that.

Jojee
08-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Legal studies :</>D

Psychotic
08-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Economics.

Doomie
08-19-2006, 01:47 AM
I don't understand your American mumbo-jumbo. But I am taking Pure and Applied Sciences.

feona17
08-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Psychology, probably as a major. Plus sociology, english and all that.

Kirobaito
08-19-2006, 01:51 AM
At the moment, I am pre-business. I plan to pursue a degree in Sports Sponsorship and Sales.

Roto13
08-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Business administration.

God, this is way too much work. ;_;

Arrianna
08-19-2006, 02:55 AM
>>> mmm.. I dont know what is "majoring" and all that stuff, the american college system seems odd to me, I just know I went to college and I finished college, and it sucked..
A Major is simply what your emphasis or degree is in.

Interior Design.

I have considered going back and either getting an additional degree in Drafting/Architectual Engineering or finishing an additional one in Fine Arts. Maybe both. We'll see when the kids are older.

bipper
08-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Computer science. All done. Now I'm a code monkey and they pay me for it. I highly recommend it.

Programming gets you laid. Proven scientific fact.

Christmas
08-19-2006, 04:04 AM
MASS GENOCIDE.

Alixsar
08-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Journalism. I want to write something thoughtful like how I'll be leaving behind a record of our society for future generations or something, but we all know that that's b.s. I'm probably going to end up working for a newspaper or magazine writing about trivial events like Mel Gibson's drinking or dumbing down the actual news so the nearly retarded populace can understand it. My name will be the in paper every day, right next to an ad for the big New Year's Day sale at Sears. My job won't have anything to do with recording history or anything noble like that. My job is going to be keeping the advertisers happy. No one's going to care about my work, and in the end, I'm going to end up as a cog in a machine that will eventually be replaced.

Moon Rabbits
08-19-2006, 07:27 AM
I havn't got a CLUE ;_;

Kind of. I want to become a translator for advertisements and other parts of companies. I don't know what kind of major that would require.

Then why am I still a virgin? :mad2:

Reles
08-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Not really sure yet. Thinking of having a major in French or English. Something like that. :greenie:

bipper
08-19-2006, 08:25 AM
I havn't got a CLUE ;_;

Kind of. I want to become a translator for advertisements and other parts of companies. I don't know what kind of major that would require.

Then why am I still a virgin? :mad2:

Because you either program in delhi and MS languages. I should have specified. Sorry.

Get Linux. Get GCC. Get Laid. :cool:

farplaner
08-19-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm currently working toward an associate's degree in Music, afterwards I'll go to university for bachelor's...possibly master's...less possibly doctorate....much less possibly wowman's degree...that's the one above a doctorate. In order to earn that one you have to brainwash at least 7% of the earth's population into believing some random crap you make up.

starseeker
08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm probably going to study physics at Uni.

I Am Stoner
08-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Already been to college and got a B-Tec in sound engineering and music tecnology, also got a city and guilds in studio recording and sound engineering.

Mirage
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Master in Computer Engineering is my kind of thing.

Avarice-ness
08-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Oh dude, I totally forgot I made this, then I saw lovehurts' thread and I was thinking I had made something like school-wise..

Actually what I'm planning on doing... because I have -terrible- stagefright, to the point of my choir teacher forced solo's on me so I could get over it which never helped.. I'm going to major in General Art's for the first two years and this one University that we have here... then if in two years I've gotten over my stagefright I'll transfer to the better University and change my major to musical theater, but if I can't get over my fear.. then I'll just transfer and major in art. Here's to getting over fears. :razz:

Miriel
08-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Er...

I started off as a Cinema-Television major. Then a print Journalism double major got tossed in there at one point. Then dropped journalism. Picked up a sociology minor. Dropped the minor. Picked up a Photography minor. Dropped the photography minor. Dropped the Cinema-Television major.

Now I'm a Sociology major. No minor. At this point, the goal is to get the hell out. So my major is Sociology. I should be done by 2008.

Avarice-ness
08-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Er...

I started off as a Cinema-Television major. Then a print Journalism double major got tossed in there at one point. Then dropped journalism. Picked up a sociology minor. Dropped the minor. Picked up a Photography minor. Dropped the photography minor. Dropped the Cinema-Television major.

Now I'm a Sociology major. No minor. At this point, the goal is to get the hell out. So my major is Sociology. I should be done by 2008.

-Wow- and when did you start school? xD Did you have to stay longer because you kept changing your major? I might have to stay longer for the Musical theater because it'll have different class requirements they won't have at the first school. :greenie:

Miriel
08-21-2006, 07:58 AM
-Wow- and when did you start school? xD Did you have to stay longer because you kept changing your major? I might have to stay longer for the Musical theater because it'll have different class requirements they won't have at the first school. :greenie:

I'm about a semester off schedule. But as long as I take summer school next year, I'll graduate on time.

And for most of the first two years I did most of my general education courses. The few classes I took for the different schools (Journalism, Film, Photograhy) will count towards elective credits now which I need anyway. I only really changed my major once. Everything else was either a double major or a minor that I kept switching around.

Omnislash07
08-21-2006, 09:49 AM
i start my freshman year tomorrow... err today, i need to get to bed, but anyway im majoring in computer science cause want to become a 1337 programmer, and i dont think i have a minor but i could be wrong, when i signed up for classes this lady was like "what do you want to do" and im like "uhhh, program? i guess" then she just signed me up for a bunch of classes and i went home.

farplaner
08-22-2006, 04:47 AM
i start my freshman year tomorrow... err today, i need to get to bed, but anyway im majoring in computer science cause want to become a 1337 programmer, and i dont think i have a minor but i could be wrong, when i signed up for classes this lady was like "what do you want to do" and im like "uhhh, program? i guess" then she just signed me up for a bunch of classes and i went home.

lol You might want to give it some more consideration...on the other hand most college students change their major at least a couple of times.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Currently I am registered as a World Religion major, though I am trying eventually to get into the Bachelor of Arts and Sciences program in which I want to double major: Biology (Organismal Option) and World Religion. All I need is to take and get B or higher in the prerequites for the faculty transfer.

EDIT: In my World Religions major, I want to focus more on the Eastern Traditions rather than the Western ones. I find Taoism and Hinduism highly interesting.

eestlinc
08-22-2006, 04:59 AM
I earned a Bachelor of Music degree in performance and composition in 2002 and I'm starting law school next month to earn my Juris Doctor.