PDA

View Full Version : Should I get FF CC

Vincent's Inferno
08-19-2006, 02:44 AM
I have heard a lot of things about final fantasy crystal chronicles and i dont know if i should. If anybody has any advice on this subject please tell me. Also if you could suggest other good rpgs on the gamecube system that would be great!

Elemental Alchemist
08-19-2006, 05:55 AM
If you can play multiplayer, even if it's only one other person, I strongly recommend it. If you're going to play alone, you'll need patience and determination to find it fun. Not everyone has them.

Other rpgs....? Maybe Tales of Symphonia (my favorite), Baten Kaitos, Paper Mario... I can't seem to think of any other. If I remember any other, I'll come back...

Roto13
08-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Also Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

Vincent's Inferno
08-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Have Skies of Arcadia and Beat it already.

Elemental Alchemist
08-20-2006, 05:50 AM
If you count strategy rpgs, then you might want to try Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I liked it. Pretty challenging

ljkkjlcm9
08-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Evolution Worlds is also fun

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM
If you get CC, please play with at least two other people. It may be expensive, but it'll pay off.

Tales of Symphonia ftw. :cat:

Melkor_
09-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Yes ,if you bother giving any money to the videogame industry

LunarWeaver
09-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Yes, only get this game with true dedication in mind. It's not your normal FF in terms of storyline either, in other words there isn't one. I personally hated it, but there are some who love it. If you aren't prepared to play with friends I'd say no though :jess:

Crossblades
09-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, Fire Emblem PoR, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Mega Man X Command Mission ftw. :cat:

Setzer Gabianni
09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
No, don't get it.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Roto13
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
No, don't get it.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Don't listen to her, she's crazy.

*hops away*

Markus. D
09-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes, only get this game with true dedication in mind. It's not your normal FF in terms of storyline either

so in other words you are saying it excludes alot of the FF clich'es?

not a bad thing ^-^

MageLuingil
09-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I only thought CC was enjoyable when playing multiplayer, so if you can't do that, it may not be worth it.

Still a fun game though.

Crossblades
09-15-2006, 02:13 AM
I only thought CC was enjoyable when playing multiplayer, so if you can't do that, it may not be worth it.

Still a fun game though.

Indeed

Saku
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM

Still a fun game though.

Its more entertaining with multiplayers.... I think this is probably what they were trying to go for.

If you count strategy rpgs, then you might want to try Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I liked it. Pretty challenging

Path of Radiance was not challenging..... well.... maybe a little, but with games like Fire Emblem 2-5 under my belt... I'm at a severely biased point.

Tales of Symphonia was terrible IMO compared to others of the tales series.... except... *shudder* Legendia. Stick with Baiten Kaitos and Fire Emblem. Get FF:CC if you like a challenge and have at least one other that shares your dedication, (two if you want to get all the higher level spells and challenges).

Roto13
09-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Tales of Symphonia kicks ass. That's why Tales of the Abyss is modeled after it.

~SapphireStar~
09-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Personally I wouldnt bother getting CC. Waste of time and money IMO. Get ToS instead. 1000 times better!

LunarWeaver
09-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, only get this game with true dedication in mind. It's not your normal FF in terms of storyline either

so in other words you are saying it excludes alot of the FF clich'es?

not a bad thing ^-^

Sneaky monkeys like to cut things short :monkey:

It's not your normal FF in terms of storyline either, in other words there isn't one.

ljkkjlcm9
09-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Path of Radiance was not challenging..... well.... maybe a little, but with games like Fire Emblem 2-5 under my belt... I'm at a severely biased point.

Tales of Symphonia was terrible IMO compared to others of the tales series.... except... *shudder* Legendia. Stick with Baiten Kaitos and Fire Emblem. Get FF:CC if you like a challenge and have at least one other that shares your dedication, (two if you want to get all the higher level spells and challenges).
Path of Radiance on Difficult wasn't exactly simple. Not that hard, but not easy either. Some levels were just annoying, especially if you were trying to get everything, which I always try and do. And having to replay the game 15 times to get Ike's dad, that's just annoying.

You're also one of a very small number of people that doesn't like Tales of Symphonia.

I suggest getting Skies of Arcadia. Evolution Worlds is also good if you can find it.

My GC top 10 RPGs(which I own all of)
1) Tales of Symphonia
2) Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3) X-Men Legends
4) Skies of Arcadia Legends
5) Megaman X Command Mission
6) Phantasy Star Online Episode 1+2
7) Evolution Worlds
8) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
9) Gauntlet Dark Legacy
10) X-Men Legends 2

And that's basically in the order I enjoyed them. Yes, Legends 1 is that much better than Legends 2. But FF:CC is in my top 10 so I'd get it.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
09-23-2006, 10:57 PM
1) Tales of Symphonia
2) Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3) X-Men Legends
4) Skies of Arcadia Legends
5) Megaman X Command Mission <--- meh
6) Phantasy Star Online Episode 1+2 <--- only good online
7) Evolution Worlds <--- actually, this game is complete crap. I've never heard of anyone liking it.
8) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
9) Gauntlet Dark Legacy <--- buttonmashy boredom
10) X-Men Legends 2

ljkkjlcm9
09-24-2006, 02:30 AM
ok Roto what's your point. I said it was my list, and I enjoyed all of them.

Counter-arguments to your points, I enjoyed Megaman X Command Mission because I enjoy megaman and always wanted a megaman RPG. So it was an enjoyable game to me. Was it amazing, no, but I did enjoy it.

Phantasy star online is also good offline if you have enough friends to play with, just like FF:CC, so whatever.

Evolution Worlds is not complete crap. It's a fun little RPG. Not difficult, not amazing by any means, but fun little waste of time. And plenty of people liked it because guess what, Evolution was a huge selling game on Dreamcast so they made Evolution Worlds for the GameCube, so it really didn't do as bad as you make it sound. It was fun, nothing spectacular.

Gauntlet, like every Gauntlet game, is fun with friends. Pushing eachother around, fighting over items. That's why I enjoy Gauntlet.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
09-24-2006, 04:11 AM
No, really, Evolution is pure crap.

5/10 from IGN (source (http://cube.ign.com/articles/393/393485p1.html))
2/5 from Games Domain
58/100 from Gamespy (source (http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/evolution-worlds/498334p1.html))
4/10 from EGM

Don't touch it. The stink doesn't wash off.

Saku
10-04-2006, 09:09 PM
6) Phantasy Star Online Episode 1+2 <--- only good online

I disagree..... the game was quite entertaining offline... but like its been said before... the more the merrier. Oh yeah... and YOU try taking on Dark Faltz in 4 Player Battle Mode. Now THAT was fun.

Path of Radiance on Difficult wasn't exactly simple. Not that hard, but not easy either. Some levels were just annoying, especially if you were trying to get everything, which I always try and do. And having to replay the game 15 times to get Ike's dad, that's just annoying.

You're also one of a very small number of people that doesn't like Tales of Symphonia.

I suggest getting Skies of Arcadia.

Annoying ye say.... the time it takes to finish PoR once... I'm only half way through Geneology of Warfare. THe only annoying thing I ever had in Path of Radiance is.... OOOPS I just killed a recruitable unit! Restart... be back there in a few minutes, no big deal. The levels are generally small.... I think even the GBA games had more square griddage then Path Of Radiance Levels. But thats just me..
Fuuin no Tsurugi had similar things... finishing the game... multiple tiimes to unlock extra peoples... but time doesn't matter to me.... I use fast units over slow powerful ones... so levels get done... quickly... and efficiently.

Skies of Arcadia is a good choice. Its a DC port, but the DC had some awesome games.

KentaRawr!
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
1)Phantasy Star Online Episode 1+2 <--- only good online

*Kills you*

Elemental Alchemist
10-13-2006, 02:52 AM
Said by: roto13-ness.

No, really, Evolution is pure crap.

5/10 from IGN (source)
2/5 from Games Domain
58/100 from Gamespy (source)
4/10 from EGM

Don't touch it. The stink doesn't wash off

So very true. I, unfortunately, played this game. Less than one week later I had traded it in for some money.
I felt relieved.
Don't bother with this game.

BTW, I have no idea how to specify the person that said the quote and link it to the actual post. Would appreciate if anyone could tell me.

XxSephirothxX
10-13-2006, 03:44 AM
I don't know how expensive Crystal Chronicles is nowadays. 20 bucks? That's worth it. Multiplayer isn't that easy now, though; how many people still have a gba and a link cable? Still, it was a fun enough game by yourself. If you can get it on the cheap, go for it.

Roto13
10-13-2006, 10:01 PM
If you wanted to, you could probably get a couple of original model GBAs and some cables to connect them to for relatively cheap.