PDA

View Full Version : Which of the older FFs has the best music?

Sefie1999AD
08-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Since this poll (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=90699) didn't include FFs 1-5, I thought about making a special poll about them. So out of Final Fantasies I, II, III, IV and V, which do you think had the best soundtrack? Here's an introduction to each soundtrack:

FFI - A lot of great tunes here, sounds especially great in the Origins version. Prelude and Prologue originated here, and there are some other great songs too, such as the overworld theme, Matoya's Cave and Gurgu Volcano.

FFII - This one introduced the Chocobo theme, although a short version of it. Great songs (IMHO) include the overworld theme, the Rebel Army theme, Battle Scene 2 and the Finale.

FFIII - The full version of the Chocobo theme and also the Fat Chocobo theme were introduced in this game. The DS version will have new arrangements of the songs. FFIII soundtrack has themes like Eternal Wind, "Elia, the Maiden of Water" and Airship Invincible.

FFIV - A great soundtrack that has a feeling of a classic FF. This is also the first FF to have special character themes to many of the characters joining the party. FFIV has songs like Theme of Love, "Golbez, Clad in Dark" and the Dreadful Fight.

FFV - The first FF has two CDs worth of music. The songs are a bit different from some other FFs, but still beautiful. Some of the more well known songs include Ahead on Our Way, Lenna's Theme and Battle with Gilgamesh (aka Clash on the Big Bridge).

That's about it, so go ahead and vote for it. :)

FF_Chick
08-19-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd have to say FFIII. The music was so beautiful...

Dreddz
08-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Tie between FFIV and V, I chose IV but I wish I didnt now :(

Meat Puppet
08-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I think the music in FFIV did a great job at setting the theme.
Plus I can't remember any of the music from the other games.

Auragaea
08-20-2006, 12:30 AM
FFV had a really good OST. All of the songs fit the game well, and most of my favorite video game songs come from this FF (number 1 being I Feel as You Feel).

Darkwing Bahamut
08-20-2006, 03:38 AM
FFIV has great music that goes well with the events and settings they play in.

crono_logical
08-20-2006, 08:47 AM
3 for me, despite being on the NES originally :p 5 would come next :p

Saku
08-25-2006, 02:25 AM
I'd have to say FF5. The music to that game was goodness. I still isten to it... along with songs from 7, 9 and 11