PDA

View Full Version : blocking sites

BardTard
08-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Does anybody know how to block just one or two sites from the computer without having the password come up when you click on any link? My cousin is getting into sites that he shouldn't and my aunt is trying to block it and asked me if I knew how, I thought I did, but when she said when my cousin clicks on anything it asks for a password and, "allow on this site just once, allow on this site always," and she's getting annoyed with it.

So does anybody know?

feona17
08-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Isn't there some sort of parental control you can implement?

edit:// I got this from uh, about.com but it's only about IE.

In Internet Explorer...

1. Click "Tools"

2. Click "Internet Options..."

3. Click on "Content" tab

4. In the "Content Advisor" section click on "Enable..."

You are now in the Content Advisor. From here you can set your settings.

* "Ratings" tab - Set rating levels for: language, nudity, sex and violence.

* "Approved Sites" tab - Name sites that you will allow your children to always view or name sites that you neve want your children to view, regardless of the site's rating.

* "General" tab
o Allow or disallow your child to see sites that are not rated.
o Create a password - this is great for use with older children. You set a password, then if your child goes to a site they want to see, but it is a disallowed site, you can allow the site using the password. You will have the option to always allow the site or only allow it this one time.
o View or modify the rating system

BardTard
08-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for that, but my aunt still has to approve of every other site that he goes on. That's why I wanted to know how you can block just one or two. But thanks.

Psydekick
08-19-2006, 05:24 PM
urm Tools, Internet Options, Content, Restricted Sites.

Just enter the url and when he tries to view them the page will not load up

BardTard
08-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I figured out the rest. Thanks for your help!! :D