PDA

View Full Version : omega strategy (very quick death)

ffxatticus
08-19-2006, 06:13 PM
so I faced omega yesterday and beat him my first try and I'd like to share my strategy with everyone. You will not need to defend because you can kill him before he even terra breaks!!!
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE BEST MAGIC WITH ALL CHARACTERS AND JUNCTINO 100 OF ALL!!! (except rinoa). You should have ultimas, meltdowns, meteors, triples, auras, full lifes, curagas, hastes...etc

The party is squall, zell, and rinoa

make sure all characters have auto-haste, spd. +whatever the highest is and vit. +60. Zell and Squall should have str. +60 and rinoa should have mag. +60. Give revive and recover to squall and zell. It doesn't matter what attacks rinoa can use...

rinoa should be junctioned to use her meteor limit break with angel wing. I left meltdown on her to...cuz I just felt like it. You can take meltdown off if you want and cast it before she goes into angel wing, therefore she will perform meteor everytime.

alright...so that battle...

instantly cast triple and aura on all characters. you can put rinoa in instant angel wing. now, just beat the hell out of that a-hole omega with squall and zell. The only time you should have to cure is before and after he uses medigo flame which is after meteor. If you are lucky like me, he should be dead right after he uses gravija. Never getting to his ultimate terra break! OH NO! If you have trouble killing him that fast , just equip defend to zell and squall. Giving it to rinoa should be pointless, but in case you have to revive her before a terra break she might need it. Now, after gravija I'd suggest using zell and squalls limit break twice more, then defending until terra is used.

NOTE: your characters should be at lv 100 with 9999 hp for this.

That his how I powned omega yesterday and I hope that some people who have trouble find it helpful.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah that's more or less what I did but you don't see me bragging?
On a serious matter, good for you!

and you may want to consider having the title changed. People don't need advice on how to get their asses whooped early by Omega Weapon

ffxatticus
08-19-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah that's more or less what I did but you don't see me bragging?
On a serious matter, good for you!

and you may want to consider having the title changed. People don't need advice on how to get their asses whooped early by Omega Weapon

I wasn't trying to brag...I was just saying it is very efficient and unless you do something wrong, will work everytime. and what do you mean by changing the title?....oh haha you think I mean very quick death to you instead of omega....

nik0tine
08-19-2006, 06:54 PM
I did that under level 15 with no junctioning. Well, minus the whole killing him before Terra Break thing. :p

ffxatticus
08-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I did that under level 15 with no junctioning. Well, minus the whole killing him before Terra Break thing. :p

yeah, thats one strategy, but I didn't keep my characters low levels throughout the game.

Mo-Nercy
08-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Might want to junction 100 Death to St-Def too if you're going to be on Lvl 100. :D

I like your strat. *cookie*

ffxatticus
08-21-2006, 02:10 AM
Might want to junction 100 Death to St-Def too if you're going to be on Lvl 100. :D

I like your strat. *cookie*

thanks, yeah that death thing...forgot to add that. can't win without it!

runawaydoomtrain
08-21-2006, 07:05 AM
well to tell you the truth, that was very similar to what i was going to do. i was going to have quistis, zell and squall in my party with zell and squall at str +60%, spd +40%, auto haste and hp +80%. then quistis was going to have auto haste, auto potion, hp +80% and spd +40%. quistis was going to have mighty guard given to the party, then zell and squall each give each other auras. then next time around quistis summons doomtrain and gives him 0 vitality. then squall and zell just pound omega until he dies. but very similar to what i was going to do.

ffxatticus
08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
well to tell you the truth, that was very similar to what i was going to do. i was going to have quistis, zell and squall in my party with zell and squall at str +60%, spd +40%, auto haste and hp +80%. then quistis was going to have auto haste, auto potion, hp +80% and spd +40%. quistis was going to have mighty guard given to the party, then zell and squall each give each other auras. then next time around quistis summons doomtrain and gives him 0 vitality. then squall and zell just pound omega until he dies. but very similar to what i was going to do.

thats a good strat. too. I used quistis for most of the normal bosses. I like to use rinoa though because she is dependable. You know she will do 50k-100k damage a turn.

runawaydoomtrain
08-21-2006, 09:40 PM
well i dont know about rinoa and about her angel wing limit break. but i know that quistis can give omega some curses as well as vit +0 with doomtrain and mighty guard with every party member for great protection. so if zell and squall are going to be doing 300k combined per limit breaks then why does it matter if rinoa does some damage?

ffxatticus
08-22-2006, 07:37 PM
well i dont know about rinoa and about her angel wing limit break. but i know that quistis can give omega some curses as well as vit +0 with doomtrain and mighty guard with every party member for great protection. so if zell and squall are going to be doing 300k combined per limit breaks then why does it matter if rinoa does some damage?

well, the point of this strategy is that you are killing omega before terra break. that is why it matters wheather you do a lot of damage.

runawaydoomtrain
08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
what exactly is terra break? why is it so bad?

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2006, 09:16 PM
That his how I powned omega yesterday and I hope that some people who have trouble find it helpful.
I can't imagine anyone having trouble with Omega with all that overpowered junctioning. Why bother getting all the best junctioning and leveling to 100 to beat him BEFORE terra Break when you can beat him just as easily AFTER Terra Break with junctioning that doesn't take long to get at all?

what exactly is terra break? why is it so bad?It's not bad, it's overrated.

runawaydoomtrain
08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
i heard that it does like 4k damage, per hit and theres like 4 or 5 hits or something and the only way to evade it is to use defend.

don't tell me that's true, becuase i like the way my characters are already junctioned, like attack, item, draw and magic. i don't wanna have to mess with defend.

Ultima Shadow
08-23-2006, 09:31 PM
i heard that it does like 4k damage, per hit and theres like 4 or 5 hits or something and the only way to evade it is to use defend.

don't tell me that's true, becuase i like the way my characters are already junctioned, like attack, item, draw and magic. i don't wanna have to mess with defend.There's not 4-5 hits. There's like 12 hits or something like that.

ffxatticus
08-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I can't imagine anyone having trouble with Omega with all that overpowered junctioning. Why bother getting all the best junctioning and leveling to 100 to beat him BEFORE terra Break when you can beat him just as easily AFTER Terra Break with junctioning that doesn't take long to get at all?
No particular reason...just beating him quick for the hell of it.

Emerald weapon
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
All you need is 9999 hp,squall,irvine and zell all best weapons,and a few holy wars(refine if needed)wait till omega uses the attck tht does 9998 then uses a holy war and limit break away,you could also use doomtrain to get vit 0 so its not as long

Ultima Shadow
09-10-2006, 04:20 PM
All you need is "lots of overpowered stuff"
All you NEED to beat him is half-assed junctioning, no hero items, weakest weapon and a decent strategy along with the knowledge of Omega's pattern. Alternatively, NO junctioning, some hero items and a decent stragedy along with the knowledge of Omega's pattern.

Christmas
09-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Real man beat Omega Weapon blindfolded while eating a Ham Sandwich.

EDIT: Oh wait, Ultima Shadow did that. :(

EDIT2: But he didn't say he ate a Ham Sandwich so it did not count. :bigsmile: