PDA

View Full Version : Save points

darkchrono
08-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Is their no way you can save the game yourself (does the computer just save it automatically at certain areas).

I am finding it a little frustrating to go a certain amount of time in a mission and then dying and finding out I have to start the mission all over again.

Zeromus_X
08-19-2006, 07:25 PM
I found the fact that you couldn't make another save file on the memory card more annoying*, I found the 'auto-save' feature to be convenient. At least it gives you an incentive to accomplish something in the game when you play it. :p

*Unless you can copy the data...I don't know if that would work. :cat:

ValkyrieWing
08-20-2006, 03:07 AM
when you shoot the hidden memory capules, it supposedly save's your game....

Orophin
08-20-2006, 05:33 AM
when you shoot the hidden memory capules, it supposedly save's your game....

It save that you have shot the memory capsule so the extras can be added in the menu, it doesn't save your game.

Githian
09-07-2006, 04:51 PM
well there's always the "Quicksave" option....but i use it just for emergencies :)

Aralith
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
well there's always the "Quicksave" option....but i use it just for emergencies :)
Well, the Tempsave function is only useful if you plan on quitting the game right where you are. Once you load a Tempsave file, it is deleted. The game is basically geared towards forcing you to accomplish a large chunk of the mission, rather than just being able to save wherever. Adds a bit of a challenge to it. Though it's always nice for EXP or Gil, whichever you choose to get, when you restart the mission.

And I agree with Zeromus. Only having one file per memory card? What's up with that? That's never how Square has done things. Really bugged the crap out of me. Anyways, darkchrono, the only way you can save your progress in that game is to get to a checkpoint. You'll know you've hit it because it will say "Saving" with a little memory card next to it at the top of the screen. It is almost always accompanied with an event.

Githian
09-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Well, the Tempsave function is only useful if you plan on quitting the game right where you are.
Well that's what I meant for "emergencies" XD

Halenite
09-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I have to agree with the memory card thing. That really bugs me. You can still start a new game, but when it autosaves, it saves over that point you had previously.