PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 7

daggertrepe
08-19-2006, 10:35 PM
What do you think the title of this book will be? I think it's going to be:

Harry Potter book the 7th:

Harry Potter Bleeds to Death.

Discription: If you do not wish to witness Harry Potter die in this book, then J.K. smurfing Rowling suggests you read the alternate book:

Harry Potter

And the land of ponies.

Why would J.K. Rowling KILL Harry Potter? I think that is so stupid. :rolleyes2

Resha
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
She's a sadist.

Anyways, hasn't she dropped like 284749393 hints that she's not going to? The Harry Potter Double-Entendre Police are always watching...:shifty:

Spiffing Cheese
08-19-2006, 10:40 PM
I honestly don't care if she kills Harry (not that she will). She already killed off Sirius and Dumbledore, so who the fuck cares what she does now? :(

Fuego
08-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I was sooo shocked when i found out about Snape killing Dumbledore that bitch ! I gotta find out what happens now .

crono_logical
08-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Why would J.K. Rowling KILL Harry Potter? I think that is so stupid. :rolleyes2To end the series of course :D

Fuego
08-20-2006, 09:55 PM
watch the book only contain 300 pages or so after the long wait and build up and the last page is a sappy flashback sorta montage as he lays there die'n >.<

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Technically he won't be laying there dying, given the existence of the "poof you die" spell.

They don't even get a saving throw :)

Ryushikaze
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Harry Does. He took the first level feat -not die-. Very rare, and requires running it by the DM, slipping them a bribe, taking them to dinner, and having kinky monkey sex with them.

Owen Macwere
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't like the idea of harry potter dying, JK has killed so many beloved characters in the series, I'd hate the whole story if more die. :mad:

Neo_Bahamut11
08-20-2006, 10:08 PM
well i dout he will die jk dose this every time. true the last 2 times people have died but she is just trying 2 get even more people 2 buy the books. a death makes it sound all the better. i mean come on asive she aint loaded enought already.

Fuego
08-20-2006, 10:27 PM
watch her catch the lars-i-tis and sue her readers >.< ... i need more money *twitch* *twitch*
and Behold the Void ... hes Harry Potter ... if anyone can lay there and die slowly ... i bet it would be him >.<

f f freak
08-20-2006, 10:29 PM
I think it would be best if Harry died. People will be begging her to write more books to say what happens in his life. Unless she says what happens at that end of the book if Harry survives. I don't care wether he dies or not. I think Ron should die. he he he

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-20-2006, 10:38 PM
He will die. At least I think she will kill him off. That way no one else can write about him.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Why do people always want the hero to live? I mean life does not have happy endings all the time.

Anyways, I believe Rowling has hinted that the seventh would be the largest installment (as well as the final). Seeing as there a quite a few horcruxes left, I think it might be quite long.

Neo_Bahamut11
08-20-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah i hope it is long well like u say it sould be. but yeah i agree that killing him off aint a bad thing and it really aint 4 rowling i mean their r alot of really sad people out their that will keep naging her 2 make more books i mean she has a family now and i mean she dosent seem as intrested in writing the books it would give her a way out if harry is dead their can be no harry potter full stop. i think that it is more a question of how good the next book will be rather than if harry dies.

Zeldy
08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
6 was too long, I started getting bored. I cant even remember it properly, I keep getting them all mixed up. Too many books. Too many. Book#5 is a blur

Ashley Schovitz
08-20-2006, 11:56 PM
I think she could still end the book with Harry alive he doesn't need to die and what you said your reason for it is, is pure laziness if that would be the reason she should make it to satisfy herself, not other people and why did Dumbledore have to die she could've killed off Colin Creevy and his little brother because nobody cares about them. If somebody just tells her to keep on writing more books all she has to say is no I won't I mean the fans can't make her do it and it will eventually die down anyway don't surrender to the people just because you'll think that they'll bother you too much.

Miriel
08-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Anyways, I believe Rowling has hinted that the seventh would be the largest installment (as well as the final). Seeing as there a quite a few horcruxes left, I think it might be quite long.

No. Rowling has confirmed that the 7th book will not be as long as the 5th book which is the longest in the series. I think it'll be around the same length as the 6th book.

I don't think Harry will die. But I think Ron or Hermione will die. Rowling has said in a couple interviews that at least 2 main characters will bite it in the 7th book. I just don't think it will be Harry.

lovehurts
08-21-2006, 12:40 AM
7 !!!??

:eek:

daggertrepe
08-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Well, if they kill anyone it will be Hermione cuz she's a mud-blood.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-21-2006, 03:48 AM
I don't really think Harry will die.
She's said it from the beginning too that the 7th will be her last Harry Potter book. I'm just curious who the two major characters that are going to die are. Snape? I hope so, I never liked him. Malfoy? Harry and Malfoy fight to the death? Hermoine? Hagrid? Wow, I'm starting to get annoying.... I'll stop now.

lovehurts
08-21-2006, 03:49 AM
people die due to violence in harry potter? I always thought that it was at a G level...

Doomie
08-21-2006, 03:55 AM
Isn't it obvious! TWO MAIN CHARACTERS! Terry Boot and Aunt Marge!

Seriously though, it'll be Hagrid and Mr. Weasley.

Sylvie
08-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Obvviously JK Rowling will kill him. Her initials are "JK", which means anything she says, she is "Just Kidding". So, if she ever claimed to not kill Harry/any hints on not killing him, she was JUST KIDDING. :)

YTDN
08-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Apparenly Rowling said in an interview that she likes the Weasleys too much for any of them to die.

Owen Macwere
08-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Apparenly Rowling said in an interview that she likes the Weasleys too much for any of them to die.

What??!!! she likes the weasleys? what about the readers, well that is crap, I just don't like the idea of leting unimportant charcters live while the important ones die.

Markus. D
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
awww... I wish I didnt read that spoiler ._.

Psydekick
08-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Same, hopefully this book will be a tad better than the last 2

not that that is hard:p

I Am Stoner
08-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Why would J.K. Rowling KILL Harry Potter? I think that is so stupid. :rolleyes2

Nah, she wouldnt need to, i'd do it for her. Mwahahahaha. Actually, no I wouldn't, harry potter aint that bad. Not as bad as the Telly Tubbies. *Grabs chainsaw and starts it up* Po, where are you? I only want to play........

Roogle
08-21-2006, 12:18 PM
She's a sadist.

Anyways, hasn't she dropped like 284749393 hints that she's not going to?

I don't know - it seems to me like most of the statements J.K. Rowling has issued about the subject are ambiguous at best.

Neo_Bahamut11
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I think she could still end the book with Harry alive he doesn't need to die and what you said your reason for it is, is pure laziness if that would be the reason she should make it to satisfy herself, not other people and why did Dumbledore have to die she could've killed off Colin Creevy and his little brother because nobody cares about them. If somebody just tells her to keep on writing more books all she has to say is no I won't I mean the fans can't make her do it and it will eventually die down anyway don't surrender to the people just because you'll think that they'll bother you too much.

well she alreay has had death threats and stuff 2 get her 2 write more im just thinking she would like 2 avoid more i mean i dunno sum people react over the top 2 books. i think they r the 1ns that spoil it. love the harry potter serise and ill be happy wot ever she writes i mean she could kill the hole lot of um off as long as it is every bit as good as her other stuff she already killed the best charctor off anyway. i just hope lupin dont bite the dust in this 1.

Lol she has actualy wrote more books in fact she has sevral other books published but they r young children books that she worte in her earlie life i dont rember the names of um but 1 was about a rabbit.

Also u problie all have herd this but acording 2 hints droped by jk and her fans web page the most likly of dates 4 the retale of the book is 7/7/07 due 2 the fact that 7 is the most powerful magic number and the fact that its the 7th book and 7 horcroucks ect ect and how the hell do u spell horcrucks?

K-chan
08-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I heard in an interview, Rowling said she probably wouldn't kill off Harry because of the young readers or something. "Oh, we CAN'T kill off the main character, but who cares if a few other beloved characters kick the bucket?".

Honestly, I hope that wasn't true, because that is just dumb. Why worry about what kid's will think about the main character dying? It's not like there hasn't already been a few deaths in the past books anyways.

Personally, I don't care if Harry dies or not. Just as long as it's a good ending. : ) Can you imagine, reading through all seven books, just to have a cheesy happy ending where everyone gets married, has bunches of children, and lives quaint and quiet lives. I'd be a little disappointed...

daggertrepe
08-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I heard in an interview, Rowling said she probably wouldn't kill off Harry because of the young readers or something. "Oh, we CAN'T kill off the main character, but who cares if a few other beloved characters kick the bucket?".

Honestly, I hope that wasn't true, because that is just dumb. Why worry about what kid's will think about the main character dying? It's not like there hasn't already been a few deaths in the past books anyways.

Personally, I don't care if Harry dies or not. Just as long as it's a good ending. : ) Can you imagine, reading through all seven books, just to have a cheesy happy ending where everyone gets married, has bunches of children, and lives quaint and quiet lives. I'd be a little disappointed...

I wouldn't, but I'm a sucker. :rolleyes2

BizarroSephiroth
08-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Harry Potter gets Drunk and gets Laid with some teacher at Hogwarts by J.K. Rowling. Heh I could just imagine.

McLovin'
08-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Harry is the last Horcrux :O

Maybe. Maybe not.

pinkmage
08-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Personally, she depressed me the moment she killed Sirius. Like someone else said, I wont read another word if she kills Lupin. They are the best 2 characters!! and i think the movies ruined them.... I do think Hagrid will die however.

Tavrobel
08-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Harry Potter and the Death of Trees.

Dell
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Harry Potter and the Heart of the Lord.

No, Harry shouldn't die, but Malfoy and Neville must.

Ashley Schovitz
08-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe the last book will be called Harry Potter and The Final Ending it just sounds right.

f f freak
08-21-2006, 07:14 PM
She said in an interview that one of the words in the last books titile would be scar.

BizarroSephiroth
08-21-2006, 07:45 PM
She said in an interview that one of the words in the last books titile would be scar.

Oh, the scar is gonna kill him!

Madame Adequate
08-21-2006, 07:49 PM
"Harry's scar faded away."

Griff
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Harry Potter and the Realization that he's spent his whole life on a demented reality TV show on Fox.

Elite Lord Sigma
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Harry is the last Horcrux :O

Maybe. Maybe not. It's impossible for Harry to be the final Horcrux. If he were, wouldn't Voldemort be going against his own wishes for immortality in trying to kill him?

Anyway, I've heard that the title may be Harry Potter and the Secret of Hogwarts. I'm not sure if it's true, though.

Anyway, as for main characters dying, I think the most likely are Snape, Malfoy, and Voldemort. Oh, and Bellatrix, too. After all, I doubt Harry is going to let her live after she killed Sirius.

Butterfly Fx
08-21-2006, 08:19 PM
If Harry is a horcrux of Voldermort, then they both have to die.

The reason that I heared she invoked was that she didn't want the characters being taken by some other author, after she's gone, and the story to be continued. Literally wants to take Harry to the grave with her.

Agatha Christie did the same with her Poirot, and so did A.C.Doyle, killing Sherlock Holmes off. The latter was brought back, due to the massive requests from the readers.But it's nothing new in the history of literature that characters would be killed like that.

I think that no.7 is going to be the last one. And I do believe that it's the end of Potter as well.

On another note, I thought it was pretty interesting that Stephen King and John Irving should have forwarded a plea to Rowling, asking her not to kill Potter. Would have never seen that coming from King.

Psydekick
08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Harry Potter and the Scar of the Prophecy?

that was a twist of words:P

i am totally confused with the story so any1 could die!

BizarroSephiroth
08-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes. Please. I want.......Draco Malfoy dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LunarWeaver
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
I love the HP books, and I like Harry too, but I actually like sad endings. I may like the whole thing better if he dies along with Voldemort or something. I'm just a masochist like that.

I quit reading any interviews with her because she gives too much away. Before 6 came out she said the end would be super surprising, and before that she said another character would die, and I immediately thought Dumbledore and the whole thing was ruined.

Resha
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
To end the series of course :D

Omg you sound so evilly happy about it :D

6 was too long, I started getting bored. I cant even remember it properly, I keep getting them all mixed up. Too many books. Too many. Book#5 is a blur

That's probably because Book 5 sucked. Worst book in the whole series. :) Order of the whaaa--?!

I'm betting that she's going to kill Hedwig.

McLovin'
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Maybe JK will make the ending a 2 way ending. Meaning that we would not know whether Harry is dead or not at the end. That way she will have made everyone happy.

f f freak
08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I want harry dead. I've read the whole series for a gorey ending. *Grins evilly then laughs maniacally*. I want blood and DEATH!!!!!.

Neo_Bahamut11
08-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Iv bin posting on here loads and i aint even put a nam yet. how about summit simple harry potter and the dark lord. sounds ok.

i think it is very possable that he is a horcrox harry that is i no that as suggested b4 voldermort would not have wanted him dead but if u think about it harry would have voldermorts powers all of the other horcrux r items but harry is alive so is it possable that he can control the powers and so voldermort would c him as a threat im going off on 1 here aint i. well in book 4 albus was very happy 2 here that voldermort had harrys blood in him mabe that will have summit 2 do with it as well mabe it means harr is not a horcrux but was. confusing i no but jk is like that. personly i think it would explain y albus kept a keen eye on harry and perhapes voldermort is double bluffing by trying 2 kill him. aparantly the 2 main charctors that died r in infact likly 2 come back jk said she would not comment on the possbilaty of a return of the charctors and then said well i could if i wanted.

McLovin'
08-21-2006, 09:56 PM
http://dumbledoreisnotdead.com

Neo_Bahamut11
08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
good link 2 be honest im 1 of these sad people who wants 2 belive he is still alive so that web page was right up my street

Miriel
08-22-2006, 12:03 AM
I think Harry dying would be going against a lot of what the books have been about so far. Harry's mother sacrificed her life to save Harry. So in the end, having Harry die would mean that all this hoo-haw about love being so incredibly powerful would be void since in the end, Lily's love and her sacrifice for Harry to live would have been in vain.

Unless Harry and Voldemort kill each other which might be a possibility.

But the series will never ever end with Harry dying and Voldemort living. Just, no.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Even if she does kill him off, she'd get so much hate-mail that she'd have to bring him back and write another book, just like Arthur Conan Doyal with the Sherlock Holmes books. Personally I think he should die a quick yet very painful death and the book should be so bad that everyone will hate it. (I am sick of Harry Potter)

Jowy
08-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Harry's going to completely lose it, take down a Weasley or two, and join the Dark Side. It worked for Episode III.

Tasura
08-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Seeing this read the toehr day spurned me on to read books 5 and 6, so starting sometimes Saturday night and edning now I read books 5 and 6, but anyways, no one ever said 'main characters' refered to the good guys, so why is everyone instantly thinking that a good guy has to die, Im not saying it sint going to be a good guy, but it could easily be Malfoy, Snape or Voldemort, they have been main characters since the first book. And as the prophecy stated either Harry or Voldemort has to die, so one of those two take up one of the two death slots, but I doubt both will die, becuase the prohecy stated that one had to die for the other to live, and if they boht died, then the prophecy wouldnt be fufilled, so Im saying that only one of the two dies, and since I doubt she'd leave Voldemort alive and Harry dead, I'm going to say that Voldemort dies, and as for the other one who dies, it's really up in the air, Snape, Malfoy, Ron, Hermione.

Vincent, Thunder God
08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I think it should be called "Harry Potter and the Gradually Ruined Book Series."

She's killed of too many characters, lost her humor, made an originally light series darker and darker, made Harry into a whiny little prick, and somehow it's all become dry and boring IMO.

McLovin'
08-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Harry's going to completely lose it, take down a Weasley or two, and join the Dark Side. It worked for Episode III.

Hehe.

Doomie
08-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Harry Potter and THE FINAL BATTLE AGAINST SEPHIR0TH!!!!!1!!

Fuego
08-24-2006, 04:54 AM
I thought harry was Sephiroth ... or was it Hermione (?) just gotta wait til its released, or try to rob her house like those louts did earlier this year ! LOL !

Heath
08-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I think it should be called "Harry Potter and the Gradually Ruined Book Series."

She's killed of too many characters, lost her humor, made an originally light series darker and darker, made Harry into a whiny little prick, and somehow it's all become dry and boring IMO.

Despite not being a huge fan of Harry the "whiny little prick", I thought it was a somewhat more realistic change in Harry than him being exactly the same through-out the series of books. Besides, I'm sure we've all had phases in our teenage years when the mantle "whiny little prick" would fit us. As for the dark and darker change, I thought it was quite a relevant change considering Voldemort eventually returning is a bit of a downer for the populace really.

The humour in the books is still there, I just don't think it's a prevalent a feature as it once was. I still find myself smiling to myself when reading the later books though, admittedly, fewer examples spring to mind for the last two books in comparison to the first two.

daggertrepe
08-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Harry Potter gets his period

By J.K. Rowling.

Tanwen Strife
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't think she'll kill off harry for the pure reason of she keeps suggesting she might. If she was going to kill harry then she wouldn't keep saying she might, but by saying she might she keeps the suspense up. The problem with many plots with a final confrontation is that we all know the hero will win and get the girl and live happily ever after, so there's a lack of suspense in the final fight. By suggesting he might die she keeps us guessing until she's finished. It puts the suspense back.

And I wish she'd hurry up. Just give us a book name, a possible release date, hell, a rough page count. I want SOMETHING.

McLovin'
08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
a possible release date, a rough page count.

7-7-07

Shorter than book 5 :-)

Owen Macwere
08-27-2006, 08:09 PM
a possible release date, a rough page count.

7-7-07

Shorter than book 5 :-)

Such a cool date, I can't wait to see what happens in it. The books volume was never a prob for me, the bigger the better. :D

Fuego
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Such a cool date, I can't wait to see what happens in it. The books volume was never a prob for me, the bigger the better. :D

Word

Owen Macwere
08-27-2006, 08:36 PM

Word

:confused:

McLovin'
08-27-2006, 08:40 PM

Word=Chya

:confused:

Holy Lancer
06-29-2007, 06:30 PM
This book is going to be great. Remember Sirius's mirror. Rowling said the mirror is going to be important later on.

Yamaneko
06-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Harry Potter: So Very Very Tired

Bunny
06-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Hermoine dies.

Harry Potter and The End.

Quindiana Jones
06-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Someone important'll die but it won't be Harry.

Bunny
06-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I know whoooooo

Quindiana Jones
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I know whoooooo

Yeah so do I.

Bunny
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
hi5

demondude
06-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Harry potter and the revived thread

Quindiana Jones
06-29-2007, 07:59 PM
hi5

That's that crappy Australian kids program. It sucks.

Levian
06-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Please don't revive old threads, Holy Lancer. Make a new thread if you want to discuss this.