PDA

View Full Version : The death of aerith

KHSephiroth
08-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Ok I know that alot of people are gonna call me mean and heartless for this, but I thought aerith's death was funny and awesome. First off she wasnt that great of a character and her lvl 4 limit was hard to get to on the 1st disc. Then she deserved to die because she wondered off on her own. Like omg did he just say she deserved to die. Yes I did. Also there wasnt even blood when she had a sword go through her, and people call Sephiroth heartless. At least he has blood.

Peter_20
08-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Alright, first and foremost, please don't post threads with a SPOILER in the topic title. :eek:

Personally, I didn't feel that much for this scene; I'd heard of it before, and whenever a character dies, I always sit there and wait for them to miraculously survive the whole thing, because that's so typical in the world of video games. :p

"Oh noes, I died - but wait! I survived! Let's kick your ass!" :rolleyes2

Zero the Hero
08-20-2006, 12:20 AM
She had it coming lol, everyone knew that she was just to kind hearted to live in the wonderful world of final fantasy VII, fuzzy characters always get the chop [huzzah!!!]

Goldenboko
08-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Ok I know that alot of people are gonna call me mean and heartless for this, but I thought aerith's death was funny and awesome. First off she wasnt that great of a character and her lvl 4 limit was hard to get to on the 1st disc. Then she deserved to die because she wondered off on her own. Like omg did he just say she deserved to die. Yes I did. Also there wasnt even blood when she had a sword go through her, and people call Sephiroth heartless. At least he has blood.

ummm...
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=90105
bit late ya know.

Zeromus_X
08-20-2006, 12:34 AM
omfg, what the hell. Does anyone have any common sense any more?

Anyway, I had already had it spoiled for me. But the pretty little FMV and emotional music got me a little teary-eyed regardless.

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-20-2006, 12:47 AM
theres already a i areis thread isnt there

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2006, 01:28 AM
theres already a i areis thread isnt there

many of them. but then the aeris-haters and the aeris-sympathizers get into a big fight and the thread is closed :P

G SpOtZ
08-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Cait Sith should have died twice.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Yes i actually enjoyed her death...but man do we have to cover this up again?I mean just check the threads bellow this one.

Keruado
08-20-2006, 06:06 AM
What I seriously don't really get is why don't they just simply use a Phoniex Down and revive her :mad:

G SpOtZ
08-20-2006, 06:38 AM
What I seriously don't really get is why don't they just simply use a Phoniex Down and revive her :mad:
Geez, does NOBODY understand that Phoenix Downs revive "KO'ed" (Knocked out) characters? When you "die" in a fight, you don't really die, you just get knocked unconcious. Aeris actually died.

Sylvie
08-20-2006, 07:25 AM
Aeris dies? What the hell, thanks a lot dude. You just spoiled the freakin' game for me.

Ryushikaze
08-20-2006, 07:59 AM
No. No he SMEGGING didn't. Aerith's death is something that happens in the game. It is NOT the smeggin totality of the game's story.

People need to stop getting totally antsy over what amount to minor spoilers, especially when people freely discuss what are ACTUALLY MAJOR SMEGGING PLOT POINTS willy nilly!

The kid gloves need to come off. It's been ten years and her death was not a major plot point. It was a plot point, but it was no more major than the death of any OTHER FF character, whose deaths are freely discussed. Stop pleading for the flower girl and move the smeg on.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Pretty sure he was kidding.

Dr. Acula
08-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Just after the game came out (I was 5 at the time), my brother bought it and played it, then came over to my place (he didn't live with us) and introduced it to another of my brothers and myself. When I saw Aeris's face in the beginning movie, my brother said, "She dies".

G SpOtZ
08-20-2006, 10:11 AM
No. No he SMEGGING didn't. Aerith's death is something that happens in the game. It is NOT the smeggin totality of the game's story.

People need to stop getting totally antsy over what amount to minor spoilers, especially when people freely discuss what are ACTUALLY MAJOR SMEGGING PLOT POINTS willy nilly!

The kid gloves need to come off. It's been ten years and her death was not a major plot point. It was a plot point, but it was no more major than the death of any OTHER FF character, whose deaths are freely discussed. Stop pleading for the flower girl and move the smeg on.
1) I have never heard the term "smeg"
2) "It's been ten years" is what I think makes it okay that people give out information like this, so I totally agree with you, people need to stop bitching about "spoiling".

The game is OLD, and there's nothing new about the game itself, so if you (I'm using "you" as a general term) haven't played it, don't expect for it to be completely new to you, because chances are, people have already talked about it enough that you'll know what's going on... If not, don't read the forums for the game you haven't played. Geez.

Pretty sure he was kidding.
He probably was, but the sad thing is, some people don't kid and get pissed about it. Hah.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
"Smeg", derived from "Smegma", is an invented word that originated from the British show Red Dwarf. It's bassically a replacement for the word "f@#$".

As a side note, the filter here is incredibly annoying.

Christmas
08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I THINK WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO DIG HER UP IN THE BONE VILLAGE!!! :bigsmile:

chronic_Maniac
08-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Aeris dies? What the hell, thanks a lot dude. You just spoiled the freakin' game for me.

the title of the thread kinda gives it away

Helios
08-20-2006, 03:23 PM
why is it that people refer to her as aerith, when its aeris in the game?

Madame Adequate
08-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I THINK WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO DIG HER UP IN THE BONE VILLAGE!!! :bigsmile:

Christmas continues to seduce me.

Helios: I've never been entirely sure, but I believe the direct Japanese translation renders it 'Aerith', and people are :cool: if they use that.

Zeromus_X
08-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Because Aerith is her name.

And it still doesn't matter how old a game is. Unless it's 100 years from now and FFVII somehow becomes a legendary epic known all around the world, then not everyone has played the game, and everyone doesn't know what happens, especially when this is actually a gigantic plot point in the game. It is still a spoiler. Some people have not played the game. Some people do not know what happens. This is not hard to understand. And I don't care if you whip out the 'forum spoiler policy'. People don't need to be assholes intentionally and spoil the game for other people merely because it's 'too old'. That is irrelevant. They may have not played the game.

Anyway, battle mechanics don't carry over into "real life". If someone gets impaled outside of battle (usually in an FMV with emotional music), then there's a good chance they won't be in your party any longer.

I'd quote the RPG Cliche rule regarding that, but it seems that that page isn't working right now for some reason.

MJN SEIFER
08-20-2006, 07:06 PM
"Smeg", derived from "Smegma", is an invented word that originated from the British show Red Dwarf. It's bassically a replacement for the word "f@#$".

As a side note, the filter here is incredibly annoying.

English, English ENGLISH!!!!!

Sylvie
08-20-2006, 11:30 PM
To everyone who flipped out and hilariously screamed at me for saying that, I was kidding. Jeez.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-21-2006, 08:44 AM
And it still doesn't matter how old a game is. Unless it's 100 years from now and FFVII somehow becomes a legendary epic known all around the world, then not everyone has played the game, and everyone doesn't know what happens, especially when this is actually a gigantic plot point in the game. It is still a spoiler. Some people have not played the game. Some people do not know what happens. This is not hard to understand. And I don't care if you whip out the 'forum spoiler policy'. People don't need to be assholes intentionally and spoil the game for other people merely because it's 'too old'. That is irrelevant. They may have not played the game.

I think you're going to have to point out which post in this thread intentionally spoiled the game for everyone, or alluded to doing thus in any way.

Armisael
08-21-2006, 03:30 PM
These threads "oh i'm happy Aeris dies, she deserved it etc", they'll never stop! It's kind of.. well annoying! :blahblah:

Dreddz
08-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Her death isnt funny if you had been training her hours beforehand :mad:

MJN SEIFER
08-21-2006, 06:41 PM
I found it sad. And iritating as she is one of the most powerful characters in the game

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I found it sad. And iritating as she is one of the most powerful characters in the game

One of the most powerfull!?:eep:

MJN SEIFER
08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh yes. as I posted in another thread, Aeris' strength, power and Magic stats increase much faster than the other characters, I had on 99 half way on disc one, and the others were about 50.

Ryushikaze
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
These threads "oh i'm happy Aeris dies, she deserved it etc", they'll never stop! It's kind of.. well annoying! :blahblah:

And so are people who post "she never should have died, it was sooooo sad, why did they do that", or people who get antsy when the point is 'spoiled' for them when they shouldn't have been wandering around in a forum where the entire game will be discussed. It's like wandering into a 'Harry Potter Book six discussion' newgroup, and complaining when they're discussing Dumbledore when you haven't gone past page three.

Oh yes. as I posted in another thread, Aeris' strength, power and Magic stats increase much faster than the other characters, I had on 99 half way on disc one, and the others were about 50.

Her mag and spr, I can understand, but your game must be quite off if she had the best STR, considering she has the absolute worth growth of it in the game.

Distain
08-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Yep, was kinda sad, since you spemd time leveling up and stuff, but I was also very consernd, not for her sake, but if I lost al the materia I equiped on her:cry: . And people who come into a thread with this kinda name and then complain about spoilers are either not very atentitive, are just plain dumb, or some other eason that I can't fuiger out. Or maybe they are just complaining simply for the sake of complaining... Anyway, I think that the whoel war between the people who love Aerith and the people who hated Aries is just plain funny:) . I think we should just throw them all into a big room and see who's still standing when the dust clears:D . Much more entertaining then haveing one of these threads pop up every 2 weeks

Ryushikaze
08-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Actually, from my experience, 'pro' people ironically use her name wrong more often than neutrals and detractors.

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 02:08 AM

I think you're going to have to point out which post in this thread intentionally spoiled the game for everyone, or alluded to doing thus in any way.

The thread title.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-22-2006, 02:13 AM
That's not intentionally spoiling the game for someone; that's just making the assumption that anyone who has played FFVII (or, you know, anyone who has even vaguely heard of the game ever), knows about its most famous plot twist.

There is absolutely no malicious intent behind it.

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 02:17 AM
That can be true, but I don't find it particularly hard to go out of my way and name the topic title so it doesn't spoil it for someone just passing by. Naming it 'insert topic title here' *SPOILERS* is usually fine.

KHSephiroth
08-23-2006, 01:16 AM
I dont get it. Ok people say I spoiled this part of the game for them. Its not the only major thing that happens, its just the reason for alot of things that happened afterwards. Ok I also dont get the difference between aerith and aeris. FFVII used aeris where as Kingdom Hearts used Aerith. Theres really no point to argue over the name even though I have heard arguements about it, because technically they are both correct.

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 01:20 AM
I wasn't talking just about you, more about every thread that blatantly reveals the spoiler in the thread title without the consideration of others. Revealing any other spoiler in that way would be just as bad.

Aerith is Square's official name.

Edit: But what do the names have to do with anything?

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeesh, don't freak out people, just because he was a little upset because he didn't know aeris dies doesn't mean you have to get all worked up about it.
I don't care if it's aerith or not really. I'll always call her Aeris. Just like some people say TY-dus instead of TEE-dus.

Hmm....any guesses on when this thread will be closed?
I say, 1-4 days.

Vivisteiner
08-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Cant someone change the topic title, cos it spoils it for people who are even browsing on the main screen. I remember my friend told me that Aeris died ages ago, and I was really annoyed. The spoilers should be stopped, event though its an old game, not everyone has played it yet.

JaytodaP
08-24-2006, 02:24 AM
To top off the funny-ness, she shouldve crapped her pants, because after all, thats the last thing you do before you die.

Laugh at face of Danger
08-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Her magic stat is by far superior throughout the game, making her a wonderful white mage especially with the free healing spells in her limits

I didn't get teary and upset, mainly because i knew it was coming (unlike in ff8 :(), but i kinda missed her presence. I think taht there should have been a tenth character, with another high magic stat.

->JaytodaP, isn't that only when you get shot though?

chrisfffan
08-26-2006, 08:48 PM
i thought it was sad! :(

Crossblades
08-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I didn't find Aeris' death sad. I just didn't care about it

Zeromus_X
08-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Well...on the plus side...

Kitten Sith is the second best mage with little miss flower girl gone...:mwahaha: :cat:

Aurongel
08-28-2006, 12:17 AM
i wasnt expecting her death, i heard how square hinted on a female chyaracters deathy, but I was expecting Tifa, near the Mako

Jessweeee♪
08-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah I was looking through the FAQs and ignoring the spoiler tags and it spoiled me :P

chrisfffan
09-07-2006, 08:51 PM
her death was sad but it added to the game you really wantaed to get revenge and kill sephiroth i did anyway

boys from the dwarf
09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
i liked the scene. not because aeris died, it was because of the emotion and pure amazingness of the scene. its one of the best scenes on the game. i wont go into detail because ive dicsussed this many times. i never really liked aeris and she seemed a bit wierd and i cant really imagine her surviving through the game. i know her death was neccasary but lets just say theres some way she could survive, her personality and storyline would be completely different and it just wouldnt really work.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-07-2006, 09:10 PM
I think Caith Sith should have died with her too...

cloud21zidane16
09-07-2006, 09:13 PM
so what if she didint die, think about it what difference would she of made if she was alive on disc 2 and 3 ? she didnt help me out at all on the first disc, i dread the temple of the ancients because you have to use her

Neo Blackheart
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I tell you what sucked. I could not see that because my disc was messed up so I had to do that put in next disc trick to go on it is freaking awsome that trick

NorthernChaosGod
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Alright, first and foremost, please don't post threads with a SPOILER in the topic title. :eek:

The game has been out for years, if you don't know she died in the game, too bad.

Jessweeee♪
09-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Strange.....I don't remember anyone dying in FFVIII...enlighten me please.