PDA

View Full Version : Kids these days...

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2006, 01:24 AM
One thing that really annoys me is when my relatives talk about how tough they had it when they were my age. It seems like every conversation I have with my parents goes to "When iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii was a kid we had twooooooooo tv's! One with sound and no picture and the other with picture and no sound, we were so poor!!!" or "One day I come home with a detention slip and my parents beat my ass! Then my grandma, then uncle steve and aunt terry, then grandpa!"

WILL YOU SHUT UP?!!!!

:mad: Really, what are you accomplishing by telling me this?

G SpOtZ
08-20-2006, 01:26 AM
They don't want you to take life for granted, duh.

But we all still do.

Croyles
08-20-2006, 01:28 AM
My relatives do the same. I use to get really annoyed at it. Now i can easily tell them that their talking crap.
Some of my relatives actually say true things about what used to be harder than nowadays. But they also say that life was simpler.

They cant be that tough if they need the young ones to think they were poor and noble. :p

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Yup. No one went to college either so if it's not that it's "You'd better go to college or I'll stick a foot up your ass!"

Psychotic
08-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Maybe some of us like having a foot in our ass.

They do it because they're either jealous of your youthfulness, or they're trying to relate to you.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-20-2006, 02:02 AM
They do it because itīs their job kiddo.

Kurui
08-20-2006, 02:10 AM
heh heh, I do that to my parents a lot now because my dad is always telling me how he had 3 jobs when he was like 15 or something... basicly calling me lazy... so now, every time he starts talking about "back when I was your age" I finish for him, and elaborate "I had to walk 15 miles in the snow to get to the meat packing factory every day. Without shoes! And I had to fight off packs of hungry wolves. With my bear hands! And then, when I got there, my boss would wip me with a piece of steak!" :D

Meat Puppet
08-20-2006, 02:18 AM
My dad usually reminds me of the great childhood he had. That's pretty annoying. I don't know if it's better or worse than the parents who complain about having a hard time growing up, though.

Dignified Pauper
08-20-2006, 02:34 AM
i wonder what we'll tell our grandchildren.

We had limited computer power! It was terrible. No holograms. We used gasoline! We read books... ummm... i dunno.

Christmas
08-20-2006, 02:42 AM
I always remind those spoiled brats that spend their times digging their nose in the local park how tough life used to be in the past but they still prefer digging their nose.

feona17
08-20-2006, 02:42 AM
My parents used to do that a lot. But it's true, they just don't want you to take everything you have now for granted and to stay humble and all that hallmark jazz.

KentaRawr!
08-20-2006, 02:58 AM
They do it because they want to start a conversation with you. And really, is there any better way to do it? :p

Sylvie
08-20-2006, 02:59 AM
I've luckily never gotten this crap from my parents. Well, maybe my mom did it a couple of times.

kikimm
08-20-2006, 03:34 AM
It annoys me a lot more when people about my own age do it. Usually, when my relatives say crap like this to me, it's all right - cause they really did have it tough. But the kids who do it, in my experience, have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Reine
08-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Ive heard it a few times. Damn annoying too

Madame Adequate
08-20-2006, 03:40 AM
They do it because their parents did it to them, and when it happened to our parents, that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif was true.

But our parents, for the most part, had it easy. I'll wager most people's parents here are Baby Boomers or the generation after (What's that, like Generation Xers or something?).

Yeah, anyone born after WW2 in the West has it better than anyone born before it.

Frustrated ChocoboBreeder
08-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Hah my parents are the same. Luckily I get away with alot of stuff and don't act like a dumbass in front of my teachers so I've never had a detention.

Fuego
08-20-2006, 04:40 AM
Insert Rant :

I think people these days people are more prone to whine ... where as older people i have met who actually tell me stuff like that (when i was your age etc.), were always better company. I hate listening to whining and for me i hear alot of bitchy whiney complainers !

I think its the gayest thing that you can't disipline your child by spanking ... my mom whipped the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif outta me growing up ... I turned out much better than my pot head friends working at thundercloud and bitching that if they have to make one more frickin sandwhich ... between tokes .

And honestly i have rarely met someone who wasn't neurotic ... take a number and bitch during your turn. Or better yet get a prescription for one of the many disorders plaguing your poor poor life :p
Oh well !

***(and this isn't directed at anyone ... just venting on the topic, but off topic)

Yamaneko
08-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Uh... because kids are stupid and people shouldn't listen to you until you're at least twenty-five.

Moon Rabbits
08-20-2006, 05:29 AM
Uh... because kids are stupid and people shouldn't listen to you until you're at least twenty-five.

<3.

nik0tine
08-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Uh... because kids human beings are stupid and people shouldn't listen to you until you're at least twenty-five ever.

<3.

Moon Rabbits
08-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Uh... because kids human beings are stupid and people shouldn't listen to you until you're at least twenty-five ever.

<3.

<33.

Reles
08-20-2006, 05:44 AM
I've only heard party stories from my parents, oh my god the pot and alcohol and my dad sneaking into my mom's house late at night. :o It only makes me feel straight edge. It kind of amuses me because if I screw up I know that they screw up a lot as kids too.

Hambone
08-20-2006, 06:10 AM
I just slowly walk away when my parents do it.

Anaisa
08-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Old people don't get far attempting to tell me that I've got it easy. Firstly it's usually older females, an I point out that they've always just used men to provide for them, an have never acheived anything for themselves. They've lived in a house a man provided them with, an have never had a career. All they've done with their adult lives is basically be a housewife. So with so little life experience, they have nothing to tell me that I don't already know. An as for the men, they always fall into the same category as the women really. They have a wife/slave who does virtually everything for them but go to work. An they're very fond of saying "I worked hard an provided for my family." Provided them with money only. Usually they had little to do with their children, treated their wife like dirt, an had numerous affairs. But that's ok, because he's paid his wife to run his life for him, an raise their children. Not! They can keep their outdated values to themselves, because I'm too good to live by them.

Sir Bahamut
08-20-2006, 12:11 PM
The older generation has always been complaining about the young generation. There's a famous quote by someone complaining about 'kids these days', where the punchline is that the quote was by Socrates. :rolleyes2 I'm sure we'll all say the same things to our children regardlessly.

Mittopotahis
08-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't get the 'back in my days...' talks much, but I do get the 'you'll understand when you're older.' alot. That annoys the heck out of me, they are just being lazy and not telling you.

Zeldy
08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I get that, I just ignore them ^_^

Fuego
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Its sad cause i actually Do understand now that i am older >.<
Parents are Witches ! every thing my mother said would happen ... up to 90% has happened ... i joke with her now that she cursed me with her witchy momma voodoo :D

Dreddz
08-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Back in there day they were hippies, I think that speaks for itself...:rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm sure they got the same from their parents and them theirs. and so on....
I dread the day when I talk like this to my own children :P
Wait...what am I saying I'm not gonna have children! They might be like me!

Chibi Youkai
08-23-2006, 12:06 AM
My parents never do that to me, nor my grandparents. Of course, the fact that I only see my extended family once every four or so years might have something to do with it.

Alastair|UK
08-27-2006, 01:51 PM
when people is young they remember stuff easy cuz they got a part of brain which they use all youngness when they get older they stop using it and use the rest of brain then when they get older the brain stops again and they use younger bit gain this cycle goes on repeatedly over lots a years

~SapphireStar~
08-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I get told I have it easy alot, I dont think so.

Jessweeee♪
08-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Things will get easier and easier :P

lovehurts
08-28-2006, 11:19 PM
They are just angery or sad that they didnt get such a nice life deep down inside. They are probabally resentfull of your youth and of the way you are able to live your life. Let them babble it doesnt really insult or effect you anyways.

PyroManiak
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
honestly if there was no such thing as tv Id have more fun... u shuld see me when im alone with nothing to do.. actually never mind you cant handle that

Tavrobel
08-28-2006, 11:33 PM
It doesn't annoy me when my parents/grandparents complain about children these days.

Considering where they came from, I think they are right.