PDA

View Full Version : dog

fantasyjunkie
08-20-2006, 09:30 AM
When I was about 8 years old or so, a friend and I were cutting through peoples yards to save time on getting back to his house. Well, lo and behold, we pulled a SANDLOT and landed in the wrong yard. This huge dog tore out of a doghouse and started chasing me while ignoring my buddy.
I ran as fast as I could toward a chain link fence without looking back. But man, I could hear his paws hitting the ground as he closed in. To this day I don't know how I did it, but I cleared that fence in one motion. As I landed on the other side I turned to look through that chain link fence just in time to see that huge dog run full speed into the fence. The fence actually bulged in my direction from the force of the impact. He tried to jump the fence but he couldn't get over it. Too much in shock, all I could do was stand there and watch that dog try to force his way through that fence. That was 31 years ago and I remember like it was yesterday.
But I tell you one thing, after that I stayed on the sidewalk!

Psydekick
08-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Wow you did a fence in one move:eek:

You should be in TV!

No.78
08-20-2006, 10:24 AM
People should have a license for having vicious dogs O.o

OR

Thats what you get for going in someone elses garden, hah!

fantasyjunkie
08-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Well, I had no business being in that yard in the first place :mad:

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Private Property man...even if the dog had bitten you it would be your fault.:D

G SpOtZ
08-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Poor doggy. You shouldn't have gotten it paranoid and scared like that, it no choice but to defend itself. =P

So the dog ignored your friend, huh? Well, I guess dogs are nothing like sharks. Here's a little saying for surfers:

If there's a shark, you don't have to swim faster than it... just faster than your friends.

lovehurts
08-20-2006, 11:19 AM
well either you can jump high like me or an angel picked you up out of that yard.

Levian
08-20-2006, 02:55 PM
That dog is probably 40 years old now. Or, y'know, dead.

Hambone
08-20-2006, 04:02 PM
This sounds strangely like the movie, The Sandlot.

Fuego
08-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Poor doggy. You shouldn't have gotten it paranoid and scared like that, it no choice but to defend itself. =P

So the dog ignored your friend, huh? Well, I guess dogs are nothing like sharks. Here's a little saying for surfers:

If there's a shark, you don't have to swim faster than it... just faster than your friends.
LMAO ...

I love dogs. but i have seen some vicious specimens >.<
Chow dogs ... i swear are the devils flying monkeys ... i saw one leap over a fence (much like i am sure you did) to attack a 10 year old girl in my neighborhood . i was torn over physically hurting the dog or letting the girl get it ... in the end i had to mace the dog, cause i couldn't bring myself to hit or kick the dog and was afraid i would get bit in the groin since i had a pair of swim trunks on and a tank top. (not to mention that poor little girl was shriekin' like a howler monkey).
In the end she was ok (a few stitches) and the chow had to be put down ....

Mr. Graves
08-20-2006, 05:56 PM
It sounds like you narrowly avoided a trip to the hospitol on that one. G'job on the fence; crossing it in one move is quite a feat. Ever since I was bitten by a dog at one of my friend's place when I was around 9, I've been apprehensive dogs that aren't owned by me or my family. It wasn't a pretty site even though I only had one puncture wound, although it could have easily been worse.

rubah
08-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Nowadays, unless people have signs up saying "beware of dog" they can get sued even if it's their own private property and you;re mucking around on it.

My friend has two TINY dogs. one is a hyperactive little thing and the other is decrepit, and they had to put a sign saying beware of dog up in their yard.

They also had to fence in their yard because they had an inflatable pool, and if someone were to walk into their yard, trip over a big piece of air filled plastic and drown in a foot of water, they could be sued.

Cities are dumb places.

I was going to my uncle's house when I was little, he was having a party, and my sister was leading me, and his old dog Ranger bit me on the leg ;.; I was afraid to go to my uncle's house (which was nextdoor) for years until Ranger died. He wasn't a big dog, just a small beagle or something that hated little kids. Big dogs that are taller than I am when they get on their back paws sorta scare me; my brother used to have two massive dogs that would jump up on you and they tore up a coat I had and loved, but he only has one of them now, and I make sure I at elast pretend to be assertive and keep her in mind where her place is and who is in control ;ooo (not the dog!)

Arrianna
08-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Adrenalin is an amazing thing isn't it?

I'm not the one who went over the fence but I had a friend get cocky once and go into a yard with a dog in it anyway. I don't think he thought the dog would do anything but when it went after him with blood on it's mind he bailed. One leap over the fence and landed sprawling on the ground on the other side.

Adrenalin.

Reles
08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Large dogs scare me especially since most weigh more than me and they try to jump up because they're excited. ;-; But I've never been seriously hurt by any.

Vikeve
08-20-2006, 08:57 PM
There was a Huge Dog that some of my neibors had and the dog got loose and started chasing my best friend and I, we were sooo freakin scared that dog looked like it was on steriods. We ran so freakn fast faster than i ever had before and he outran the thing after a couple blocks or maybe not we splite up in the confusion. When we got home my freind was practically crying he was hapy to be alive! I dont blame him he's more scared than dogs then i am. I got bite in the butt from a dog once, i hate that dog so much.:mad2:

One time my bus broke down on the way home so since i was still far i decided to take a shortcut with my friends and everyone else when there were huge dogs in the yard we wandered into they chased us and in that moment there was no friends i ran like hell but nobody got hurt i think the dogs were more scared of us.

Even chased by dogs doesn't scare me that much but i was dramatized when a little black dog who's head was smaller than my hand humped me!*shutters*

Psydekick
08-20-2006, 09:20 PM
That dog is probably 40 years old now. Or, y'know, dead.
I never seen a dog that can live for that long so yes its proably........:cry: :crying::crying2:in doggy heaven

Reine
08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Im not so fond of dogs, mainly for reasons like that.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow you did a fence in one move when you were 8!!!! :eek:

You really should be on TV!

(in Bold = i added in)

Dreddz
08-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Im surprised you managed to jump over a fence at 8 while a dog couldnt. Especially if it was a large dog ( Im presuming as he ripped out his Kenal ).

fantasyjunkie
08-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Im surprised you managed to jump over a fence at 8 while a dog couldnt. Especially if it was a large dog ( Im presuming as he ripped out his Kenal ).
I wish I had an explanation for you but I don't. I don't know what kind it was, all I know is that is was big and 100% black and really trying to get through that fence. The police should really have all 8 year old trespassing boys run from angry dogs as a lesson. Believe me, it would work! :D

Sylvie
08-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Was the dog said to be a legendary beast that ate baseballs?

fantasyjunkie
08-21-2006, 06:34 AM
I like the way it slobbered all over the place! I've seen that movie countless times and never got tired of it.

Sylvie
08-21-2006, 07:00 AM
The Sandlot is a wonderful movie, and it reminds me of your encounter.