PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online (my experiences with Taekwon)

Markus. D
08-20-2006, 09:32 AM
After about a 3 months play of ROing, I have reached level 99/70 with the Taekwon advancement.

Pros of Taekwon:
1. Kicking stuff, a little differant to using a weapon.
2. Taekwon Mission allows an extra 100 skill points! D:
3. can heal SP and HP rather quick.
4. no really glorified use of SP.

Cons of Taekwon:
1. Kicking stuff = no weapon, so no spectacular slotted weapon modifiers which sucks the most.
2. Kick specials require the use of Preperation stances making the skill use based on luck rather then making it a fun spam-a-lot party.
3. SP and HP quick regen is only attained when next to the same class or advanced version of it.
4. Pre-Star-Linkers are useless ... really fricken useless until they are Star Linkers.
5. Taekwon Mission skill may give a potential 100 extra skill points, but require alot of extra pre-planned paths in your skill build.
6. Taekwon Missioning is either a breeze, a challenge, or a bunch of MVP fights, as once you use it for the first time, the monster that is summoned, is always the one thats summoned each time you take the test.

Now I didn’t play Taekwon to become a Star-Gladiator…. So I choiced the Star-Linker instead.

Pros of Star-Linker:
1. Once you attain the power to Spam Esma, you can lovingly Uber through the game with a dazzle and razzle of pretty flashy attacks.
2. Linker is an enfeeble-class with its own dose of Es- type abilities, and can even do skill combinations through them.
3. Linker has the greatest Support buffs, narrowing into a specific class and giving them the Soul-Link status, very potent to others, you even get some special abilities from its use.
4. Heavy Support Buffs (also known as Ka- type abilities) give the ability to live.
5. Linkers are far better support classes then the Priest/High-Priest if the Linker has the Funds for SP upkeep.
6. can wield Daggers.
7. Eventually attains a Ka- skill that gives an effect of auto-ressurect on death.
8. the greatest anti-SinXs and Gunslingers again thanks to a Ka- type skill.
9. another brilliant skill inherited from the Taekwon give you the ability to add pretty much any elemental property to an ATK and a MATK, very useful.

Cons of the Star-Linker
1. Es- Esma requires you to need a hefty amount of dex for spammaging, and the ability to use it only lasts for 3 seconds.
2. Linkers have no AoE skills whatsoever ;_; which is a shame.
3. You can’t use the Kick skills you learned as a Taekwon.
4. The Link skills (i.e. Monk Spirit) cost a lot of SP… A LOT, we are talking 400+ per cast.
5. Ka- type abilities can only be cast on yourself, your spouse, your adopted child or another Star-Linker, which is just >->…
6. You will NEED most of the Ka- type abilities to not die in one hit when using an Int-Dex stat build… or any build that doesn’t build on Vit.

I love my Star-Linker, Spamming 6 rounds of Esma per activation (6x10 = 60. 6 uses = 9k to 15k damage, you add it up :])

Hope that was an okay read ^-^”

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/82759152-Pic1.JPG << Process of an Esma Spam fest, Star-Linker can even defend in the LightHalzen Bio-Labs and its equiv.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/24417928-Pic2.JPG << changing element of attack to Holy.

edit:6 uses = 9k to 15k damage, ive re-tested and thats per use o-o.

edit edit: so thats like.... 9k-15k x 6 = up to 90,000 and on. whoah....