PDA

View Full Version : MY STOMACH!

lovehurts
08-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Tommorow I start college as a freshman. Tommorow. I am very nervous. I feel sick and tommorow I'll probabally be puking.

Anwyays you can talk to me about that and my feelings OR please share your college experience, your 1st day if you remember it or how you feelt starting college. Or just a good college memmory...um..keep it apporpiate and PG though.:)

Dreddz
08-20-2006, 04:49 PM
If Dazed and Confused has taught us anything, is that you should be scared....

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Ok man it goes like this i just ended my freshman year and let me tell the first day i almost crapped my pants...(not really) but i was nervous as hell.

So when i got there i went to the reception desk to ask where the presentation was going to be and the guy sayd "Go to the D block", so i went to the D block the only problem was there were about 10 blocks and they had no sign.So i ended up lost...

Eventually after asking about 5 different people where the D block i decided to go ask a girl with the academic uniform if she knew where the D block was an her answer was:

"Itīs right in front of you!Are you a freshman!?"

I told her i was and that i was there for the veterinary presentation and she answered:

"Well then get in line freshman!!!!!!!!!"

So i did step in line but i had to go to the end of the line and accidentely stepped on the mascot of veterinary,it was a baby golden retreiver and every veteran of veterinary started yelling at me.

At the end of the day i was painted in the arms and face had to sing and dance my University song in front of a really big bunch of people and that ritual prelonged itself for a week...

But not everything was bad i got to know a lot of people and right on the first day got the contact of some of my classmates and went to a different party everyday.

So if you had the patience to read all of this to the end my message is for you to go there with a open spirit and donīt get upset because in the end you will have one of the best days of your life (trust me i know it) and you arenīt forced to do something that you donīt want to.
Look at me i had a bad begining and know iīm walking on sunshine:)

And thatīs why i wonīt tell you to be nervous because thatīs pretty much impossible but just go there and try to enjoy the experience really.

Good Luck!;)

Levian
08-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Just picture everyone naked.

lovehurts
08-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Between the naked post and the one before I HAHAAH-ed.:D

Thanks guys. I would have posted this thread in EOEO but Im banned from there.

Levian
08-20-2006, 05:24 PM

You laughed at the warn symbol between our posts?

I Am Stoner
08-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Ahh, its all good buddy. Fuck what other people think. You know its gonna rock and your gonna make great friends, do class work, maybe even score many chicks, who knows, but im sure it will be fine.

My first day consited of....

Me walking into college, making friends, doing work, going to the pub at lunch time, before class get a reefer in, then work untill college finishes.

You'll be fine dude, know worries.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer

Actually the naked advice was pretty good...but iīm afraid of the side effects of imagining some of my female classmates naked...

XxSephirothxX
I just had it last Wednesday. Wasn't a big deal at all, really. The only hard part was finding my classes on time on a city-size campus.

lovehurts
08-20-2006, 05:27 PM

:p

Sure , why not :p

Ok , so all I have to do is step on the mascot and Im in!!!:D

EDIT: Thanks again everyone :)

Captain Maxx Power
08-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure hazing only occurs in America. In England we generally don't have "Freshmen" or anything like that. Saying that I'll start Uni as a new student, despite being 20, and there will be people of all ages, some from other course (like myself).

Shlup
08-20-2006, 05:42 PM
What's to be nervous about? College is way better than high school! You go to class, you're done, you leave class. Want to miss class? That's your problem. Afraid to get stuck with the geeks at lunch time? There is no lunch time. Hazing only happens if you're rushing a frat, and only stupid people feel the need to sell their dignity to join those sort of social whoreholes [excluding academic and other non-social whorehole frats].

Madame Adequate
08-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Whenever I get nervous, I just think of Shlup's dinosaur.

Shlup
08-20-2006, 05:52 PM
He's never nervous.

Dr Unne
08-20-2006, 06:01 PM
College is a 4-year vacation. It's natural to be nervous when you start something new but you'll get over it quickly. Enjoy your time there.

My first class my freshman year was Japanese. I walked into a room with about 100 people in it. I didn't know anyone in there. I didn't know a word of Japanese. I found a chair and tried to hide in it. Then the teachers came in, and if you've ever seen a native Japanese person try to teach a class (or do anything else involving work) you'll probably know that they aren't very relaxing or comforting. Teachers were running around the room full-speed handing out papers and whatnot. Howver 50 minutes later it was done with and my other classes were mostly fun.

lovehurts
08-20-2006, 06:12 PM
College is a 4-year vacation. It's natural to be nervous when you start something new but you'll get over it quickly. Enjoy your time there.

My first class my freshman year was Japanese. I walked into a room with about 100 people in it. I didn't know anyone in there. I didn't know a word of Japanese. I found a chair and tried to hide in it. Then the teachers came in, and if you've ever seen a native Japanese person try to teach a class (or do anything else involving work) you'll probably know that they aren't very relaxing or comforting. Teachers were running around the room full-speed handing out papers and whatnot. Howver 50 minutes later it was done with and my other classes were mostly fun.

That is awesome that( you know japanese....?)

Yah 100 people in one room!!? YIKes. A little freaky. I'll manage though, yes.:)

Shlup
08-20-2006, 06:33 PM

I call shenanigans! Except that I can't spell it. My experimental psych teacher was Chinese and the lab teacher was Japanese and both were very laid back. Excessively organized though.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
What's to be nervous about? College is way better than high school! You go to class, you're done, you leave class. Want to miss class? That's your problem. Afraid to get stuck with the geeks at lunch time? There is no lunch time. Hazing only happens if you're rushing a frat, and only stupid people feel the need to sell their dignity to join those sort of social whoreholes [excluding academic and other non-social whorehole frats].

I donīt know what they do to you in your country but in my country there is no such thing as fraternities, i was "hazed" and it was fun i wasnīt forced to do anything and i donīt consider myself stupid far from it.:mad:

Reles
08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
College is cake. Nothing much to it, except for long hours of studying, which hasn't even hit me yet.

Psychotic
08-20-2006, 11:32 PM
It's alright, lovehurts. Everybody needs to fit in and make lots of friends, however, ignore everyone who says be yourself. These people are wrong. Instead, here is my step-by-step guide to becoming the Campus King:

Step 1: Buy several polo shirts.
Step 2: Wear the polo shirts.
Step 3: Make sure the collar is popped up at all times.

Congratulations, you are now popular!

Now for the ladies, because after all, that's what college is all about! Am I right? Huh? Huh? :jokey:

Step 1: Go to a popular student bar. Sometimes you may need fake ID, what with the wacky American alcohol laws.
Step 2: Find an attractive female student, who is older than you. After all, you're too good for freshman girls!
Step 3: Tell her you're going to be a doctor.
Step 4: Try to cop a feel, before being shrugged off. Bonus points if you earn a slap.
Step 5: Vomit on your shoes before stumbling back home.

Success! You are now the University's #1 Cassanova!

That's just some beginner basics. I can give you some advanced tips such as "Failing algebra by not attending class, then acting indignant about it" but I think this will keep you going for a while.

lovehurts
08-20-2006, 11:57 PM
It's alright, lovehurts. Everybody needs to fit in and make lots of friends, however, ignore everyone who says be yourself. These people are wrong. Instead, here is my step-by-step guide to becoming the Campus King:

Step 1: Buy several polo shirts.
Step 2: Wear the polo shirts.
Step 3: Make sure the collar is popped up at all times.

Congratulations, you are now popular!

Now for the ladies, because after all, that's what college is all about! Am I right? Huh? Huh? :jokey:

Step 1: Go to a popular student bar. Sometimes you may need fake ID, what with the wacky American alcohol laws.
Step 2: Find an attractive female student, who is older than you. After all, you're too good for freshman girls!
Step 3: Tell her you're going to be a doctor.
Step 4: Try to cop a feel, before being shrugged off. Bonus points if you earn a slap.
Step 5: Vomit on your shoes before stumbling back home.

Success! You are now the University's #1 Cassanova!

That's just some beginner basics. I can give you some advanced tips such as "Failing algebra by not attending class, then acting indignant about it" but I think this will keep you going for a while.

:p

-N-
08-21-2006, 01:20 AM
FROSH GET ME A BEER | Psy is a good frosh.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-21-2006, 01:21 AM
College is like jail, except with more rape.

-N-
08-21-2006, 01:23 AM
I hope you don't attend the Claremont Colleges because I will hunt you down and do unspeakable things to you that will greatly embarass you in front of your friends but next year when you start doing that to the new frosh everyone will think you're cool because some random senior found you worthwhile enough to haze you and now you get to do it to everyone else yeah it's great.

Dr Unne
08-21-2006, 01:50 AM
That is awesome that( you know japanese....?)

iie

I call shenanigans! Except that I can't spell it. My experimental psych teacher was Chinese and the lab teacher was Japanese and both were very laid back. Excessively organized though.

But my precious stereotypes. :(

Dignified Pauper
08-21-2006, 02:25 AM
college is wonderful. anyone who is nervous enough to puke though on the first day, well, yu should be punched in the face.

lovehurts
08-21-2006, 02:26 AM
college is wonderful. anyone who is nervous enough to puke though on the first day, well, yu should be punched in the face.

I exzarate a little....sometimes....:)

Doomie
08-21-2006, 03:46 AM
I soooo wanna start a fraternity, now. I don't care if my name is Erik. I want to be called Frank the tank.

Moon Rabbits
08-21-2006, 04:49 AM

Let me in!

Mittopotahis
08-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Can someone explain to me what 'Freshman' means? We don't have them over here. We are all stale men.

black orb
08-21-2006, 09:49 AM
>>> I remember that every year the oldbies played some very mean pranks to the college noobs.
I never got into that stuff though..

Dignified Pauper
08-21-2006, 11:07 AM

what you've accurately described here is someone i like to call Neel

lovehurts
08-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Well I start college today in 2 hours.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Thatīs great donīt forget to walk with your head up and donīt lose yourself like i did...

lovehurts
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
IT was ok. I saw some old aquaintances (something like that)

I have to sign onto my internet course ctach you later.

BizarroSephiroth
08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Tommorow I start college as a freshman. Tommorow. I am very nervous. I feel sick and tommorow I'll probabally be puking.

Anwyays you can talk to me about that and my feelings OR please share your college experience, your 1st day if you remember it or how you feelt starting college. Or just a good college memmory...um..keep it apporpiate and PG though.:)

In a few weeks i start H.S as a freshman. I am RRRRRRRREEEEAAAALLLYYY NERVOUSSSSSSSSS

Peegee
08-21-2006, 06:24 PM
um..keep it apporpiate and PG though.:)

You got it.

-----

College affords abnormal (exponential compared to current growth rates) amounts of freedom. Also depending on what you study, you will likely only get an academic understanding of the topic in question.

This may/may not afford you a nice life, but basically what I'm getting at is even if you study something worthwhile (science), it doesn't teach you life lessons of value like what to do with you rmoney or that you should pay off visa payments, then mortgage payments, then misc loans, etc etc.

The point is, take college for what it's worth: just a 3/4 year crash course in whatever it is you are paying them to teach you. It doesn't teach you anything else.

Also the nonsense that your parents feed you about getting an education and working hard doesn't pay off. You need to learn about investments. If you don't invest a portion of your earnings, you will suffer after retirement, or (God forbid) if you have to stop working for some reason permanently.

Stuff like that you should seriously think about. If you start now, by the time you get to my age (27) it will be much more valuable. Do some basic interest rates calculations to get an idea of what I'm babbling about.

Oh and there's lots of girls. OMG. And they're almost all willing. :wink:

lovehurts
08-21-2006, 06:28 PM
[
Oh and there's lots of girls. OMG. And they're almost all willing. :wink:
YES!!!!

Oh and everything else you said, I think it is a wise observation. I need to know more about that stuff. YOu make good points PG.:)

*rushed back to internet class*

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-21-2006, 11:45 PM
its not as bad as you think really at first its a little daunting but when you know your way around (which will probably take less than a week) you'll no that its just one big chill out session (minus the exam period, but those times always suck) where you can bitch about your subjects and drink before lectures (well maybe not the latter) but yeah its much better than highschool

lol goodluck

and the people arent as bad cause they're basically in the same boat as you but yes there are more of a variety of girls at colleges or university as we call it here!

Yamaneko
08-21-2006, 11:53 PM
There's nothing to worry about. You go to class and take care of business.

I'd already been on campus many times before, so my first day I found all my classes pretty much spot-on. Five hours later I drove back home. Now my schedule is so sporadic that I kind of wish I was a freshman again. But yeah you'll do fine. In college there's no senseless socializing outside of class. In fact most people are by themselves drinking coffee or something.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-21-2006, 11:56 PM
There's nothing to worry about. You go to class and take care of business.

I'd already been on campus many times before, so my first day I found all my classes pretty much spot-on. Five hours later I drove back home. Now my schedule is so sporadic that I kind of wish I was a freshman again. But yeah you'll do fine. In college there's no senseless socializing outside of class. In fact most people are by themselves drinking coffee or something.

Not on my college...