PDA

View Full Version : Lvling tips

TidusMaster
08-20-2006, 05:39 PM
can someone give me some tips on lvling fast? i can barley ever find a party in dunes!

coll
08-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I have never had problems finding a party in the dunes, I suppose it depends on your job, i'm a RDM, on my server (Titan) when I was leveling in the dunes there were never any WHM's so from level 10 to 17 I spent most of that main healing and the odd time enfeebling.

Ouch!
08-20-2006, 06:05 PM
First of all, I checked your info out in the character information thread. You're a level 19 WAR/MNK, right? Well, there's a couple things that could possibly be holding you back.

The first of which is that you're in the Dunes still. I've noticed that these days, people are becoming less and less inclined to stay in the Dunes until level 20. Most people just head on to Jeuno and the nearby Qufim Island. That would be my first suggestion of where you should go to solve the problem.

Other possible setbacks that you should always be aware of:
1. Keep your subjob leveled at all times. Even a level or two below what it should be can give you a bad impression with other players.

2. Continue to do missions to keep your rank in check with your levels. I really get wary of the player's intention when I see they're level 30 and only rank 1. It makes me wonder if they have much experience with the game.

3. Keep up-to-date equipment. You don't need to be an elitist, but try to have decent equipment all the way through--even if this means stopping and gilfarming along the way a bit.

Those three are the best suggestions I can give you. They aren't neccessarily tips to "leveling fast" other than the fact that the first two will help you get parties faster. They make you more competitive for the position, and as long as you maintain those three, and you do a good job playing your role in the party, you shouldn't get a reputation that'll hurt you.

That's about all I've got--mostly common sense--but it's ignored by many.

No.78
08-20-2006, 08:20 PM
19 is an awkward level. Sometimes qufim wants you, other times you'll be sitting in qufim waiting for ages for nothing...

I say solo to 20 then go seek in qufim.

Markus. D
08-20-2006, 11:34 PM
find a nice waiting spot.

and set mode to looking for group.

dodhungry
08-21-2006, 03:34 AM
What Ouch said is very straight to the point and extreamly true. Many people like to other players who put effort into their char. The other day I can't believe I seen a lvl 13 Thf still using his lvl 1 gear in the dunes. I had to give him a sword b/c he couldnt hit the mobs worth crap.

Now here is an example of something positive of keeping your char in check. The other day I needed help doing the Dragoon dragon fight. A guy came up and Power Lvled that fight and a few other things with me just because I kept my char in check and had good gear.

ScottNUMBERS
08-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Do you have an Empress Band?

Having one of these allows you to accumulate Experience Points 1.5 times faster.

strawberryman
08-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Personally, I just solo through the dunes now. >_>

But, what Ouch! said is the total truth. I've seen a few people around 20 gimping on their subjob, and it made me want to hit them.

Vertisce
08-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Its kinda rough starting out though...me and my wife just started up again and its hard without that subjob. I was an RDM and she was BLM and we just kept dying...it wasnt working too good. Switched over to me being a MNK and her a WHM and we were rockin the rest of the night and did twice the amount of leveling in the same amount of time.

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-22-2006, 08:16 AM
I usually make my own PT or just solo thru dunes i HATE waiting for an invite there. Today i was too lazy to make my own PT since no WAR NIN or PLD were looking so i waited got 50 invites each was full of n00bs that dont realize that a lvl 16whm doesnt go with lvl11-13 members. so if u want a good pt learn how to make ur own.

themagicroundabout
08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Do you have an Empress Band?

Having one of these allows you to accumulate Experience Points 1.5 times faster.

To be honest, this is one of the only fool proof ways to ensure faster leveling up. Way to go, ScottNUMBERS!