PDA

View Full Version : School

Northcrest
08-20-2006, 06:36 PM
So far my back has been hurting for 2 days straight at school because of my stupid over sized backpack. All of my classes are Pre-AP plus my electives are spanish, keyboarding, and AVID. I also don't have lunch with my best friend at my school (No offense Hambone). Hope everyone esle on this site is having a better time at school then I'am. (If your have school at this moment.) :bigbiggri:

Rye
08-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Awww, the oversized backpack kids. xD My brother is going to be one this year, he's going into his freshman year of High School. I'm a junior. School starts for me on the 8th of September. I will be upset if I don't have lunch with my best friend. ;__;

rubah
08-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Re: pained backs-- USE YOUR LOCKER

I know so many kids who just put ALL their books in their bags and carry them around all day long. It is the stupidest thing ever. Then their bags break and I giggle at them trying to reattach the straps.

Raven Nox
08-20-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't start school until next week, but I'm going to be a junior in high school. I'm far from an oversized backpack kid though, I don't even have a backpack. I have this bag that hangs on your shoulder-thingy whatever they call it. xD Though, it's pretty small, so it is a little over stuffed, but not because I have super hard classes or anything. My school only has one lunch, so I don't have to worry about getting lunch with my friends. =)

McLovin'
08-20-2006, 06:47 PM
I leave my stuff at home.

If my teachers ask for it I will get it next class.

Simple.

Screw lockers. I am too lazy to put my stuff in them.

Fuego
08-20-2006, 06:54 PM
I always forgot my locker combo cause i was drunk ... but i got a 90%-98% in my english classes ... well it went down my last year cause i slept through a real big assignment due to drinking the night before ... but i love being drunk and writing when the page is like melting off my desk :tongue:
I love'd geography cause i got an instant A for binging a Coffee Maker to Class and Gourmet coffee :D
All of my ats classes were great cause even if i was painting sideways i could accredit it to artistic vision >.<
and the rest like science and math ... i blacked out LOL i can't remember how i did but i must have passed . not bad for a lush like me :shoot:

Arrianna
08-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Try a backpack on rollers. They're heaven in collage.

Resha
08-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I couldn't be arsed to run back and forth from my locker, so I carried everything in my bag~ Blah! It wasn't too bad. It made my spine stronger, I h..ope.

Reles
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM

I know so many kids who just put ALL their books in their bags and carry them around all day long. It is the stupidest thing ever. Then their bags break and I giggle at them trying to reattach the straps.

Think of the kids that weren't allowed to have backpacks period! :( It made me so sad... I guess our school is paranoid that kids are going to hold weapons of some sort inside them then whip them out in the middle of class.

Decessus
08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
All my stuff is in my trapper or locker. I don't know why people have so much crap, all I usually have in my locker is a book. The rest is in my trapper, which is very light.

rubah
08-20-2006, 08:21 PM

Think of the kids that weren't allowed to have backpacks period! :( It made me so sad... I guess our school is paranoid that kids are going to hold weapons of some sort inside them then whip them out in the middle of class.
We weren't allowed to have backpacks in middle school. People brought them anyways.

It meant we never had to take our books home-- they issued a home set and then had a set in the classroom to use.

Shauna
08-20-2006, 08:25 PM

My school doesn't have lockers. Aren't we just the luckiest kids ever!? :( We have to carry our books around all day. It sucks. ;_; Especially on days when you have subjects that require heavy books. :(

Fuego
08-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Ouchie :p
I had attended one MS where we couldn't use our backpacks just lockers and one MS where we didn't have lockers just backpacks .
In HS though we could use both and i did :D
(well you know what i mean ... Liquor in the Back pack and Books in the locker) :nibbles:
But i don't recomend doing this because schools now are like mini prisons from 8-4 ... we own you sort of thing ... :shudder: although not as bad as the cult i joined in 1993 ... (j/k) :lol:

Zeldy
08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I had a locker in my very first year at High School. I havnt had a locker for the last 2 years.

I had a huge backpack in my first year, I soon ditched it for a small trendy one. :p
My current school bag is a Pucca one a friend got me, now that Im going into Seniors all my school books will be A4 so I cant have small diddy cute bags anymore ;___;

Shiny
08-20-2006, 10:06 PM

Ugh, I know two people I'm friends with who do that. They continuously complain about their backs hurting and then when I ask them if they want to put it in their locker they go, "Oh, no it's fine. I'll just carry them in my backpack." I start school September 7th. Hopefully I'll be fortunate like last time and have most of my friends in one lunch.

Xaven
08-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Our school district is pathetic. None of the high schools have lockers. :D

My backpack isn't big, per se. Just average sized. :D However, it was completely stuffed with books, notebooks, and gorged binders. Man, what a trooper. My friends couldn't even carry it for more than 10 seconds. Surprisingly, I'm not even kidding. :D I have no idea how everyone else had bags weighing under 2 lbs.

Hyphys
08-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I like school.

Girls everywhere.

feona17
08-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Lockers are a smurfing lifesaver. In the ninth grade, I used to carry all my books/binders everywhere. It was dumb. I love my locker, there's nothing better than that rusty blue space.

Mo-Nercy
08-21-2006, 12:58 AM
I lost my rights to have a locker in Year 9 but I used to just not bring stuff to school and borrow from friends.

Or you know, just skip the class altogether. :p

Now that I'm in uni, I don't carry much more than a few readers and maybe some library research books around. I bring my laptop to uni sometimes so it can get heavy, but never bulky. My bag is actually quite huge (Country Road bag (http://x89.xanga.com/fd2b5a0b0453041151587/z28024395.jpg); mine's black though) so it never looks full.

Vikeve
08-21-2006, 02:01 AM
I always use my locker even though i get late for class by talking and going to my locker its a small price to pay. I havent started school yet.:)

I have friends that keep everything in their backpack and laugh when they say their backs are hurting. The friends that put everything in theor backpacks are the ones who care way to much about school. I know someone not a friend i actually dont like the girl very much since she's a poser but she cried becuase she forgot one assignment not even a project, take it easy school's important but that was just pathetic who cares. I thought it was funny.

Im gonna try to do better this year though. Im tired of getting strate Cs.

Hambone
08-21-2006, 02:09 AM
So far my back has been hurting for 2 days straight at school because of my stupid over sized backpack. All of my classes are Pre-AP plus my electives are spanish, keyboarding, and AVID. I also don't have lunch with my best friend at my school (No offense Hambone). Hope everyone esle on this site is having a better time at school then I'am. (If your have school at this moment.) :bigbiggri:

AVID sucks. It's too bad your mom made you take it. Get a bigger backpack, Joseph. Your's isn't that big. I've seen it.

Spammerman
08-21-2006, 03:28 AM
I only ue my locker to store empty space. I once thought i had a rash that when the length of the forearm and went to the nurse and she said it was friction burn, and then she took my bookbag and weighed it, and it weighed in a a small20 lb. I could lift weights with that thing, and i did.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-21-2006, 03:32 AM
I have been going already for a full week! I hate school. It sucks. I miss summer vacation already...

nik0tine
08-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Don't worry. I'm not having a better time than you.

Christmas
08-21-2006, 04:48 AM
I alway bring my personal Doraemon with me back in those days at school. :bigsmile:

Miriel
08-21-2006, 05:48 AM

Most of the schools in my district didn't have the luxury of lockers.

Yamaneko
08-21-2006, 05:49 AM
My high school had lockers, but we couldn't use them because students put guns and drugs in them or something.

BakerMan
08-21-2006, 06:35 AM
I've got 7 days left until school starts and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm pretty much a loner in school. The only thing I can look forward to is acting like an idiot on the bus, complete opposite of me in school. I learned from using a backpack, NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Mittopotahis
08-21-2006, 06:40 AM
You guys are crazy. Currently I'm in the middle of the school year. Our school year finishes along with the actual year, you know, to avoid confusion. Plus we get our summer holidays off during Christmas and the months surrounding so :p to you.

I always just take to school whatever books I need that day. Too bad for me if that involves three text books and three notebooks, that's about as bad as it gets. I'm not sure what you mean by 'big bags' but ours are quite beefy. I'd consider it big.

I don't use a locker cause it just seems to be too much of a pain. First I need to go buy a lock to claim one, and then I need to travel to the top floor of the senior building just to get to it. Not that I don't have to for two of my subjects, but the rest are all in the science labs. I really couldn't be bothered walking up 2 flights of stairs, to be honest. Anyway, most are already in use, and the ones which aren't have been flipped upside down/back to front/both by one of my mates. He just creates havoc with those lockers. And no one can be screwed turning them back, so they have just kind of stayed that way.

Moon Rabbits
08-21-2006, 08:14 AM
:( I just realized I only have 18 days of summer holidays left :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm glad I'm a sophomore now, though.

starseeker
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm going into 6th form last 2 years of school) and we get tiny lockers. I keep everything in my lockers and don't take heavy stuff home because I have to get a bus. All my maths and science homework got done at lunchtime because they had massive textbooks and the work was usually done in 15 minutes.

Hambone
08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Ouchie :p
I had attended one MS where we couldn't use our backpacks just lockers and one MS where we didn't have lockers just backpacks .
In HS though we could use both and i did :D
(well you know what i mean ... Liquor in the Back pack and Books in the locker) :nibbles:
But i don't recomend doing this because schools now are like mini prisons from 8-4 ... we own you sort of thing ... :shudder: although not as bad as the cult i joined in 1993 ... (j/k) :lol:

Do/did you go to U.T?

aquatius
08-22-2006, 12:26 PM
My first locker got kicked in, I had to then get a locker where the smokers hang arounds, that got punched in. So eventually I stole a year 7 locker, this year I'll get an indoor locker.

Hambone
08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Okay, for eveyone saying "use a locker" he doesn't have them at his school.