PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon?

01 Rin
08-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I saw somewhere (of course, I forgot) that you can get a Ribbon from Flailing Ochus? By bribing them? Grrr. Can someone correct me or let me know how to get a third Ribbon?
I got 2 right now:
1 from underground Bevelle
1 from defeating Angra Mainyu

SeeDRankLou
08-21-2006, 01:02 AM
It's a rare bribe when a Flailing Ochu is oversouled.

dragontamer
08-21-2006, 12:45 PM
or you could just finnish the game and then use new game +. youll still have the Two Ribbons and all of your dresspherers
DT

Aria28
08-21-2006, 02:34 PM
I saw somewhere (of course, I forgot) that you can get a Ribbon from Flailing Ochus? By bribing them? Grrr. Can someone correct me or let me know how to get a third Ribbon?
I got 2 right now:
1 from underground Bevelle
1 from defeating Angra Mainyu

There are a few other ways to get third ribbon, on top of bribing oversouled Flailing Ochu, namely:

-In Thunder Plain, calibrate tower 10 perfectly during mini-game (CH2 or CH3). Come back for the fiends mission in CH5 and score Ribbon in a chest (I think it's that, I'll have to check my notes to be sure though)

-Rare Bribe from Omega Weapon or Ultima Weapon, OR regular bribe from oversouled Omega Weapon or Ultima Weapon. If you've got the money, I'd say go for that one ;-)

Am I missing another ribbon source?

01 Rin
08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Okay, so when bribing oversouled Flailing Ochus, Omega or Ultima Weapons (oversouled or not), how much should I bribe? Or is the amount listed in the Official FFX-2 Strategy Guide's bestiary?

Aria28
08-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Okay, so when bribing oversouled Flailing Ochus, Omega or Ultima Weapons (oversouled or not), how much should I bribe? Or is the amount listed in the Official FFX-2 Strategy Guide's bestiary?

I don't have the US guide. What I remember is that rule in splitinfinity's walkthrough, that, to be sure you get the item, you should offer an amount equal to the enemy's maximum HP*6.25

That means, for Omega Weapon oversouled, you should offer 25,410*6.25=158813 Gils. You may get it for less, but if I remember how this works, it's the minimal amout to make sure you get said item

kain_ex
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM

I don't have the US guide. What I remember is that rule in splitinfinity's walkthrough, that, to be sure you get the item, you should offer an amount equal to the enemy's maximum HP*6.25

That means, for Omega Weapon oversouled, you should offer 25,410*6.25=158813 Gils. You may get it for less, but if I remember how this works, it's the minimal amout to make sure you get said item

I saw that FAQ too, the bribe formula is that one. If you do right and it don't work just keep adding 1 gil until the fiend is bribed. Or you could just use the random reels, get three 7's in a line and you win gil, defeat the monster and receive a bribe item.