PDA

View Full Version : Sepiroth v Cloud fight in Japanese version?

Tainted Angel
08-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Can swear I remember this. But I can't find a page with info on it. I'm asking, because I'm being challanged to find the info, if anybody remembers this.

Where would I find info on the special CGI fight between Sepiroth and Cloud?

Ouch!
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
There definitely was in KH2 in both the Japanese and NA release, but I guess you mean the first game.

Sephiroth was added to the original when it made a State-side release. A while later, Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix was released in Japan. It not only included the additional three secret bosses (Sephiroth, Kurt Ziza, and the Clocktower Phantom), but a fourth, the Enigmatic Man in Hollow Bastion donning the Organization's trademark cloak (It was Xehanort.).

Anyway, after defeating Sephiroth for the first time, there was a scene in which Cloud and Sephiroth fought. So in a roundabout way of saying it: yes. I'm sure you can find the video with subtitles on YouTube without much difficulty.

Sefie1999AD
08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes, Cloud and Sephiroth had a duel in KH: Final Mix. Their lines are in speech bubbles, so there's no voices during their scene. Here's some kind of a description about the scene, based on fan-translated subtitles.

(Cloud arrives at the Coliseum. A black feather falls to the ground in front of Cloud. Sephiroth lands. The camera rotates around Cloud and Sephiroth.)

CLOUD: "Finally, we meet."
SEPHIROTH: "I was searching for you too."
CLOUD: "As long as you continue to exist, I cannot awake from my nightmare. You are my darkness."
SEPHIROTH: (spreading his arms) "Then turn towards that darkness. Eternally refuse the light, to the nightmare of no awakening."

(Cloud picks up his sword. Sephiroth is about to pick up his. Bolts of electricity go through them, the camera rotates around them. There's a slightly stormy atmosphere around the Coliseum. Cloud dashes first, then Sephiroth. As their swords clash, One-Winged Angel begins to play. Cloud and Sephiroth exchange blows, first on the ground, then in the air. After a blow, Cloud pushes Sephiroth higher to the sky. Cloud leaps higher to the air, attacking Sephiroth. Their swords clash, and the screen goes white.)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
special cgi? dont u meen fmv or something? :p

Tainted Angel
08-21-2006, 08:49 PM

CGI (video) = FMV. Whatever term works.

Goldenboko
08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Here you go!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1JvRl6OU6lU

Pretend the music isnt there some guy put it there.

abrojtm
08-22-2006, 01:23 AM
It plays One Winged Angel in the game.

Goldenboko
08-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah but in this movie it plays FFVII:AC's One Winged Angel...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-22-2006, 01:44 AM

CGI (video) = FMV. Whatever term works.

there 2 completly diffrent terms

CGI= the intro you saw in kH2

FMV= any regular cutscene