PDA

View Full Version : Preferable equipment & Materia in the Battle Arena?

Peter_20
08-21-2006, 10:25 AM
What stuff would you recommend in order to survive in the Battle Arena? :cool:
I'm pretty sure most people use the "Restore" Materia and "Slash-All" Materia, but oh well... any hints on strategies? :rolleyes2

Thorn
08-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Summon Odin is pretty handy. Allows you to quickly dispose of like frogs and other monsters which can curse you.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-21-2006, 11:09 AM
ribbon on ur acc to prevent most status effects

counter-attack materia
depending on how strong you are, either slash-all or 2x cut, slash-all if u can take out the weaker monsters in one hit, or 2x cut otherwise.
restore materia
time materia (haste is very handy)
choco-mog (if u can paralyze some of the stronger enemies it helps)
long-range materia that way you can recieve less damage but still deal the same as u usualy wud (obviously not necessary if u have a long range weapon)

that shud do :D

Dragon Mage
08-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Equip your final weapon and a Mystile and a Ribbon

Materia
Double-Cut: make sure you have it up to 4xcut
Enemy skill:make sure you have Big Guard (hast/barrier/Mbarrier)
Plenty of HP and MP+. Max you HP and MP.
Mime
KOTR
Cure: be sure to have Regen

In the start cast Big Guard and Regen. Now your good for most of the battles if you do it fast enough. You just need to use 4xcut and that'll take care of most of the enemys. The Ribbon negates any negative handicapps. With the Mystile, most attacks miss you. In the harder round (where you can get the Final Attack materia) Repeat Big Guard and Regen than cast KOTR followed by mime. Also with mime, you can continue to mime your own limit breaks. So the battles should go by pretty fast. Hope this helps.

HolyMackeral
08-21-2006, 11:43 PM
About miming limit breaks. For that to work you need to have at least some of the bar filled, even just a sliver.
It wont work on an empty bar.

Dragon Mage
08-22-2006, 09:21 PM
What do you mean, HolyMackeral? That you need some of your limit guage filled before you can mime your limit?

sephirothishere
08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
i use ultimate weapon...to deal 9999 damage....4x-cut....counter linked with mime that way you mime 4x-cut...and hp plus...ribbon is pretty essential...tapping square rapidly slows down the slots...try to get materia disableing handicaps as they give you the most BP...but dont lose too many i like to get the handicap that disables all colours of materia....in the last battle.....i didnt use restore materia as most of the time your hp gets halved so you end up with a full hp limit then...i think i had master green and master red materia....jus cuz i didnt bother to unequip it...do what you feel like....

HolyMackeral
08-23-2006, 02:51 AM
What do you mean, HolyMackeral? That you need some of your limit guage filled before you can mime your limit?

That is exactly what I mean. If you try to use mime to mime a limit and the gauge is completely empty, your character will just jump forward, do nothing then juump back - as if you were miming someone elses limit.

chronic_Maniac
08-23-2006, 07:02 AM
No you can mime as long as the character uses the limit break. Like it you use omnislash then mime with barret. No go. If you use omnislash and mime with cloud then yes it will work no matter how much LIMIT gaurge you got.

Normal battle - Best weapon you got with either the mans armulet or the womans. They absorb some elements, so put on the ribbon and you'll get protection against status alliments. Get restore, time, barrier, and a few attack materia like Fire, Contain, Ultima, or whatever works best to hurt enemies. I'd suggest that you learn mighty Guard from the creatures on the beach next to Costal. Then you wouldn't need Barrier, or time. Put on a summon or two, it don't matter as long as you got one. Now put on an HP plus. Pretty much have atleast (I know you'll have more) one of each type of materia. That way you have a good range of fighting styles. Having slash all works good too but most don't get that early on.

Special battle arena - Have double cut, drop every all materia you usally use. Its a one on one battle up until the last fight. Same as before, use every type of materia you can. There is sometimes no need to have support at this stage but qrodra magic or final attacks are pretty good. Use your best weapon best armor and nicest... ribbon. Again use mighty gaurd, cure, and attack! throw out a summon but if you have the best weapon then your attacks will do just as much... unless your low on health.

Heres how I like to do it everytime.
Cloud - weapon "Ultima', Armor "mans armulet" Acc "ribbon"
on the weapon I put
master magic - all master command - hp absorb master summon - mp absorb enemy skill Long range
on the armor I put
Phenix - Final attack master command - mp absorb HP plus double cut

I have the same thing on all my characters pretty much. that means I have 8 master magics, 16 master commands, 8 master summons, 4 enemy skills (then I replace the enemy skill power with a w-magic w-item w-summom so they are special) 8 HP plus, 5 long range, and phenix is only on Cloud so I give everyone else something special too. Sometimes I replace double cut with mega all, not slash all. When I do this I drop the All on the master magic and give them a counter attack.

Peter_20
08-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks, everyone. :)

Guess I'll add my two cents here, then.
Would someone please rate my setup?

EQUIPMENT:
Ultimate Weapon
Mystile
Ribbon

MATERIA:
Weapon: Slash-All=Sneak Attack, Slash-All=Counter, Restore=Enemy Skill, HP Plus=MP Plus
Armor: Master Magic=Master Command, Master Summon=MP Absorb, Ultima=Quadra Magic

:D

sephirothishere
08-23-2006, 01:05 PM
i thought the battle arena was easy i didnt bother with any speecial strategies.....the only thing that bugged me was proud clod or whatever it was in the final battle of the special battles...i jus used kotr for a quick win....heheheh

Peter_20
08-23-2006, 01:07 PM
i thought the battle arena was easy i didnt bother with any speecial strategies.....the only thing that bugged me was proud clod or whatever it was in the final battle of the special battles...i jus used kotr for a quick win....hehehehKotR -> everything!

chronic_Maniac
08-23-2006, 02:07 PM
The arena can at anytime become very differicult. Say if you got weapon break item seal all materia seal and a few other ones. You in for a tough fight cause you can't heal baby

sephirothishere
08-24-2006, 03:31 PM
The arena can at anytime become very differicult. Say if you got weapon break item seal all materia seal and a few other ones. You in for a tough fight cause you can't heal baby

the only time i found the battle arena was on disc 1...i went there as soon as i could and got toad item seal materia seal.....i died...

i never have to heal though......

Omega weapon123
08-27-2006, 02:58 AM
I never had a real strategy but this is what i had on cloud

ultima weapon
imperial guard
sprint shoes

weapon materia(in order):restore, barrier, mpturbo, ultima, hp plus, neobahamut, lightning, and mp turbo

armor materia(in order):counter, wmagic, double cut, mp absorb, wsummon, speed plus

well, my cloud is speedy with haste automatically put on him, his dexitry at 93( doesn't haste double dexitry).

chronic_Maniac
08-27-2006, 04:48 AM

ultima weapon
imperial guard
sprint shoes

weapon materia(in order):restore, barrier, mpturbo, ultima, hp plus, neobahamut, lightning, and mp turbo

armor materia(in order):counter, wmagic, double cut, mp absorb, wsummon, speed plus

well, my cloud is speedy with haste automatically put on him, his dexitry at 93( doesn't haste double dexitry).

linking Mp absord and Double cut dosen't do anything so I don't know why you did that.

ReloadPsi
08-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Stick your HP on All Lucky 7's with Barret or Cid on a fully charged limit gauge ready to use Angermax or Highwind respectively, equip a Mime and sit back and laugh your ass off.

Zeromus_X
08-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Cloud:

Ultima Weapon
Mystile
Ribbon

Hades linked to Added Effect on Ultima Weapon. 4x Cut or Slash-All if Double Cut isn't at level two. You win.

"The Brave don't fear the Grave..."

sephirothishere
08-27-2006, 01:09 PM
i used the ziedrich armour tha you can steal from rude in gelnika it has the ability to halve all elemental attacks or maybe it is all magic attacks....whatever but it is the best armour strength wise but it has no slots...i had lots of sets of master materias so i didnt need any more than the eight slots found on your ultimate weapons...anyways it is way stronger armour than imperial guard....or mystile or anything really...

Sefie1999AD
08-27-2006, 01:41 PM
I use Ribbon as an accessory since that protects you from most of the status ailments (unless the accessory is broken). Make sure you have at least 4x Cut, Counter Attack, Cure spells, the Big Guard Enemy Skill and maybe Mime. I suggest not using summons because I've noticed you'll get very low points if you just use something like Knights of the Round all the time. If I beat all the enemies with physical attacks, I sometimes end up with around 10,000 battle points after the eight rounds are over.

The main strategy is starting up the battle with Big Guard since that gives you Barrier, M-Barrier and Haste. If you have a limit break ready, use it and then mime it for as long as possible. I've been able to mime it even if the limit bar is empty. Other than that, my strategy is mostly using 4x Cut, with a mastered Counter Attack helping a lot if there's a large group of enemies attacking you. Having a fury status will also help you.

Remember, if you're quite sure you won't survive any more rounds (for example, if your Ribbon is broken and your character is a frog with a petrify countdown timer that has less than 5 seconds left), you can always leave with the points you managed to get. It's better than being defeated and losing all the points.

sephirothishere
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
i always get 11000 BP for whatever way i do it and i found that materia disabling handicaps give the most bp especially the thing that breaks all your materia....

push square really fast and the slots slow down...it makes it very easy to chose handicaps, but if you stop pushin square they speed up again....

Madame Adequate
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Remember, no matter HOW careful your planning is, you can get completely screwed over by the handicaps. Break accessory, 1/2 HP and MP a couple of times, or break all materia can all do horrible, horrible things to you. The solution? Be ready with items, and just pray you don't lose the use of materia AND the use of items in the same run.

Crossblades
08-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Equip Ribbon and Ultima Weapon. Also, make sure you have learned your best healing magic

Peter_20
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Remember, no matter HOW careful your planning is, you can get completely screwed over by the handicaps. Break accessory, 1/2 HP and MP a couple of times, or break all materia can all do horrible, horrible things to you. The solution? Be ready with items, and just pray you don't lose the use of materia AND the use of items in the same run.You should basically avoid those things; I never choose "HP Down", "Weapon Broken", "Accessory Broken" or "Command Materia Broken", because I always wanna finish everything off with my precious Slash-All command. :heart:

"All Materia Broken" is another case, though; it gives you way too much Battle Points to be ignored. :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Hades-Added Effect to your armour since you get random handicaps so there's a chance that you might get toad status which completely ruins the game

Omega weapon123
08-29-2006, 02:22 AM

ultima weapon
imperial guard
sprint shoes

linking Mp absord and Double cut dosen't do anything so I don't know why you did that.

Ive just noticed that it didn't work today:( , going to change that to bahamut zero or hades or just start over and post what i got later.any ideas, just wondering;) maybe I should unequip my peoples accesorys and armor so i can be stronger when in the arena cause I think one of them has a ribbon on.
jsut wanted to say is I always have my characters on fury no matter what.