PDA

View Full Version : Dirge of Cerberus vs. Resident Evil 4

Roto13
08-21-2006, 02:53 PM
This game seems to be gettin a lot of (some say unwarranted) love, so I just want to see what you guys think.

I Am Stoner
08-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I havent played DOC yet, but RE4 is such a good game, im gonna go with that.

Raebus
08-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Re 4, without a doubt.

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Can you really compare the well reputation, very experienced, great series Resident Evil 4 to the new comming shooter for new Square-Enix domain, based on a great series Final Fantasy VII?

What I'm saying, Capcom already has a lot of experience since the first Resisdent Evil.

While Final Fantasy series is an all RPG, not shooter.

When you think about this, Capcom has the advantage.

The things that helps Square-Enix a lot are:
-The Videos (They always made thoses)
-Every other aspect of the game beside the gameplay... (Story, Characters, Systems, ect.)

It looks really nice! Hope I have it soon...

Roto13
08-21-2006, 03:27 PM
To be fair, Resident Evil 4 is the first RE game that's actually a shooter. The rest were all survival-horror games where you tried to shoot as little as possible.

Anyway, we're not talking about who should be capable of making a better game, we're talking about which of these two is a better game. :P

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-21-2006, 03:30 PM
i havent played either but i got scared off ever playing Resi. when i was 6 or 7 so i voted for DoC

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I have Resident Evil 3, it was still shooter.
(If you consider DC shooter instead of Action/Shooter)

Roto13
08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Resident Evil 3 was not a shooter. Having a gun doesn't make a game a shooter. It was a survival-horror game. You were only supposed to use your gun as a last resort. Otherwise, you were supposed to run away.

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 04:43 PM
same can be said about FFVII: DC.
doesn't mean you have a gun that makes it a shooter...
it's an action game. (just joking.)

So, ok, it's action/horror.
But it's the first time Square-Enix does any game beside RPGs.
That was my point.

Roto13
08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
That's not true, either. They've done non-RPGs before. They're working on a Mario sports game right now, they've made at least one fighting game, and a handful of racing games and things.

If you're referring to DoC, that's not really a horror game because... it's not scary. :P And Resident Evil (pre-4) was never an action game.

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 05:19 PM
You got it all wrong.

Roto13
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
No, you just don't know how to play Resident Evil, apparently.

Raebus
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Pre Re 4 = Adventure/horror, right?

Distain
08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
RE 4 woops DoC's as*. Period. Just because the game may have more slightly better cinamatics (and it really is close, if you ever played RE4 on the GC then you'd know what I'm talking about) The gameplay is obvioudly way better, no offence to DoC hardcore fans but you have to admite that the gameplay wasnt exactly the funnest. The charicters in both game were good, the only reason that DoC's charicters seem more fleshed out is becuase the backstory streaches back like 3 movies and a game. RE4 only has one charicter that gose back one game, but he still makes a great preformance.

Basicly DoC, good game fans and people going for the story, not necesarly hardcore gameplay.

RE4, great gameplay, great story, is simply better than DoC.

Roto13
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Pre Re 4 = Adventure/horror, right?

Yeah, that works too.

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
I know Resident Evil are Horror.
I know Dirge of Cerberus is Shooting.
Square-Enix never made a shooting game, (Or a another game that was develop AND published by Square-Enix)
I know they made alot more games for other compagnies
I also know that Capcom has many other game titles that is action and ect.

I won't bother going to another fight with something as stupid as this.

Roto13
08-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Square Enix publishes lots of non-RPGs. But Pre-4 Resident Evil games are NOT shooters or action games, so saying Resident Evil 4 has enough history to build it up as a good shooter is silly.

King-Killer
08-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Capcom!
Capcom!!!!
Not RE4...

...whatever.

I Am Stoner
08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
RE4 has the storyline, the weapons, the badass bosses, Ada(:love:), Crazy mutated cult leaders, annoying possesed villagers that throw stuff at you. It also has a veriety of enimes. An amazing weapon update system... I could go on for hours.

Raebus
08-21-2006, 06:19 PM
RE4 has the storyline, the weapons, the badass bosses, Ada(:love:), Crazy mutated cult leaders, annoying possesed villagers that throw stuff at you. It also has a veriety of enimes. An amazing weapon update system... I could go on for hours.

It also has cheesy one liners, win win win.

Roto13
08-21-2006, 06:33 PM

Because you're pretending your current view is the same as your original statement, because you know you're wrong.

What I'm saying, Capcom already has a lot of experience since the first Resisdent Evil.

Ashley Schovitz
08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I think RE can be a shooter I had the unlimited ammo cheat so I could shoot as much as I wanted to with no regrets, but everyone knows that RE4 takes the cake DOC could've added some dodging techniques to the game like rolling and better melee attacks and oh the targeting and controls need work too its hard to turn around quickly if there's someone behind you.

Alll of you who are saying DOC is only vbecause it's an FF game.

Cruise Control
08-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Actually its because I haven't played RE4, thank you very much.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Resident Evil 4 the story is better is more action packed and Leon kicks ass, Vincent also does but not so much.

LunarWeaver
08-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Actually I thought DoC had the better story, but Re4 is vastly superior in every other conceivable way.

And Re4 is the first Resident Evil to be designed with greater action elements and reflect a shooter, so yes Re4 was their first shot at that. Square just didn't give a good enough first shot. Hell I thought X-2's Gunner mini-game played better than DoC.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Actually its because I haven't played RE4, thank you very much.
And yet you still think you can objectively say that DoC is better?

Cruise Control
08-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Until I know otherwise throgh personal experience, yes. Anything is better than a game I haven't played, by default.

Crossblades
08-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Square-Enix never made a shooting game

What about Einhander?

King-Killer
08-22-2006, 06:34 PM
How many times to I have to tell you.

Capcom DOES have more experience.
Damn, There's more Resident Evil than just the number series!!!

Talk when you actualy know something!

Because you're pretending your current view is the same as your original statement, because you know you're wrong.

What I'm saying, Capcom already has a lot of experience since the first Resisdent Evil
Something actually wrong about this??

edczxcvbnm
08-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Your wrong because Resident Evil(Up till the 4th one) is not a shooter. There is not enough ammo in the game to even kill everything. You only aim horizontally and shoot. Not crosshairs or anything.

As it has been said, Resident Evil is a survial horror game. It is an adventure game with some action thrown in. DoC is not that at all. RE4 is an action game though. It isn't Capcoms first. Devil May Cry came before it but even that was different...and better than DoC.

King-Killer
08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Ever heard of Resident Evil: Dead Aim?
This game actually let's you use a gun controller to blast off Zombies on screen.

And YES [RE4] it's the first to be third Person Shooter, compared to the rest of the number series.

The thing about Dirge of Cerberus is more a game for the fans, rather than be a tuned-in shooter like Timesplitters or Black.
(Timesplitters has 3 games)
(Black is trully based on Killzone... even the health bar is the same except you don't regenerate, you use health packs.)

Anyway, it really depends on witch series you are most fan about.
Final Fantasy or Resisdent Evil, and if you like the game or not.

As I was trying to explain, and sorry for the confusion.
Is that the Final Fantasy Franchise is purely based on RPGs (Except Cerberus) and that system, well, doesn't get you any better at shooting games.
As for Resident Evil 4, if the game (series) starts being first/third shooter, expect the hole series to go in that direction.

*On a Final Note: I can't beleive Resident Evil 1-3 are not shooting.
I mean, I use more Melee attacks in Dirge of Cerberus (problably in just one mission) than I would during the entire game of the Resident Evil... (Except Nicolai and the knife...) if you are using Melee attacks, it means you are getting digeasted by zombies.

Survival/Horror, hell, Resident Evil 4 is more Horror than it's previous series games. (And looks like RE5 is going to be more horrable as zombies now run. Give me a break, not another Dawn of the Dead monkey-like Canivore... I have o thank my friend to force me to watch that movie... on second though, let's not thank him.)

Devil May Cry came before it but even that was different...and better than DoC.

It that a joke? Of Course Devil May Cry is better!:lol:
Is there even a better Action game than Devil May Cry series??
(I know there's Dynasty Warriors that is good, but never in hell can you move like Dante)
I'm just curious to know... is all.
(BTW, not laughing at you, so don't get offended, please.)

FallenAngel411
08-24-2006, 05:07 AM
I bought RE4 after hearing everyone scream at me about how great it was day in and day out for a year. I played it, absolutely loathed it, and traded it back in the next day, which was a horrendous waste of my money. I am no fan of shooters, but I am actually almost through DoC....which will make it the only shooter I ever finish without getting sickeningly bored halfway through...and probably the only shooter I'll ever keep. Yes, the gameplay is bland, but its nice and simple for my RPG-wired brain, and the story fascinates me beyond anything RE4 and all its shambling dead people could spark within me. Also, in the visual department, there is no comparison. The FMVs are nearly FFVII:AC quality, and the in-game cutscenes are absolutely amazing...and the character designs pwn RE4's rotted farmer's clothing....

Me <3 DoC all the way :3

aerithsloveslave
08-24-2006, 01:33 PM
I am still waiting to play DoC, but from what I have read so far I think that a rental first is in order. As for RE4, it is one of the few games that deserves all of its praise. By far the best 3rd person shooter/action game that I have played. Too bad that its story had little to do with the rest of the series.

Ashley Schovitz
08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I bought RE4 after hearing everyone scream at me about how great it was day in and day out for a year. I played it, absolutely loathed it, and traded it back in the next day, which was a horrendous waste of my money. I am no fan of shooters, but I am actually almost through DoC....which will make it the only shooter I ever finish without getting sickeningly bored halfway through...and probably the only shooter I'll ever keep. Yes, the gameplay is bland, but its nice and simple for my RPG-wired brain, and the story fascinates me beyond anything RE4 and all its shambling dead people could spark within me. Also, in the visual department, there is no comparison. The FMVs are nearly FFVII:AC quality, and the in-game cutscenes are absolutely amazing...and the character designs pwn RE4's rotted farmer's clothing....

Me <3 DoC all the way :3
everyone knows that RE4 doesn't contain any zombies whatsoever.

Raebus
08-24-2006, 04:36 PM
I am still waiting to play DoC, but from what I have read so far I think that a rental first is in order. As for RE4, it is one of the few games that deserves all of its praise. By far the best 3rd person shooter/action game that I have played. Too bad that its story had little to do with the rest of the series.

Oh lets see, shall we?

Umbrella is supposedly gone and leon is going after the daughter of the president. Whilst there, he meets up with ada who turns out, is looking for a sample of the serum leon gets injected with. I mean, who knows? It might have something to do with bringing umbrella back or something else.

*shrugs*.

Owen Macwere
08-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Played both, and I can't decide, both are cool, but DOC is alot easier than RE4.

Ironside
08-24-2006, 06:19 PM
RE4 to me i much much better then DoC but DoC is still fun and what not its just RE4 is a much more well designed with its shooting elements and stuff. But DoC wins in story graphics and a few other things.

FallenAngel411
08-24-2006, 10:43 PM
everyone knows that RE4 doesn't contain any zombies whatsoever.

lol

kawakami Gensai
08-25-2006, 03:26 AM
Well RE4 does have a more challenging, and complex gameplay aspect to it. So if going for that Id have to say RE4. However, the back story on Vincent does make Dirge an interesting game. In that aspect its hard to compare the two.

Croyles
09-01-2006, 02:32 AM
RE4 wins hands down in gameplay, but the story absolutely sucked, so DoC wins on that one.
RE4 definiely wins on graphics. The all around graphics in RE4 are 10 times better than DoC without the FMVs (and its not like there are many of those). The lighting, shadows etc in RE4 was brilliant.

Distain
09-01-2006, 12:55 PM
RE4 wins hands down in gameplay, but the story absolutely sucked, so DoC wins on that one.
RE4 definiely wins on graphics. The all around graphics in RE4 are 10 times better than DoC without the FMVs (and its not like there are many of those). The lighting, shadows etc in RE4 was brilliant.

I don't think RE's really known for it's plot's anyway:D. It usally stops at a big compony scrwed up and made a virus that turns people into zombie's, so you now gotta run your ass outa that city:) .

RE4's story is better, but it still isnt anything special.

Holy Lancer
04-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Come on people be realistic here, Dirge of Cerberus may be fun but Resident Evil 4 is a near perfect game. It is my second favorite game all time (behind Final Fantasy 9 and before Final Fantasy 6.

kawakami Gensai
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
RE4 is far better than Doc. That game pwns. Chyeah I went there

chrisfffan
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Resident Evil games are crap and lack story you just have to kill zombies!

Vincent Valentine 007
04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree Dirge of Cerberus is a better game.

Arc_Master_14
04-13-2007, 04:01 AM
HANDS DOWN RE4

G3ORGE
04-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Resi hads a WAAAAY better story! if they made it into a book i'd buy it and i dont hardly read but DoC was just another 10 for a £ game alough it was good its wasnt even comparable to any of the Resi series :P

(soz if i offended anyone xD )

Orophin
04-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Resident Evil games are crap and lack story you just have to kill zombies!

There isn't even zombies in Resident Evil 4. :rolleyes2 Did you even play the game? The story and the action were great too. I really can't see why Dirge of Cerberus got this high in the poll... What shocked me the most is that it have beaten XenoSaga Episode III in sales by a lot and I really mean a lot (There were out at almost the same time). I can't see why some peoples will take a crappy game of a popular series over a great game...

And for those who want to know, yes, I played and finished Dirge of Cerberus. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/psycho_mantis/1176407431201.jpg) (I so loled at that part of SPM :D)

Rase
04-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Resident Evil 4.

Really, I'm surprised this is even a question.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Resident Evil 4.

Really, I'm surprised this is even a question.

Seconded, I don't care how strong or agile Vincent is. Leon would kick his ass any day...:tongue:

Holy Lancer
05-29-2007, 02:24 AM
To be fair, Resident Evil 4 is the first RE game that's actually a shooter. The rest were all survival-horror games where you tried to shoot as little as possible.

Anyway, we're not talking about who should be capable of making a better game, we're talking about which of these two is a better game. :P

Have you ever tried to beat Resident Evil 4 on Pro Mode? The whole point is to basically use the least ammount of ammo possible and still srvive. You have to master using the knife to beat it.

10-Breaker
05-29-2007, 02:40 PM
(Just voted no comments)

Roto13
05-30-2007, 06:40 AM

Have you ever tried to beat Resident Evil 4 on Pro Mode? The whole point is to basically use the least ammount of ammo possible and still srvive. You have to master using the knife to beat it.

Congrats. One mode. It's a shooter. Stop arguing.

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Hands down, Resident Evil 4. It is way better. DoC wasn't even a great game. It was decent at that. But honestly, it was a waste of 9 hours of my life.

Pouring Rain
06-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, I'm not too sure. I mean, I found that Resident Evil 4 had more horror and violence to it, and I especially liked the reaction commands (example: pressing A repeatedly to sprint. Yes, I have it for GC). They added more... what should I call it... reality to it. As in, press it quickly and you'll survive. If you don't, you die. And if you didn't run quickly in real life, you would die. I liked that feature of the game.

On the other hand, I loved Dirge of Cerberus, because I love Vincent Valentine. Also, I thought that the story line was more interesting, and the controls seemed to be easier. But you could only use a gun and materia. I found that to be a setback.

So... I'm happy yet disappointed with both games. Leon Scott Kennedy or Vincent Valentine, it comes to. And with that, I'm going with Vincent Valentine, because I like Final Fantasy more than Resident Evil.

Ashley Schovitz
06-08-2007, 08:38 PM
DOC is lame to be a Square Enix game the graphics are very lacking and Capcom has more experience with the shooters. DoC really put off with the story too like Advent Children did and then there was all the faults camera, movement, and a couple of other stuff. RE can be a shooter if you just put in the infinite ammo code :p

Kuldian
06-10-2007, 05:44 AM
I vote DoC, RE4 sucked bigtime.. but that's just my opinion

demondude
06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Residant evil ftmfw

stalpho slayer
06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
doc all the way its no contest doc is better

Raebus
06-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Oh god yes, inferior game play that gets very repetitive = Ftw.

cloud21zidane16
06-19-2007, 02:01 AM
i didnt find RE4 to be that good so i voted DOC

Lachrymosa
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
The fact that 43% of people have voted for DoC makes me want to weep. RE4 is close to perfect, DoC is "meh" in a box.

Raebus
06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
The fact that 43% of people have voted for DoC makes me want to weep. RE4 is close to perfect, DoC is "meh" in a box.

:thumb:

Holy Lancer
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM

I feel the same way right now. I think if you did this same poll on a Resident Evil forum it would be like RE4-250 DoC-0 then they would close the poll. People here like FF7 so much that they vote for DoC even if they haven't played RE4.

demondude
06-21-2007, 08:18 PM
The annoying thing is that half the people voting for DoC have never actually played resident evil:rolleyes2

Orophin
06-23-2007, 01:53 AM
45% for Dirge of Cerberus... I have lost all hope in humanity. :eep:

Even if we are in a Final Fantasy forum, I thought that DoC would have gotten 10% at most.

Setzer Gabianni
06-23-2007, 04:51 PM
The annoying thing is that half the people voting for DoC have never actually played resident evil:rolleyes2

You're probably right. It's probably a mass horder of Vincent fans who just want to vote for DoC because Vincent is in it. Shame on them for hiding.

mill3r91
07-22-2007, 05:35 AM
DoC for sure.

demondude
07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
DoC for sure.

gAHHH!

Why though? The only reason it's pouplar is because its a final fantasy 7 spinoff.
There are no points where it exceeds residant evil.

terus01
07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I HATE RE...
everytime I'm facing a horror game, I can't go on.
I HATE shooting game too.
So, I'm making myself as a specialist on only RPG.

But DIRGE of CERBERUS make me LOVE a shooting game.
And the only one shooting game I love.

Raebus
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I HATE RE...
I HATE shooting game too.
So, I'm making myself as a specialist on only RPG.

But DIRGE of CERBERUS make me LOVE a shooting game.
And the only one shooting game I love.

I'll ignore the sentence structure, highlighted here.

The main question, what makes you like dirge of Cerberus? I've played a bit of it for an hour and it's only a shooting game and nothing special, you say you hate shooting games so why do you like it? Give us reasons. It might be because of the story or that damn name known as final fantasy 7 but why?

Edit: Mystery solved.

"I don'tch care..hh wetherhh Vincent-sama ishh vampirehhssh or not vampirehshh, HE IS SO COOL!

So Cool on EACH of hishh form!

Yeah, I am veryhh dishhhappointed when I foundhh he cannot flyhh in the gamehh (excepthh and only in chapterhh 12, ifhh you considerhh it as a flyhhh)"

I didn't want to spend an hour or two deciphering the code so I copied and pasted.

terus01
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
It is fun. That's it.
And I found the gameplay is good. I know some of my friends can not play it, but they can, with a little practice.
Good picture also. I like the story and all of the characters.

stalpho slayer
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
YouTube - Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus / Animal I Have Become (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbdqhPRLg-g)

YouTube - Resident Evil 4 - Die Another Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI-AcKYc9QQ)

you decide

Darth Tjador
09-09-2007, 08:49 PM
i think re4 and doc are both really good games but there wasnt a choice for both of them.....

Hyperion4444
09-18-2007, 02:52 PM
As gameplay mechanix, it's not the best shooters out there.

But what I really like is the story, the videos, the characters, the custom gun, the added bonus material and the unlockable goodies.

And other stuff too...

demondude
09-23-2007, 08:56 PM
It needs to be a public poll so we can ban everyone who voted dirge of cerberus.

Kenshin IV
09-30-2007, 07:58 AM
I-Is this a serious topic? It can't be right? If it is I have to second the guy above me.

chocobo hunter
09-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Personally I dislike both Resident Evil 4 and Dirge Of Cerberus but I went with RE4

Resident Evil 4 is a actual shooter game and has a good storyline, the only reason I dislike it is the lack of Zombies until the end but other than that its a great game.

Where as Dirge is nothing more than pretty fmv' with a totally random story arc, that does'nt even stay true to the original game. Dirge is a game that only fanboy' would like.

MKusanagi
10-31-2007, 03:46 AM
:whimper:... must I pick? Leon Kennedy is so bitchin'!!! But so is Vince...:crying: You cause me intense pain you evil poll maker!

But I side with DOC in the end. But in truth I'd pick both because they were both amazing in their own ways! Seriously! It's like apples to oranges!

Kenshin IV
11-01-2007, 03:29 AM
Link to the Past and Super Mario Bros. 3 are like apples and oranges. RE4 and Dirge are like good game and piss.

MKusanagi
11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
It needs to be a public poll so we can ban everyone who voted dirge of cerberus.

doc beotch

i'll kick yo ass *kicks him in his ass*
You remind me of one of those punkish people.

Kenshin IV: RE4 is a FPS about a parasitic organism that has turned an entire village into psychotic, deranged killers. RE4 could be and is actually considered a piss game. The plot is completely outside of the Resi foundations. But it has great gameplay and develops the characters more (Leon and Ada). So I still love it. DOC is a continuation of a storyline in the FFVII series that was never fully explored. In essence, DOC is a necessary stage in Vincent's development. Just as AC was for Cloud. As a lover of both Resi and FF games I still conclude that it's apples to oranges. The only similarity is that they are both FPS. That's it.

Raebus
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Where to start, RE4 is a FPS? You should brush up on your gaming, it isn't an FPS. I think DOC could be and is actually a piss game. OH NOES, A NEW PLOT WHATEVER SHALL WE DO WITHOUT AN OLD PLOT THAT GOT BORING. I disagree completely.

MKusanagi
11-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Alright. TPS. Happy? It's all the same genre. Damn, people get so technical.

And damn, people are pissy on this thread. Sounds like someone's having a case of the mondays...

Kenshin IV
11-06-2007, 01:23 AM
RE4 could be and is actually considered a piss game.
Yes it could. By people who have no taste.

MKusanagi
11-06-2007, 04:08 AM
I agree Kenshin but I also say the same for those who say that bout DOC.

Raebus
11-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, those who say that about DoC are actually telling the truth. It's a below average game.

MKusanagi
11-08-2007, 03:32 AM
I hate debating games. This is the most pointless thread.
For the record!!! I love RESI 4 and DoC!!! They both rock in my book! And I don't care if you disagree!

Daz right, suckaz hehe...

Rase
11-08-2007, 04:35 AM
I hate debating games. This is the most pointless thread.
Than why did you come and post in a thread that was comparing two games, and so logically would feature a fair amount of debate as to which is better? If you feel it's pointless (it's not), there's always the option of ignoring the thread.

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
I hate debating games. But I love to argue for the sake of arguing. That's why I still come by. But that doesn't change the fact that its a pointless thread. I mean, the entire question is based on personal preference. Just because one person says "Resi rocks, DOC sucks" does not make it true. We are all debating in vain. That is why this is a pointless thread. Because it incites debate on something that can't be successfully debated. No solution will come from this. But I love arguing. So there :D

Rase
11-12-2007, 01:37 AM
The way I see it, this thread is more a way of seeing what the general consensuses is (hence the inclusion of a poll). It isn't an attempt to find out the "truth" of which game is better, but which one individual people like more and to allow them to explain why. If someone disagrees, this also allows them to explain why they feel the way they do. Sounds like a fine thing to me.

You say this is pointless "because it incites debate on something that can't be successfully debated". Welcome to the internet, or more specifically an internet forum. Have fun going to each thread comparing things or asking opinions on things and letting the people in it know that their thread/post is pointless.

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Agreed. And you're cute when you're angry, btw. :D
I'm also commenting on the fact that people here are pissy! BAN DOC LOVERS! Blurblurblur. It's in vain. And the poll is not pointless but posting here and debating this is.

Roto13
11-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Why is this thread still alive? And why is it in Gaming now? Blargag!

stalpho slayer
12-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Why is this thread still alive? And why is it in Gaming now? Blargag!

because it wants ta be

i still say doc is better

Madame Adequate
12-06-2007, 03:52 AM
Agreed. And you're cute when you're angry, btw. :D
I'm also commenting on the fact that people here are pissy! BAN DOC LOVERS! Blurblurblur. It's in vain. And the poll is not pointless but posting here and debating this is.

I AGREE :nonono: DocFrance is evil. Anyone who likes him must be BANNED >=[

stalpho slayer
12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
DoC for sure.

gAHHH!

Why though? The only reason it's pouplar is because its a final fantasy 7 spinoff.
There are no points where it exceeds residant evil.

my biggest reason for choosing doc is the fact that you don't have to take your time to aim wich is the biggest reason for me dieing

i mean cmon i could name at least 30 reasons for DOC BEING BETTER name all the good qualaties of re4

Roto13
12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Not having to aim is a bad thing because it defeats the purpose of a shooter.

stalpho slayer
12-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Not having to aim is a bad thing because it defeats the purpose of a shooter.

ya but if you surrounded you could end up being a sitting duck

Rase
12-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Don't get surrounded then. It's really not too hard to avoid this in RE4. Or use a flash grenade, or a shotgun blast to clear the area in front of you and run. Really though, if you can't avoid getting surrounded, you deserve it.

Mr Cactuar
12-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Despite having never played DoC, I still voted for RE4.

The main thing, for me at least, that makes FF7 so good is Sephiroth and all the things involved with him (e.g Cloud, Aerith, Zack, Shinra all that). Sure Vincent may have a very interesting backstory and be a kickass character but I still don't think that he needs his own game which btw looks really stupid in the FMV's because him and this new enemy just turn into demigod/devilish monstrosities.

RE4 is just...fun. Last time I checked, that makes a game good.

Strawberry_Mew
12-18-2007, 11:23 PM
I would have to say RE4. As much as I love Final Fantasy 7 DOC wuz to easy.....

stalpho slayer
12-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Don't get surrounded then. It's really not too hard to avoid this in RE4. Or use a flash grenade, or a shotgun blast to clear the area in front of you and run. Really though, if you can't avoid getting surrounded, you deserve it.

not to mention all the ways you can die watch this

YouTube - Resident Evil 4 Leon death scenes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDsm-0j5Cbk&feature=related)

Pure Strife
12-21-2007, 01:25 AM
i mean cmon i could name at least 30 reasons for DOC BEING BETTER name all the good qualaties of re4

- Fantastic graphics
- Fast paced, fluid gameplay
- Variety of weapons
- Cool characters
- Very cool and varied enemies
- Interesting locations
- Amazing boss fights
- Great set pieces
- Variety of art styles - village, castle, labs, mines etc etc
- LOADS of extra content (assignment Ada, Mercenaries, secret weapons, extra costumes etc etc)

And the one that could have swayed it all on it's own:

- It's just relentlessly fun.

I thought DoC was an interesting game. The gameplay was passable, the story was really interesting and enjoyable, and there was a good bit of extra stuff to play though. None of it compelled me to play through over and over like RE4 did, and it's this addictiveness that I'd say makes it the better of the two.

hhr1dluv
12-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Not to sound pretentious or anything, but I find it surprising that there's really a lot of debate about this. I mean, Dirge of Cerberus is hardly a success critically, while RE4 is considered one of the best games in recent memory. I've played about an equal amount of both. I am a rabid fan of FF and admittedly a fangirl of VII, I hate horror games, and I still think that RE4 is far superior to DoC in nearly every way.
Now, if DoC's gameplay were more like RE4's...

Rase
12-21-2007, 08:18 AM

not to mention all the ways you can die watch this

YouTube - Resident Evil 4 Leon death scenes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDsm-0j5Cbk&feature=related)
1) The majority of those are just Leon dieing from losing that last bit of health in different ways (killed by guy with axe, killed by chick with knife, killed by thrown sickle, etc.). Does this mean I can say any Final Fantasy game has a ton of ways to die also (killed by Goblin, killed by Ogre, killed by Fire, killed by Fira, etc.)? I must admit that I did not know about some of those deaths though (like shooting the water to make Del Lago eat you), so thanks for the link. I'll have to try those out sometime.

2) If you can't enter the context commands in the (generous) amount of time they give you, that's a bummer. Next time you know it's there and what to do. Deal with it.

ff is da best
12-30-2007, 06:32 AM
resident evil 4 was way better.
just finished it on normal and now im on pro.

Markus. D
12-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Being a fan of RE4 for the gameplay and story(ies)...

I'd have to say RE4.

but I love DoC, it's such an immersive storyline.

slade x slayer
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
doc all the freking way

Roto13
02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
No.

Raebus
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
No.

Shlup
02-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Let it die, let it die.