PDA

View Full Version : Link and Zelda Related

Michael Belmont
08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Guys do you honistly think that Link the kokiri hero of time and Zelda the sixth sensed princess were actully related to each other by blood?

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-21-2006, 03:21 PM
i thought they liked each other,

Roto13
08-21-2006, 03:28 PM
There is nothing in any Zelda game to even remotely suggest that the two of them are related, so no. Anyone who says otherwise is just pulling things out of their ass.

Plus, we all know Link likes to lay Zelda down on the Matress of Time now and again for some lovin'.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-21-2006, 03:31 PM
There is nothing in any Zelda game to even remotely suggest that the two of them are related, so no. Anyone who says otherwise is just pulling things out of their ass.

Plus, we all know Link likes to lay Zelda down on the Matress of Time now and again for some lovin'.

so true, so, so true.

Sylvie
08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh, god. Mr. Belmont is back.

No, Zelda and Link are not related. Nobody thinks that (that I know of). If you like, I would suggest making a good thread. :)

Michael Belmont
08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Genji you have hatred for or you don't like castlevania do you? Well you may claim their not related but still why is it that it's always diffrent Link diffrent Zelda in every game?

Sylvie
08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I never liked Castlevania too much. And Link and Zelda are the same people in every game, smarty. And what the hell does Castlevania have to do with Zelda?

Roto13
08-21-2006, 03:49 PM
That really has nothing to do with the possibility (or lack thereof) of them being related. There are lot's of different Links and Zeldas because the games take place at lots of different times throughout history.

And Link and Zelda are the same people in every game, smarty.

'Fraid not. :P

Sylvie
08-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm not too smart with the Zelda games anyway XD. I still don't know why he brought up Castlevania though.

KentaRawr!
08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, sometimes two games will have the same Link or Zelda. But the reason most of the time they're different is probably because in each game, they want to tell a new story, and trying excessively to make it fit into another game would just hinder that. While we do know that all the games are connected/being connected (http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/theman/interviews/230403.shtml), the connection is probably very, very loose, especially when connecting to the Four Swords games.

Michael Belmont
08-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry if i brought it up. Well let's be honist here Diffrent timeline yes same world yes.

KentaRawr!
08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, I think it's possible that there are two timelines. Obviously, in the Windwaker, it speaks as though there was a Hero of Time who stopped Ganondorf. But, since Zelda sent Link back in time, that should have changed time, so that there would be no need for a Hero of Time, Ganondorf would never have Hyrule to himself for 7 years, etc.. And in Majora's Mask, it implies that he didn't go back to Hyrule to grow up to be the Hero of Time. But perhaps he found a way to get out of Termina and back into Hyrule, and then for reasons un-beknowest to me, decides to grow up to be the Hero of Time. Though, we're going to have to wait for an official announcement before we just state for a fact that there are two timelines. There might be another way the games can connect that we don't know about.

NorthernChaosGod
08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
No, they're not related.

And I'm pretty sure that in every game it is the same Link and Zelda, except for Wind Waker of course.

ljkkjlcm9
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
it is fact that they are not the same Link and Zelda so stop speculating that they are

THE JACKEL

Xalibar
08-21-2006, 11:43 PM
weren't zelda and link cousins or something of link to the past? Wasn't that was his uncle was going to tell link before he died?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-21-2006, 11:56 PM
No. Link's uncle's dying words are "Zelda is your..." This led many to speculate that he meant to say that Zelda was a family member, but there is nothing to substantiate this.

Yamaneko
08-22-2006, 12:00 AM
I don't think Nintendo is big on the potential incest that would arise.

oddler
08-22-2006, 01:05 AM
"Zelda is your..."

Charge? :confused: My best guess, anyway.

Link and Zelda may be related. There may be no evidence to suggest that they are; however, there is also no evidence to suggest that they are not. It's entirely possible if you ask me.

Shoeberto
08-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Well, I think it's possible that there are two timelines. Obviously, in the Windwaker, it speaks as though there was a Hero of Time who stopped Ganondorf. But, since Zelda sent Link back in time, that should have changed time, so that there would be no need for a Hero of Time, Ganondorf would never have Hyrule to himself for 7 years, etc.. And in Majora's Mask, it implies that he didn't go back to Hyrule to grow up to be the Hero of Time. But perhaps he found a way to get out of Termina and back into Hyrule, and then for reasons un-beknowest to me, decides to grow up to be the Hero of Time. Though, we're going to have to wait for an official announcement before we just state for a fact that there are two timelines. There might be another way the games can connect that we don't know about.
I thought Wind Waker offered a way to connect them? Saying that every 100(?) years, a new incarnation of Ganon would appear, but at the same time, new incarnations of Link and Zelda would appear - not that they're the same person, per se, just new versions, fulfilling the same role as the other did 100 years prior.

I suppose the fact that you're sort-of lead to believe that Link's sister is Zelda in the beginning of Wind Waker might spark the notion, but it's clearly revealed not too far in that it's actually Tetra.

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Here as well? Anyway,

I don't think Nintendo is big on the potential incest that would arise.

Giga Guess
08-22-2006, 02:49 AM
It was theorized that the "Legend" part connotates that it could be different people, just mish-mashed under the name Link over time. I mean...I could be Link and Bob, and Joe, and etc, etc, etc, but soon, only Link's name was attributed to them.

Or I'm just pulling things out of my ass. That works too.

Mythra
08-22-2006, 03:21 AM
I thought when the credits are rolling at the end of Link to the Past that it said Link's uncle made a full recovery??? I could just be saying random things on that, since I haven't played that for a long time but that just seems to stick out in my mind *shrugs*. Not sure on that one though, like I said I haven't played that for a really long time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-22-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah, Link's uncle comes back at the end, but he's definitely dead for a while, there.

KentaRawr!
08-22-2006, 03:55 AM
I thought Wind Waker offered a way to connect them? Saying that every 100(?) years, a new incarnation of Ganon would appear, but at the same time, new incarnations of Link and Zelda would appear - not that they're the same person, per se, just new versions, fulfilling the same role as the other did 100 years prior.

I suppose the fact that you're sort-of lead to believe that Link's sister is Zelda in the beginning of Wind Waker might spark the notion, but it's clearly revealed not too far in that it's actually Tetra.

Well, that certainly offers a way to connect them, and allow it to make sense that there's always Link, Zelda, and Ganon reincarnated, while still being in the same universe. But a lot of the games still remain very anonymous as to where they are in the timeline(s), and we don't know what they actually offer to the whole thing. For example: Minish Cap. Sure, many things happened during that game, and the fate of the world and it's future was basically in Link's hands, but once the whole adventure is over, everything goes back to the way it was before, and only affects that specific era. Now, let's say in one of the next Zelda games, Vaati is the villain, and he says something along the lines of "Once that boy defeated me, I was imprisoned within the blade.". Then, it would explain the beginning of the first Four Swords game and how Vaati actually ended up being sealed within that sword. Of course, I'm not saying that's what I think is what happened, but that's just an example. Besides, once you beat Vaati in FSA, you see a small thing float away from his body, and at the end of MC, you just see 'im blow up.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-22-2006, 04:02 AM
It's worth nothing that Ganon maintains the same persona throughout the entire series. Only Link and Zelda keep coming back with no recollection of their past incarnations.

KentaRawr!
08-22-2006, 04:03 AM
Well, I knew that. But there's still a slight doubt in my mind. I mean, Ganondorf kinda gained a few pounds in just a few hundred years, don't you think?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-22-2006, 04:59 AM
What?

oddler
08-22-2006, 06:42 AM
What?

I second that.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-22-2006, 09:24 AM
They look like each other, therefore they're brothers

NorthernChaosGod
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM
They look like each other, therefore they're brothers

I look nothing like my younger sister, does this mean she's adopted?!

Giga Guess
08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, I knew that. But there's still a slight doubt in my mind. I mean, Ganondorf kinda gained a few pounds in just a few hundred years, don't you think?

Come on now...everyone knows interdimensional food is supremely fatty.

oddler
08-22-2006, 06:57 PM

Come on now...everyone knows interdimensional food is supremely fatty.

Fat gives most things a better taste. Bring it on.

I see that most people that insinuate Link and Zelda are related think that they are siblings. What if they are not. More creatively, what if they are related but not at this time? Hmm? What if somewhere in the legend they become husband and wife and have super wise and courageous children? Maybe we're finally catching on to what Nintendo has planned.

abc1
01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
This whole time i thought they were related >.>"
Since y'know; they look alike, they have similar advances.. Brother saving sister?
they never kissed in all the of the Legend of zelda game's...
Or am i wrong? >.>

Psychotic
01-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow! This thread is from over five years ago :eek:

abc1 it's nice to have you join us but please try not to revive threads that have been dead for so long. If the topic interests you then you are more than welcome to make a new thread about it though! :)