PDA

View Full Version : ffII, ffIII, ffIV

the_sandman
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
which one of ff 2, 3, or 4 did you guys like the best?

i just downloaded the super nintendo emulator and the 3 games and i dont know which one to play first

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
4 now, but maybe 3 when i play it.

Darkwing Bahamut
08-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I've only played FFIV, and not planning on playing the others.

Elpizo
08-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I've only played FFIV, and not planning on playing the others.
A shame, really, for III is such a good game, even for the NES.

So my vote goes to III. Job system, IV can't beat that. And the DS release coming close? Yup, III all the way, but I like the other two as well.

Darkwing Bahamut
08-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Meh, there are better ones I prefer. And I don't plan on playing the older FFs mainly because I don't have the older consoles.

Dell
08-22-2006, 10:46 AM
There's emulator for you.

I like IV the most mainly because of Rydia.

Crossblades
08-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Meh, there are better ones I prefer. And I don't plan on playing the older FFs mainly because I don't have the older consoles.

Then get them for the GBA

Elpizo
08-22-2006, 09:16 PM
How can you know other ones are better, when you haven't played II and III? <_<

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 12:12 AM
FFIII for the win.

Darkwing Bahamut
08-23-2006, 08:28 AM
How can you know other ones are better, when you haven't played II and III? <_<

I have played a bit of them, but haven't gotten round to finishing them yet. I'm not a fan of the older FFs anyway, I like the newer ones better.

Paul
08-23-2006, 09:42 AM
the first four games, i see like pairs. FF1 and 3 have a story that is really thin on the ground. the fun of these games is the battles and dungeons.

FF2's battle system is a bit weird... and FF4's is just too simple. but both have much more detailed and interesting stories than FF1 or 3. in fact quite a bit of FF4's story is based on FF2.

in order, i'd say each game improved on the last overall.

ljkkjlcm9
08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
FFIII ftw, and with the DS version, by far the best, might even end up being better than FFVI (Blasphemy!)

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
08-23-2006, 12:39 PM
FFIV.

Auragaea
08-23-2006, 05:53 PM
FFIII

Sefie1999AD
08-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Final Fantasy IV is my favorite out of those three. FFIII is a very good game too, though, and the DS version will most likely enhance it even more.

cecil+rosa
08-25-2006, 07:57 PM
the first four games, i see like pairs. FF1 and 3 have a story that is really thin on the ground. the fun of these games is the battles and dungeons.

FF2's battle system is a bit weird... and FF4's is just too simple. but both have much more detailed and interesting stories than FF1 or 3. in fact quite a bit of FF4's story is based on FF2.

correction there the exact same game except for ff2 and ff4 have different monster names

Crossblades
08-25-2006, 10:06 PM

correction there the exact same game except for ff2 and ff4 have different monster names

He's talking about the REAL FF II, the one with Firion as the main character and the Emperor

cecil+rosa
08-25-2006, 10:36 PM
wha?

Paul
08-26-2006, 01:04 AM
FF4's story is VERY HEAVILY based on FF2 in my opinion.

FF2 AND 4 SPOILERS

you've got an empire that wants to take over the world using airships, right?
you've got your friend who turns to the dark side. (kain and leonheart, although golbez's situation is also similar to leonhearts).
at the end of the game, leonheart, golbez and kain all disappear for a while because they are ashamed of their evil deeds.
josef and yang are almost identical characters.
cecil's character design is based off the dark knight of FF2.
kain is based off ricard (i know later versions have written this in as kain being ricard's son).
gordon and edward have the same personality.

there's more probably but i can't remember. i know all FFs have similarities, but i thought with 2 and 4 it was HEAVY. not that i really mind, they're both different enough games, and both fun.

Tavrobel
08-26-2006, 02:13 AM

FF2 AND 4 SPOILERS
you've got your friend who turns to the dark side. (kain and leonheart, although golbez's situation is also similar to leonhearts).
at the end of the game, leonheart, golbez and kain all disappear for a while because they are ashamed of their evil deeds.
kain is based off ricard (i know later versions have written this in as kain being ricard's son).

there's more probably but i can't remember. i know all FFs have similarities, but i thought with 2 and 4 it was HEAVY. not that i really mind, they're both different enough games, and both fun.

ZOMAIGAWD! Could it possibly be that FF steals most of its plotline cliches based on sucessful literature, literature forms, and literary structure from the past several thousand years and rehashes them to represent something new for each generation!? NO WAI! TEH HER0 PSYKUL IS 3VI7!

Evastio
08-26-2006, 02:23 AM
Definitely FFIV.

It has a really good story as well as some unforgettable characters.

Crossblades
08-27-2006, 04:34 PM
wha?

This is the real FF II. It was released as part of Origins for the playstation and released for the GBA as part of Dawn of Souls

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ff2-ps/index.html

Paul
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM

FF2 AND 4 SPOILERS

ZOMAIGAWD! Could it possibly be that FF steals most of its plotline cliches based on sucessful literature, literature forms, and literary structure from the past several thousand years and rehashes them to represent something new for each generation!? NO WAI! TEH HER0 PSYKUL IS 3VI7!
i was just making an observation of similarities between FF2 and 4 in particular from the series. obviously it's not THE NEW WAVE of STORYTELLING or anything. take it easy, buddy.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-29-2006, 11:42 PM
My favorite FF is III. And you probably downloaded FFIV the american version since you said it was for the snes. Wrong one pal.

take it easy, buddy.

I hate spam in a serious matter too.

Tavrobel
08-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Damn, did I forget to wrap my post in sarcasm tags again?