PDA

View Full Version : what do they do?

Araciel
08-22-2006, 04:18 AM
i am just trying to find out what reflect null and mag elem null actually do...their descriptions are kinda vague

Captain Maxx Power
08-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Actually trying to find out what these skills do is kind of hard. My usual source of information, Gamefaqs, is completely empty on the subject. People seem more than willing to tell you where to get it, but nobody seems to want to say what it actually does! Madness.

Rantz
08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
When a person with Reflect null on casts a spell, and the spell's recipient has reflect on, it acts as if it didn't.
When a person with Mag elem null on casts an elemental spell, and the spell's recipient is strong/weak against the particular element, it acts as if it wasn't.

At least I think that's what they are.

Araciel
08-22-2006, 11:56 AM
that would make sense...will have to test it...i'm finally playing through this game for the first time and it's great! just started on disc 4

TheSpoonyBard
08-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Reflect-Null makes all magic cast buy that user ignore the Reflect status. It's useful if you want Dagger/Eiko to cast Curaga on a party with Auto-Reflect.

Mag Elem Nul makes all magic cast by the user non-elemental. It's pretty useless as it makes the -aga spells a weaker version of Flare. Doomsday with Mag Elem Nul is suicide.

Heath
08-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Mag Elem Nul makes all magic cast by the user non-elemental. It's pretty useless as it makes the -aga spells a weaker version of Flare. Doomsday with Mag Elem Nul is suicide.

Never used it myself, but I assume it could come in handy if you only happen to have learnt Firaga (of the -aga spells) against a fire elemental monster. Other than that though I can't really think of many uses.