PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

Conflagration
08-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I have a few questions about the game.

First of all, what's up with the saving system? If you go back and replay an old mission, and it saves, will all the save files after that be deleted? Isn't there any way for two people to play the game whenever they want wherever they left off without messing up or overwriting the other person's save files without having two memory cards?

Secondly, how can I train and level up and get gil without proceeding with the story? The only way I've found is to die in a mission, so whatever you did gets counted as exp, and you can do it again and again, but you have to keep dying to get the exp or gil added. Isn't there a better way?

Finally, how can I unlock the extra missions? Do I need to shoot memory capsules?

Oh and one extra thing, how does Reeve control Cait Sith, exactly? I always thought that he literally controls his every action, whatever he says, etc. But then why does Cait Sith have a different accent and voice from Reeve? Does he just give him life or something? Does Cait have his own mind?

Cruise Control
08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
First of all, what's up with the saving system? If you go back and replay an old mission, and it saves, will all the save files after that be deleted? Isn't there any way for two people to play the game whenever they want wherever they left off without messing up or overwriting the other person's save files without having two memory cards?No, it won't overwrite. Theres a mini-savefile created each time it saves, if you go back, it will just update the mini save file for that level.

Secondly, how can I train and level up and get gil without proceeding with the story? The only way I've found is to die in a mission, so whatever you did gets counted as exp, and you can do it again and again, but you have to keep dying to get the exp or gil added. Isn't there a better way?Not that I've noticed, but I reccomend doing it in the level Deep Ground Strikes back.

Finally, how can I unlock the extra missions? Do I need to shoot memory capsules?No, those are "hidden targets". You unlock them by beating normal/hard mode. Once you do that go to Extras, and choose Bonus Missionsh, and once you complete one, you unlock the next one. If you destroy a capsule in a bonus mission, you can unlock the next mission without completing the current one.

Conflagration
08-22-2006, 04:54 PM
No, it won't overwrite. Theres a mini-savefile created each time it saves, if you go back, it will just update the mini save file for that level.

Hmm, well let's say I finished a level and turned off the game, then I turned it on and played the same level, will the exp and gil and items I get be added, or replaced? For example, if I finish a level, and I have 5000 gil after I finish it, can I go back to that same level, finish it again, and have the gil I get for redoing the mission added to the 5000 gil in the next level? Then I can do the same mission over and over and get more and more gil and xp added to my total every time I do it?

Or does it only overwrite the mini-savefile of the level I replayed? If that's the case I can be (for example) lvl 20 on an older mission's savefile, and (for example) lvl 19 on a newer mission's savefile? :S

Cruise Control
08-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah. I reccomend doing the Deep Ground strikes back, and dying, because of several factors:

a) Theres a shop right next to the entrance
b) Theres a buttload of gil in crates
c) If you kill the soldiers in the clearing WITHOUT triggering the beetles to attack, they drop gill too.

Conflagration
08-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Yeah. I reccomend doing the Deep Ground strikes back, and dying, because of several factors:

a) Theres a shop right next to the entrance
b) Theres a buttload of gil
c) If you kill the soldiers in the clearing WITHOUT triggering the beetles to attack, they drop gill too.

Which mission is that? Is it a regular story mission or an extra mission? I can't seem to find it.

Cruise Control
08-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Regular story. Give me like twenty miuntes to look it up.

I believe its immediately after the Nibelheim Mission.

EDIT 2: Apparently it's called Season of Survival, but when you load the mission, it says Deep Ground Strikes Back. My apologies. This is where I got the gil for modifying weapons.

Lost Number
08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
My idea as to why Reeve and Cait Sith sound different, is cos Reeves voice is sent, and then reiterated by Cait Siths speakers.

Distain
08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Damn Cat Sith levels. Worst ones of the game:eep: . I made him get killed just for the fun of it a couple of times. Why oh why include Cat Sith and not Red? Why:cry:

fullmetal_fantasy
09-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Damn Cat Sith levels. Worst ones of the game:eep: . I made him get killed just for the fun of it a couple of times. Why oh why include Cat Sith and not Red? Why:cry:
Well Reeve was friend's with Vincent from the start and the game WAS about Vincent. So i suppose showing Red would make no sense, but yes i would have liked it if he had more screen time :)

finaloblivion
09-09-2006, 01:32 AM
does cait sith have is own AI or is he controlled by Reeve's mind? parts of me think it's both...like Cait Sith says what Reeve is thinking sometimes, and he also acts on his AI. anybody else know? and yea, red should've been there more but i think it was due to the extreme difficulty of modeling and animating his hair and stuff. yea it would've been sick, but i don't want Squenix to go crazy and shoot themselves in the head over something like that. i want them to keep making games.