PDA

View Full Version : So..

Tasura
08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
.. doea anyone know of a good program to use for recovery after a reformat? (By good I eamn that it works and si free)

Yamaneko
08-22-2006, 11:28 PM
What kind of format was this? Low-level (over-writing data with 0's and 1's)? Or quick format (which basically clears the partition table disallowing the OS from seeing the data still on the drive)? With the latter it's possible to recover data as long as you haven't been accessing the drive a lot which would cause old data to be overwritten by new data. With the former it's not possible since the data has been completely overwritten.

Tasura
08-22-2006, 11:47 PM
What kind of format was this? Low-level (over-writing data with 0's and 1's)? Or quick format (which basically clears the partition table disallowing the OS from seeing the data still on the drive)? With the latter it's possible to recover data as long as you haven't been accessing the drive a lot which would cause old data to be overwritten by new data. With the former it's not possible since the data has been completely overwritten.

Ive got no idea, but I think it would be the latter, I was told by the company that did the formating that as long as the harddrive ahdnt been replaced it was recoverable.