PDA

View Full Version : Penance

Shin Gouken
08-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Yeah your all probabley pretty bored of penance threads but maybe some kind people will help :)

I beat dark anima and the dark magus sisters and watched penance arise in the calm lands. I havnt attempted a battle with him yet but have all day today to try.

Despite what i said i went and obtained tidus's and yuna's celestial weapons and got anima and the magus sisters (who are /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif btw)

Is there anything i need to know about him before i fight him? Will i need break hp limit or ribbon? Am i looking at a physical attacking, magic attacking or overdrive use battle? How much HP does he have and roughly how long is this battle going to take without attack reels?

help apreciated :) i like to be prepared :)

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 12:55 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_PjFzrvTDU

This shows what Penance can do.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=Darkkefka

This contains videos of a normal fight against Penance.

Good luck, I wish I could fight this thing...:cat:

Shin Gouken
08-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Can someone who has beaten him offer any advice?

He's totally kicking the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out off me!

I can inflict about 3million hp on the main body before he kills me. My strategy is fairly good. Basically im using Quick hit and Quick pockets to manipulate the order of turns so that he doesn't get two consecutive attacks. A mega graviton followed by an obliteration is game over so im forcing in a turn between the two to heal.

Helios
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Did I hear Zanmato?:D :p

I've beaten Penance...but by using Zanmato so it doesn't really count, yesyesyes I AM ashamed of myself.

FTF
08-26-2006, 07:48 AM
...A mega graviton followed by an obliteration is game over so im forcing in a turn between the two to heal.

I don't have firsthand experience... but the golden rule seems to be "Do NOT let the arms get a turn." IIRC, right off the bat you should kill the left arm, almost kill the right arm, then wait (by wait I mean... attack Penance for a bit instead of the right arm) for Penance himself to get one turn and finish off the right arm. From there on, only attack Penance when both arms are gone... they are your primary targets.

That's obviously not all, but it's all I can remember... I'm sure you could find an in-depth strategy somewhere though.

Shin Gouken
08-26-2006, 09:30 AM
My strategy has changed for him now and i have some ideas to apply to battle which can really turn this battle around (possibley even make it easy) if they work.

Just need to get tidus's luck up to 130 and get some megalixers and im set. i'll let you know if it works :)

Crimson
08-28-2006, 01:33 AM
i can help u shin since i live in europe and ive beat penance i recommended

auto potion
auto haste
quick hit
break hp limit to get 99,999 hp
celestial weapons

have wakka use attack reels, tidus blitz ace, auron tornado those arms are a pest and must be killed quickly, when he changes forms he automaticlly gets haste, this can only and i mean only be disabled by usin rikkus mix purifying salt, and for godsake make sure those arms stay dead so he cant use judgement day!!!

Shin Gouken
08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
i can help u shin since i live in europe and ive beat penance i recommended

auto potion
auto haste
quick hit
break hp limit to get 99,999 hp
celestial weapons

have wakka use attack reels, tidus blitz ace, auron tornado those arms are a pest and must be killed quickly, when he changes forms he automaticlly gets haste, this can only and i mean only be disabled by usin rikkus mix purifying salt, and for godsake make sure those arms stay dead so he cant use judgement day!!!

penance was actually fairly easy with my strat :)

Wakkas stats average about 20 o_O i avoided using overdrives because they delay your next turn whearas a quick hit brings it forward so i only used quick hits for offence. I had break hp limit, auto haste ribbon and auto pheonix (which wasn't helpful because i went into battle without any pheonix downs... was using mega pheonixs instead :/)

I attacked the arms and kept them dead which is compulsary it seems. The first form was very simple... the second form was easier. I had tidus with auto protect instead of auto pheonix and would have him use sentinal before penance attacked. Sentinal meant tidus would ALWAYS take the hit (immolation is a physical attack :)) sentinal halved the damage and auto protect halved it again so he would always surive, and he didnt lose a turn from using sentinal because he would counter attack. He would quick pocket elixers and use sentinal before penances next attack and yuna and auron just quick hitted the whole time. piece of cake :D

Neron
08-28-2006, 08:53 AM
can someone please help me on my thread.its the one named "FFX help,Bahh:P" please and thank you :)