PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the Judges?

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 06:23 AM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/040906.jpg

But yeah, how do you feel about the Judges (and the law system in general?).

Personally, I like it. It adds even more balance (which this game excelled at) and strategy to the game.

Well, a bit more than hitting him anyway. :cat:

Skyblade
08-23-2006, 06:28 AM
This thread is just an excuse to show everyone an old FFTA VGCats comic, isn't it?

Anyway, I liked them. They added strategy, plot, and a neato character.

Monster Hunt
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
They're pretty cool... I mean it makes you use your brain more!

Project G
08-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Personally I hated them! Laws got in my way of completing certain missions. Like the no fighting law and the dmg 2 animal/moogle/bangaa/human/viera/nu mou laws! I hated all the really important laws like that because 90% of the time, my clan got sent to prison for breaking them. Ok, so it did add a little to the storyline but when it came to fighting the sucked!

Xxxxx

Callum

Western Paladin
08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
ok, I like to be different, and since he's already made a fool of himself and picked the one that lets us know he hates to think, I pick other. Yeah, they balance stuff out somewhat, but there was lots of balance to begin with. But yeah, they have high points and low points, so I would let them stay if given the choice.

auhin
08-23-2006, 11:49 PM
They pwnd, very original, actually made you think before you slashed. Nice to change your strategy and such, so everyone's abilities get used. Ex: If Holy is banned, I'd heal my units with Montblanc's Cuisine and suchlike.

Fireblade13
08-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I mean it gets annoying sometimes having to walk around until you get decent laws. But running into a animal clan with no damge 2 animal by accident gets annoying.

But on the other hand the second totema with no confuse was too easy.

Yuffie514
08-30-2006, 05:28 AM
i disliked them and their laws. when they whistle at me, i want to shut them up. however, i chose to abide by whatever's set before me and walk around nuisances. they do make the game more of a challenge though.

vorpal blade
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
The laws are challenging but ANNOYING! So frustrating. But I barely have to pay attention to them.

boys from the dwarf
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
im not going to vote. i think they are annoying but also useful at times. that comic brings up agood point. "woo! its no hurting animals day!!" WTH? the laws are pointless. so the judge dont care if you steal someones money but they do care if you usea potion or something. doesnt make sense to me but oh well.

BTW. what site was that comic from?

EDIT: im voting for the second one. pointless laws!

Skyblade
08-30-2006, 01:46 PM
im not going to vote. i think they are annoying but also useful at times. that comic brings up agood point. "woo! its no hurting animals day!!" WTH? the laws are pointless. so the judge dont care if you steal someones money but they do care if you usea potion or something. doesnt make sense to me but oh well.

BTW. what site was that comic from?

EDIT: im voting for the second one. pointless laws!

The comic is from www.vgcats.com.

Anyway, the comic doesn't show what happens without the laws. I'd love to see them show the choice between death and listening to the judges.

Crossblades
08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
It was cool. It made the game a bit more challenging:)

boys from the dwarf
08-30-2006, 04:53 PM
im not against the system but as ive said before, it makes no sense most of the time.