PDA

View Full Version : BESM FFVII book

midgear
08-23-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm working on a Final fantasy VII Big Eyes Small Mouth (BESM) 2ndEd source book, but found that I have little to no time to do it. So I thought to myself that I could get all the fan boys/girls out there to help me. Anything from artwork, to characters, to new defects and advantages, the world, anything
So feel like helping post here of PM me.
-MIDGEAR-

chronic_Maniac
08-23-2006, 07:06 AM
umm do you need a walkthrough?

midgear
08-23-2006, 07:29 AM
No Big Eyes Small Mouth, it’s a paper RPG you know like Dungeons and Dragons, but you know better. I need help making a book so you can play your own FF7 Game with your friends.

chronic_Maniac
08-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Ok well theres a lot of different places. good luck fitting them all on one sheet of paper.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok well theres a lot of different places. good luck fitting them all on one sheet of paper.

I never knew there were books that were one page!

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-23-2006, 02:35 PM
You misspelled BDSM.

midgear
08-25-2006, 10:30 AM
i misspelled nothing.

Madame Adequate
08-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Haha, I thought the same. But BESM is a good system (Assuming you mean real BESM, rather than D20). However, the basic book gives you most of what you need to create it for yourself, really...

midgear
08-26-2006, 03:14 AM
I know that the you could do it with the books that are already out, but there things that would be cool to put in like summons and main character (tiffa etc) character templates, and a lot more. If you don't want to help you don’t need to, but I thought this could be a cool project for a lot of people not just one person. If I’m the only one that's going to do it I will still do it but it will take me a lot more time and I don’t think it will be as good.

And D20 BESM sucks I would never make a book for that version of the game.

midgear
08-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Limit Break

Cost: 3 Points/Level
Relevant Stat: Varies

Some people have the ability to unleashes powerful attacks or powerful abilities in times of need known as limit Breaks. Limit Breaks can be lot of things from an energy strike from your sword, to missals falling from the sky, to angels blessing you with heavenly powers, just about anything goes (with the permission from your GM).

Limit Breaks only happen after you take enough abuse from the enemy; the more you get hit the closer you get to using your Limit Break. To be able to use a Limit Break you must have taken 100% of your Health Points total in damage, this number is called the Limit Bat. The only way you can achieve this by taking the damage over time, so the total damage stacks filling your Limit Bat, so if you have 50 Health Points and you take 50 in damage in total over the course of your battles you can use your Limit Break from that point on, once you use the Limit Break your Limit Bat is dropped back to zero and you must take 100% more Hit Point damage to use your Limit Break again.

Limit Break costs 3 points a level, and delivers 25 points of damage per level:
Level 1 the Limit Break delivers 25 points of damage.
Level 2 the Limit Break delivers 50 points of damage.
Level 3 the Limit Break delivers 75 points of damage.
Level 4 the Limit Break delivers 100 points of damage.
Level 5 the Limit Break delivers 125 points of damage.
Level 6 the Limit Break delivers 150 points of damage.

Limit Break can be customized using attack Abilities (see BESM, page 83-89) and some new attack Abilities on page __-__. Each attack Ability added reduces the damage of the Limit Break by 25 points of damage. You can also add attack Disabilities (see BESM, page 89-92). Each attack Disability added increases the damage of the Limit Break by 25 points of damage

The Limit Break advantage can be taken up to eight times. After the Limit Break is created it cannot changed, no adding damage no adding new attack Abilities or attack Disabilities.

The Limit Break must be assigned a name. Such as Blade Beam, or Pulse of Life, or Big Brawl. Make the name reverent to the Limit Break, for example if your character spins around and strike your enemy three times the Limit Break could be call Tornado Slash. When the Limit Break is cheated you and yore GM must determine what skill the Limit Break uses. Like a Limit Break that uses an energy gun might use the Gun combat skill (see BESM, Page 127) .

New attack Abilities

Status attack
Status condition
Consecutive Hit Cure (you do 1/2 of your total damage, instead of base –25)
Remedy
Life (-75 damage instead of base –25)
Life 2 (-150 damage instead of base –25)

Status attack
(MORE TO COME)

Status condition
(MORE TO COME)

Consecutive Hit (you do 1/2 of your total damage, instead of base –25)
With Consecutive Hit, you deliver one Limit Break with the Consecutive Hit after another for a combination of moves.

Cure
Instead of dealing damage this Limit Break now heals said damage. If the attack Ability Area Effect is on the same Limit Break as Cure everything in the Area Effect (including enemy) is cured.

Remedy
All negative Status Effects on target of this Limit Break are now gone. If the attack Ability Area Effect is on the same Limit Break as Remedy everything in the Area Effect (including enemy) have all negative Status Effects removed.

Life (-75 damage instead of base –25)
When a character is reduced to –20 to -50 Health Points the character is dead, but when the attack Ability Life is part of Limit Break the caster can chose a Dead character back to 1 Health Point. If the attack Ability Area Effect is on the same Limit Break as Life everything in the Area Effect (including enemy) is brought back to 1 Health Point. If someone is dead for more than one hour you cannot bring her back to life using the life attack Ability.

Life 2 (-150 damage instead of base –25)
When a character is reduced to –50 to -70 Health Points the character is dead, but when the attack Ability Life is part of Limit Break the caster can chose a Dead character back to 1 Health Point. If the attack Ability Area Effect is on the same Limit Break as Life everything in the Area Effect (including enemy) is brought back to 1 Health Point. If someone is dead for more than two hour you cannot bring her back to life using the life attack Ability.

what do you all think?