PDA

View Full Version : Tell us your "heroic" Macros.

Markus. D
08-23-2006, 07:59 AM
ya know, where you say stuff before when you activate it.

so far, Ive only bothered putting stuff in my WSs and JAs (I will only go as far as my JA's and not my Subs JAs and etc, they say nothing).

Boost (I have a three for these because its spammed all the time)-
- (nothing said)
- /emote begins guzzling down a V Drink
- Keep up the good work team... Boost!

Hundred Fists
- A finale resort... Hundred Fists!
- /emote joins in on the Chain with Hundred Fists

Focus
- /emote begins staring at the enemy
... Focus!

Chi Blast
- You all better love me after this... Chi Blast!

Chakra
- You all better love me after this... Chakra!

Raging Fists
- Let me make your downfall artistic... Raging Fists!

Combo
- wapshh wapshh wopshh... Combo!

Backhand Blow
- ZOMG TENNIS BALL... Backhand Blow!

Rostum
08-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Ugh, don't say anything with a boost macro. >.<;

I don't say anything in my macros anymore, it's all pointless and very annoying when you're doing events (like missions, dynamis, sky, or something where it can interrupt).

abrojtm
08-23-2006, 08:08 AM
My only ones where I had text were when I pulled and used some of my WS and 3hrs as RNG.

Markus. D
08-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Ugh, don't say anything with a boost macro. >.<;

I only use my boost macros with sayings when I resort to boredom xD

I'd die if I had to read my boost macros over and over again xD

Germ Hamee
08-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I used to have a "/p [Spell] --> t --> MP=mpp" macro, but that's the closest I ever got to that. I removed all of them after playing in a hectic party as a WHM. Jeez, those things are annoying, and can mean your life if they distract me!

Now I only use such macros for things the party needs to know, like casting Sleep, or elemental debuffs.

Roogle
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I used to have some of those. I had them translated to Japanese because the majority of my party members were usually Japanese; the most popular, if I recall, was the one that I had selected for Blink.

"Silhouettes always dance like this," it said.

Luc
08-23-2006, 09:10 AM
I've never said anything in any of my macros. =/

No.78
08-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I stopped putting that stuff into my macros when I realised how annoying it was...

Markus. D
08-23-2006, 02:27 PM
awww there goto be someone.

No.78
08-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Seriously though, people will get annoyed by the macros ;_; mark my words.

Yeargdribble
08-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I virtually never put anything in my macros. It's highly annoying to see over and over and it hurts you far more than it helps. Spamming the chatlog is bad enough in XP PTs and even far worse in most endgame events where there is enough spam from other things already.

On BRD the only macro I will ocassionally add text to is my Lullaby macro for BCs and events where people need to know what I'm sleeping so they either don't attack or back it up with a dark based sleep.

On other jobs I pretty much only macro my TP calls (if that) and sometimes WS macros so that it's easier for the people that plan to burst to prepare to do so. In lower level PTs I'll even put very clearly what the resultant burst should be.

However, just for fun, I've been a complete ass in some PTs to hint that someone's macro is annoying. If I run into someone with a repetive and annoying macro I will make one equally so... along the lines of (keep in mind I use unlimited windower macros):

bOOOOOOOooOOsssSSSsTTTtT!!!
BOOOST READY IN 10 seconds!!!
BOOOOST ready in 5 seconds!!!!!!
ZOMG BOOOST IS READY!!!!!!
BOOOoosoooosoooOSOSSSTTTT!!!!!

You get the idea.

No.78
08-23-2006, 02:54 PM
lol! I met a taru whm with a macro like that, except it wasn't a joke.

/ma "Cure" <t>
/say TARUUUU HEALING!!!

Srsly.

Ouch!
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Hmmm.

/js "Provoke" <t>
/p Executing {Provoke}!

That's about it. I only used it in exp. parties to let others know I was provoking in case they're too blind to see the animation for it. I ditched it after a while.

I used to use macros for my weapon skills on DRKs to give people a heads up on skillchains, but it was the same "Executing {insert name of ws here}!"

I haven't used any "heroic" macros since my first week of gameplay.

Yeargdribble
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Things especially to avoid unless you are looking for the fastest way onto someone's /blist are:

emote macros
say macros
shout macros

At least if you have PT macros you are only annoying 5 other people but the rest of the macros potentially annoy a much larger audience and are quite frowned upon.

dodhungry
08-23-2006, 10:14 PM
I have only my pulling macro which is standard <call7> Luring <t> Ready? /ja Provoke /attack

other than that however hehehe is my own "special" slap type macros.. these include

/emote moons <t>

/say The Shadow of death falls before thee
/slap <t>

/emote runs of <t> with chocobo and deals 9999 damage:choc: :choc2: :choc: :D

ScottNUMBERS
08-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I just have what's necessary.

For Example,

/JA "Provoke" > <t>
wait 30
{Provoke} {Ready} for use!

Dark Knights are the worst for annoying macros -_-

The only time I'd have one of those kind of Macro is on an ability that I use very infrequently, like Raise for example.

Yeargdribble
08-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Yeah... DRKs do have some annoying macros. The moment I get a whiff of Papa Roach I start to groan.

Del Murder
08-24-2006, 02:28 AM
I started out using /party for macros but realized it wasn't necessary. The only thing I say is what my tp/mp is and one for pulling, which I don't even do anymore.

Maybe I should start putting them in. How does this sound:

'Light from the heavens above, with the power of the seven sages of Alderac, I bestow upon you...CURE II!'

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah... DRKs do have some annoying macros. The moment I get a whiff of Papa Roach I start to groan.

Cut my life into pieces. This is my [Last Resort]...
THAT IS SO ANNOYING!

But all I use are:
/ja "Provoke" <t>
/p [Provoke] <t>
/wait 15
/p [Provoke] in 15
/wait 15
/p [Provoke] [Ready!]

MP: <mp> [Ready!] [Fish]
and
MP: <mp> [Please] WAIT!

and
/ra <t>
/p [Fishing] <t> [Pull back]

Beyond that nothing but
/ja "Boost" <me>
/wait 15
/ja "Boost" <me>
/wait 15
/ja "Boost" <me>

I'm not a big fan of macros as they're annoying but i only use the ones I feel are necessary.

Yeargdribble
08-24-2006, 06:15 AM
You really shouldn't use {Pull back!} in the translator for your pulling macro. It literally means to get back. Such as in a situation where your mages are too close to AoE and you tell them to pull back. {Fishing} or {Ranged Attack} ---> <*t*> (can't make it worth without *) is more appropriate if you XP with JP players.

I figure they all have figured it out by now because people have misused it so much but still it's probably a good idea to seem on top of things to your JP PT members ^^

chronic_Maniac
08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Summon - Great gods I call upon you!!
Red mage's white mage spell - <t> my powers will help you
Red mage black spell - What do you know about the dark arts <t>

Fuego
08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't know how Heroic this is but on my white mage i have

/p Casting "Benediction" Please Some One Voke ! I'm Too Young To Die !
/wait 3
/ja "Benediction" <me>

LOL

Ouch!
08-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Too bad provoke isn't enough to turn the hate from benediction. Invincible does the trick, though.

Germ Hamee
08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I recently partied with a War that did that really annoying Victory call everytime she provoked. I forget which number it is. =\ I couldn't take it any more after an hour and disbanded. OMG, that call should NEVER be used.

Garn the Red
08-24-2006, 11:45 PM
I only do Macros to tell my party my t/p or when I'm pulling, And I'm Damn tired of those emo DRKs giving us normal DRKS a sissy rep. Look your supposed to cut the enemies not yourselves!

Yeargdribble
08-25-2006, 01:13 AM
I only do Macros to tell my party my t/p or when I'm pulling, And I'm Damn tired of those emo DRKs giving us normal DRKS a sissy rep. Look your supposed to cut the enemies not yourselves!

ROFL omg I almost fell out of my chair!

Fuego
08-25-2006, 02:00 AM

ROFL omg I almost fell out of my chair!
*Wipes tear from his eye* Holy hell that is Hilarious !

Beyond
08-31-2006, 10:44 AM
The last party I was in had a DRK who used that "Cut my life into pieces" line. I almost didn't Raise him once.

Rostum
08-31-2006, 11:36 AM
The last party I was in had a DRK who used that "Cut my life into pieces" line. I almost didn't Raise him once.

Yes I also had a DRK use that when he used Last Resort in a party. >.<; Was funny bagging him though!

Ouch!
08-31-2006, 09:49 PM
You taste like sunshine dust!

Fuego
08-31-2006, 10:37 PM
You taste like sunshine dust! Salad Fingers (?) "fat-pie.com" (?)

Ouch!
08-31-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know. Ask Ome.

Rostum
09-01-2006, 01:14 AM

Exactly!

For PLD I used to have "You taste like sunshine dust < t >! {Provoke}", which turned a few heads.

Markus. D
09-01-2006, 03:58 AM
xD

wow.

Ouch!
09-01-2006, 04:27 AM
I remember the first time I saw it when we were mucking around in Valkurm Dunes. I didn't get it, but I laughed anyway.

Fuego
09-01-2006, 11:11 PM

Exactly!

For PLD I used to have "You taste like sunshine dust < t >! {Provoke}", which turned a few heads.LMAO ! Thats awsome !
I love that cartoon and think its cool to run into someone else who doesn't think i am freak for lovin' it ! :D

"Hubert Cumberdale you taste like soot and poo !"
I should set that as a macro and see what reaction i get :lol:

***EDIT***
Although it would end up being < T > instead of Hubert Cumberdale ;)

chionos
09-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I used lots of /p macros when i first started, but stopped the first time someone explained to me how annoying it was. I couldn't use them now even if i wanted to. If i tried to use a macro, say in a fight like Jormungand, I would swiftly be booted from the alliance and get to watch everyone else have fun. In big fights if it's necessary to let someone know my tp or whatever, I use /t macros to let them know.

dodhungry
09-06-2006, 06:44 PM
lol I have seen a WHM named Essil running around Valkurm Dunes here of late with this raise macro:

"Looks like you forgot the Phoenix Down today. I guess this will have to do instead."

Mirage
09-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I've only got one, and that's:
{Sneak Attack} it's weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!
I only have it for SATAVB, not for regular SATAs.

No.78
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Massive damage and sunshine dust FTW.

Now, I have an obsession with funky patterns.

<-><-> (| Chain Affinity <-><->
O-0-o (| Burst Affinity |) O-0-o

etcetera...