PDA

View Full Version : Tidus had black hair

TheSpoonyBard
08-23-2006, 05:48 PM
I mentioned a while ago in this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=78521) that Tidus originally had black hair. I couldn't find anything at the time to back up my claim, but now I have. It's a video of FFX: Beta from 2000.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=72vckLXI7x4

In it you can clearly see that Tidus has black hair.

Flying Mullet
08-23-2006, 05:56 PM
So...? :confused:

TheSpoonyBard
08-23-2006, 05:59 PM
There's no so. I just thought it might be of interest to people who posted in the previous topic and those who may want to see how the game originally looked.

Tavrobel
08-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Congratulations?

Chances are, at this point, if you said anything about FFX, most of the people here would believe you, since there are only three people that actually know what they are talking about.

Truthful, or otherwise.

Breine
08-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Interesting vidoe clip. How come Tidus looks so much more graphically better in that clip than he did in the actual game?

feona17
08-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Interesting vidoe clip. How come Tidus looks so much more graphically better in that clip than he did in the actual game?

I was wondering the same thing. Yeah, well, he's blonde now and there ain't no turning back.

Moon Rabbits
08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
The running animation in that trailer is far better than the one in the finished FFX. I also like Tidus better with black hair.

No.78
08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree with aisle... Ahh, he just stole what I was gonna post.

Necronopticous
08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
I always liked the original Final Fantasy X logo. Ah, this video brings back good memories.

kikimm
08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah that is pretty interesting. He does look very Japanese so black hair makes sense. *comment on the running aminatoinkonona,montion* Oh well. I was pleased with the game anyways.

Sefie1999AD
08-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Nice find. I think Tidus looks rather good with black hair.

$howBiz
08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
if that was real, that one looks so much better!!

Nominus Experse
08-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Tidus with black hair would have severely pissed me off. It would have given him a physical "edge" he doesn't have. Blonde hair suits him better, both in the sense of his overall appearence and his mood and antics as a character.

I am somewhat confused as to why they decided to change his running animation, however. It looks much smoother there when compared to the bopping motion that seemed to plague Tidus in the release version. Oh well, a minor detail really...

Captain Maxx Power
08-23-2006, 09:57 PM
From the looks of it the demo being run was using the same animation. Chances are it was running at a higher FPS than the one used in the game. Plus the lack of any other animated models on-screen probably would have helped matters. What's most interesting is the use of the Online capabilities that they seemed to be really hyping up a lot in the demo but never actually made it into the game.

Vyk
08-23-2006, 10:32 PM
They axed a lot. I remember seeing that video. I was actually looking forward to the game at that point. But then they took away Tidus's cool look. Black hair, and he actually ran like a man and stuff. Then they turned him into a cry-baby and took away that beatuiful free-3D overworld for a whole linear paved navigation. FFX was pretty disappointing to me in the end.

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I prefer black hair to blonde hair, but black hair doesn't suit Tidus.

Tidus is definately a blonde.
Can anyone find a better vid that isn't taken in some theater like that?

Dynast-Kid
08-23-2006, 11:54 PM
What was that thing in the logo?

And was that first place supposed to be the Calm Lands?It looked alot better in this video.

And the second place...Was that Remiem Temple or Bevelle?

Vyk
08-24-2006, 12:13 AM
I doubt they had names at that time. They didn't have all the characters made. Yuna and Tidus were the only ones you knew about at that point. And I think only that because of that video. Pretty sure that was more of a PS2 tech demo than an actual game demo. It was just them testing out an engine they made for the upcoming game. They weren't that deep in actually making the game.

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
08-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Just to put my seeings into this topic, i dont think that it's tidus. I mean it may be tidus but at the very beginning if you noticed, it said final fantasy IX and throughout it has play online. If i am wrong please correct me, on play online can you pick your own character and customise because you are playing along with the nation?? Well thats what i think! Please send me a private message if you need to correct me! Ohh and it was before they made ffx so i think when they were making ffx they thought more about the plot and how the characters look.

Shadowdeathrose
08-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Thats stupid fair enough the graphics were much better, showing game trials for future generations but black hair does not suit tidus at all not just his face but his overall character aswell

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Just to put my seeings into this topic, i dont think that it's tidus. I mean it may be tidus but at the very beginning if you noticed, it said final fantasy IX and throughout it has play online. If i am wrong please correct me, on play online can you pick your own character and customise because you are playing along with the nation?? Well thats what i think!The FFX logo appears about thirty seconds into the video, and Tidus and Yuna's names can be seen in the menu screen.

G SpOtZ
08-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Brown hair would have been better than black hair.

Yeah, everything looked way better in that... but oh well. It just makes me think, "Oh... great. FFXIII is gonna be way worse than shown in its recent trailers."

... Nahhhh. FFXIII will be exactly what it looks like!

No.78
08-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Anyone got a clear version of the old logo?

... And... Was FFX gonna be an online game or something? O.o

tidus_rox
08-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow, his hood acctually moves when he runs! (wait.. does it in the finished version?) Ne ways, I really dont see the point in changing things at all. I mean if yor main charater has black hair, then keep the hair. If the graphics are better, why tone them down? It makes no sense. Tidus does look good with black hair lol, much perffer it over the blonde, but blonde is still nice.

jammi567
08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
it just doesn't suit him with black hair, blond is so much better for him.

TehAnima
09-02-2006, 03:06 AM
The running animation in that trailer is far better than the one in the finished FFX. I also like Tidus better with black hair.

I was thinking the same thing.

And Tidus looks odd with black hair...really.....

Vyk
09-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Everyone keeps saying it doesn't suit him. And it doesn't. It doesn't suit what he became. The whiney cry-baby personality with all that boisterous charisma and crap. That guy is better as a bleach blonde. The guy in that video however doesn't really have that air about him at all. I think the character, and more so, the personality would have developed long after that video. I wish they would have worked the other way. Instead of coming up with this pansy and making a character model that suits him. They had this nice looking (more ... manly?) character model. They should have based his personality on that. So we could have a main character I could stomach for 40 hours :]

Yuffie514
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
hm, black hair. i think the hair color he has now best suits him, and his dark-colored hair as a boy. black doesn't seem to fit any character in the game well except for Lulu (and partially Auron).

Dr.M
09-02-2006, 11:43 AM
omg omg omg omg! hahahahah, that is so funi! HE CAN ACTURLY RUN! and and and im just bahahahahah black hair! its so ccooooooooll! in a dosent sute him way hahahah!

feona17
09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
You people have really gotta stop matching hair colours with personalites. Brunettes can be "dumb blondes" too, if you know what I mean.

Psydekick
09-02-2006, 08:12 PM
So omg he did, very good find that

Rosenti
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
the sluts within lol....