PDA

View Full Version : Little Questions

kain_ex
08-23-2006, 06:48 PM
1. How you play blitzball TO WIN?

2. Where can I find massive amounts of Strength Spheres, Agility Spheres, etc.?

3. How you get the Destruction Sphere from Zanarkand (if there's one, that is)?

4. Monster's Arena worth doing?

That's it.

Dell
08-23-2006, 07:10 PM
That's hardly a little question!
Oh, I see! You finally get FFX, kain_ex! Congrats!

See the guide given by the game. You just have to score a goal like Football except this is in water, weird (Not ordinary) technique and 5 people instead of 11. And Tidus is a pig.

Monster Arena, that ogre monster (forget his name, you'll unlocked him if you capture all the monster in Mi'ihen), can give you spheres if you use a distiller on them (You can also use Extract Skill and auto-ability in some weapons). Monster in Macalania also gives some sphere.

After you have completed Zanarkand temple (I recommend you to do it after you have obtained the airship), return back to the temple and you'll see a white colour on the screen, step on all White Tetris and you'll found the location of the Destruction Sphere, take it and replace Besaid Sphere with it.

You don't need to do this if you're planning to just win the game but I highly recommend you to do this since it's the main (hard) sidequest (like Via Infinito). Develop your skills here and PWN Jecht! If you have the PAL version, you can fight Dark Aeons.

kain_ex
08-23-2006, 08:58 PM
That's hardly a little question!
Oh, I see! You finally get FFX, kain_ex! Congrats!

See the guide given by the game. You just have to score a goal like Football except this is in water, weird (Not ordinary) technique and 5 people instead of 11. And Tidus is a pig.

Monster Arena, that ogre monster (forget his name, you'll unlocked him if you capture all the monster in Mi'ihen), can give you spheres if you use a distiller on them (You can also use Extract Skill and auto-ability in some weapons). Monster in Macalania also gives some sphere.

After you have completed Zanarkand temple (I recommend you to do it after you have obtained the airship), return back to the temple and you'll see a white colour on the screen, step on all White Tetris and you'll found the location of the Destruction Sphere, take it and replace Besaid Sphere with it.

You don't need to do this if you're planning to just win the game but I highly recommend you to do this since it's the main (hard) sidequest (like Via Infinito). Develop your skills here and PWN Jecht! If you have the PAL version, you can fight Dark Aeons.

Heh, thanx ^^

But I think you're talking about how to Get POWER Spheres and the kind in the 2nd answer. I want STRENGHT spheres (the ones that turns an empty node into something new). I'm lacking them. If you informed correctly, then sorry but I'm still not too good in the game. BTW, I've completed the game already... but I'm doing sidequests and things like it now.

farplaner
08-24-2006, 12:52 AM
But I think you're talking about how to Get POWER Spheres and the kind in the 2nd answer. I want STRENGHT spheres (the ones that turns an empty node into something new). I'm lacking them. If you informed correctly, then sorry but I'm still not too good in the game. BTW, I've completed the game already... but I'm doing sidequests and things like it now.

Yeah, all of your stat raising spheres can be obtained in the monster arena from the species creations, except Fortune and Luck spheres, which are found under original creations. You'll need to do a lot of capturing, though, before you'll need to worry about stockpiling stat spheres.

Species Creations:

Fenrir: agility sphere
Vidatu: MP sphere
One-Eye: Mag. Def.
Jumbo Flan: magic
Tanket: defense
Juggernaut: strength
Ironclad: HP

Original

Earth Eater: fortune
Greater Sphere: luck

Also, you'll want to do some leveling, weapon and armor gathering/customizing, etc. before you take on the creations.
I don't have PAL version, so I can't tell you anything about dark aeons.

Dell
08-24-2006, 07:10 AM
The Species Creation can give you THAT TYPE OF SPHERE.
I'll add the Accuracy and the Evasion Sphere (You can read the others above! :rolleyes2 ).
Hornet: Accuracy Sphere
Pteryx: Evasion Sphere

Tav have the guide for Monster Arena, you should check it out.

farplaner
08-25-2006, 09:25 AM
The Species Creation can give you THAT TYPE OF SPHERE.
I'll add the Accuracy and the Evasion Sphere (You can read the others above! :rolleyes2 ).
Hornet: Accuracy Sphere
Pteryx: Evasion Sphere

Tav have the guide for Monster Arena, you should check it out.

knew I was leaving something out....

Madame Adequate
08-25-2006, 01:51 PM
The Dark Aeons are incredibly tough foes, and even Valefor can kick the crap out of a party easily able to wreck Sin.

kain_ex
08-25-2006, 05:21 PM
The Dark Aeons are incredibly tough foes, and even Valefor can kick the crap out of a party easily able to wreck Sin.

Well, so I guess I'm just lucky! I don't have this PAL version! Though I'd like to fight these Dark Aeons and they'd kick ass of Yuna and Rikku, unlike FFX-2 (dark aeons there are incredible weak) ¬¬

Edit: Heck, Marlboro Menace just keep f... the hell out of my party ¬¬ I've already beat Stratoavis, Kottos (whatever is the spelling), Jormungad, Cactuar King, Abyss Worm and Chimeragiest.... but ... Can't beat the Marlboro =///

Dell
08-25-2006, 06:00 PM

Well, so I guess I'm just lucky! I don't have this PAL version! Though I'd like to fight these Dark Aeons and they'd kick ass of Yuna and Rikku, unlike FFX-2 (dark aeons there are incredible weak) ¬¬

Edit: Heck, Marlboro Menace just keep f... the hell out of my party ¬¬ I've already beat Stratoavis, Kottos (whatever is the spelling), Jormungad, Cactuar King, Abyss Worm and Chimeragiest.... but ... Can't beat the Marlboro =///

You need to have Ribbon in order to beat Malboro Menace. OR you could just unleashes Oblivion, Delta Attack, Blitz Ace or Attack Reel for one-hit-kill. And Kottos was the monster that gives Spheres to you if you use a distiller/extract skill/auto-ability on weapon to them. Do you know the Don Tonberry's trick?

The Dark Aeons is very hard. Even Valefor could kick your ass within the first turn. Bahamut have 4 million HP! While Anima have 7-8 Million HP! Though The Magus Sisters HP isn't that high, they appear in three (Triple HP and Triple Damage!), and they even start with a hefty 99999 damage Delta Attack. But you can avoid them by fighting one by one. And you have to fight Yojimbo five times! Zanmato will kill you if you have no Auto-Life!. Lastly Shiva is so sexy and strong: Wonder Woman.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2006, 11:31 PM
As for Blitzball, you can make the players swim in circles if you swim in the middle of your own goal, but sometimes it doesn't work and the other team gets the ball, and look where you are.

ScottNUMBERS
08-26-2006, 12:49 AM
To win Blitzball:

- Pass to Tidus
- Swim to the opposing teams goal
- Jecht Shot (Or sphere shot if you don't have it)

Rinse and repeat.

For Malboro Menace just equip prevention against the status effects you don't like, with Ribbon he shouldn't be too hard at all.

kain_ex
08-26-2006, 01:23 AM

You need to have Ribbon in order to beat Malboro Menace. OR you could just unleashes Oblivion, Delta Attack, Blitz Ace or Attack Reel for one-hit-kill. And Kottos was the monster that gives Spheres to you if you use a distiller/extract skill/auto-ability on weapon to them. Do you know the Don Tonberry's trick?

The Dark Aeons is very hard. Even Valefor could kick your ass within the first turn. Bahamut have 4 million HP! While Anima have 7-8 Million HP! Though The Magus Sisters HP isn't that high, they appear in three (Triple HP and Triple Damage!), and they even start with a hefty 99999 damage Delta Attack. But you can avoid them by fighting one by one. And you have to fight Yojimbo five times! Zanmato will kill you if you have no Auto-Life!. Lastly Shiva is so sexy and strong: Wonder Woman.

I'll fight Kottos again and get him some spheres. No, what's this Don Tonberry trick?

I see... Whoever beat down these Dark Aeons, I say: you have God's extreme blessing

About Blitzball, I found out a perfect way to breakthrough: When an enemy gets near to you (must be at Manual type), press triangle and the game stops. Then go back to the game and you'll advance a little while the guys stay still for some time.

Edit: Guess my doubts are done, thank you all =P

K. H. Kid
08-26-2006, 04:20 AM
The Don Tonberry trick is when you have someone with a weapon with Triple Ap, Triple Overdrive, and Overdrive to Ap. You have that person on Comrade overdrive mode while the other two are on Stoic. The stoic people attack while the comrade person revives each time someone attacks. At the end of the battle you should get between 43 to 99 sphere level. You could either customize the triple stuff or just win the Triple Ap, Triple Od, and Od to Ap weapons from Ultima Buster.

rubah
08-27-2006, 01:20 AM
rubah's super l33t way to own at blitzball.

1) Read A Separate Peace.
2) Get a miraculously speedy person as your center fielder and have him catch the ball.
3) Have him pass behind him to your right and left defenders.
4) They play catch for about three minutes, all three of them. include your other two players on the field if they're safely away from the other team and have the PA to get the ball back xD.
5) Take tidus in for a jecht shot victory!
6) Have the timer run out right after the other team takes possession >:]
7) Rack up the levels and start process again.