PDA

View Full Version : I found out that in life...

lovehurts
08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Ok this thread is for everyone to offer there life lessons.

Example I was in college and the more Im in it the better. People love confidence I have learned. I mean the people really respect some one who is confident. A. the girls B. the older adult world.

So I say to all of you respect everyone. Be polite and always show confidence in what you do in life. People will respect you more and people will trust you more.

Anyways on with thread.

What life lessons have you figured out for yourself through experience. Has anyone ever shared solid inspirationall life lessons with you that are worth sharing? Do you have any of your own that you learned by your own experiences?

If you could tell some one in life to watch out for this or that ...what would you caution them about?

McLovin'
08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
If you pull a dogs tail...it will bite.

Shiny
08-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I learned not to trust people.

bipper
08-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I learned this lesson from some one else's life. If you are nice to everyone, and humble, and a perfect person by definition you will end up nailed to a cross. Never be too right.

The Devil Man
08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
I learned this lesson from some one else's life. If you are nice to everyone, and humble, and a perfect person by definition you will end up nailed to a cross. Never be too right.

Bipper you are one of the funniest guys I have ever come across! :lol:

I'm thinking of starting a 'Bipper Fan Club'. A tribute... to YOU!

Nominus Experse
08-23-2006, 08:30 PM

Oh dear Jesus.. that made me laugh quite a bit...

I have learned in my life that people are largely incompetent, lazy, and/or severly lacking any form or intelligence or common reason.

Fred
08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Everclear is highly flammable and will not only catch your arm on fire, it will drip down like lit gasoline and spread.

Rye
08-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't respect everyone (if you respect everyone, than respect means nothing. Only really deserving people should get your respect), but common courtesy is nice. It helps.

Levian
08-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Getting nailed to a cross makes it 70% harder to eat skittles.

I Am Stoner
08-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Beer is a good substitute for weed.

FiragaBreak
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Don't keep anger in. Let it out on your pillow or dog.
Don't hang with the wrong crowd.
Don't start problems. Be the problem.
Don't talk a lot. Pretend to listen by nodding your head.
Have a lot of friends. To make them, pay them. Money is the root of all evil.
Laughter isn't the best medicine. You can die from laughing too long.

(I'm serious.)

XxSephirothxX
08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I came to realize several years ago that I dislike a considerable portion of human society, and that frequent social interaction is therefore not all it's chalked up to be.

Christmas
08-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Kefka: Then I'll destroy those too. Why do people rebuild things they know
are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they
know they can't live forever? Think how meaningless each of your
lives is!

Kefka: Life... dreams... hope... Where'd they come from? And where are
they headed? These things... I am going to destroy!

Avarice-ness
08-24-2006, 03:56 AM
Kefka: Then I'll destroy those too. Why do people rebuild things they know
are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they
know they can't live forever? Think how meaningless each of your
lives is!

Kefka: Life... dreams... hope... Where'd they come from? And where are
they headed? These things... I am going to destroy!

Kefka is smart, Christmas is smart because FFVI does teach life's lessons.
-----------
"I will destroy everything... I will create a monument to non-existence!"

"Life will go on, there will always be people, and dreams."

"No! I will hunt them down. I will destroy it all! Destroy!
Destroy! Destroy!!"

"We will not allow you
to harm another living thing."

"Hee, hee, hee!! But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost!"

"It's over!"

"Oh! But it hasn't yet begun! And I'm giving you a front-row seat!
Life... Dreams... Hope... Where did they come from? And where are they headed? These things... I am going to destroy."

The end comes... beyond chaos.

daggertrepe
08-24-2006, 04:01 AM
I've learned that people will be mean even if you are nice to them. I've learned that one of my teachers is queer. And I might have even leaned not to eat school lnches anymore. :(

Dignified Pauper
08-24-2006, 05:24 AM
you're bound to make mistakes

and secondly

go with the Marick D. Pauper definition for tragedy.

Tragedy is not a bad event. Tragedy is the act of not moving on from a bad event.

Madame Adequate
08-24-2006, 05:29 AM
Most of the species doesn't have two brain cells to click together, and they deserve to be ruled and exploited. Do not be in this category.

Psychotic
08-24-2006, 05:32 AM
I learned that A is for Apple, and B is for...oh darnit, I guess I didn't learn that one after all.

kikimm
08-24-2006, 06:15 AM
I've learned that people are very unwilling to admit their own stupidity. It's always everybody else; everybody else is dumb, everybody else doesn't think, everybody else is negatively affected by the media, peer pressure, everybody else everybody else everybody else - not me.

BAH.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Ridiculing others for their folly makes you cool in the eyes of people who's opinions actually matter.

eestlinc
08-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Arrogance is even less attractive than stupidity.

Everybody ends up dead.

-N-
08-24-2006, 09:17 AM
I find that people who think their advice is worth listening to don't make good advisors.

Madame Adequate
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Arrogance is even less attractive than stupidity.

Everybody ends up dead.

This is an ironic pair of statements. :love:

lovehurts
08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I find that people who think their advice is worth listening to don't make good advisors.

In my opinion that depends if the advice comes from the heart(good) or an over inflated ego.(bad)

Mitch
08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
The Flaming lips have written some of the best songs in the solar system

Moon Rabbits
08-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Beer is a good substitute for weed.

LIES.

I learned that aiming high sets you up for disappointment! If you want some butter it's under my face!

Shiny
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Everybody ends up dead.
That reminds me of another life lesson. If you eat healthy and exorcise you'll die anyway.

I Am Stoner
08-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Everybody ends up dead.
That reminds me of another life lesson. If you eat healthy and exorcise you'll die anyway.

You are an amazing person Shiny, please don't give up hope. You shine hope into so many lives, you are to important to this life to give up. Those people need you.

Freya
08-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Life sucks deal with it.

Don't worry about how people look or if they're popular, or how you try to be like others, because most time they'll be, have been, or are at the moment, burger flippers.

Common sense runs thin in this day and age.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I learn that same one about confidence. My brother told me. He has huge experience with the girls.

Shiny
08-24-2006, 09:35 PM
You are an amazing person Shiny, please don't give up hope. You shine hope into so many lives, you are to important to this life to give up. Those people need you.
Eh? I'm not giving up life. What are you talking about? :confused:

I Am Stoner
08-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Eh? I'm not giving up life. What are you talking about? :confused:

I meant dont give up your vibrant personality, your a good person, by the way you were talking I thought you were giving up, sorry.

I also learnt in life, good things come to thse who wait.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Everybody ends up dead.

Actually if you exorcise it expands your lifetime. Saw it on tv once. Not sure if it was expand or live longer. 'Cause expand'll make you people think you could live forever if you stay on a treadmill.

The Hubsta
08-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Always save at save points.

Christmas
04-19-2023, 02:12 PM
Beware of BoB. He rejoices at your suffering and wank excessively.