PDA

View Full Version : Cubism

Shiny
08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
So I've been introduced to a personality test in Psychology class not too long ago. It's called "The Cube". Basically it goes like this:

~Imagine a desert landscape. It's very simple... horizon, sand, sky, whatever you see when you think of a desert.

~In this desert there is... a cube!
What does the cube look like?
What's it made of? What color is it?
How big is it?
Is it sitting on the sand, or in some other position?
How close or far away is it to the sky?

~In this desert there is also a ladder.
Where is it (in relation to the cube)?
What is it made of (i.e. is it leaning against something)?
What position is it in?
Does it have many rungs, or a few rungs?

~In this desert there now appears... a horse.
Where is the horse?
What breed is the horse?
What color is it?
What is it doing?
Does it have on a saddle or bridle, or not?

~Now, somewhere in the desert there is a storm.
What kind of storm is it?
Where is it?
And does it affect the cube, the ladder, the horse, or not?

~Finally, somewhere in the desert are flowers.
Where are they (in relation to the cube, ladder, horse, storm)?
What kind are they?
Are they many or few?
Scattered or clustered?

I reccomend looking at this after you've answered your questions:
The cube represents you.
The ladder is your friends.
The horse is your ideal, or future lover.
The flowers represent children.
-----------------------------
For all you bored people out there like me ;) here's something to keep you occupied. Really, it's better if another person gives you your answers, but after you answered each question. You can find your answers here (http://personal.ansir.com/cube/glossary.html). I'd like to know any interesting things you guys have gotten. I'll post my answers later on, possibly.

I Took the Red Pill
08-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Shiny did this to me. It's quite interesting.

McLovin'
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Apparently I will have a good life with some hot babe. Who is innocent.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I imagined loads of flowers but I don't plan on having so many children

Shiny
08-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I imagined loads of flowers but I don't plan on having so many children
Alot of flowers can mean that your life's work will involve children. So maybe you will be a teacher, or something.

Captain Maxx Power
08-23-2006, 09:48 PM
The problem with this is that the significance of Cubes, Ladders, Horses, Storms and Flowers are different to different people. For example, when I think of cubes I automatically think of those cubes you see in text books. When I think of Horses, the only one that springs to mind is Agro from SotC.

edczxcvbnm
08-23-2006, 09:58 PM
This /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif is always so damn stupid.

What does the cube look like? Like a cube...what the fuck kind of question is this. A cube can only look like a cube.
What's it made of? Colors
What color is it? Blue green and red for the each of the 2 sides of 6.
How big is it? as big as a person
Is it sitting on the sand, or in some other position? Sand
How close or far away is it to the sky? As far away as anything is in relation to the sky

Where is it (in relation to the cube)? Around on the ground
What is it made of (i.e. is it leaning against something)? It is made out of 2 ladders
What position is it in? on the ground
Does it have many rungs, or a few rungs? define many

Where is the horse? In the desert
What breed is the horse? It is the breed of horse
What color is it? Brown
What is it doing? being a horse
Does it have on a saddle or bridle, or not? No...it has no name.

What kind of storm is it? A quiet storm
Where is it? in the sky
And does it affect the cube, the ladder, the horse, or not? Wind got to them...but does that really affect them?

Where are they (in relation to the cube, ladder, horse, storm)? Not close to the storm
What kind are they? Colorful flowers
Are they many or few? Define many
Scattered or clustered? Scattered in clusters

Raven Nox
08-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Is it bad that I invisioned the horse eating the flowers? My husband better not be a cannibal set on eating my children. -_-

Jojee
08-23-2006, 11:30 PM
<b>~In this desert there is... a cube!
What does the cube look like?</b>
It's made of cubey material... clear stuff :</>D It's shiny blue with water inside! It's about the same size as my head xD Sitting on the sand.

It's behind the cube. It's standing and it is very tall ^-^

<b>~In this desert there now appears... a horse.</b>
It appeared on top of the cube, the cube breaks and all the water leaks out and I go, "NOooooooo" and suffer a horrible death from dehydration. Is this taking it too far? Well, it sort of looks like Psychotic, too, all brown and poo colored. I'm bored now xD Too many questions.

<b>~Now, somewhere in the desert there is a storm.</b>
Tropical rain storm, whohoo. It blows everything away ^_^

<b>~Finally, somewhere in the desert are flowers.</b>
All over the place :</>D The tropical rain storm made the desert a lush and beautiful place with tons of blooming flowers <3 Yay. The end.

Now what.

Edit: LMAO at the spoiler tag XDDD Hahah @ the horse one. What did the tropical rainstorm have to do with anything, though? I hate this thingmajig! *quits life*

farplaner
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
It's stupid, yet you went through the trouble of posting your answers...

Well, as is true with all of these types of "tests" they are effective to a point. A lot of the answers I got were completely off. Interpretation isn't a black and white situation, which is why listing a certain set of interpretations on the net doesn't work. If this test was given by a trained psychologist whom I had met with before, than the answers would me more meaningful and probably more accurate.

But anyway, good times...

Roto13
08-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Is it bad that I invisioned the horse eating the flowers? My husband better not be a cannibal set on eating my children. -_-

XD! Nice!

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I cheated and looked at the spoiler before even reading the beginning of the post. What does that mean? :(

Jojee
08-24-2006, 12:07 AM
You're a horrible, horrible person ;) :heart:

fire_of_avalon
08-24-2006, 12:13 AM
What does the storm represent?

Shiny
08-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Ahahaha! Don't worry, you're not the only one who had the horse eating the flowers. This girl in my class said that too and we all started laughing. It just means that your lover won't want children.

Oops.

Storm represents conflict.

If this test was given by a trained psychologist whom I had met with before, than the answers would me more meaningful and probably more accurate.

This is all from a book written by a psychiatrist.

GooeyToast
08-24-2006, 12:19 AM

Emotion? Dunno.

Raven Nox
08-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Ahahaha! Don't worry, you're not the only one who had the horse eating the flowers. This girl in my class said that too and we all started laughing. It just means that your lover won't want children.

Well, I figured he wouldn't really want to eat the kids. =) That isn't so bad, other than the fact that one of the things I really want is to have children one day. xD The horse doesn't look to be a good match as of right now. Anyway, thank you. ^^;

Some of the other stuff went with me, but some of it didn't. But, that's how these things tend to work.

Polyonymous
08-24-2006, 02:33 AM
The cube is shiny and blue, made of an unknown type metal... is fairly large(a bit bigger than the horse) it is hovering above the sand, in the middle of the horizon.

The ladder is in front of the cube, leaning up against it. It is made of wood and has enough rungs to reach the top of the cube. (which is quite a lot)

The horse is on the right side of the cube... I don't know what breed it is, but it is brown and it is just standing there. It has no saddle or birdle.

It is a rainstorm that is off in the distance to the left side of the cube... far left. It doesn't affect the cube, ladder or horse in any way.

They are on the left side of the cube... they are daisys and there is a moderate amount of them... scattered.

This seemed pretty interesting... things like this can be pretty fun, but I never rely on them to tell me what I am like. I figure I know myself better than a test can tell me how I am based on my answers.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2006, 04:22 AM
You're a horrible, horrible person ;) :heart:

I knew it! ;) right back at you.

Cz
08-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Very interesting. I'm not going to take this very seriously, but it's quite fun all the same. It's definitely a cool concept, but whether or not it can actually tell us anything about ourselves isn't clear.

farplaner
08-25-2006, 07:23 AM
If this test was given by a trained psychologist whom I had met with before, than the answers would me more meaningful and probably more accurate.

This is all from a book written by a psychiatrist.

That's fine, but that psychiatrist doesn't know me or anyone else (for the most part) who might answer these questions. I think knowing something about each person who took this test and his/her psychology would have an effect on what the answers mean.

Omnislash07
08-25-2006, 05:02 PM
i read the spoiler after reading the cube thing so i didnt answer the rest but i thought of a Rubix Cube sitting on the ground, so wtf is that supposed to mean exactly

Shiny
08-25-2006, 08:10 PM
i read the spoiler after reading the cube thing so i didnt answer the rest but i thought of a Rubix Cube sitting on the ground, so wtf is that supposed to mean exactly
Rubik's cube= intricate/ adaptable/ ingenious/ clever/ challenging/ liking to outwit others

More info on your cube here (http://personal.ansir.com/cube/glossary.html).

Gullick
08-25-2006, 11:09 PM
aww man, my horse was eating grass, does that count as flowers?

i hope not, i cant wait to call my kid Zeus Gullick^^

-Gull-

farplaner
08-25-2006, 11:54 PM

i hope not, i cant wait to call my kid Zeus Gullick^^

-Gull-

grass in the desert...must have found an oasis. What's the analysis there?

fire_of_avalon
08-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Okay, well this was mine before I read what they all represent.

~Imagine a desert landscape. It's very simple... horizon, sand, sky, whatever you see when you think of a desert.

The cube is very large, and it's made of the surrounding sand. I can't tell what's holding it together, because the sand isn't wet or anything. Just a sand cube. It is late afternoon, so the sun is on the western face of the cube.

The ladder is very tall, because it's leaning against the cube, and it reaches the top. It's made of very old, grey wood that looks unstable, but works very well. It is also on the western face of the cube.

The horse is an Arabian, and has no tack. It is resting in the shade of the cube, beside the eastern face. It's looking at me. It's black.

The cube, ladder and horse are aware of the storm, which is a huge amalgamut of thunder and dust, but it is far away.

The flowers are growing out of the sand cube. o_o They are pink, with succulent leaves.

Decessus
08-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I imagined a sphere. What's that suppose to mean?

farplaner
08-26-2006, 01:50 AM
I imagined a sphere. What's that suppose to mean?

It's the end of the world!!!:eek:

Shiny
08-26-2006, 05:23 AM

Well, unfortunately the site that holds all the answers is down right now so I'm just going to have to try and recall what that meant. Okay, a horse eating meant that they need more in the relationship.