PDA

View Full Version : The Best Final Fantasy?

chrisfffan
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I personally think Final Fantasy 8 is the best FF game ever! a lot of people say 7 and I can understand that but I love 8 the characters the story and the graphics are still good considering it was made in 99.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
7's way better, who cares why it is, it is

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2006, 11:09 PM
It's my second favorite. I loved FFX more :P

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-24-2006, 12:41 AM
I personally think Final Fantasy 8 is the best FF game ever!

obviously :cool:

Shiny
08-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Okay. I'm sure people will agree with you that it is the best and I'm sure people won't agree with you. There is no such thing as the best game in the world, but this game is up there on the top spot. Still, I like Final Fantasy 7 more. But, why put this in Final Fantasy 8 forum where the opinions will obviously be biased to liking FF8 more?

Zeromus_X
08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Did you know? Every game in the series is the best and worst game in the series? :cat:

But anyway, I wouldn't put it near my 'best' spot, but it's an incredible game nonetheless. Think that says something about the series. :cat:

*~Angel Wing~*
08-24-2006, 01:04 AM

FINAL FANTASY VIII IS THE BEST GAME!!!
:monkey: :thumb: :kaohappy2 :kaolove: :kaolove2: :jess: :heart: :jess: :kaolove2: :kaolove: :kaohappy2 :thumb: :monkey:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:bigbiggri

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Not really. I more or less consider every numbered series title except FFI, FFII, FFIV and FFVII to be of a superior quality to FFVIII.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Honestly, I'd pick FFVI or FFX over FFVIII or FFVII because since FFVII all these so called 'best FF EVER' because the 'next gen' are all about playing to the next FMV than paying attention to the story. Yeap! That's what it's all been about since FFVII folks. Don't deny it; y'know it's true... well in most circles.

And.... Here come the flames....

Darkwing Bahamut
08-24-2006, 08:20 AM
It's definitely a good game but I wouldn't call it the best. FFX is the best FF in my opinion.

Slade
08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
As stated before, there cannot be a BEST Final Fantasy. There can be a FAVORITE, but not a BEST, especially considering that none of them are connected and making comparisons is rather pointless because of this fact (except if your comparing a direct sequel like X-2 or Advent Children). That said, my FAVORITE is Final Fantasy VIII, also. The characters and storyline really appealed to me :)

Wilder
08-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Culturally, FFVII is the best, personally, It depends in the mood that you play it, maybe there is not such a thing like the best FF

Raebus
08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
why put this in Final Fantasy 8 forum where the opinions will obviously be biased to liking FF8 more?

Your right, it should be put in the ff7 section. :thumb:

Ahem, IMO ff8 is the most enjoyable. Character/story/music wise.

Hyperion4444
08-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Shouldn't this be in General Final Fantasy?

boys from the dwarf
08-25-2006, 02:18 PM
its in my top 4 FFs.

these are my top 4 in no perticular order.

FF6,7,8 and 9.

i like it more than 7 and its been a long time since ive played 6 because the disk broke so i not sure about that. its pretty much even with FF9.

FF8 has better character development and personalities than any other FF in my opinion and the romance and storyline is great. FF7 has all of that but although FF7 has some truly memorable scene, the characters dont seem as well developed and its not as good in the romance section but thats not a real reason i like FF8 more because FF8 is pretty much a love story. there is no single best FF. its all a matter of opinions. its good if people give reasons instead of being like "FF7 is the best and thats that."

Laugh at face of Danger
08-25-2006, 02:33 PM
BY FAR

daggertrepe
08-25-2006, 04:10 PM
FFIX was the best, sorry guys. :rolleyes2

Conflagration
08-25-2006, 05:32 PM
In my opinion, there is no FF that is the ultimate best in every category. I would say that:

FFVII has the "best" story and the "best" characters.
FFX-2 has the "best" battle system.
FFIX has the "best" theme. It's actually happy and joyful.
FFX is the traditional FF with the "best" graphics, so far. X-2 and XI aren't traditional FFs and XII isn't out in anywhere but Japan yet.

FFVII would probably be the best if the graphics weren't so sucky and there weren't so many grammar errors in it. An FFVII remake with PS3 graphics, completely fixed dialogue and grammar would probably be the best game the world has ever seen. ._.

And about FFVIII, I think that the junction system is the worst system in all the FFs I've ever played.

Dell
08-25-2006, 05:46 PM
In my opinion, there is no FF that is the ultimate best in every category. I would say that:

FFX is the traditional FF with the "best" graphics, so far. X-2 and XI aren't traditional FFs and XII isn't out in anywhere but Japan yet.

FFVII would probably be the best if the graphics weren't so sucky and there weren't so many grammar errors in it. An FFVII remake with PS3 graphics, completely fixed dialogue and grammar would probably be the best game the world has ever seen. ._.

And about FFVIII, I think that the junction system is the worst system in all the FFs I've ever played.

Nope, FFVII does not own Best Story and Best Character, First Generation deserves these title more than Second Generation (FFIX and FFT have good story and character). FFX-2 battle system is ATB which is the same as most FF. And FFVII only own its fan.

The Crystal
08-25-2006, 05:46 PM
In my opinion, the best one, is the one that picked all the qualities of the past FF games, and put them together in a single game. So, FFIX of course.

crazybayman
08-25-2006, 05:52 PM
See, this is all a matter of opinion. No one can declare one best final fantasy. although FF8 is one of my favorites.

These are all very good points, but just opinions. For instance, I severely DON'T agree that FFX-2 had the best battle system. In fact, it was my least favorite game in the series, or the "worst", in my opinion. Likewise, its tough to say that FFVII isn't as good as others, because of the crappier graphics and translations. That's automatically putting one game at an advantage because its newer. Then you have people who say FFXII will be better than FFVII, because its newer and has better graphics. Regardless of how well this game does, there will be millions of people who will disagree.

Therefore, perhaps a poll should be made, to see which Final Fantasy is the most "Popular" amongst us EoFFers........actually.......

*creates poll under the General Final Fantasy Forum*

go vote!

EMX
08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
FF's VII and VIII are tied for my favourite game ever. And naturally for "Best Final Fantasy" too. The storyline in Final Fantasy VIII is

d
e
e
e
e
e
e
p
p
p
p

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2006, 06:24 PM
IV > VIII

Syberia > Final Fantasy

;)

~SapphireStar~
08-26-2006, 07:26 PM
IMO it is the best. Mainly because it was my first FF and I just cant find fault with it, I love everything about it!

McLovin'
08-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I like 8 because as EMX said it is DEEEEP. FF7 was also good. It wasn't as deep as FF8 imo. But I cannot say that either one is better than the other for FF7 does have Sephiroth. :cool:

chrisfffan
08-26-2006, 08:44 PM
thats the thing though final fantasy 8 was my first final fantasy game so maybe thats why its my favourite but iv played all the others the only one that compares to it is 7

Dreddz
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
VIII could never take the position of VII, well in my mind.

VIII had a great battle system, and I'd like to see something similier to the junction system in future FF titles, but everything else was done better in other games in the series.

Auragaea
08-27-2006, 12:40 AM
FFVIII > FFV > FFX-2 > FFTA > FFIX > FFII > FFIII > FFT > FFX > FFXI > FFIV > FFVII > FFVI > FFI

Xurts
08-27-2006, 01:47 AM
I don't have a favorite FF game. They are all magnificent and have their pros and cons. None is better than the other.

The obvious exceptions to this are 10 and 10-2, which shouldn't even be considered FFs because they are a disgrace to the series.

Arrianna
08-27-2006, 08:22 PM
FFVIII is my favorite Final Fantasy.

I don't think there is a best. The series is still ongoing. Until it ends and we can look back at all of them I don't think it is possible to point at any one and say, "this is best".

*~Angel Wing~*
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM
The obvious exceptions to this are 10 and 10-2, which shouldn't even be considered FFs because they are a disgrace to the series.
I disagree. :nonono: :down:

I thought Final Fantasy X was a GREAT game!!! :jess:

Of course it's not as good as Final Fantasy VIII, but I think you're going too far saying FFX and FFX-2 were a disgrace to the series. :eep: :down: I admit FFX-2 wasn't that great, but it wasn't a disgrace.

McLovin'
08-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Lets not get into this shall we?

Xurts
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I disagree. :nonono: :down:

I thought Final Fantasy X was a GREAT game!!! :jess:

Of course it's not as good as Final Fantasy VIII, but I think you're going too far saying FFX and FFX-2 were a disgrace to the series. :eep: :down: I admit FFX-2 wasn't that great, but it wasn't a disgrace.
I will spare you my rant on why they are such horrible games, since this isn't the board for it.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I will spare you my rant on why they are such horrible games, since this isn't the board for it.
Whatever...:rolleyes2

You have your opinion, and I have mine. :moomba:

Shiny
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Your right, it should be put in the ff7General Final Fantasy section. :thumb:
Better.

Ahem, IMO ff8 is the most enjoyable. Character/story/music wise. I think I agree with the music. I think it does have the best music. But, it's hard for me to decide on that considering that I liked FF6, FF7, FF9 and FF10's music so much. But, Eyes on Me alone made great feets in the music industry. Which is alot to say for a song that was composed for a video-game.

ama124
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I don't have a favorite FF game. They are all magnificent and have their pros and cons. None is better than the other.

wow, thats a little harsh. they are not a disgraces at all. Dont get me started. But thats your opinon. Its most certaniley not mine.

Back to the topic, FFVIII is a great game, but its not the best.

hplvr
08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
7's definatly the best of ALL! but FF8 would have to be a strong second

Dell
08-29-2006, 03:58 PM

True, True! I agree with you! FFX and FFX-2 are such a humiliation!

chrisfffan, do you play FF First Generation? Their story are much deeper than any of second generation except maybe FFT.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Except for you know, FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV and FFV.

licence
08-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I've played every FF except 1,2 and 3 and FFVIII is by far my favourite.

I think it is to do with what one you really played first though (the case with many people and 7)
or the one you were old enough to really care about ( my case with 8).

FFVIII Fan
08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
8 was the best in my opinion. It had the most in dept characters & storyline of any FF i've played. To back that up, i will say that the story had everything a story could give; love, hate, revenge etc.
Other than that i believe the game holds the most memorable characters from any final fantasy. An example being Squall (he has to be the most loved/hated character from any FF, just look at the character elimination threads, every go he's been mentioned for been given/deducted points).
Then there was the stat/ability system. I know this again is a love/hate thing with people, but i personally loved it. It was incredably flexable & customisable, and was just... fun. To keep the rest short, i don't think i will ever play a game quite like 8 again, i mean, c'mon, it had the card game.:p

Shiny
08-29-2006, 09:58 PM
I think it is to do with what one you really played first though (the case with many people and 7)

No, it has nothing to do with that. For me atleast. The first FF I've played (FF9) wasn't my favorite, but I did like it. I don't think you should like a game more than the others just, because it was the first one you've played out of the series like some people tend to do.

I don't think there is a best. The series is still ongoing. Until it ends and we can look back at all of them I don't think it is possible to point at any one and say, "this is best".
You know, that is very true.

licence
08-29-2006, 11:04 PM

No, it has nothing to do with that. For me atleast. The first FF I've played (FF9) wasn't my favorite, but I did like it. I don't think you should like a game more than the others just, because it was the first one you've played out of the series like some people tend to do.

I said many people think that, there are exceptions. It's just that everyone I speak to (outside of these forums) was always expecting another Cloud with each new Final Fantasy which was made.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Why is there a general comparison between VII and VIII?

Personally, I think the best Final Fantasies are I, IV, VI, X maybe VII and my second favorite next to VI: Final Fantasy Tactics. Of course one can only post their favorites and I like these Final Fantasies because of their story and music.

FFVIII? I dunno, something just went wrong with VIII that caused a 'generation-gap'. It's not a 'bad game' just the center point of arguements.

I think the second generation is kinda biased because FFVII and FFVIII were their first or second Final Fantasy and most don't or have yet to play any previous Final Fantasy based on it's graphics or old story are the basic claims I hear. Hate me if you will, but I'm that's what I think. I hope I'm wrong.

Final Fantasy IV was my first Final Fantasy on the Super NES, but after that I had to play FFI on the old NES just to see where it all started. I wasn't disappointed. :love: I didn't care about the graphics, the story, the journey was what was worth it. I dunno... What was you journey through the Final Fantasy series?

licence
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
My journey through FF series? Started with VII, then VIII (my favourite), then XI (also loved this one), then VI (didn't really enjoy this one), then X (found it good) then I bought IV and V (I love IV but I've never really got into V, it's good nonetheless) and finally I purchased Tactics Advance, which I think is a great handheld game. I played X-2 at a friend's house and wasn't impressed with it. I may still get it, but it doesn't look like what I expect from an RPG now.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-29-2006, 11:32 PM
My favorite is IX!
Following close is VIII, VII, and X

Vivisteiner
08-29-2006, 11:50 PM
FFIX is best. Followed by FFX, then FFVII, then FFVIII.

But FFVIII is still a great game.

Hambone
08-30-2006, 01:23 AM

:monkey: :thumb: :kaohappy2 :kaolove: :kaolove2: :jess: :heart: :jess: :kaolove2: :kaolove: :kaohappy2 :thumb: :monkey:

:sweatdrop

FFX.

Doesn't this belong in Gen. FF?

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-30-2006, 01:39 AM
i do think ff8 is one of the best, but not better than 7 in my opinion

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Because:

1. FFVII is chronologically before FFVIII

2. FFVII is the most successful FF game with FFVIII being the second

3. Out of the entire series FFVII and FFVIII share the most similarities.

Ouch!
08-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Because:

1. FFVII is chronologically before FFVIII

2. FFVII is the most successful FF game with FFVIII being the second

3. Out of the entire series FFVII and FFVIII share the most similarities.
First of all, with number one, I hope you mean that FFVII came out before FFVIII and not that they occur in the same world. And I have to disagree with number three. The things that FFVII and FFVIII had in common are present in a number of other Final Fantasy titles involved.

Anyway, the first disc of Final Fantasy VIII rocked hard. The rest was an enormous let down. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the game fell short of what the first disc promised. There were too many faults in the character development (whatever happened to the characters other than Squall and Rinoa?), the love story was lacking (short story: Squall is a closet necrophiliac), and the ending was... extremely disappointing. That's my short winded version. I'm not going to get into all the details about why this game disappointed me, because I don't want to piss people off any more than I already may have.

That all being said, I genuinely enjoyed playing Final Fantasy VIII. It was the first Final Fantasy game that I played on my own; I'd watched my friend play through 80% of Final Fantasy VII before I finally got my hands on it. Despite the fact that I bash it a lot, I recognize that it is a good game. I didn't really begin to recognize its flaws until I'd played more RPGs to compare it to. Even still, that doesn't stop me from picking it up every couple years and playing it again.

FFIX ftw.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-30-2006, 03:38 AM
No, I meant they were released one after another.

And about the similarities, I mean the superficial ones that anyone would pick up on like both having a loner emo protagonist, both having a more futuristic setting etc.

Bolivar
08-31-2006, 03:22 AM
chrisfffan, do you play FF First Generation? Their story are much deeper than any of second generation except maybe FFT.

FFVI (arguably) has a better story than its predecessors, but if you think it's story remotely compares to its 3D counterparts then you really need to stop lying to yourself.

"Because, he's an evil clown" just doesn't hold up to the background stories of Sephiroth, The Sorceress, Kuja, or Sin.

As far as FFVIII, I've played through this game 3 times w/o beating it so far. The second time I got to Ultemecia and said "screw this."

The characters, except for Squall/Rinoa, have very little development, whereas that was a huge part of the magic in 5, 6, and 7.

They took pre-rendered backgrounds to a completely different level though. The FMVs were also greatly improved over 7, I'd say they really hit the target in these two aspects.

I'm not a fan of the Junction system. I think it's misunderstood by most players, including myself. I think if the game creators gave us a more clear instructions on how to effectively use it, it would've been better.

I think it definately ranks up there with the best FFs. Maybe one day I'll get around to beating it and I'll see where it ranks on my favorites.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-31-2006, 04:00 AM
"Because, he's an evil clown" just doesn't hold up to the background stories of Sephiroth, The Sorceress, Kuja, or Sin.
A villain doesn't need a ten thousand word backstory to be an decent villain. In the case of Kefka, him prancing around doing a tone of evil s@#$ with childish glee is enough to make him a very effective antagonist.

Zeromus_X
08-31-2006, 04:03 AM
And, you know, turning the world into a living hell for his own enjoyment.

But I can see why people think he's overrated.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-31-2006, 04:06 AM
If by "turning the world into a living hell for his own enjoyment." you mean "losing his s@#$ and moving some statues around" then yes.

BustaMo
08-31-2006, 04:37 PM
IMO, FFVIII is not the best. Many other games are far better and were more interesting, and enthralling to play and figure out even after I was done playing the game. My favorite part of games is to piece together all of the puzzle in the plot when the game is completed. Story and characters were much better in FFVII, FFIX, and FFX, in my opinion of course.

Bolivar
09-01-2006, 12:38 AM
A villain doesn't need a ten thousand word backstory to be an decent villain. In the case of Kefka, him prancing around doing a tone of evil s@#$ with childish glee is enough to make him a very effective antagonist.

I was referring to the poster who said that the first generation of Final Fantasy had much deeper and better stories than the second. I'm not bashing Kefka, to this day his theme music still occasionally gives me goosebumps.

chrisfffan
09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
I think the best Final Fantasy can only be 7 or 8 the others are ok but I don’t think they compare and maybe they have got worse as they have gone along what do u think? im not saying 9 and X were bad its just maybe the ideas have got worn out i think the new one will be something special though.

exit60b
09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I think that VIII is one of my favorites, but I like VI and X more. To me VI and X are one of the best. VIII is definitely in my top for, first being VI, then X, VII and VIII :D

chrisfffan
09-08-2006, 11:16 PM
how can u count the first ones? the graphics are so crap

Yuffie514
09-08-2006, 11:52 PM
I thought Final Fantasy VIII story was the best out of any game i have ever played. Final Fantasy VII was good, but cannot be compared to Final Fantasy VIII. that, and the music cannot be toppled...

licence
09-09-2006, 12:02 AM

Gameplay and story counts, not graphics.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-09-2006, 01:03 AM

Gameplay and story counts, not graphics.

Hear! Hear! Most noobs and 2nd Gen are just eye-candy addicts. They only played FFVII because of the pretty FMVs.

Back in the day, people would make fun of me for playing the First Gen games, right? They were asking how can you play this man? All those little people do is go half-way across the screen, swing, never hit the thing and go back.

My response was: You read a book? A book with pictures?

"Yeah."

"Well do the pictures actually move?"

"....?"

"It's called imagination... I'm playing it for the story... Well that and the music."

Nowadays people just play till they get to the next FMV. FFVII and FFX are the only two that I think have done an excellent blend of visuals and captivating storytelling. But that's just my opinion.

Try playing these kids: www.projectaon.org/

Mind you, it's not the actual books I used to have but it's better! Still requires imagination.

This is what I did as I awaited between Final Fantasy, y'know back in the day, when you only heard about in a magazine a year or more before it was actually realeased and then it may not come to your shores.... I

chrisfffan
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
yea but 7 and 8 has both
story and graphics

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-10-2006, 11:16 PM
yea but 7 and 8 has both
story and graphics

You missed the boat Gilligan.

DfKimera
09-10-2006, 11:29 PM

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
VI. Playable graphics and a killer story.

Goldenboko
09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
yea but 7 and 8 has both
story and graphics

If your saying 7 and 8 have the best story then thats horrible and is a diservice to FF's 8's story isn't even in the top 3! 7's was really good but best, probably not. 8 had good graphics (honestly in certain parts they pissed me off because I couldn't tell where to go) but its story was not that good, I don't even take this thread seriously.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Haha, sorry guys. FFVII > FFVIII :bigsmile:

Omni
09-11-2006, 01:53 AM
ff7 above all and future ff games will remain the best. ff7 was the beginning of a new genre of rpgs. style, storyline, battle scenes, in game movies, ad the intro to cool mini games to be played to pay the time by and win items.

Materia was also the big thing about this game no other has ever been ablr to compare to how it made suck and impact on the progression of the game and the meaning of what it is the corrosponded to the storyline about the lifesteam.

in all actuallalty ff7 is the perfect game. none can compare to it, and none ever will!

DfKimera
09-11-2006, 03:00 AM
... yet most people in these forums, including me, don't think so. Final Fantasy VIII had by far the best story, gameplay and soundtrack in the whole Final Fantasy series. Im not saying its the best, you can't simply tell which is the best because they are meant to be different games. Still, FF8 is my favorite Final Fantasy, RPG and game aswell. Its pointless to discuss such thing in this forum, where most of the FF8 fans hang around.

You say that graphics count? Hell, how come people are still playing the older FFs? How come Square is porting them to mobile cellphones and consoles? They like to loose money or what? Face it, the older Final Fantasies had kickass features and story, and many of them beat the so-worship-and-overrated FF7.

That's just me, but whats the point on discussing that? Better make it a pool to see which is the most-liked game, then arguing over and over. This has to be the 4th thread in here, probably the 100th in the entire EoFF forums. So just leave it like that.

Oh, FINAL FANTASY 8 FTW!

Goldenboko
09-11-2006, 03:03 AM
ff7 above all and future ff games will remain the best. ff7 was the beginning of a new genre of rpgs. style, storyline, battle scenes, in game movies, ad the intro to cool mini games to be played to pay the time by and win items.

Materia was also the big thing about this game no other has ever been ablr to compare to how it made suck and impact on the progression of the game and the meaning of what it is the corrosponded to the storyline about the lifesteam.

in all actuallalty ff7 is the perfect game. none can compare to it, and none ever will!

There is no way that FFVIII is better then IV, or what I've played of V, and VI. Don't even kid yourself, and FFVII isn't the "perfect game" it has its flaws like every other FF, for example it was WAY too easy. Most of the later FFs are. (Not many people agree with me but...) There is almost no difference in have Cait Sith or Red XIII or anyone else, except limits.

Also have you played the earlier FFs?

chrisfffan
09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
yea that’s why I said it can only be 7 or 8 the thing they done great in 7 was the purpose of the story about saving the planet and the way it unfolded with cloud and Areis dieing it made you really want to Defeat Sephiroth and save the the planet! that might be the only thing they got wrong in 8 that they didn’t kill anyone but its still my favourite maybe its because it was the first one I played but I have played all the others since

Goldenboko
09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
yea that’s why I said it can only be 7 or 8 the thing they done great in 7 was the purpose of the story about saving the planet and the way it unfolded with cloud and Areis dieing it made you really want to Defeat Sephiroth and save the the planet! that might be the only thing they got wrong in 8 that they didn’t kill anyone but its still my favourite maybe its because it was the first one I played but I have played all the others since

And FF's have ALWAYS been
Person"Let's go save the world"
Everyone else "Yay world save-age!"
FFVII isn't the first game with death, have you played IV? Death everywhere! Also 2 there is death, and to more then just one character.

(I didn't want to kill Sephiroth considering he was cooler then your party members:P)

chrisfffan
09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
I haven’t played the old games and I don think I will I consider 7 and 8 old im not gona play the really old games and how well did they do anyway? I don’t think they done anywhere near as good as 7 or 8 or am I wrong?

Shiny
09-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Please, let's not start the whole FF7 vs. FF8 debate crap again. :eep: It never ends well. Or rather FF *insert number* vs. FF *insert other number*, because they're all top notch games.

... yet most people in these forums, including me, don't think so.
Who is this most people you speak of? The only reason most of people in this thread are for FF8 more, is because this is the FF8 forum. Most people on this site have other opinions.

Goldenboko
09-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I haven’t played the old games and I don think I will I consider 7 and 8 old im not gona play the really old games and how well did they do anyway? I don’t think they done anywhere near as good as 7 or 8 or am I wrong?

Yes your wrong, very wrong FFIV was great (excellent story),
V has the best leveling system out of all the games (In my opinion of course, but I'm not the only one who feels this way)
VI Is considered the best Final Fantasy ever, so far it does have a very good story, and Kefka hasn't been a letdown.

So by saying the old ones can't compare to the new ones you actually sound like a total n00b/fanboy (no offense of course)

DfKimera
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Who is this most people you speak of? The only reason most of people in this thread are for FF8 more, is because this is the FF8 forum. Most people on this site have other opinions.

That's why i meant this forum, not this website. All I read in EoFF is Final Fantasy VIII, Writer's Corner and the Announcements. Theres too much stuff to read, and I (still) have a life to take care of.

As I said, its pointless to discuss which Final Fantasy is the best on a certain Final Fantasy forum, because that's where the fans from that Final Fantasy are. Its also pointless to discuss about this subject because all Final Fantasies are great. There is no best or worse Final Fantasy, there is only the ones you like and the ones you don't.

Yes your wrong, very wrong FFIV was great (excellent story)

Seconded.

chrisfffan
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
posted by goldenboca

V has the best leveling system out of all the games (In my opinion of course, but I'm not the only one who feels this way)
VI Is considered the best Final Fantasy ever, so far it does have a very good story, and Kefka hasn't been a letdown.

So by saying the old ones can't compare to the new ones you actually sound like a total n00b/fanboy (no offense of course)

That was a bit offensive! Haha what I mean is that comparing FF1V with 7 or 8 is a bit like comparing super Mario with metal gear solid I don’t think you can compare them!!

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 09:59 PM
posted by goldenboca

That was a bit offensive! Haha what I mean is that comparing FF1V with 7 or 8 is a bit like comparing super Mario with metal gear solid I don’t think you can compare them!!
Yes you can! (Besides everyone knows Super Mario is better then Metal Gear Solid I :P)

You are acting like a n00b everytime you say that. FFIV's Storyline beats VII's. Excellent storyline in both IV's was better.
Saying that VII had a better level up system then V's isn't true. V has a great level up system possibly the best in the series...

You can't judge what you haven't played, the orginals rocked and are just as good as the Second Generation.

chrisfffan
09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
go and play packman!

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 10:24 PM
go and play packman!
If thats all you can say its clear I won this arguement you are trying to judge 6 games you haven't played and you can't...

chrisfffan
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
it wasn’t an argument it was a discussion nobody wins!

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I have already rested my case you need to play the orginals and then come back to this thread....

And the one's on Game Boy don't count they're easier, and have downgraded music.

P.S. P.A.C.M.A.N! That is how you spell pacman.

chrisfffan
09-13-2006, 10:33 PM
you would know that wouldnt you haha packman, pacman whatever your the only one on this thread that thinks the really old ones are the best

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes your wrong, very wrong FFIV was great (excellent story)

Seconded.

Really is that so?

And actually my favorite is FFIX (its the first one I played so thats to be expected)
As for the best, that will probably never really be determinded.

chrisfffan
09-13-2006, 10:40 PM
yea your right everyone has their favourite game and maybe thats why 8 is mine because it was the first one i played

Sweet Beloved
09-14-2006, 02:44 AM
My fave is most likey to be ff7 but of course as well, it was the first one I played. To me, the storyline was more connected to the characters in some way or another and it really got me into the series. I do have to give ff8 credit as well. I spent forever playing it and even though I've played it more than ten times, it's still exciting. :)

XandrewX
09-14-2006, 06:21 AM
Yes this is the best Ff to me...easy battle system and junctioning and no complicated storyline

chrisfffan
09-14-2006, 09:32 PM
this is to the larst person who posted what game is your favourite 7 or 8?

Raebus
09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
[.............]

He mentioned juctioning. What other ff game has juctioning?

Edit: Heck, its even in the FF8 section.

chrisfffan
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
yea but the person before was talking about ff7 anyway it can only be 7 or 8 so whats the best 3 things from 7 and the worsted the same with FF8

Best FF7
1. charcters
2. story line
3. Sepiroth the best bad guy!

Worst FF7
1. the graphics were good at the time but now they dont look that good
2. Cait Sid THE CAT
3. Areis death good or bad? i think it was good for the story others will disagree

Best FF8
1. The Romance Squall Rinoa good or bad?
2. The graphics were better
3. Complex Story line good or bad?

Worst FF8
1. Romance good or bad?
2. Selphie
3. Complex Story Line good or bad?

sephirothishere
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
2. Selphie
heheheheheheheheheheheheh...right on man......heheheheheheheh...

Goldenboko
09-14-2006, 11:09 PM
yea but the person before was talking about ff7 anyway it can only be 7 or 8 so whats the best 3 things from 7 and the worsted the same with FF8

Best FF7
1. charcters
2. story line
3. Sepiroth the best bad guy!

Worst FF7
1. the graphics were good at the time but now they dont look that good
2. Cait Sid THE CAT
3. Areis death good or bad? i think it was good for the story others will disagree

Best FF8
1. The Romance Squall Rinoa good or bad?
2. The graphics were better
3. Complex Story line good or bad?

Worst FF8
1. Romance good or bad?
2. Selphie
3. Complex Story Line good or bad?

*Takes out Large Club*
How dare you insult Kitten Sith!... and you spelt his name wrong!
C.A.I.T S.I.T.H
Got it memorized?

Also
S.E.P.H.I.R.O.T.H
Got it memorized?

Also
Storyline= 1 word...

Correct spelling and punctuation is everyone's best friend!

And you are a Graphic WHORE! When you play a game you must consider the time period and forget about the current one, dispite you mentioning that it was good at the time you don't even include the graphics. The graphics were consider amazing back then so if anything if you played FFVII when it was made the graphics would be in the best parts.

Bolivar
09-15-2006, 02:33 AM
I think 8's ending was better than 7's, but 7 had more back story to the characters and was alot deeper, having to do with the Planet & how all life is intertwined.

I think FMV's is the only thing 8 has over 7, character ability system/battles/mini-games in 7 were possibly the best in the series.

PyroManiak
09-15-2006, 08:16 PM
unassailably FFVII

chrisfffan
09-16-2006, 08:04 PM
give me a break! look I know my spelling isn’t the best but it was late at night when I wrote that list im sure u understood anyway

_yeojina_
09-17-2006, 01:05 AM
FFIX was the best, sorry guys. :rolleyes2'Nuff said.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Okay, if you gonna talk about 'the best' without being biased, which you are, then what about the predecessor? I, II, III, IV, VI, VI?

Y'know graphics are all there is to it. The majority of you eye-candy hoars only got into Final Fantasy because FFVII showcased FMVs on the commercials and that only lead you to play to the next FMV not the story, which was good by the way. But you don't care about that do you? No, you only want to see the pretty colors...

Look at Dirge of Cerebus. All show and not game play. It's nothing more than a cinematic game like "God Of War".

Raebus
09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
All show and not game play. It's nothing more than a cinematic game like "God Of War".

HAHAHA, your hilarious.

God of war featured beautiful gameplay aswell as looks, so I don't agree with you. :)

Goldenboko
09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
give me a break! look I know my spelling isn’t the best but it was late at night when I wrote that list im sure u understood anyway

Appearently someone has never played KHII...
That was a joke Axel in KHII would go (Insert word here) Got it memorized?

This game isn't ALL eyetoy but, its graphics did get it a large part of its fanbase.

McLovin'
09-17-2006, 07:19 PM
You know FF8 and FF9 are the only FF's after 7 that don't have a spin off story.

7 has a helluva lot of stuff.

10 has 10-2.

11 has expansions.

12 has a sequel/prequel.

13 has like 3 of them.

8 and 9 have nothing. :(

Bolivar
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Okay, if you gonna talk about 'the best' without being biased, which you are, then what about the predecessor? I, II, III, IV, VI, VI?

Y'know graphics are all there is to it. The majority of you eye-candy hoars only got into Final Fantasy because FFVII showcased FMVs on the commercials and that only lead you to play to the next FMV not the story, which was good by the way. But you don't care about that do you? No, you only want to see the pretty colors...

Look at Dirge of Cerebus. All show and not game play. It's nothing more than a cinematic game like "God Of War".

those games should be considered, but the truth is that graphics isn't the only thing that was improved over the predecessors.

The storylines were alot deeper. The character interaction was much more life-like. The dialogue was more realistic.

And that's not even getting into the battles.

If you look at I-VI, you'll notice the games are very still - nothing moves. Sure the sprites in towns occasionally move left and right but it's very irregular. In the battles you fight still-life pictures of monsters, whereas most 16 bit games at the time were having animated enemies come to life.

the PS FF's, like it or not, changed all those things. It was the first time where Square basically stopped making the same game over and over again.

DynasticJam
09-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I personally think Final Fantasy 8 is the best FF game ever! a lot of people say 7 and I can understand that but I love 8 the characters the story and the graphics are still good considering it was made in 99.

I agree with every word you said there, I personally enjoy Final Fantasy VIII a lot more than Final Fantasy VII, to be honest, I find that Final Fantasy VII can take a bit of time to get into, most of the beginning of the game is spent walking around doing very little and not taking part in many battles. Final Fantasy VIII gets right into the action, plus it has the Junction ability, which I thought was a fantastic way of upgrading your characters stats etc. The story was a lot better in my oppinion, the battle system was a lot fluent, and the overall look of the game was a lot more impresive. FFVIII is one of those games that I could play all night and day without getting one bit bored. But for me, nothing beats Final Fantasy X! :D

Shadow Masamune
09-17-2006, 08:50 PM
So many FF 8 fangirls and fanboys. I must say I am surprised there are this many people that enjoyed Final Fantasy 8, I used to talk to so many people that thuoght you should skip FF8, mainly because of the repetitive battle system ( I love drawing 300 magics about 50 times, it was AWESOME!!! [sarcasm]). However, I did love FF8. I am a sucker for lovestories.

FF7 was awesome. Currently playing FF9 and love it so far.

FF6 no contest compared to the others. Kefka, lame as hell, such a weak anagonist, with his weak laugh and joker like personality, I found him lame. Character development was too broad and not deep enough. They just threw Celes and Locke together, not much story. Gau was a retard. Anyway, FF6 is the weaker of the FF's I have played.

FF10-2...All I know is hearsay, however, it sounds like it would have been better as a movie, and everyone who ever played it that I spoke to tends to agree.

chrisfffan
09-17-2006, 11:01 PM
i think your right about drawing in the game it can be a bit boreing and i think people who played 7 first and loved it didnt like 8 because no matter how good it was it wouldnt be as good as 7

Goldenboko
09-17-2006, 11:10 PM
So many FF 8 fangirls and fanboys. I must say I am surprised there are this many people that enjoyed Final Fantasy 8, I used to talk to so many people that thuoght you should skip FF8, mainly because of the repetitive battle system ( I love drawing 300 magics about 50 times, it was AWESOME!!! [sarcasm]). However, I did love FF8. I am a sucker for lovestories.

FF7 was awesome. Currently playing FF9 and love it so far.

FF6 no contest compared to the others. Kefka, lame as hell, such a weak anagonist, with his weak laugh and joker like personality, I found him lame. Character development was too broad and not deep enough. They just threw Celes and Locke together, not much story. Gau was a retard. Anyway, FF6 is the weaker of the FF's I have played.

FF10-2...All I know is hearsay, however, it sounds like it would have been better as a movie, and everyone who ever played it that I spoke to tends to agree.
*Looks at what you posted for FFVI*
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
*dies*
*Auto-life kicks in*
Your going to get bashed by FFVI fans (don't say I didn't warn you!)

Oh! And to settle how good FFVII's graphics where at the time

Never before have technology, playability, and narrative combined as well as in Final Fantasy VII. The culmination of Square Soft's monumental effort is a game that will enrich just as it will entertain. Yet, for all the boundless praise it so rightfully deserves, Final Fantasy VII is not without its shortcomings and occasional design problems. These are enough to make some gamers (who are unfamiliar with RPGs, to be sure) wonder just why anyone would bother playing through it in the first place.

This is the most dazzling visual experience to date on any console. Film-quality computer-generated cinematics blend seamlessly with pre-rendered background artwork to create the strikingly realistic world of Final Fantasy VII, both beautiful in its grandeur and terrifying in its detail. The overworld and battle sequences are presented in full polygonal splendor with just a touch of texture mapping for good measure. But you haven't seen anything until you witness some of the more powerful magic spells in the game. Massive dragons heed your bidding, dwarfing your gigantic enemies tenfold; an earth titan tears the ground up from beneath your enemies' feet, flinging them aside like toy blocks. Some of these summoning spells cut to over half a dozen different camera angles as the catastrophe unfolds. Meanwhile, a masterfully orchestrated soundtrack - courtesy of veteran composer Nobuo Uematsu - is a major force behind the intense emotion of Final Fantasy VII. The synthesized musical score hearkens Final Fantasy's golden age on the Super Nintendo, consciously staying true to its roots.

Bolivar
09-18-2006, 02:30 AM

I agree with every word you said there, I personally enjoy Final Fantasy VIII a lot more than Final Fantasy VII, to be honest, I find that Final Fantasy VII can take a bit of time to get into, most of the beginning of the game is spent walking around doing very little and not taking part in many battles. Final Fantasy VIII gets right into the action, plus it has the Junction ability, which I thought was a fantastic way of upgrading your characters stats etc. The story was a lot better in my oppinion, the battle system was a lot fluent, and the overall look of the game was a lot more impresive. FFVIII is one of those games that I could play all night and day without getting one bit bored. But for me, nothing beats Final Fantasy X! :D

I think you have to the two games mixed up.

FFVII starts off when you jump off a train and immediately plunged into battle. You continue in battles until you destroy the reactor.

FFVIII starts off in an infirmary and you must walk around the garden and in class before you are able to leave and let real action take place.

Complete reverse right there.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-18-2006, 03:39 AM
Considering its greatest asset was its battle system, no.

xezero
09-18-2006, 03:01 PM
final fantasy 8 is without a doubt the best :love:

DynasticJam
09-18-2006, 04:19 PM

FFVII starts off when you jump off a train and immediately plunged into battle. You continue in battles until you destroy the reactor.

FFVIII starts off in an infirmary and you must walk around the garden and in class before you are able to leave and let real action take place.

Nope, I'm talking about Final Fantasy VIII, alright, I see what you're saying, but I suppose what I mean is that Final Fantasy VIII has a lot more to it, there is of course the Junctioning System and so many other things to get involved in, obviously it may not get streight into the action, but at least you can summon GF's early in the game. Materia was cool, but not as cool as all the features in FF8, but that again is a personal opinion. I found FF7 to be a bit too dark for my liking.

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 06:55 PM
i think thats what made 7 great the darkness of it!

Bolivar
09-18-2006, 07:06 PM

Nope, I'm talking about Final Fantasy VIII, alright, I see what you're saying, but I suppose what I mean is that Final Fantasy VIII has a lot more to it, there is of course the Junctioning System and so many other things to get involved in, obviously it may not get streight into the action, but at least you can summon GF's early in the game. Materia was cool, but not as cool as all the features in FF8, but that again is a personal opinion. I found FF7 to be a bit too dark for my liking.

i agree with the rest of that though.

8 was a much more complete game. The Junction system had alot of depth. As big of a jump 7 was from 6, 8 was still able to push the series forward.

Elpizo
09-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, I enjoy playing VIII very much. It's the last Final Fantasy I have to beat to have finished FF I till IX. But to sya it's the best? Not really... It IS a great game, though, ranks up tehre in my top 3, battling with III for the third place.

FF VIII was a step in the rigth direction when it came to graphics, good graphics and beautiful FMV's, what more do you want?
The battle system is, well, 'fast'. With the right junctioning, battles are a breeze. On the end of Disc 1 I had Squall with 3000 HP+ thanks to the 100 Curagas junctioned to his HP. I love the junctioning. In my humble opinion, it beats Materia in every way. I didn't like Materia, I shall be honest. And, unlike most people, I welcomed drawing. It was great to see soem form of spellcharges back, something that had disappeared since III.

Characters, well, Squall and Rinoa get most of the attention. And while most people loath Squall (but like Cloud, explain me that?!), I think he's a very good main character. You get to see his thoughts quite much, which adds to understand him. And, while I'm no fan of big swords, I like his gunblades. It's fun to always strike critical with 100 Ultimas junctioned to your strength. :rolleyes2
Other characters are good as well, and I really like Irvine. His Limit Break has some cool poses. I like trigger happy cowboys. ^^

The stroy is fresh and new. tehre's no real super evil, powerful uber cool villain with a big sword. It's a girl. ;)
And I like it, makes the story a bit newer, in ways. And more original.

The soundtrack in this game is great! Liberi Fatali, the Man with the Machine gun, The Extreme, they are all great examples of excellent tracks.

A good game really, but it misses a few things for me so I would call it one of the best Final 'Fantasies'. The futuristic placement is a bit of a setback for me, but it works much better in this game than in VII.

It certainly deserves a high score, but it just can't beat Final Fanatsy IX, which is the only Final Fantasy that I would call a 'true' Final Fantasy in the second generation. IX still remains the best in the series. Before yo uall go sayign how sucky IX is, I didn't call VII nor VIII sucky, because they aren't, and if you guys out there are true FF fans, you wouldn't call ANY FF sucky.

DfKimera
09-18-2006, 08:36 PM

When I tryed for the first time to play FF7, I gave up after the first battle. The beginning was so boring that i just closed it and started to replay FF8. A few weeks later I tryed again and finished it. Its a kickass game, but FF8 had more exciting moments, including the beginning of it.

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 08:45 PM
yea the start and finnish were better than 7 but maybe thats just because of the graphics im sure they would of done a better job of 7 if it was made in 99 and if they had the money!

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 08:58 PM
yea the start and finnish were better than 7 but maybe thats just because of the graphics im sure they would of done a better job of 7 if it was made in 99 and if they had the money!

Once again don't say anything bad about FFVII's graphics because...

Oh! And to settle how good FFVII's graphics where at the time

Never before have technology, playability, and narrative combined as well as in Final Fantasy VII. The culmination of Square Soft's monumental effort is a game that will enrich just as it will entertain. Yet, for all the boundless praise it so rightfully deserves, Final Fantasy VII is not without its shortcomings and occasional design problems. These are enough to make some gamers (who are unfamiliar with RPGs, to be sure) wonder just why anyone would bother playing through it in the first place.

This is the most dazzling visual experience to date on any console. Film-quality computer-generated cinematics blend seamlessly with pre-rendered background artwork to create the strikingly realistic world of Final Fantasy VII, both beautiful in its grandeur and terrifying in its detail. The overworld and battle sequences are presented in full polygonal splendor with just a touch of texture mapping for good measure. But you haven't seen anything until you witness some of the more powerful magic spells in the game. Massive dragons heed your bidding, dwarfing your gigantic enemies tenfold; an earth titan tears the ground up from beneath your enemies' feet, flinging them aside like toy blocks. Some of these summoning spells cut to over half a dozen different camera angles as the catastrophe unfolds. Meanwhile, a masterfully orchestrated soundtrack - courtesy of veteran composer Nobuo Uematsu - is a major force behind the intense emotion of Final Fantasy VII. The synthesized musical score hearkens Final Fantasy's golden age on the Super Nintendo, consciously staying true to its roots.

Neo Blackheart
09-18-2006, 09:52 PM
I have not played FF I, II, III, IV,V,or VI but the ones past that where good in their own catagories and is better for which each person plays it. FF VII I like because the materia system I thought was bad ass. where FFVIII not so much because of the draw and cast part. the story was good and the junction was pretty good. the graphix was better because it was made later so that catagory is not appable.

FFIX I did not play

FFX was one of the most in depth and as you always had something to do in each area even if it was your 6th time there so that is what made it fun.

FFX-2 was one of the lamest FF games made in my openion you only have 3 (HOT) characters to play as where as the others you got like 4 or more to chose from and also you had only one weapon for each class and it was just plain out annoying to do all that. I was more a mission type game. go to a place run a mission and you are done.

I just will not choose which is the best because there is always a way to change your mind.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-18-2006, 10:31 PM

those games should be considered, but the truth is that graphics isn't the only thing that was improved over the predecessors.

The storylines were alot deeper. The character interaction was much more life-like. The dialogue was more realistic.

If you look at I-VI, you'll notice the games are very still - nothing moves. Sure the sprites in towns occasionally move left and right but it's very irregular. In the battles you fight still-life pictures of monsters, whereas most 16 bit games at the time were having animated enemies come to life.

the PS FF's, like it or not, changed all those things. It was the first time where Square basically stopped making the same game over and over again.

It's called imagination Johnny. If you ever read a book and it had illustrations... Do the pictures move? No. This is where the fun part of this thing that a lot of New Geners are lacking; it's called E-Ma- Gee-Nay-Shun.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-18-2006, 10:33 PM

It's called imagination Johnny. If you ever read a book and it had illustrations... Do the pictures move? No. This is where the fun part of this thing that a lot of New Geners are lacking; it's called E-Ma-Gee-Nay-Shun.

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 10:35 PM
yea but its great when u have a good story and good graphics rather than a good story and rubbish graphics

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
yea but its great when u have a good story and good graphics rather than a good story and rubbish graphics

:twak:

Story and gameplay are 100x more important then graphics! Stop treating them as equals!

Plus the old graphics weren't rubish, there is nothing rubish about 2-D.

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 10:44 PM
haha i cant win with you! the gameplay was great in FF8 too apart from drawing

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 10:49 PM
But failed in comparsion to that of FFIV, V ( I have FUN leveling up), and VII (I'd list more just not in the mood)...

The battle system was repititive, it was too easy, leveling up and draw was REALLY boring, but must be done if you want to beat Omega....

The graphics are really the only thing that beat other FFs.

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 10:51 PM
i think the love story was good

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 10:56 PM
FFIX's love story was MUCH better.
And FFVIII's love story is actually much more of a Fangirl attractor, to me FFVIII's love story sucked.
I mean COME ON....

Squall doesn't care about her,
She goes in coma, Squall is suddenly head over heals in love,
but when the get on the Ragnork BOOM! He ignores her again.

chrisfffan
09-18-2006, 11:03 PM
he doesn’t come out of his shell till later on its realistic because he is shy sometimes when bad things happen to someone you realise how much you like them

Bolivar
09-19-2006, 01:21 AM
It's called imagination Johnny. If you ever read a book and it had illustrations... Do the pictures move? No. This is where the fun part of this thing that a lot of New Geners are lacking; it's called E-Ma-Gee-Nay-Shun.

Absolutely.

Imagination is a big part of the magic of the earlier titles.

But I place a big emphasis on story, and one thing the latter games have is the more breathtaking sceneries that help illustrate the storyline.

Video games are a visual art, if rpgs were better off leaving it up to imagination they would still be making text-based RPGs, matter of fact, you'd be better off reading books.

But thats only one part of my post. character interaction, dialogue, backstory have all gotten progressively better.

Not only that, but the games are more entertaining to play.

Like Goldenboco said, Story + Gameplay are most important. you can't compare the 1st generation to the second.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-19-2006, 04:40 AM
he doesn’t come out of his shell till later on its realistic because he is shy sometimes when bad things happen to someone you realise how much you like them

Oh gimme a break! He has no more affection for Rinoa than one would picking away at a scab. It bugs you at first, but when you start picking at it, and picking it, until you can't anymore or it's gone and then you miss it. But wait, here's another scab, or you missed a piece, yay!

Squall is loner and an a**hole. The game give you some text choice so that he'll stay true to type, but if you don't 'play nice' you won't get some bonuses. This is why I couldn't get into this game because it kept reminding me it was a game. The story is so badly executed and the game play and FMVs don't connect in the sense that you're lost in the story, but constantly reminded you're playing a game and not an interactive story.

And people that say "Oh, these characters are soooo much like real people. They think and react like real people would."

Oh FOR THE LOVE OF THE WIDOW, C'MON!!!!

Quistis is highly paid and trained MERCENARY and suddenly jeprodizes the mission to kill the Scourge of the Planet, SORCERESS Edea, to go an apologize to some ditzy girl she met less than 48 hours ago?

And within the span of 30 minutes or less, Squall is placed in Command of Balamb Garden and all it's staff, students, ect, and in the midst of the surprise attack by the Galbadian Garden's Forces, Squall HAS to be the one that rescues Rinoa? Here's how I saw this scene play out when I first played it....

SQUALL: "Sometime I swear I can hear God laughing at me. How am I supposed to handle this? I've got over two hundred-- Oops, now make that 198 students to look after and..."

????: "Squall! Squall! It's Rinoa!"

SQUALL: "Uh-huh, right on cue. What is it you fuggin' morons?!"

MORONS: "Squall it's Rinoa! You gotta rescue her!"

SQUALL: "What the-! Look around! Can't you see I'm busy trying to keep us ALL from being killed? There's like, what, six of you? And you can't think of a way to save her yourselves? One of you got a 12 foot chain whip for cryin' out loud! And YOU, you got that incredibly over-sized elongating nunchaku-things!

MORONS: "No, Squall, it's GOTTA be YOU that rescues her! ONLY YOU can do it!"

SQUALL: " ?!! Gotta be me-!? ... ... ... What the-! ... ... (sigh) Y'know, what? Something wrong with you... Something seriously wrong with the lot of you...

MORONS: "We'll handle things from here!"

SQUALL: Handle-! You mean like you did in Dollet!?!! Quistis, what is that, french for "Questionable Judgement"? God! No, wonder you got demoted! Hell, because of you screwin' up the Dollet Mission, I got shanked with an icicle! I'm still mad about that...just because of that I should crack your s**t !

MORONS: "Hurry Squall! We know you love her!"

SQUALL: ... Y'know what... I'm... I'm... I'm going... But if I get killed I'm coming back and f***in' you up!"

Well, that's pretty much it. Well, that an a lot of other scenes that these characters acted like 'real' people. Yeah, real DUMB people.

And Selphie! My god, this girl doesn't ever need to do drugs, because she's naturally high and stupid. Let's take a look at Trabia Garden.

GIRL: "Hi Selphie...

SELPHIE: Hey! How are doing?

GIRL: Whadda think? I just survived a nuclear strike on our home, and discovered I don't have to be afraid of the dark if I just wet the bed to make the sheet glow.

Selphie: Have you seen Mr. Bear?

GIRL: I dunno, at first I thought he boogied on down without warning us too, but then I found him over there... ANd there, and there, and oh yeah, over there too.

SELPHIE: Well, just remember to keep your spirits up.

GIRL: I see the spirits of the dead every night in this dump. And you're right, I guess the bright side is that I've started growing a mutated tail, and my third eye is just coming in.

SELPHIE: I gotta go now... See ya around. La la la la Train Train la la la...

GIRL: Yeah, buh-bye now, and if you can whatever vitamins you're taking in the morning... Send me some to so I can be as oblivious to the pain and suffering around me, k?

I'm gonna stop now... But 'real people'... Come-ON!

chrisfffan
09-19-2006, 10:01 PM
you really are a plonker! the larst person who replied

if u played the game all the way through you would understand why squall was a lone wolf and why he eventually falls in love with Rinoa I think you should play the game again from the beginning and pay attention to the story!

Goldenboko
09-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I payed attention to the story and I agree with Pharoh Amon Khan III...

Squall is suppose to be a lone wolf but, that doesn't mean he has to be an @##hole. Many character decisions don't make sense, the Quistis going to apolgize being one of them.

AND WTF IS A PLONKER?

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 12:12 AM
you really are a plonker! the larst person who replied

if u played the game all the way through you would understand why squall was a lone wolf and why he eventually falls in love with Rinoa I think you should play the game again from the beginning and pay attention to the story!

Listen up Haggis McGuiness, I DID play it again, you bloody puff! Not all the way through again, but... And it's the same thing! LOL... It's like I said... It keeps reminding you it's game instead of an interactive story!

My god! What does LOVE have to, have to do with it?! What's love, but second hand emotion... Love should have taken a backseat to this. I mean, their all 18 or close to it, but they talk like high school air-heads like the cast from 90210. Their more concerned with 'love' and 'fuh-rend-ship' than saving their lives.

Squall is introduced to us as a rebel both in and out of the classroom. He's the 'Dark Fonzie' of Balamb Garden when we first get to know him. So when it came to first dialouge choice to whether or not show Selphie around...

"I'm in a hurry... Quistis is waiting and grading me... Oh, why not. Surely I can spend the time to show her around, and (turns to the camera/audience) and at the same time show the rest of you the crib as well... C'mon everybody...

OR

"... ... Get a map. Take the elevator down, go down the stairs and there's this big diagram of the whole place. If that doesn't help you, call on the Lord. Gotta go."

SELPHIE: You're mean. You couldn't just show me arou-! (FACE SLAP!)

SQUALL: Look, this may be your first day here, so far I'm having a crappy day! See this indeliable mark of imperfection across my face? Yeah, I got this THIS MORNING... BEFORE BREAKFAST! To top that off, I got a screaming headache, I'm running late on my exams, and I got a field mission later on today! So if I'm being rude, or mean, because I'm pressed for time, tough tah-tahs!"

But of course if we want to stay true to type... We obviously pick the 'nice' option.

NOTE: I gotta let everyone no, that I'm not really getting irrate, I'm just expression my opinions in a comical rant... Much like one of my favorite comedians LEWIS BLACK.

DfKimera
09-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I disagree with your point of view but your ironic translation of Squall is so funny! You should start a comic or somethind :p

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I disagree with your point of view but your ironic translation of Squall is so funny! You should start a comic or somethind :p

Thanks. But seriously, did you just think "WTF kinda choices are these?"

At least in FFVII you learned as you went seemlessly with the game. It didn't distract you.

FFVIII... Hmm... Okay, here's the story, I'm kinda more than confused... Oh, here's a part of the game to 'show me around'.

RoxasLeonhart
09-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Squall is not really a lone wolf he just does not talk much.

~SapphireStar~
09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
He is a lone wolf, hes seen as a loner. Bascially someone who would rather be alone.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Squall is not really a lone wolf he just does not talk much.

Given the choice you have to choose what he says or thinks, I wouldn't say much either. LOL

But really, Squall is the only 'real' character in this game because he's a loner and as a orphan child, he's gotten used to it. Everyone leaves no one stays.

Big Sis, Matron Edea, Zell, Irvine, Quistis, Selphie. Sure he 'forgot' about the other 'siblings' but Big Sis leaving was a turning point for him in his young life. Why get attached if you're going to leave me anyway. Love, if it truly exists, apparently isn't the strongest of the chains that binds...

I can fully understand that in Squall. Which is also why I understand his frigid reaction to some ditzy girl who everyone, including her, keeps thrusting upon him so that he will change.

There's a strange security in lonliness.

Bolivar
09-21-2006, 02:50 AM

Oh gimme a break! He has no more affection for Rinoa than one would picking away at a scab. It bugs you at first, but when you start picking at it, and picking it, until you can't anymore or it's gone and then you miss it. But wait, here's another scab, or you missed a piece, yay!

Squall is loner and an a**hole. The game give you some text choice so that he'll stay true to type, but if you don't 'play nice' you won't get some bonuses. This is why I couldn't get into this game because it kept reminding me it was a game. The story is so badly executed and the game play and FMVs don't connect in the sense that you're lost in the story, but constantly reminded you're playing a game and not an interactive story.

And people that say "Oh, these characters are soooo much like real people. They think and react like real people would."

Oh FOR THE LOVE OF THE WIDOW, C'MON!!!!

Quistis is highly paid and trained MERCENARY and suddenly jeprodizes the mission to kill the Scourge of the Planet, SORCERESS Edea, to go an apologize to some ditzy girl she met less than 48 hours ago?

And within the span of 30 minutes or less, Squall is placed in Command of Balamb Garden and all it's staff, students, ect, and in the midst of the surprise attack by the Galbadian Garden's Forces, Squall HAS to be the one that rescues Rinoa? Here's how I saw this scene play out when I first played it....

SQUALL: "Sometime I swear I can hear God laughing at me. How am I supposed to handle this? I've got over two hundred-- Oops, now make that 198 students to look after and..."

????: "Squall! Squall! It's Rinoa!"

SQUALL: "Uh-huh, right on cue. What is it you fuggin' morons?!"

MORONS: "Squall it's Rinoa! You gotta rescue her!"

SQUALL: "What the-! Look around! Can't you see I'm busy trying to keep us ALL from being killed? There's like, what, six of you? And you can't think of a way to save her yourselves? One of you got a 12 foot chain whip for cryin' out loud! And YOU, you got that incredibly over-sized elongating nunchaku-things!

MORONS: "No, Squall, it's GOTTA be YOU that rescues her! ONLY YOU can do it!"

SQUALL: " ?!! Gotta be me-!? ... ... ... What the-! ... ... (sigh) Y'know, what? Something wrong with you... Something seriously wrong with the lot of you...

MORONS: "We'll handle things from here!"

SQUALL: Handle-! You mean like you did in Dollet!?!! Quistis, what is that, french for "Questionable Judgement"? God! No, wonder you got demoted! Hell, because of you screwin' up the Dollet Mission, I got shanked with an icicle! I'm still mad about that...just because of that I should crack your s**t !

MORONS: "Hurry Squall! We know you love her!"

SQUALL: ... Y'know what... I'm... I'm... I'm going... But if I get killed I'm coming back and f***in' you up!"

Well, that's pretty much it. Well, that an a lot of other scenes that these characters acted like 'real' people. Yeah, real DUMB people.

And Selphie! My god, this girl doesn't ever need to do drugs, because she's naturally high and stupid. Let's take a look at Trabia Garden.

GIRL: "Hi Selphie...

SELPHIE: Hey! How are doing?

GIRL: Whadda think? I just survived a nuclear strike on our home, and discovered I don't have to be afraid of the dark if I just wet the bed to make the sheet glow.

Selphie: Have you seen Mr. Bear?

GIRL: I dunno, at first I thought he boogied on down without warning us too, but then I found him over there... ANd there, and there, and oh yeah, over there too.

SELPHIE: Well, just remember to keep your spirits up.

GIRL: I see the spirits of the dead every night in this dump. And you're right, I guess the bright side is that I've started growing a mutated tail, and my third eye is just coming in.

SELPHIE: I gotta go now... See ya around. La la la la Train Train la la la...

GIRL: Yeah, buh-bye now, and if you can whatever vitamins you're taking in the morning... Send me some to so I can be as oblivious to the pain and suffering around me, k?

I'm gonna stop now... But 'real people'... Come-ON!

you're misinterpreting what I said.

Yes, there are certain parts in VIII that make you want to kill the main characters because of how illogical they can act. B

What I said was that the dialogue was alot more realistic as far as the way human beings interact with eachother.

in FF I-V, and VI too, the character interaction was very simple. Conversations were unrealistically short. Characters who should have something to say would awkwardly stay quiet.(ex: Mash not saying anything to Edgar until he revealed he wasn't Gerad)

I understand that it's video games. But VII (and VIII) changed that and made storytelling in games on par with movies. The fact that Quistis went to apologize to Rinoa may have been a little crazy (they did have time though) but at the same time, the interaction, the things they actually say to eachother between the two is very human, not like the very 2-dimensional and static characters of previous games..

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 06:48 AM
you're misinterpreting what I said.

[QUOTE]Yes, there are certain parts in VIII that make you want to kill the main characters because of how illogical they can act.

No there are certain parts, and rare I might add, that I don't want to kill them... Everything else, it's just a wonder I kept them alive intentionally against my will to reach a save point.

What I said was that the dialogue was alot more realistic as far as the way human beings interact with eachother.

I don't think I am misinterpreting Apologies if I am though. I'm sorry, dude, but I have yet to understand people that use dialouge like the characters from 90210 and the O.C to be 'realistic. Believe me I've seen people like this and they have the nerve to look at me strange because I give 'em the answer in 1 minute versus their 30 minutes of drama. Face it, it's unrealistic over-the-top drama that doesn't make any sense.

in FF I-V, and VI too, the character interaction was very simple. Conversations were unrealistically short. Characters who should have something to say would awkwardly stay quiet.(ex: Mash not saying anything to Edgar until he revealed he wasn't Gerad)

This is the perfect example of foreshadowing and dramatic tension. Sure we already KNEW why Sabin (Mash) wasn't talking to Edgar... But the hidden details (dramatic tension) made you want to know more about the story. They didn't just leave it hanging. Odine, and Cid Kramer...

I understand that it's video games. But VII (and VIII) changed that and made storytelling in games on par with movies.

Yes, one of them being a good movie that deserved a sequel ;)

The other... eh... not so good. Not even a novelization.

The fact that Quistis went to apologize to Rinoa may have been a little crazy

It wasn't a little crazy, it just plain stupid. No question about it. Of course this is all just my opinion.

(they did have time though) but at the same time, the interaction, the things they actually say to eachother between the two is very human, not like the very 2-dimensional and static characters of previous games..

You say they had time, but obviously the writer's had no sense of timing. This scene alone just doesn't make any logical sense. No matter what your 'emotions' are no matter how 'human' you are. You are a mercenary soldier, and logic dictates that you can apologize to the ditzy girl, AFTER you save the world from "Darth Vader" (Sorceress Edea).

P.S.: Read my last post.

DfKimera
09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
All i can say is... Owned!

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 08:44 PM

I can't draw...:cry:

chrisfffan
09-22-2006, 08:10 PM
you cant compare 8 to the really old ones 7 and 8 are in a league of their own

Goldenboko
09-22-2006, 09:28 PM

Would you mind giving, oh what are those things called? REASONS! You haven't played the old ones you don't know what their like you can't compare PERIOD.

chrisfffan
09-22-2006, 11:42 PM
okay do u agree with me or pacman?

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-23-2006, 12:02 AM

Oh man, that is SOOO biase. I not even sure if I should respond any futher than this...

But... You no me...

Honestly, dude... How can you say that? From what I can understand by stepping in your shoes (boy these are tight), is this:

:love: The 'League of their Own" is defined by the fact that these are the "Second Generation" of Final Fantasies and the first ones to incorparate FMVs to their legendary stories, music, and gameplay. It was because of these 'new' innovations that made Final Fantasy as famous and what it is today....:love:

Okay, y'know what, fug these shoes... Their killin' me. So, now that I'm back in my own size 7 1/2... (so I have small feet, shaddup)... I'll say piece on this... Ahem... Buckle up kids... here we go...

Final Fantasy was in a "League of It's Own" LONG before FFVII. Back in the day, people ridiculed and mocked all RPGers much like you 2nd Gen, mock the 'graphics' and bad visual actions of encounters.

Back then Final Fantasy had a world-wide fan-base, but it was much smaller. We enjoyed the story and music. Graphics took a backseat because we understood they just representational like illustrations in books. Books, that were interactive and captivating. We didn't need FMVs because the FMVs were in our heads, just like the entire story. The battles, the 'scenes', all it in our minds as we 'read' the screen before us.

But now... Here we have a new generation that can no more see anything other than what's on a screen and nothing more or beyond it.

They play for FMVs and not the story. They say that 7 and 8 broke the mold with their 'character customization'... No. That was Final Fantasy V and Vi. All characters were individuals but each could be whatever class they wanted.

I liked VII, but as I was playing it I found myself getting sucked into "when is the next FMV" and I stopped myself, because it just dawned on me that this is why people are raving about it. At first I was so happy to finally see Final Fantasy begin to get open respect, but after this realization... I paused and continued my game but after the defeat I waited with abated breath of what the new Final Fantasy VIII would be about...

Sure enough... Final Fantasy VIII was nothing more than graphics smorgasboard. Even the Summons were nothing more than eye-candy to take away your attention from this horribly HORRIBLY executed story. It could have been a good story, if not great, but not even good because of it's poor execution. The GF were basically 'Pokemon' as everyone had to 'catch 'em all' to see what their animations would be like. At one point in the game I thought I saw "Pika-Chu". Animations that lasted minutes on end.

I do not like Final Fantasy VIII for a host of reasons, because it was taking away that which Final Fantasy once was... If this was supposed to be about a story of 'Love' I certainly did not feel it.

Final Fantasy X restored my faith in the developers. FFX was once again a Final Fantasy that lured you into a world and didn't let you go. It made you feel emotions for and of the characters. But then they made "That Which Should Not Exist"... FFX-2... (shudder)

Anyway, I would like to hear why FF8 and FF7 are "In A League Of Their Own".

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 01:20 AM

Chris if anyone was going to agree with you it would be a shame. You are trying to say,

Because I really like these games no others can compare.

Well thats stupid, like I said before...

Would you mind giving, oh what are those things called? REASONS!

You support your opinion with nothing!

And now like you've done all of mine, and Pharoh Amon Khan III's posts so far. Realize that we are thinking rationally and just make some comment like....

Dude you can't beat FFVII and FFVIII

Well guess what Chris, by continually saying that over and over you may as well admit your thinking irrationally.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-23-2006, 01:34 AM

Chris if anyone was going to agree with you it would be a shame. You are trying to say,

And now like you've done all of mine, and Pharoh Amon Khan III's posts so far. Realize that we are thinking rationally and just make some comment like....

Well guess what Chris, by continually saying that over and over you may as well admit your thinking irrationally.

Whoah! Whoah! Whoah!... Go easy on him... He got a right to feel the way he does about his favorite game Goldenboco...

HOWEVER..... Goldenboco is right... You really can't be biased and just claim as the best game ever without considering the others.

The the bottom rung of the ladder is worth considering because they got you to the top rung... Another thing to remember is... How else would you get back down?

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 01:56 AM

Whoah! Whoah! Whoah!... Go easy on him... He got a right to feel the way he does about his favorite game Goldenboco...

HOWEVER..... Goldenboco is right... You really can't be biased and just claim as the best game ever without considering the others.

The the bottom rung of the ladder is worth considering because they got you to the top rung... Another thing to remember is... How else would you get back down?
Yes, and I myself made the point everyone has there own favorites before, but I've been going easy on him for too many posts now and I decided to give him a piece of my mind.

Not to mention I hate it when someone totally disregards everthing in a post.

chrisfffan
09-23-2006, 01:00 PM
The originals were the stepping point for the future games like 7, 8, 9 and X but comparing the originals to these games is mad they have great stories but the game play the graphics and the way the story is explained is lacking compared to 7,8,9 and X but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played and I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 04:12 PM
but the game play
Thats total bull,
A. How would you know that if you never played them huh?
B. That is untrue, I've enjoyed FFV's battle system much more then seven's which was actually rather plain (all seven did was introduce limits)
FFIV (The hard type version) Is proving to be dare I say it difficult if you don't level up much unlike many of the new games, making it fun because you have to use strategy *gasp*!

the graphics
Graphics are all relative to the time of the release of the game, when the FF's came out they pushed the limit of graphics so at the time* the FF's graphics where amazing for that time period, and before you bring this up the sound was consider out of this world considering the time and avalible technology.

*Again graphics are relative so graphics can only be measured by how they where at the time.

and the way the story is explained
Where did you get this from? I found that FFIV's story needed very little after game explaination (as in none) the way it was presented was extrodinary(excuse the spelling I just woke up), in fact not only is FFIV's story better then VIII's it is much easier to understand as the story unfolds, not because of simplicity, because of the way it was shown to you.

but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played

Actually the order I played my games where IX, VII, VIII, X then IV, (more then that I don't feel like listing). But I was impressed to no end to IV's storyline, I loved it dispite playing VII, and VIII and X first (I don't mention IX cause thats my favorite).

You are to quick to assume things about the orginals, and about me.

I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.
We don't slag, you are naming things about games you have never played we telling you our opinions, along with some facts (such as at the time *whatever I wrote up there) and you are taking it as slag.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-23-2006, 04:39 PM
The originals were the stepping point for the future games like 7, 8, 9 and X but comparing the originals to these games is mad they have great stories but the game play the graphics and the way the story is explained is lacking compared to 7,8,9 and X but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played and I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.

How is it "mad"? The "New" games are BASED UPON THE OLD GAMES!

And again... You're just admitting that you're an eye-candy hoar. You can't compare graphics to their story-tellling.

It's not because they were just the 'first' ones. It's because people have taken to gloriifying graphics over story. FFVIII was a poorly executed story and people who took this as their first or second Final Fantasy claim it the "BEST OF ALL FINAL FANTASIES"... And that's just biased, stupid, and arrogant. Now, stating this in the clear form of opinion... That's another thing.

"Happiness without a past, is happiness without a future."

You gotta understand, Chris... A lot of the Final Fantasy that you're defending is based upon the Final Fantasy of the past, just with pretty FMVs.

I mean, c'mon, admit it... If it were'n't for the graphics and FMVs you would NEVER play a Final Fantasy, would you? Uh-huh... I thought so.

Bottom line, you have to give respect to your elders. You have to respect the rungs of the ladder that brought you this far... You might find it fun to go backwards in the FF trilogy and find where CID first appeared... When the Masamune and Murasame came from... And more and more...

Don't knock it until you try it... You gotta look beyond graphics and pretty colors. Because in the end, just like at the end of good movie... Only your memory and imagination are left...

Till next time...

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Whose being hard on him now ;)

but the game play
Thats total bull,
A. How would you know that if you never played them huh?
B. That is untrue, I've enjoyed FFV's battle system much more then seven's which was actually rather plain (all seven did was introduce limits)
FFIV (The hard type version) Is proving to be dare I say it difficult if you don't level up much unlike many of the new games, making it fun because you have to use strategy *gasp*!

the graphics
Graphics are all relative to the time of the release of the game, when the FF's came out they pushed the limit of graphics so at the time* the FF's graphics where amazing for that time period, and before you bring this up the sound was consider out of this world considering the time and avalible technology.

*Again graphics are relative so graphics can only be measured by how they where at the time.

and the way the story is explained
Where did you get this from? I found that FFIV's story needed very little after game explaination (as in none) the way it was presented was extrodinary(excuse the spelling I just woke up), in fact not only is FFIV's story better then VIII's it is much easier to understand as the story unfolds, not because of simplicity, because of the way it was shown to you.

but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played

Actually the order I played my games where IX, VII, VIII, X then IV, (more then that I don't feel like listing). But I was impressed to no end to IV's storyline, I loved it dispite playing VII, and VIII and X first (I don't mention IX cause thats my favorite).

You are to quick to assume things about the orginals, and about me.

I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.
We don't slag, you are naming things about games you have never played we telling you our opinions, along with some facts (such as at the time *whatever I wrote up there) and you are taking it as slag.
I calmed down...

How is it "mad"? The "New" games are BASED UPON THE OLD GAMES!

And again... You're just admitting that you're an eye-candy hoar. You can't compare graphics to their story-tellling.

It's not because they were just the 'first' ones. It's because people have taken to gloriifying graphics over story. FFVIII was a poorly executed story and people who took this as their first or second Final Fantasy claim it the "BEST OF ALL FINAL FANTASIES"... And that's just biased, stupid, and arrogant. Now, stating this in the clear form of opinion... That's another thing.

"Happiness without a past, is happiness without a future."

You gotta understand, Chris... A lot of the Final Fantasy that you're defending is based upon the Final Fantasy of the past, just with pretty FMVs.

I mean, c'mon, admit it... If it were'n't for the graphics and FMVs you would NEVER play a Final Fantasy, would you? Uh-huh... I thought so.

Bottom line, you have to give respect to your elders. You have to respect the rungs of the ladder that brought you this far... You might find it fun to go backwards in the FF trilogy and find where CID first appeared... When the Masamune and Murasame came from... And more and more...

Don't knock it until you try it... You gotta look beyond graphics and pretty colors. Because in the end, just like at the end of good movie... Only your memory and imagination are left...

Till next time...

You got pissed!

Don't you think you went abit too far?

chrisfffan
09-23-2006, 05:08 PM
yea take a chill pill!

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 05:14 PM
As for you... he had a point! Read our posts, if you read them give more feedback then

yea take a chill pill!

You are acting like a n00b.

chrisfffan
09-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Your very biased and the only thing you have said that is better about the old games is the stories but they couldn’t have been that good explain one of them to me?

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Your very biased and the only thing you have said that is better about the old games is the stories but they couldn’t have been that good explain one of them to me?
Biased? Your the one judging things that you haven't played. I refuse to write an entire storyline (ruining it for you and others) plus I also mentioned more then story....

That is untrue, I've enjoyed FFV's battle system much more then seven's which was actually rather plain (all seven did was introduce limits)

You aren't actually reading the posts. Your just continually saying we're being biased, The new ones are supreme, and we aren't mentioning enough.

DfKimera
09-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I have to say that after I played IX and V, I changed my mind about VIII... FF8 had a great potential and a great story, but it was so badly executed and had so many boring moments if compared to IX (:love:) Not saying it sucks, Square still has to do a FF that sucks, but it's certainly not the best.

Dell
09-23-2006, 07:44 PM
It....looks like....you guys are having...uhm....how should I say it......yes! Cold Debate! Don't you think CK will fly to you?

I don't think we need to discuss this, as they are no best Final Fantasy and they are no worst Final Fantasy, all of them are equal. If you still want it, Final Fantasy XII will take the Best Final Fantasy (Square commented that FFXII was their best work).

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-23-2006, 08:05 PM

Okay... Chris... Read back over what you said: ... "couldn't"...

Yeah, that's right... You're blatantly indicating that you HAVEN'T played the previous Final Fantasies that we've mentioned...

Dude, look, all we're saying is that it just doesn't seem fair that you're placing FFVIII on a pedestal when you haven't given recognition to the foundations of that pedestal. It's just wrong. It's disrespectful.

You have to understand, you're a Nu-Gen, a 2nd Gen. One of those of countless others that were introduced to Final Fantasy via FFVII and nothing else mostly because of the sole purpose of "Pretty FMVs"...

Now I must admit there of some Nu-Gens that, coupled with the re-versions of the GBA, that have played the first Gen. And I respect them for that wholly,... Or "Holy"... heh heh... :D

(ahem) Anyway,... It's kinda like WWII verterans chastizing youngers.

It's kinda like fansubbers telling off Americans that saw DBZ 10 years late and suddenly getting into DBZ but refuse to listen to the original Japanese dialouge, especially because Goku, doesn't sound to their liking... Trust me... Give Goku as listen for a while and you'll WISH the American version sounded off with his emotion in his voice.

You gotta give things a chance Chris... C'mon... Go down to the video game store... Gamespot or whatever... Looking in the PS1 and GBA sections and see FFIV, FFI/II, ect.

Give 'em a chance.

P.S. I heard that FFIII sucked in Japan, but I'm still gonna give it a shot A.S.A.P.!!!!

Till next time kiddles... This PAK saying: MOMMY PUT THE KIDS TO BED AND... ... UH... PUT ON THAT "THING" I GOT YOU FOR CHRISTMAS!!! DADDY'S HOME!!!!:D

chrisfffan
09-24-2006, 10:14 PM
if u are judging the game just by the story you have to give it to final fantasy 7 but I don’t think a game should be judged just by the story theirs other elements to it like the gamplay the way its put together and YES the graphics.

Goldenboko
09-24-2006, 10:27 PM
if u are judging the game just by the story you have to give it to final fantasy 7 but I don’t think a game should be judged just by the story theirs other elements to it like the gamplay the way its put together and YES the graphics.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!
VII didn't have the best story.

Order of important qualities...
Gameplay then, Story, then graphics.

chrisfffan
09-24-2006, 10:43 PM
i know what you are goin to say i havent played the first ones but the story would have to amazing to beat 7 thats why i wantead you to explain it i dont think many people have on this forum

Goldenboko
09-24-2006, 10:51 PM
The story in FFIV was simple stunning, it took characters and showed how fragile they could be, showed that there is evil in even the purest.

The story began with Cecil as a murderus dark knight and ended with him as a Pure Paladin.

More then that and I am ruining a great game.
Like Pharoh said(but alittle blunter), shut up, go to your local game place, buy Final Fantasy Cronicles, and Anthology, do not think about how "This game can't be any better then these" while playing them, and then think.

Chris asking us to explain them is stupid. Even if I gave you the most detailed touching storyline, you want to believe it isn't as good therefore you'd say FFVII is better.

Psychotic
09-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeah this thread has had its day. Is it that much of a challenge not to get personal?